4.1
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Good support (6)
  • Durable (4)
  • Holds shape (3)
  • Soft feel (3)

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)
  • Too soft (3)

• Primary bed (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

Best Bed Ever

The first Sleep Number bed we owned was when we converted our queen size water bed to a Sleep Number bed. It was fantastic, the absolute best. After a few years of that we moved up to a king size Innovation i8 PillowTop. We still have it and every day it is like sleeping in luxury. We love that each side of the bed can have the firmness individually controlled. My wife likes a moderately firm mattress. I like a softer mattress. With this bed we both can be happy with how firm or soft we want it. There is one big problem with our bed. When we travel, we can't take it with us! That's how much we love our Sleep Number bed. If you have never tried one, just visit one of their store's, lie down on a bed, try out the remote control, and you'll probably be hooked. I do recommend that you spend the extra bucks to get one of their best models, you won't regret it. Considering how much of our lives we spend in bed sleeping, this bed really has made a difference in our lives. I know I must sound like a salesman for them, but I am not nor have I or any relative or friend worked for them. My wife and I are only customers of theirs. I wish they gave referral bonuses because several friends of ours have bought this bed after "testing" ours. So we give Select Number Innovations Series i8 PillowTop a well deserved rating of 10!

Comfort
This is one of the most comfortable beds we have owned. We will never go back to the old fashioned kind of mattress.

Support
With the included remote control, each side of the bed can be adjusted to the persons liking from very soft to very, very firm.

Firmness
This bed can be adjusted to a almost rock hard degree with the settings on the included remote control. By using the remote each side can be adjusted to varying degrees as each person desires.

This bed has been tested for durability. Our bed has held up very well. When we owned the converted queen size water bed, one of the baffles failed. We called and it was replaced without any problems.

Waste of money!!!

I had this mattress for one month and got rid of it. With in the first couple of days I had noticed that I would wake up actually touching the bottom of the bladder (inside of the mattress). At first I thought I had done something wrong, so I contacted the manufacturer and they told me it was normal for the first couple of days. So by then end of the first month the same thing was still happening. I ended up taking back the mattress to the store I bought it from and got my money back. This mattress was very poorly designed.

Comfort
Like I stated above, I ended up laying on the bottom of the bladder. How comfortable is that? If the bladder was to stay inflated (like it's suppose to) I would give the Comfort a higher rating.

Support
Like the Comfort, if the bladder was to stay inflated Support would get a higher rating.

Firmness
When I went to sleep the Firmness was great, but once again it fails due to the bladder not holding the air.

I would reconsider choosing another brand over sleep number

from Nashville

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity
  • Flex top king separates

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

The flex top mattress makes you feel like your in a separate bed than your partner as the tops move away from each other. The sleep number adjustment doesn't seem to always be correct.

I have the best night sleep with this bed!

from San Jose California

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I have always struggled with sleep, most nights I would be lucky to get 3 hours sleep. Someone suggested it may be my bed. So I decided to purchase a new bed and after several days of looking online at reviews I decided on this bed. It was the best decision ever! I sleep like a baby now, and wake up so refreshed. I definitely recommend this bed to anyone

I really like to buy this product, lm happy by it

from Jazan KSA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity
    • Lumpy
    • Squeaks
    • Too Hard
    • Too Soft

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Magic design, hard materials that makes it unique

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Lies

from Denver, CO

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

Their Guarantee is no Guarantee as it will cost you money to return it.

Their Customer Service may tell you things that other agents won't honor.
      My Recommendation: record the conversations with them.
      Even getting the name of the representative is not enough as they will simply say they don't know who that representative is.

I have a very bad back. I have to sleep on a bed that is unfortunately just right for my spine to avoid pinching the l4 l5 nerves. I assumed their adjustable bed would be capable of dialing in the right position. It doesn't. There is something very different about the pressure support provided by an air bladder and that provided by traditional springs. I am not an engineer so I cannot really describe the difference; I did see a fairly accurate review that attempted to describe the way air supports the body. I did not read this until after purchasing the bed.

The fact is be very careful about buying a sleep number bed if you have a bad back. Also, their return policy is NOT what they say it is. You don't get a trial period. I think that is why they are rated with only 2 stars. For a person with a condition like mine, the trial guarantee period is obviously the primary objective for purchasing such a product. Given they don't really offer a trial guarantee period, I recommend trying one of the other manufacturers that truly does have a guarantee that they stand by.

Great mattress!

from Meeker, Colorado

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This mattress is wonderful. I have hip problems and my husband has back problems. We are continually changing our "number" to our night. When the bed starts to feel like it's starting to form a cavity then we pump it all back up to 100 for the day and at night we bring it back to our number that night and it's just like a new bed.

Amazing

from GA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I really like this mattress by Sleep Number. We purchased it for when family comes to visit so they will have a nice place to stay and not only have we been impressed because we tried it out a few nights but I am pretty sure my Mom wants to move in with us because of how nice this bed is ha ha. It is extremely comfortable and a very top quality mattress, honestly I think it is one of the best ones on the market. You can tell Sleep Number does its research to make the best bed they can for people, especially for those who have experienced sleep problems like insomnia, these mattresses help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep for longer without any tossing and turning. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a new mattress!

Feels a little too soft sometimes!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

It is a wonderful mattress and great for people who has back issues. If are currently looking for a mattresses then you should definitely look for this one.
          Comfort
          This one is as comfortable as one can imagine. Although, sometimes it feel too soft but still very firm to give proper support to your sore back.
          Firmness
          Even though it often feels too soft, it is also very firm at the same time. It can also be adjusted according to your need through a remote control.
          Support
          It gives proper support to your back while laying down and can be used to cure your back problems.
          Even though my mattress is fairly new, still I can say that it is durable enough to hold for few more years without much problems. Till now, it never caused me any problems and gives me perfect nights of sleep, much needed.

Very uncomfortable!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

This mattress was very uncomfortable for me. I could not sleep at all. I have tried numerous mattresses over the last 25 years and this mattress was by far the most uncomfortable. The settings were great for my spouse but could not get a equal medium for myself.

Comfort
          I could not get comfortable on this mattress. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in arms, legs, back, neck, and shoulders. When one issue may have felt better the other issues felt worse. The firm setting hurt my back just as much as the softer ones. My spouse found the mattress comfortable.

Support
          My back pain was alot worse on this mattress than any other mattress that I have tried. My spouse thought the mattress was supportive.

Firmness
          The firm settings of the mattress were like a board. My spouse tried the firmer settings, although they utilize the softer settings and they also felt the firm settings were very uncomfortable.

This Mattress had a nice, clean look to it. The mattress seemed well built and durable.

Exceptional Bread

from Iowa

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I am completely happy with my i8 mattress purchase from Sleep Number. I was skeptical at first and was initially turned off by the price of the mattress; however, after having it in my home for over six months, I can definitely say that it is a great mattress. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about creating an indentation in the bed, which after time renders it useless. My husband and I paid for a decent mattress five years prior that shelled out in four years. I was happy to find something that could fit both of our needs as far as the firmness of a mattress was concerned. The bed is very comfortable. We haven't had any issues with it and delivery and installation was quick and easy. We had someone from the company set it up for us (which was definitely money well spent). I would recommend waiting for a sale (that is what we did) and we were also able to get a credit toward the delivery fee as well, which helped.

Comfort
          This mattress is extremely comfortable and can be adjusted to the firmness or softness of your desire.

Support
          This mattress provides as much or as little support as you would like depending upon your needs and likes.

Firmness
          The mattress can be adjusted for firmness based upon the buyers like.

This mattress is very durable and will not need to be replaced as often as a traditional mattress.

I absolutely love it!!

Comments about Sleep Number Innovation Series i8 Pillowtop Mattress:

I rate this a 10 because ever since having one of these beds, I haven't ever lost a second of sleep! I most definitely recommend it for people suffering with back pain as i did myself. At first i was skeptical, because previous brands i had tried didn't do me any good. But ohhh was i shocked when i tried this! After a night of sleeping on this mattress i woke up back pain free!! I also noticed i was very energized which was another shock to me because i suffer from insomnia. I absolutely love love LOVE this product and most definitely recommend it!! I think it is an absolutely wonderful price for the quality of the product as well. I honestly do not think it could get any better haha, i mean come on, a great product that ACTUALLY works for a reasonable price! It is a GREAT deal! I promise you, you will surely not be disappointed with this product at all. Go ahead, give it a try and see what i mean ;)