Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses, Pillow Top Mattresses
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (21)
  • Good support (16)
  • Soft feel (16)
  • Durable (12)
  • Holds shape (12)

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)
  • Too soft (4)
  • Squeaks (3)

• Primary bed (21)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (10), Budget shopper (7), High-end shopper (4)
    • I received a sample (5), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Best Bed Ever

The first Sleep Number bed we owned was when we converted our queen size water bed to a Sleep Number bed. It was fantastic, the absolute best. After a few years of that we moved up to a king size Innovation i8 PillowTop. We still have it and every day it is like sleeping in luxury. We love that each side of the bed can have the firmness individually controlled. My wife likes a moderately firm mattress. I like a softer mattress. With this bed we both can be happy with how firm or soft we want it. There is one big problem with our bed. When we travel, we can't take it with us! That's how much we love our Sleep Number bed. If you have never tried one, just visit one of their store's, lie down on a bed, try out the remote control, and you'll probably be hooked. I do recommend that you spend the extra bucks to get one of their best models, you won't regret it. Considering how much of our lives we spend in bed sleeping, this bed really has made a difference in our lives. I know I must sound like a salesman for them, but I am not nor have I or any relative or friend worked for them. My wife and I are only customers of theirs. I wish they gave referral bonuses because several friends of ours have bought this bed after "testing" ours. So we give Select Number Innovations Series i8 PillowTop a well deserved rating of 10!

Comfort
This is one of the most comfortable beds we have owned. We will never go back to the old fashioned kind of mattress.

Support
With the included remote control, each side of the bed can be adjusted to the persons liking from very soft to very, very firm.

Firmness
This bed can be adjusted to a almost rock hard degree with the settings on the included remote control. By using the remote each side can be adjusted to varying degrees as each person desires.

This bed has been tested for durability. Our bed has held up very well. When we owned the converted queen size water bed, one of the baffles failed. We called and it was replaced without any problems.

Lies

Their Guarantee is no Guarantee as it will cost you money to return it.

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the...Read complete review

Their Guarantee is no Guarantee as it will cost you money to return it.

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.
Even getting the name of the representative is not enough as they will simply say they don't know who that representative is.

I have a very bad back. I have to sleep on a bed that is unfortunately just right for my spine to avoid pinching the l4 l5 nerves. I assumed their adjustable bed would be capable of dialing in the right position. It doesn't. There is something very different about the pressure support provided by an air bladder and that provided by traditional springs. I am not an engineer so I cannot really describe the difference; I did see a fairly accurate review that attempted to describe the way air supports the body. I did not read this until after purchasing the bed.

The fact is be very careful about buying a sleep number bed if you have a bad back. Also, their return policy is NOT what they say it is. You don't get a trial period. I think that is why they are rated with only 2 stars. For a person with a condition like mine, the trial guarantee period is obviously the primary objective for purchasing such a product. Given they don't really offer a trial guarantee period, I recommend trying one of the other manufacturers that truly does have a guarantee that they stand by.

Awesome

from Co

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity

The best

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Sleep Number Bed

from Odenville, AL

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Lumpy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Love my sleep number bed. This is the 4th matteress since I've been married. Nothing compares to it. You get great sleep. Very comfortable. Best bed for the money.

I want this bed!

from Waynesboro, tn

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I got to spend the weekend on this bed, I loved it, my husband started snoring and I just adjusted the bed, abs finally got sleep.

Nice bed

from VA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

went today and tested a sleep number bed, it was fun and the bed was comfortable. however, I can not afford the price they charge.

great mattress for a great price

from WEST COLUMBIA SC

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

we have this and we love it

I am not real impressed with this matress for the price!

from Middleport; Ohio

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Exceptionally soft
      • Holds Shape
      • I do love how big the king is
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Pillowtop is false advertising
      • Pricy
      • Squeaks
      • Too firm for me, hurts my back!
      • Too Hard

• My main bed for every night use

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This is an ok bed. It is just not as nice as it should be for the promises it makes and the price you pay. It is a little too firm for me. And the pillowtop is false advertisement in my opinion. I'm not saying by any stretch that you couldnt make it work, because we did! Like I said, it is just not what I wanted or was looking for! Still in the market for a good support queen or king matress.

A comfortable mattress with no stress

from Chicago

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Everything about this product is well good and craft but it too soft any way i love it like that

Never slept better!

from Chicago IL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

We use this as our primary bed. I couldn't be happier with the quality. The versatility of being able to change the firmness of the bed from night to night is very useful. We haven't had any issues. Would recommend to all my friends and family

Sleeping in heaven

from Cleveland Ohio

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

The bed is very comfortable to lay on. I have a bad back and with my old bed I would wake up with back aches every morning. Sleeping on this now I have absolutely no back trouble.

Lucky find

from Evanston wyoming

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Adjustable
          • Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Pump broke

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

We got a sleep number bed with the adjustable air chambers andMemore foam mattress we love it but or eclipse pump to air it up broke and to expensive to get another. I just don't want one of the air chambers to pop, Because a replacement one is around $200-$799USD

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand