Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses, Pillow Top Mattresses
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (11)
  • Good support (10)
  • Durable (8)
  • Soft feel (8)
  • Holds shape (7)

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)
  • Too soft (3)

• Primary bed (11)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (6), High-end shopper (3)

Best Bed Ever

The first Sleep Number bed we owned was when we converted our queen size water bed to a Sleep Number bed. It was fantastic, the absolute best. After a few years of that we moved up to a king size Innovation i8 PillowTop. We still have it and every day it is like sleeping in luxury. We love that each side of the bed can have the firmness individually controlled. My wife likes a moderately firm mattress. I like a softer mattress. With this bed we both can be happy with how firm or soft we want it. There is one big problem with our bed. When we travel, we can't take it with us! That's how much we love our Sleep Number bed. If you have never tried one, just visit one of their store's, lie down on a bed, try out the remote control, and you'll probably be hooked. I do recommend that you spend the extra bucks to get one of their best models, you won't regret it. Considering how much of our lives we spend in bed sleeping, this bed really has made a difference in our lives. I know I must sound like a salesman for them, but I am not nor have I or any relative or friend worked for them. My wife and I are only customers of theirs. I wish they gave referral bonuses because several friends of ours have bought this bed after "testing" ours. So we give Select Number Innovations Series i8 PillowTop a well deserved rating of 10!

Comfort
This is one of the most comfortable beds we have owned. We will never go back to the old fashioned kind of mattress.

Support
With the included remote control, each side of the bed can be adjusted to the persons liking from very soft to very, very firm.

Firmness
This bed can be adjusted to a almost rock hard degree with the settings on the included remote control. By using the remote each side can be adjusted to varying degrees as each person desires.

This bed has been tested for durability. Our bed has held up very well. When we owned the converted queen size water bed, one of the baffles failed. We called and it was replaced without any problems.

Lies

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the...Read complete review

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.
Even getting the name of the representative is not enough as they will simply say they don't know who that representative is.

I have a very bad back. I have to sleep on a bed that is unfortunately just right for my spine to avoid pinching the l4 l5 nerves. I assumed their adjustable bed would be capable of dialing in the right position. It doesn't. There is something very different about the pressure support provided by an air bladder and that provided by traditional springs. I am not an engineer so I cannot really describe the difference; I did see a fairly accurate review that attempted to describe the way air supports the body. I did not read this until after purchasing the bed.

The fact is be very careful about buying a sleep number bed if you have a bad back. Also, their return policy is NOT what they say it is. You don't get a trial period. I think that is why they are rated with only 2 stars. For a person with a condition like mine, the trial guarantee period is obviously the primary objective for purchasing such a product. Given they don't really offer a trial guarantee period, I recommend trying one of the other manufacturers that truly does have a guarantee that they stand by.

Haven't bought yet

from Ct

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I visited a Sleep Number store to try out new beds and this one is amazing! It was super comfy and is custom for an individual sleep! I would definitely buy this as soon as possible however it is slightly pricey!

Absolutely worth it!!

from Naperville, IL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

So amazing because it is adjustable!! Love the snore feature! It actually works!

Try it and you'll fall in love!!

from Waxahachie, Tx

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This is the most amazing bed I've ever slept on!!

Sleep Number Stores have the best mattresses

from New Haven, CT

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This sleep number mattress by far has been the best mattress I've ever bought. I had an amazing experience at the store and the employees are extremely knowledgeable. I wanted to find my perfect number setting before I committed to purchasing any mattresses. This pillowtop mattress feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud. It's extremely soft yet sturdy enough to offer excellent support all night long. I wake up feeling refreshed and energized which is amazing considering my old mattress left me sore and miserable in the mornings. I also bought a sleep number pillow to go with this mattress. I am thoroughly convinced that this brand is the best.

SLeeP by number 14 years

from Stacy,mn

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I've had one for 14 years. Replaced the outer support foam a couple years ago. I read some of the reviews and only thing I can think of is people are spilling liquid in the bed I've never seen mold. I suppose if your really over weight I could see how the bed could break down faster. Im not skinny. If your going to move it you need to take it completely apart. At least the one I have you do because the rubber that's sewn to the cloth is not very strong and I ripped it. And it seems to slide around a little bit. Need to push it so its even with the base once and a while but that might be because I have a skirt on it. Looking at upgrading to the x12 with the adjustable base to get some better sleep. I think it's a little pricey but I'm going to see if they will negotiate on the price. I don't think they will do it in the store you have to get in touch with the main office.

I would reconsider choosing another brand over sleep number

from Nashville

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity
            • Flex top king separates

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

The flex top mattress makes you feel like your in a separate bed than your partner as the tops move away from each other. The sleep number adjustment doesn't seem to always be correct.

I have the best night sleep with this bed!

from San Jose California

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape
            • Soft Feel
            • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I have always struggled with sleep, most nights I would be lucky to get 3 hours sleep. Someone suggested it may be my bed. So I decided to purchase a new bed and after several days of looking online at reviews I decided on this bed. It was the best decision ever! I sleep like a baby now, and wake up so refreshed. I definitely recommend this bed to anyone

I really like to buy this product, lm happy by it

from Jazan KSA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity
              • Lumpy
              • Squeaks
              • Too Hard
              • Too Soft

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Magic design, hard materials that makes it unique

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Lies

from Denver, CO

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
                My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.

Great mattress!

from Meeker, Colorado

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This mattress is wonderful. I have hip problems and my husband has back problems. We are continually changing our "number" to our night. When the bed starts to feel like it's starting to form a cavity then we pump it all back up to 100 for the day and at night we bring it back to our number that night and it's just like a new bed.