4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Soft mattress, like sleeping on a cloud!

Bought this mattress to replace an old, outdated mattress that should have been replaced YEARS ago.  This mattress is so plush, you will never want to sleep on another mattress again. Which is kind of good and kind of bad... now when my husband and I travel to visit relatives out of state we miss our bed at home and can't wait to get back to it! The pillowtop is soft and feels almost fleece like, but because of all the padding you have to purchase extra-deep sheets - regular sheets will just fall off at the corners.  This mattress is pretty difficult to move, since it's so padded and the material it's made with is so fleece-like that it's almost slippery and hard to get a good handle on... but really, how often do you move your mattress??  It offers firm but soft support and has definitely helped my husband and I both get a better night's sleep.  Sometimes we choose to watch TV upstairs because our mattress is even more comfortable than sitting on the couch!

breaks in really quickly

At first the mattress was wonderful.  It didn't give to my weight without supporting me firmly and evenly.  Slowly the mattress got broken in and I noticed that were there was more weight (no I'm not a light person but I'm not that bad) the more it didn't support my weight all the way.  Now four months later it's obvious where the weight goes and where it doesn't.  I've turned the mattress around several times, each time when I change the sheets, but the definite slump in the middle is painfully obvious to anyone who walks in the bedroom door.  This is a really comfortable bed don't get me wrong, but the mattress salesman should have said something before I bought and paid for it or I'd have gotten a much firmer version if I could have.

Does this really get posted?

from Warminster PA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
    • Lumpy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

I would never buy one of these again

Don't buy!

from Central Jersey

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

This is the most uncomfortable mattress ever! We first purchased this mattress about eight years ago when I was pregnant with my first daughter. The mattress we had been using was a hand-me-down from my aunt that was about 20 years old. I was super uncomfortable being six months pregnant so we decided to go out and purchase a new mattress. We were due for one anyway. Let me tell you that this mattress did not make my night any better. I was still uncomfortable, but I attributed that to the fact that I was pregnant. But months later, I was still uncomfortable. Now eight years after owning this Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress, it is actually excruciating to sleep in this bed all night. I usually spend my nights on the couch. The only time I sleep in the bed is when the baby is cranky and needs to sleep with me because the bed provides more space than the couch does. I will never buy a pillow top mattress again. They cannot be flipped and rotated the same as a traditional mattress. Thus, the bed wears out more quickly because the weight cannot be evenly distributed by flipping. The springs all wear out in the same area. There is a dip in the middle of the bed that you are always pulled into. Mind you, my husband and I are not large people. The bed should not wear out this quickly. I would not suggest this mattress or any pillow top mattress for that matter.

Comfortable, soft and firm

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

My husband and I bought this mattress years ago when we were in need of a new mattress. My husband always does his research before buying anything and this Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress got great reviews. I will say buying this mattress was money well spent. It's very comfortable and soft while at the same time being firm. It's just soft enough to be really comfortable like sleeping on a cloud but firm enough that you feel supported. I notice when we travel away from home we always can't wait to be back home and in our own super comfortable bed. My husband has a bad back and this mattress has always been very comfortable even for him. One thing about this mattress is you have to buy sheets that are deeper. Regular sized sheets don't really fit this mattress because of the extra padding from the pillow top. I would highly recommend this mattress to anyone looking for a long lasting comfortable mattress that is firm enough to support you but also soft enough to feel like you are sleeping on clouds.

Comfort
    Very comfortable, it's soft but also at the same time firm enough for support.

Support
    While it has the soft pillow top it still has great support. My husband has a bad back and needs the extra support and this mattress has worked very well for him.

Firmness
    Has a nice amount of firmness without compromising the softness needed for a good nights sleep.

It has lasted us many years and withstood several moves.

comfortable

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

The mattress has a nice balance between a hard and soft mattress. Soft when first going to bed but firm and supportive for a good nights rest.
    UPDATE.
    After months of using this bed it is still as comfortable as the first time I used it. Has not developed any of the humps and dips other matteress I have had did in the same amount of timeframe. Downside is the price it is fairly high for a standard coil bed these days and while it is still good and I like it also the fact that sometimes the "proper" size sheets are VERY tight to get onto the bed. I would encourage the use of a matteress pad with this otherwise there may be some staining to the pillow top.

Comfort
    Comfortable for me and my partner who prefers a softer bed.

Support
    Nice even support without any pressure points.

Firmness
    Soft enough for my partner firm enough for me.

Had another one of the companies mattresses for 10 years, expect the same from this one.

Super comfy, but ouch!

from Concord, NC

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

I was elated to pick up my Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress and box spring set, after sleeping on a very uncomfortable mattress for some time. Having back problems, it was time I got something cozy and supportive. This bed came highly recommended to me from friends who also have back problems..

My first impression was that I was in Heaven, and I had just laid on a cloud. It was super soft, cushiony, and comfortable. It seemed to mold itself around me.

However, within a month or so, I noticed that the bed was starting to form grooves from where my husband and I slept on each side. I started noticing my back hurting more and more every morning when I woke up, and I began to have trouble getting comfortable at night when I would lay down. Within two months, I was starting to sink down into the groove my husband had made on his side. Now, neither of us are obese, so we weren't really straining this mattress beyond what would be considered normal usage. I had to start trying to get comfortable by moving towards the outside edge of my side of the mattress.

We flipped the mattress after owning it for about two and a half months, and went through the same progression. I'm back to wishing I'd gotten a different bed, and spending more nights on the couch than in the bed.

Also, important to note, the edging of the mattress is already starting to unravel, and the sides are starting to collapse down a bit. It certainly doesn't look like a six month old mattress.

If you need support, or suffer from back pains, most likely this mattress is not the one for you. For the price I paid, I should feel like a million bucks. Big disappointment.

• Firmness:

By far, the best mattress I've ever owned!

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

I've suffered a lifetime of sleeping on everything from futons to waterbeds and everything in between. This is much why I was so excited when I found myself in my twenties with my then-new husband in a real mattress store stuffed with huge, drool-worthy mattresses, each with a laundry list of specifics about so many options I couldn't even wrap my brain around them all. But I go by feel. We truly spent half of the day testing our resting on what seemed like a hundred different types. We chose the Sealy wisely! I cannot believe how much better quality your sleep is on the right mattress! Even choosing by feel at the store, in hindsight, we most definitely would purchase this mattress again, hands down.

Firmness
    Out of so many other brands that we "tested out," this Sealy truly wound up to be (somehow) just the right amount of firmness that my husband and I agreed on the day we bought it to now! We are just about due for a new one, we've had it 7 years. I have no doubt we will stick with the same brand!

Sealy Pillow Top has pros and cons

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

Mattresses are expensive. Therefore, I like to make smart purchases and have one that will last a long time. I had a Sealy before I purchased the Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress. It lasted years and remained comfortable. However, all good things come to an end and it was time to replace it. My husband was drawn to the pillow top and I thought it was comfortable. It was also reasonably priced considering how expensive some mattresses can be. We decided to go with it and I was pleased for a while. I do think it is a very comfortable mattress. It provides adequate support without being overly firm. The problem came after about a year. I have always flipped my mattresses to make sure they wear evenly and remain in good shape longer. For some reason, I did not even think about this at the time of purchase. You can reverse it from top to bottom but the pillow top prevents you from actually flipping it. My husband and I have our preferred side of the bed that we sleep on and we don't switch. I am fairly light, 120 pounds and my side still looks new. My husband is about 180 and his side is all dipped in and worn out. It gets worse with time. So although the pillow top can add extra comfort for the short term it really isn't the best investment.

Oh so very comfortable

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. This mattress is so comfortable. It is a little more expensive than a lot of others but it has lasted me a long time and I get a good night's sleep every night.

Comfort
    This mattress is so comfortable. My dog a I snuggle on it every night. We both hate to get out of bed in the mornings. It is not too soft or too hard. It feels just right. The pillow top is not too thick either but much better than any other mattress that I have had or tried.

Support
    This mattress Is not too hard or too soft. I sometimes sleep without a pillow and it supports my name neck really well. I also have a tender back after working in the yard and this mattress helps and does not make my back feel worse. I tried a foam mattress in the store and decided on This one. I am so glad that I did.

Firmness
    I chose a middle of the line on firmness. I like a little soft but not too soft. I like a mattress that I can snuggle into it without feeling like I am sinking.

I have had the mattress for years and it has held up great. I flip the mattress once in the spring and once in the fall. I vacuum it at those time too just to keep it fresh.

• Firmness:

the name pillow top tells you how comfortable it is.

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

In our 37 years of marriage we have had 3 mattress. The first one was a water bed, the second one was a cheap unit that was all we could afford and then this one. We have had it for about 8 years. I must say I am ready for a new one as we have since bought a mattress topper to help make the bed a little more comfortable. We will not be buying this brand in the future.

Comfort
    At first it was extremely comfortable but over time it lost its support. We had to buy a mattress topper to make it more comfortable for our backs.

Support
    The support was wonderful at first but after about 5 years it seemed to lose it.

Firmness
    We like a firm mattress and that is what attracted us to this unit. But again 5 years isn't very long to lose it.

It is extremely durable. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and they all have to have a spot on the bed at some point in the night. Plus my grandson loves to jump on it. It has held up well to this abuse.

Very comfy

from IL, USA

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Mattress:

We were mattress shopping about 5 years ago for our new Queen bed when a friend happened to mention that they had just bought a Queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top mattress and his wife didn't like it. So he offered it to us at a great discount and at the time price was king, so we took it. I'm very glad we did. We tested about 25-30 other mattresses at various stores and looked horrified at the price tags on the most comfy of them. With longevity being very important as well, we were stymied as to what we wanted and could afford and would last. Five years on this Sealy mattress feels just as comfy and restful as it did the first night. My only concern is that, because it is a pillowtop mattress, we can't flip it to avoid the inevitable hills and valleys that get worn into a mattress by long use. But, thus far, not an issue!

Comfort
    Very nice. I can actually relax into it at night rather than feeling like I'm laying on a board.

Firmness
    The mattress is quite firm, but the pillowtop compensates.