Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
BedInABox.com
19-21-PBO/PBOP
BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress

Summary

The PacBed Original offers a classic memory foam mattress feel. It uses 3 inches of advanced Gel infused memory foam that helps you sleep cooler and provides improved pressure relief - allowing you to get deep, restful sleep. Underneath the 3 inch layer of memory foam is a 6 inch layer of high resiliency support foam (2 inch additional support foam upgrade available) for soft comfort and long lasting durability. This mattress features a soft knit cover that is stretchable, breathable, and designed specifically for memory foam.

BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (70)
  • Good support (70)
  • Holds shape (58)
  • Durable (48)
  • Soft feel (48)

Cons

• Too hard (3)

• Primary bed (70)
  • Guest bed (13)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (51), Budget shopper (14), High-end shopper (9)

I would not believe how good it is, except I got one, and it is

My wife and I shopped and researched for about a month, we learned alot. We learned the Matteress sales in stores are a joke, all matteress manufacture similar styles for each store so they can not be directly compared. Some of the trusted names are bought out then manufactured by inferior companys. Our research was leading us toward Tempur pedic but they are extremely costly. We in the course of reading reviews found Bed in a box. We read maybe 200 + reviews and could scarcely find a negative review with legitimate complaints so we took a leap of faith (which no matter what you buyt , you are still taking a leap of faith) We bought the Pac Down queen with the foundation. It came in less than a week and I had it put together in less than 30 minutes, Holy Moses the bed is absolutely the best investment in my life. Sleep is important and I have obviously been missing out for a long time. I suffer from back pain, after the first night my mobility when I first get up was unbelievable. My wife initially was not enjoying the bed but during our research she had been told repeatedly that some people require a couple of weeks to adjust. She kept that in mind and sure enough, she now sleeps like a baby as well. Some things which are common complaints, Many say they sleep hot, I dont know if the Pac Down topper is the difference, but I have not had this problem. An odd odor ? Again, maybe slightly as with most new man made objects but nothing out of the ordinary and dissipates very quickly, non issue to me ! A depression where you sleep ? Not for me as of now, we have had it for about 4 months, no issue at all. As I stated in the title, I would not believe how great this bed is if I didnt own it myself. Before you buy a 3 to 5000 doller Memory Matteress I would strongly encourage you to try these guys out ! Great customer service, excellent high quality American made product at a very reasonable price! Bed In a Box is the real thing, buy with confidence !!!!!!!!

It keeps our body impressions in it. No longer comfortable.

We have had our mattress about 11 months now, and only after about 4 months it had our body impressions in it.  It is supposed to return back to its original shape when we move or any pressure is released, but this is no longer the case where we lay.  I did call the company to see what they suggested since we were out of our "trial period", the lady, i think her name was Teresa, suggested that we turn our mattress.  She said that will happen to some of the mattresses, and that it even happened to her mattress and she just turned hers.  Not turn it over but spin it around clockwise..?  I really didnt understand why, because now I would be sleeping in my wife's impression and she in mine.  That just seemed a bit wrong to me, I thought these mattresses did not have to be turned/flipped????  Well the impressions were not deep enough for warranty coverage so we are just stuck with it for now. Maybe if we keep sleeping on it the impressions will get deeper and be covered. I am not sure if there have been lots of returns, because the return policy has changed.  They used to offer free shipping and now the customers have to pay, and they still call it a "no-risk" buy.

Great mattress upgrade

from CO

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

We were having pain points in our traditional mattress causing a lot of turning. The bed in the box has eliminated those pain points and has provided a much better night of sleep.

Very nice and comfortable bed

from Santa Clara

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Holds Shape

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

Easy transaction, and the bed was easy to open and was comfortable the first night I used it.

I like this mattress

from Calhoun GA

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I have back issues, so I needed a really good bed. This one fits for me.

Good product for the price

from Vermont

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Haven't had the mattress long enough to know yet

• Guest Bed

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

My kids wanted memory foam mattresses and this seemed like a good product without spending as much money as with other memory foam mattresses. The mattresses arrived quickly and were easy to open and put on their beds. They both love them so far. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is we haven't had the mattresses long enough to know how long they last.

Very comfortable bed!

from South Jersey

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I like that the bed is firm but comfortable to sleep on everyday.

Very comfortable !

from Pa

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

Very pleased with the reviews before purchasing. With no shipping fees and the return policy, it was worth the risk of buying online. I am very happy with it.

Great choice

from Marietta, GA

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape

• Guest Bed

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I don't like the mattress store experience and I'm not paying car prices for one to last 8 years. We chose the PacBed Original for the master and have been very happy so far. Just placed an order for another one for our guest room.

Verdict is still out

from Orlando, FL

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Good Support
            • Holds Shape

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I have been sleeping on our two twin xl mattresses for ten days now. We have an adjustment base under them.
              Pros: Not at all hot which was a big concern of mine.
              No off gassing smell
              Ordering process was very easy as was set up

Cons: Too firm. The funny thing is, we both feel like we are people who like a firm mattress, but these are just too firm for us.

It's my understanding that the company sells covers to soften up the bed, but we aren't sure we want to spend the money on the covers because they are not refundable. We might as well buy a softer bed at a local store and then we can return it and get something a little firmer if we don't like it. I wish the covers were returnable. Not sure what we'll do at this point, but we won't keep the mattresses if they are too firm.

Not what I expected

from Flagstaff, AZ

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I bought the bed based on the reviews. After a week and a half my back is worse than it was on the 7 year old mattress it replaced. I'll be sending it back when I hit 60 days

Pretty decent

from IL

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

Seems like a good quality bed, but I think it's a little too soft for me. It also sleeps somewhat hotter than my old bed.