Other Mattresses:
Serta
Serta Pillow Top Mattress

Serta Pillow Top Mattress

• Firmness:

I love how comfortable the mattress is!

I purchased this mattress about 5 months ago.  I love how comfortable and affordable the mattress is.  I have slept very well on this mattress set.  My husband has a bad shoulder and since we bought the mattress he has been able to sleep better. He has had problems with his arm falling asleep while he is asleep and since we got the bed set he has had fewer episodes with his arm and shoulder.

The only down fall to the mattress is the pillow top shifts and every so often we have to adjust the pillow top.  Which means pulling the entire pillow top back to the center of the bed. On occassions the pillow top shifts to one side causing a slop effect, but over all it is a great buy!

Serta Pillowtop Firm Mattress is no dream, it's a nightmare!

My husband and I bought our Serta firm pillowtop 13 months ago.  After sleeping on it for only 3 months, what was once a very comfortable mattress, turned into a nightmare! Our pillowtop is made of memory foam that has no memory. It causes the mattress to sag in the middle, as do the springs now that we are into our 13th month.  What a waste of money this mattress is!  We have flipped our mattress several times since we purchased it but it does not help our overall dissatisfaction with this mess.  We both loose sleep from terrible back and neck aches and we suffer head aches induced from the muscle pain in the back and neck.  Please use extreme CAUTION when purchasing this mattress. I do not reccommend this mattress to anyone.

Serta Pillow Top

from Houston, Tx

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Too Hard

• Guest Bed

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

One of the best bed brands. Their pillow top is great. Comfortable. And satisfied customer. Definately would purchase again in the near future.

This has solved years of back pain!

from menasha WI

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel

• Primary Bed

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

This has solved YEARS of back pain! Our new new Blue Fusion 1000 Firm Pillow Top Mattress is absolutely amazing. My fiancee has had issues with back pain since middle school, and thought that it was a result of wearing a heavy backpack filled with textbooks. Now 14 years later and after one night of sleeping on this mattress with immediate relief he is shocked to know that it was in fact his mattress that was causing all the issues. We have slept on this mattress for right around two weeks now, and all of our lower back pain has disappeared. Serta's newest line of Blue Fusion Mattresses combines a unique mini coil system with an awesome memory foam topper. This means you sink into the foam of the mattress and then are met with the firm coils. It cushions you in the proper places and provides the support your body needs while being nice and soft and comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is that it is significantly higher than our old mattress and actually resulted in me falling trying to get out of bed one morning. It is just a few inches shorter than my hip height (I'm 5 4). I definitely was not expecting it to be as high as it is. The construction of the mattress is such a high quality and is backed with a wonderful warranty which is very important in my book. We used to see all mattresses as the same and now we know that It is well worth the investment to us as it has completely changed the way we feel after sleeping.

It's super soft and helps back pain.

from West Burlington, Iowa

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Soft

• Primary Bed

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

I really like this serta bed, but I did have some cons about this in general though, I feel like I didn't get a comfortable sleep, and have been like this a couple times a night I remember in the past. It does hold shape, but it isn't soft or the one that I had gotten, it still make's sleeping a little bit of a struggle, but my husband likes it, so he put it in the guest bedroom, every single person has a certain bed that they prefer, I prefer the harder the better, this one was not hard in any shape or form, and it's for the lovers that like a softer bed, I thought this was to soft for me. The pillow top is really easy to clean, I had a misshapen that happened when my child spilled something on it though, but my husband said to make sure that I tell everyone, and anyone that if you like softer beds then this one is for you, and it also helps him with his sore backs, it will make a huge impact on your back and your daily sleeping needs in the long run.

Over 8 years old and was still a good mattress!

from Kansas

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

If you want an extremely durable yet extremely comfortable mattress, then the Serta Pillow Top Mattress is for you! I am not sure how this mattress is getting such low reviews. I only had great experiences while using it.

I got a hand-me-down Serta Pillow Top Mattress when I was around 10 years old. My parents bought it from a friend for my new room. I have no idea how old it was before I got it. That was one of my favorite mattresses to this day! I moved out when I was 18 but I got 8 years of use out of it. It was so comfortable! It just cradled your body! I had such a hard time sleeping on other people's beds if I went to stay with friends. I just wanted to be back in my nice soft comfortable bed. I was sad when I left for college and had to leave my bed behind. It took me ages to get used to not having that mattress!

The bed is very soft because of the pillow top but it does have a little firmness to it so there is support. The mattress is extremely durable. Like I mentioned above I received my Serta Pillow Top Mattress used and I had it for 8 years after that. When I was young I would jump all over the bed with my friends and the mattress was still perfectly fine even after us girls were done with it. If there is more than one person in the bed, the weight is shifted nicely so you are not accidentally rolling over on the other person or waking them up when you move.

The surface of the bed is very smooth and certain types of sheets like to slide off of it. I use jersey sheets now and they stay put just fine.

I really recommend this mattress!

• Firmness:

The most comfortable mattress I've slept on in a very long time!

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

This "Cherised" mattress was a surprise; I ordered online so I didn't have an opportunity to "try it on for size". I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it is. When company comes, I give up my room and sleep on the futon in the guest room. Of the people who have visited, they've compared it to a night in nice hotel, in fact my best friend's husband wanted to know why there were no chocolates on his pillow. Even my mother loves sleeping in my bed and she is hard to please! I love having guests and only the most honored guests get my room but I'm always glad to get it back, because I love my bed! I don't review very many products because really, who gives a flying red bird about MY opinion, but here it is. My one regret is that it isn't double sided. But so far…after almost 2 years, it's still holding up very well.
    I studied long and hard before spending the money (not overly expensive but DEFINITELY not cheap either) I knew I didn't want a "foam" mattress. I have that stuff in my houseshoes and they look like crap after a few wearings. Not to mention the fact that I can't stand the smell of foam AND it's a chemical. I didn't think I wanted a pillow top, but that's what was available in the price range, size and firmness that I wanted. I don't regret this purchase at all.

Comfort
    Makes it difficult to want to get out of bed on some days. (Even more than usual)

Support
    Used to wake up stiff and sore from my previous (and very expensive) mattress.

Firmness
    I got the firmest one available and I love it!

So far, so good. It hasn't been quite 2 years yet, but no sagging nor indentations anywhere.

Not So Comfy

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

We had this bought for us as a anniversary gift as we thought is what we wanted. We gave up an old used no name mattress for this.. Needless to say the bed we handed down is still so comfortable. This mattress gets an F from us, very poor sleep since we got it. You can't really rotate it or flip it to even things out. We have even tried putting another mattress pad on it for comfort coming up to fail.. DON"T waste your money on this mattress if you want sleep.

Comfort
    Too hard to explain just don't get a good night sleep on it.

It's pretty supportive?

So-so

Pretty durable made to last just no comfort.

• Firmness:

Like sleeping on a giant pillow

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

I cannot tell you how much i love this bed. If you want a comfortable bed at a great price look no further than this Serta Pillow Top Mattress you will not be disappointed! I have always had back problems since i was a teenager and i could never get comfortable with springs always probing me in the back making me toss and turn. I have to say this is the best product i have ever bought in my life. I have had it for about 5 years and there is no wear or tear on it yet. I do flip it every two months to get the sides to be even. There had been no loss in the fabric or mattress padding. The only problem is that the pillow top is so big you have to buy bigger sheets for it to fit perfectly with out it falling of consistently but other than that this mattress is perfect in every way possible. I recommend this to anyone with or without back problems, people who just want a comfortable bed, or for anyone who wants a good night sleep every night.

• Firmness:

Decent for a first mattress

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

We bought this mattress for my son for his first "big boy" bed. The price of this mattress is middle of the line compared to other brands. My son found it to be very comfortable. I tried it out myself and I must admit that it is very comfortable, much more comfortable than my own mattress. The pillow top part of the mattress seems to give it the extra cushion but I do wish that the pillow top was on both sides so that the mattress could get flipped from time to time, to make it more evenly disrupted and evenly worn.

Comfort
    It is a very comfortable mattress with extra pillowing support.

Support
    The mattress is comfy but yet firm to go around your body. It gives your body the support that it needs so that in the morning you wake up comfortable and not stiff.

Firmness
    Good on firmness. It is a pillow top which allows you to have a soft spot to lay while still firm enough that you are not sinking into the mattress.

We have had ours for a few years and it still feels the same way it did when it came home. Seems to have been holding up well. Not sure if it's because it is a little guy sleeping on it but still seems in great shape.

Comfortable

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

I really like this bed. It is not going to have the same quality as a luxurious mattress but you get what you pay for. I find it easy to sleep on and it lasts a long time. The trick is to rotate the mattress every six months so that it doesn't get lumpy or start to sink on one side.

Support
    I love the pillow top because I can sink into it. I don't like a bed where I feel like I'm sleeping on a rock. I like to feel like I don't have a lot of pressure on my back and neck. I like the idea of being able to sink into my mattress.

Firmness
    The pillow top is not meant to be firm. Serta does offer a mattress that is firm if you don't like the idea of a pillow top mattress.

I have been impressed with the quality of this mattress. I hear some people who will swear by this brand and brag how their bed has lasted them for twenty years. That was one of the reasons I bought mine. Others will tell you they hate it but I have to wonder if it is just the idea that it wasn't the right type of bed. Like Goldilocks one bed is to soft, the other to hard, but you have to find the one that is just right.

Great Bed

Comments about Serta Pillow Top Mattress:

We own three of these beds. They're all 5 years old, we're using mattress protectors and they still look like new. I would say this is a comfortable bed to sleep in, never had a backache sleeping on this bed, it has the right firmness and soft enough to be comfortable on it. Per instruction, you have to rotate the bed in like every 3 to 6 months or so to keep it even on both ends, well, I probably have rotated them for like 3 times in five years as I always forget but they're all still pretty even on both ends. They're nice quality bed and for the price, I would not hesitate to buy the same brand and model of beds when it's time to replace our beds. Those newer bed models come with a hefty price tag, I am pretty sure they're comfortable and such but for my budget and for the level of comfort that I am looking for, this is the perfect bed for me. I could use the money I'd be saving on these beds for nice bed frames and covers.