4.1
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (8)
  • Good support (8)
  • Durable (6)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Soft feel (5)

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)
  • Too soft (3)

• Primary bed (8)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (4), High-end shopper (3)

Best Bed Ever

The first Sleep Number bed we owned was when we converted our queen size water bed to a Sleep Number bed. It was fantastic, the absolute best. After a few years of that we moved up to a king size Innovation i8 PillowTop. We still have it and every day it is like sleeping in luxury. We love that each side of the bed can have the firmness individually controlled. My wife likes a moderately firm mattress. I like a softer mattress. With this bed we both can be happy with how firm or soft we want it. There is one big problem with our bed. When we travel, we can't take it with us! That's how much we love our Sleep Number bed. If you have never tried one, just visit one of their store's, lie down on a bed, try out the remote control, and you'll probably be hooked. I do recommend that you spend the extra bucks to get one of their best models, you won't regret it. Considering how much of our lives we spend in bed sleeping, this bed really has made a difference in our lives. I know I must sound like a salesman for them, but I am not nor have I or any relative or friend worked for them. My wife and I are only customers of theirs. I wish they gave referral bonuses because several friends of ours have bought this bed after "testing" ours. So we give Select Number Innovations Series i8 PillowTop a well deserved rating of 10!

Comfort
This is one of the most comfortable beds we have owned. We will never go back to the old fashioned kind of mattress.

Support
With the included remote control, each side of the bed can be adjusted to the persons liking from very soft to very, very firm.

Firmness
This bed can be adjusted to a almost rock hard degree with the settings on the included remote control. By using the remote each side can be adjusted to varying degrees as each person desires.

This bed has been tested for durability. Our bed has held up very well. When we owned the converted queen size water bed, one of the baffles failed. We called and it was replaced without any problems.

Lies

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the...Read complete review

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.
Even getting the name of the representative is not enough as they will simply say they don't know who that representative is.

I have a very bad back. I have to sleep on a bed that is unfortunately just right for my spine to avoid pinching the l4 l5 nerves. I assumed their adjustable bed would be capable of dialing in the right position. It doesn't. There is something very different about the pressure support provided by an air bladder and that provided by traditional springs. I am not an engineer so I cannot really describe the difference; I did see a fairly accurate review that attempted to describe the way air supports the body. I did not read this until after purchasing the bed.

The fact is be very careful about buying a sleep number bed if you have a bad back. Also, their return policy is NOT what they say it is. You don't get a trial period. I think that is why they are rated with only 2 stars. For a person with a condition like mine, the trial guarantee period is obviously the primary objective for purchasing such a product. Given they don't really offer a trial guarantee period, I recommend trying one of the other manufacturers that truly does have a guarantee that they stand by.

Sleep Number Stores have the best mattresses

from New Haven, CT

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This sleep number mattress by far has been the best mattress I've ever bought. I had an amazing experience at the store and the employees are extremely knowledgeable. I wanted to find my perfect number setting before I committed to purchasing any mattresses. This pillowtop mattress feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud. It's extremely soft yet sturdy enough to offer excellent support all night long. I wake up feeling refreshed and energized which is amazing considering my old mattress left me sore and miserable in the mornings. I also bought a sleep number pillow to go with this mattress. I am thoroughly convinced that this brand is the best.

SLeeP by number 14 years

from Stacy,mn

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I've had one for 14 years. Replaced the outer support foam a couple years ago. I read some of the reviews and only thing I can think of is people are spilling liquid in the bed I've never seen mold. I suppose if your really over weight I could see how the bed could break down faster. Im not skinny. If your going to move it you need to take it completely apart. At least the one I have you do because the rubber that's sewn to the cloth is not very strong and I ripped it. And it seems to slide around a little bit. Need to push it so its even with the base once and a while but that might be because I have a skirt on it. Looking at upgrading to the x12 with the adjustable base to get some better sleep. I think it's a little pricey but I'm going to see if they will negotiate on the price. I don't think they will do it in the store you have to get in touch with the main office.

I would reconsider choosing another brand over sleep number

from Nashville

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Flex top king separates

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

The flex top mattress makes you feel like your in a separate bed than your partner as the tops move away from each other. The sleep number adjustment doesn't seem to always be correct.

I have the best night sleep with this bed!

from San Jose California

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I have always struggled with sleep, most nights I would be lucky to get 3 hours sleep. Someone suggested it may be my bed. So I decided to purchase a new bed and after several days of looking online at reviews I decided on this bed. It was the best decision ever! I sleep like a baby now, and wake up so refreshed. I definitely recommend this bed to anyone

I really like to buy this product, lm happy by it

from Jazan KSA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity
        • Lumpy
        • Squeaks
        • Too Hard
        • Too Soft

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Magic design, hard materials that makes it unique

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Lies

from Denver, CO

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
          My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.

Great mattress!

from Meeker, Colorado

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This mattress is wonderful. I have hip problems and my husband has back problems. We are continually changing our "number" to our night. When the bed starts to feel like it's starting to form a cavity then we pump it all back up to 100 for the day and at night we bring it back to our number that night and it's just like a new bed.

Amazing

from GA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I really like this mattress by Sleep Number. We purchased it for when family comes to visit so they will have a nice place to stay and not only have we been impressed because we tried it out a few nights but I am pretty sure my Mom wants to move in with us because of how nice this bed is ha ha. It is extremely comfortable and a very top quality mattress, honestly I think it is one of the best ones on the market. You can tell Sleep Number does its research to make the best bed they can for people, especially for those who have experienced sleep problems like insomnia, these mattresses help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep for longer without any tossing and turning. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a new mattress!

Feels a little too soft sometimes!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

It is a wonderful mattress and great for people who has back issues. If are currently looking for a mattresses then you should definitely look for this one.
              Comfort
              This one is as comfortable as one can imagine. Although, sometimes it feel too soft but still very firm to give proper support to your sore back.
              Firmness
              Even though it often feels too soft, it is also very firm at the same time. It can also be adjusted according to your need through a remote control.
              Support
              It gives proper support to your back while laying down and can be used to cure your back problems.
              Even though my mattress is fairly new, still I can say that it is durable enough to hold for few more years without much problems. Till now, it never caused me any problems and gives me perfect nights of sleep, much needed.

Very uncomfortable!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This mattress was very uncomfortable for me. I could not sleep at all. I have tried numerous mattresses over the last 25 years and this mattress was by far the most uncomfortable. The settings were great for my spouse but could not get a equal medium for myself.

Comfort
              I could not get comfortable on this mattress. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in arms, legs, back, neck, and shoulders. When one issue may have felt better the other issues felt worse. The firm setting hurt my back just as much as the softer ones. My spouse found the mattress comfortable.

Support
              My back pain was alot worse on this mattress than any other mattress that I have tried. My spouse thought the mattress was supportive.

Firmness
              The firm settings of the mattress were like a board. My spouse tried the firmer settings, although they utilize the softer settings and they also felt the firm settings were very uncomfortable.

This Mattress had a nice, clean look to it. The mattress seemed well built and durable.

• Comfort: