Other Mattresses:

Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

My back has never felt better!!

I hurt my back last year and to aid in my recovery we purchased a new mattress set. We went for the Sealy "Special Purchase" Firm mattress set. We got it home within a few days of purchase and I have truly never slept better. I absolutely love laying down for a good nights rest and waking up the next day not feeling the aches and pains the old set used to give me.

This mattress is 9'' thick and the box springs is 8'' and it uses 13-gauge steel and is made with the upmost best products and materials since it's made by Sealy. I believe this bed is made just for people with an aching back. That's probably why I love it so much! I have had it for almost a year now and there is no evidence as to where we lay in it. I am always in the same spot, on my back and my husband is always in the same spot on his back and it does not show where we have been laying.

It's more of a firm bed so if you want comfort in the softness, this bed is not for you!

don't buy it

I purchased a new Queen size Sealy firm mattress from a reputable furniture store when I moved into my new house. I had the mattress for less than 3 years and it started sinking in the middle. I routinely flipped the mattress - vertically since the one I had was one sided padding. I am a petite female and used the bed by myself so was flabbergasted that this would even happen. It wasn't as if I had this bed for several years and this was already happening. It was very frustrating and I had no choice but to purchase a new mattress because this one gave me back problems , had trouble sleeping, and the lack of comfort of sinking to the middle of the bed. I personally do not recommend purchasing this brand. Most Sealy's are reasonable priced but I would go with another brand.

I liked it up until 6months ago

from Warren, OH

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

After 6months of using this mattress it started to dip in the middle. And I'm the only one sleeping in it. Every morning I can barely get out of bed because of the dip.

Comfort
It was very comfortable until the dip began to form. After the dip formed my back problems became WAY worse. I even told my doctor about my new matress and when i gave him the name of it. He said that was the worst mattress to purchase. I wish I would have known then.

Support
The first 3months it was very comfortable after that I regret getting it. When my back hurts really bad I sleep on my couch instead of that awful mattress

Firmness
It was nice and firm-at first until the dip formed. I have even tried to flip it over, like they say to do and that didn't help at all.

My friends said it was durable and a good mattress. Yes it was until 6months then FORGET it. Don't BOTHER with this mattress. Keep shopping before you pick a new mattress and make sure IT'S NOT THIS ONE

• Firmness:

I love it but one thing I would change

from Helena, AL

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I've noticed that recently manufactured mattresses do not allow you to flip them for longevity... So now consumers are having to buy mattresses more often. Because I sleep on one side of the bed, my mattress slumps on that side and it's high on the opposite side.

Comfort
I get a goods night sleep with my mattress.

Because I feel I will have to purchase a mattress in the next year or so due to not being able to flip it.

• Firmness:

Sealy mattresses are the best!

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I never purchase any other brand of mattresses other than Sealy because no other brands can match the qualities that I find in Sealy mattresses. For instance, I have been most comfortable when laying on, or sleeping on a sealy mattress since the first Sealy posture pedic mattress that I bought. Also, the durability of any of the Sealy brand mattresses is one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. I have a one year old daughter and she has thrown up on my mattress, peed on it, pooped on it, spilled milk on it, and even smeared food on it and it is still as perfect as the day I bought it, minus a few stains. another great thing that I love about the Sealy brand of mattresses is that they are greatly affordable, even for low income families, they are essentially the cheapest on the market the last time I checked.

Comfort
Most comfortable mattress set that I have ever and will ever sleep on, completely worth buying!

Decent, not great.

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I got this Sealy traditional spring mattress at a discount when I bought bedroom furniture. I tried in the store and thought I would like it ok. However, it just didn't hold up well.

Comfort
This mattress wasn't the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on, but it could have been better. There doesn't seem to be enough padding on top of the springs, so it can sometimes feel like the springs are digging into your back or hip or side.

Support
I found this mattress to be relatively supportive, but I would sometimes wake up with back pain if I wasn't in just the right position.

Firmness
This mattress was just too firm for me I think. It didn't have enough give, so it sometimes felt like sleeping on the floor.

As far as durability goes, it was fine. It lasted several years without any noticeable signs of wear. After I got married, my husband didn't like the firmness, so we ended up switching to something else.

Not a fan

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

Maybe I am just spoiled because I now sleep on a memory foam mattress, but I am just not a fan of the Sealy traditional mattress. This is the mattress that we purchased when we first got married and bought our first bedroom suit. Of course, the price was right because it is significantly cheaper than a memory foam or a temperpedic mattress. However, you get what you pay for when you buy a mattress. In a couple of years, it started to sag on one side. We had problems with it moving to one side and every morning when I would make the bed, i would have to use my hip to push it back into place. This was very aggravating. My husband also started to suffer from lower back pain and the first thing our chiropractor asked was what kind of mattress we slept on. While you will certainly pay more for a better quality mattress, you will save money on chiropractor bills in the long run. And nothing is better than a good nights sleep!

Comfort
This would have to be one of the least comfortable mattresses that I have ever slept on.

Support
Poor support and it begins to sag after a year or so of use.

You may get a couple of good years out of it. It may last longer in a guest room or child's room.

A great mattress

from Oakwood Village, OH

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

This is a great mattress. It is simple, it is stylish, it is well made and it is comfortable. This mattress is perfect as it is not too soft, nor too firm. It's made of quality materials, the top and or outer fabric is great as it holds my sheets well without them wrinkling or shifting. This mattress can really hold it's own when compared to my other mattresses that were more expensive.

Comfort
This is a very comfortable mattress. It feels great to lay on. The top and outer fabric is thick and soft as well.

Support
I have back and shoulder problems so I have to say that the support this mattress gives is awesome.

Firmness
The firmness is wonderful as it is quite firm but not so firm that it is at all uncomfortable.

This mattress' durability has been great so far. It has been stitched together very nicely at all the seams and corners. I think that because this mattress appears to be well made in all areas that the durability will endure for quite a while to come.

Great for a few years.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

We got this bed when our old mattress needed replaced and we loved how nice it was when we tried it out at the store. This bed comes very comfortable and feels very nice to lay on, it is very supportive of your whole body and we loved it. After about a year and a half I felt like I could really feel all of the springs. I tried all of the old tricks, flipping it over, turning it around, all to no avail, it was just not comfortable anymore and the springs really were not doing their job. I started to get backaches all of the time and then I started to be woken up throughout the night multiple times from being poked with a spring and just laying their uncomfortable not having the support that I wanted and needed. This bed was so wonderful and comfortable when we first got it and I wish that it would have just lasted longer because the warranty said 15 years and that just was not going to happen.

Never slept better!

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I have the Sealy Mendocino with a plush firmness level in a full size and I absolutely love it! I bought it when I moved into my first apartment in college. It seemed like a good balance between quality and price point. The first time I laid down on it, I remember it felt like floating on a cloud. It's been nearly five years and it still feels like that!

I absolutely hate firm mattresses and much prefer sleeping on a softer bed, though not too soft. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being a rock and 10 being a literal cloud), I would say this mattress is more of a 7. It contours perfectly to my body and I wake up feeling alert and without any pain. My old mattress was maybe a medium in terms of firmness and I constantly woke up with back and neck pain. I have had a lot of trouble finding a good mattress as I'm not only a side sleeper, but I tend to curl into the fetal position when I sleep as well. Now I have trouble getting out of bed because my bed is so soft and welcoming, that I never want to leave it!

Bottom line, this mattress is a great bargain. High quality without having to dig through your wallet.

Comfort
I absolutely love sleeping on this mattress! It's soft, but not overly soft. And it molds my body perfectly.

Support
The mattress fits the contours of my body perfectly and as a result, offers optimal back and neck support. I no longer wake up in pain!

Firmness
This bed is not firm at all. It is a plush. So for those of you who like softer beds, but don't want to feel like your are sleeping on fluff, this is a good step in between.

It's lasted me almost five years so far! I've since gotten married and now share it with my husband. We haven't had any caving issues yet.

• Firmness:

Sealy mattresses are a good value

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I have purchased a Sealy mattress and am happy with it, although I expected that it would last more than the 8 years it has. Since that time, it has developed lumps where I mostly sit up to watch television. Perhaps this is something that, if done often, will ruin mattresses, I don't know. The price I paid was reasonable, but I expected it to last 10 years or more. It is a no turn one, but I have to turn it because of the lumps.

sealy mattress

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I have had my Sealy brand mattress for a little over 3 years. I loved it when I bought it, and I still like it, although when me and my husband are laying down I feel myself leaning towards the middle. That's the one thing I dont like. I like the brand but will be buying a different firmness soon. When I bought it I don't remember my back hurting so much , so either my preference has changed or its because of the sinking in the middle. Maybe if I buy a softer mattress it will help my back. Overall a great mattress.