Other Mattresses:
Spring Mattresses
Sealy
Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress

Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (5)
  • Durable (5)
  • Good support (5)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Soft feel (3)

• Primary bed (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

My back has never felt better!!

I hurt my back last year and to aid in my recovery we purchased a new mattress set. We went for the Sealy "Special Purchase" Firm mattress set. We got it home within a few days of purchase and I have truly never slept better. I absolutely love laying down for a good nights rest and waking up the next day not feeling the aches and pains the old set used to give me.

This mattress is 9'' thick and the box springs is 8'' and it uses 13-gauge steel and is made with the upmost best products and materials since it's made by Sealy. I believe this bed is made just for people with an aching back. That's probably why I love it so much! I have had it for almost a year now and there is no evidence as to where we lay in it. I am always in the same spot, on my back and my husband is always in the same spot on his back and it does not show where we have been laying.

It's more of a firm bed so if you want comfort in the softness, this bed is not for you!

don't buy it

I purchased a new Queen size Sealy firm mattress from a reputable furniture store when I moved into my new house. I had the mattress for less than 3 years and it started sinking in the middle. I routinely flipped the mattress - vertically since the one I had was one sided padding. I am a petite female and used the bed by myself so was flabbergasted that this would even happen. It wasn't as if I had this bed for several years and this was already happening. It was very frustrating and I had no choice but to purchase a new mattress because this one gave me back problems , had trouble sleeping, and the lack of comfort of sinking to the middle of the bed. I personally do not recommend purchasing this brand. Most Sealy's are reasonable priced but I would go with another brand.

Great Brand, Lasts a Long Time

from Ishpeming, MI

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I'm sleeping on a traditional Sealy mattress that my parents had in their guest room for many years. So it's probably 15 years or so old. It's not a pillow top and was a little firm for me, so I got a soft topper for it, but I still sleep great on it. It's not sagging and still provides good support. The only thing is that there must be a spring that's sticking because once in awhile when I turn over, I'll hear a "boing." It actually amuses me when it does that. And since it's an older mattress it's thin, not like the thick ones you get these days. I like that. I don't feel like I need a step ladder to climb in to bed at night, like with my previous mattress.

Love my new mattress

from Roanoke, Alabama

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

This bed is amazing. My husband has neck and back pain a lot and we decided to try out this mattress and swe if it helps. No more pain!!! Happy husband! Love love love

Soo comfortable

from Chicago, IL

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

Soooo comfortable and high end I totally recommend this bed.

GREAT BUY!

from Shelbie Laredo tx

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I bought this during my pregnancy eventually my other bed got to small and I was huge so I needed something comfortable. It was a amazing buy and still is my favorite bed I can't sleep good if I'm not in this bed. Will be buying again when I move back to my house after husband gets back from deployment for my spare room!

Best Mattress Ever

from Greenville, SC

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

My Sealy pillow top mattress is by far the best purchase I have ever made. It is extremely comfortable. I'm able to sleep without waking up with back problems.

I liked it up until 6months ago

from Warren, OH

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

After 6months of using this mattress it started to dip in the middle. And I'm the only one sleeping in it. Every morning I can barely get out of bed because of the dip.

Comfort
            It was very comfortable until the dip began to form. After the dip formed my back problems became WAY worse. I even told my doctor about my new matress and when i gave him the name of it. He said that was the worst mattress to purchase. I wish I would have known then.

Support
            The first 3months it was very comfortable after that I regret getting it. When my back hurts really bad I sleep on my couch instead of that awful mattress

Firmness
            It was nice and firm-at first until the dip formed. I have even tried to flip it over, like they say to do and that didn't help at all.

My friends said it was durable and a good mattress. Yes it was until 6months then FORGET it. Don't BOTHER with this mattress. Keep shopping before you pick a new mattress and make sure IT'S NOT THIS ONE

• Firmness:

I love it but one thing I would change

from Helena, AL

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I've noticed that recently manufactured mattresses do not allow you to flip them for longevity... So now consumers are having to buy mattresses more often. Because I sleep on one side of the bed, my mattress slumps on that side and it's high on the opposite side.

Comfort
            I get a goods night sleep with my mattress.

Because I feel I will have to purchase a mattress in the next year or so due to not being able to flip it.

• Firmness:

Sealy mattresses are the best!

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I never purchase any other brand of mattresses other than Sealy because no other brands can match the qualities that I find in Sealy mattresses. For instance, I have been most comfortable when laying on, or sleeping on a sealy mattress since the first Sealy posture pedic mattress that I bought. Also, the durability of any of the Sealy brand mattresses is one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. I have a one year old daughter and she has thrown up on my mattress, peed on it, pooped on it, spilled milk on it, and even smeared food on it and it is still as perfect as the day I bought it, minus a few stains. another great thing that I love about the Sealy brand of mattresses is that they are greatly affordable, even for low income families, they are essentially the cheapest on the market the last time I checked.

Comfort
            Most comfortable mattress set that I have ever and will ever sleep on, completely worth buying!

Decent, not great.

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

I got this Sealy traditional spring mattress at a discount when I bought bedroom furniture. I tried in the store and thought I would like it ok. However, it just didn't hold up well.

Comfort
            This mattress wasn't the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on, but it could have been better. There doesn't seem to be enough padding on top of the springs, so it can sometimes feel like the springs are digging into your back or hip or side.

Support
            I found this mattress to be relatively supportive, but I would sometimes wake up with back pain if I wasn't in just the right position.

Firmness
            This mattress was just too firm for me I think. It didn't have enough give, so it sometimes felt like sleeping on the floor.

As far as durability goes, it was fine. It lasted several years without any noticeable signs of wear. After I got married, my husband didn't like the firmness, so we ended up switching to something else.

Not a fan

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Sealy Brand Traditional Mattress:

Maybe I am just spoiled because I now sleep on a memory foam mattress, but I am just not a fan of the Sealy traditional mattress. This is the mattress that we purchased when we first got married and bought our first bedroom suit. Of course, the price was right because it is significantly cheaper than a memory foam or a temperpedic mattress. However, you get what you pay for when you buy a mattress. In a couple of years, it started to sag on one side. We had problems with it moving to one side and every morning when I would make the bed, i would have to use my hip to push it back into place. This was very aggravating. My husband also started to suffer from lower back pain and the first thing our chiropractor asked was what kind of mattress we slept on. While you will certainly pay more for a better quality mattress, you will save money on chiropractor bills in the long run. And nothing is better than a good nights sleep!

Comfort
            This would have to be one of the least comfortable mattresses that I have ever slept on.

Support
            Poor support and it begins to sag after a year or so of use.

You may get a couple of good years out of it. It may last longer in a guest room or child's room.