Other Mattresses:
Stearns & Foster

Summary

Stearns & Foster CollectionWith superior Materials, Craftsmanship, and Design. Stearns & Foster® is a timeless link to when things were built to last. It’s been that way for nearly 165 years, making Stearns & Foster the firstand most respected luxury mattress brand in America. Today we’ve taken luxury to a new level by creating the new 2014 collection with better materials, better craftsmanship, and better design. Made and designed in the USA.

too hard

from united states

Pros

• A Place To Sleep

Cons

• Too firm
  • Too hard

• Bedroom
  • House
  • Sleep

Comments about Stearns & Foster Estate Walnut Grove Luxury Cushion Firm, Queen Mattress II Only:

During the adventure that is mattress shopping, my husband and I stumbled across the Stearns & Foster Estate Walnut Grove Luxury Cushion Firm Mattress. While my husband was immediately drawn to it because it was rated one of the most firm mattresses at the store, we soon realized that this was not the mattress for us. I was committed to giving it a solid chance because the main reason we were shopping for a new mattress is because our current one is not working for my husband and his chronic back issues. That and it is over eight years old and time for it to get replaced.

While it did not come with a plush pillow top like I would prefer, I could easily get past the point that purchasing an aftermarket plush mattress pillow top is just something I may need to do. After testing it out at the store for 15 minutes, I could already tell that this was not the mattress for our family. I had my husband act like he was tossing and turning like he does in his sleep when his back is in pain and unfortunately I felt like I was moving around with him on a waterbed or something. In addition, as a side sleeper, I had to test out how a few minutes in fetal position felt on the Stearns & Foster Estate Walnut Grove Luxury Cushion Firm Mattress. The result was not one that I could settle with. There was just too much pressure on my shoulders for me stay comfortable after an extended period of time.

Overall, I was pleased with the quality that Stearns & Foster makes their mattresses with. I could tell that if we took it home that it would have lasted for a number of years of continuous use. The comfort factor, on the other hand, was not going to work for our family and that is ultimately why we decided not to purchase the Stearns & Foster Estate Walnut Grove Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.

• Was this a gift?: