Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
BedInABox.com
19-21-PBO/PBOP
BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress

Summary

The PacBed Original offers a classic memory foam mattress feel. It uses 3 inches of advanced Gel infused memory foam that helps you sleep cooler and provides improved pressure relief - allowing you to get deep, restful sleep. Underneath the 3 inch layer of memory foam is a 6 inch layer of high resiliency support foam (2 inch additional support foam upgrade available) for soft comfort and long lasting durability. This mattress features a soft knit cover that is stretchable, breathable, and designed specifically for memory foam.

BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress

4.8

Pros

• Good support (46)
  • Comfortable (45)
  • Holds shape (39)
  • Durable (34)
  • Soft feel (32)

• Primary bed (45)
  • Guest bed (10)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (34), Budget shopper (9), High-end shopper (5)

I would not believe how good it is, except I got one, and it is

My wife and I shopped and researched for about a month, we learned alot. We learned the Matteress sales in stores are a joke, all matteress manufacture similar styles for each store so they can not be directly compared. Some of the trusted names are bought out then manufactured by inferior companys. Our research was leading us toward Tempur pedic but they are extremely costly. We in the course of reading reviews found Bed in a box. We read maybe 200 + reviews and could scarcely find a negative review with legitimate complaints so we took a leap of faith (which no matter what you buyt , you are still taking a leap of faith) We bought the Pac Down queen with the foundation. It came in less than a week and I had it put together in less than 30 minutes, Holy Moses the bed is absolutely the best investment in my life. Sleep is important and I have obviously been missing out for a long time. I suffer from back pain, after the first night my mobility when I first get up was unbelievable. My wife initially was not enjoying the bed but during our research she had been told repeatedly that some people require a couple of weeks to adjust. She kept that in mind and sure enough, she now sleeps like a baby as well. Some things which are common complaints, Many say they sleep hot, I dont know if the Pac Down topper is the difference, but I have not had this problem. An odd odor ? Again, maybe slightly as with most new man made objects but nothing out of the ordinary and dissipates very quickly, non issue to me ! A depression where you sleep ? Not for me as of now, we have had it for about 4 months, no issue at all. As I stated in the title, I would not believe how great this bed is if I didnt own it myself. Before you buy a 3 to 5000 doller Memory Matteress I would strongly encourage you to try these guys out ! Great customer service, excellent high quality American made product at a very reasonable price! Bed In a Box is the real thing, buy with confidence !!!!!!!!

It keeps our body impressions in it. No longer comfortable.

We have had our mattress about 11 months now, and only after about 4 months it had our body impressions in it.  It is supposed to return back to its original shape when we move or any pressure is released, but this is no longer the case where we lay.  I did call the company to see what they suggested since we were out of our "trial period", the lady, i think her name was Teresa, suggested that we turn our mattress.  She said that will happen to some of the mattresses, and that it even happened to her mattress and she just turned hers.  Not turn it over but spin it around clockwise..?  I really didnt understand why, because now I would be sleeping in my wife's impression and she in mine.  That just seemed a bit wrong to me, I thought these mattresses did not have to be turned/flipped????  Well the impressions were not deep enough for warranty coverage so we are just stuck with it for now. Maybe if we keep sleeping on it the impressions will get deeper and be covered. I am not sure if there have been lots of returns, because the return policy has changed.  They used to offer free shipping and now the customers have to pay, and they still call it a "no-risk" buy.

Totally happy with this bed

from Downingtown, PA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

We bought this bed to replace a Sealy Posturepedic that developed a sag in less than 3 years. I did a LOT of research and was finding the BedInABox was the highest rated on several sites. Looked at the options and also chatted with a CS person online. Yes, it was a little odd buying a bed without seeing or touching it, but we did. Takes a little bit of setup, but nothing too crazy, and all went as expected. (We bought a king PacBed original gel and a foundation.) After sleeping on this bed for about 4 months, we are 100% happy! Nice and firm, and really holds it's shape. We were concerned about odor, but it was very minimal and none at all after a week or so. Best of all, this bed doesn't shake or move AT ALL when one person moves around on it. So I don't wake my wife when I crawl into bed late! Very satisfied!

Best mattress hands down

from Queens , NY

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I'm a mattress freak and I researched for about 3 months before buying a mattress and I was always coming back to this one . Well I made no mistake, this isotherm pat comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. Soft with support .

Good Night Sleep

from McSherrystown, PA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

This bed is something I actually look forward to getting into! I do struggle with a little bit of lower back pain, but nothing like with my old mattress! I couldn't have had better customer service & it was so easy to set up! I can feel it conform to my body & just suck me in. We are bigger people & love that it supports myself & my husband with no weight limit!

Love this Mattress

from Mears, Michigan

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

This is the second PacBed Original mattress and foundation we have purchased. The first was for our master bedroom. This one was for a guest room replacing a traditional mattress/box spring. I can't say enough about this company and their products. Ordering was simple, shipping was fast, assembly/installation was easy, materials are of high quality, and the comfort is great. We do recommend buying the Outlast Beyond Basic Mattress Pad as we found the plain mattress a little warm. The Outlast pad solved that problem.

Bed In A Box Pacbed Original King

from Greenville, SC

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

Overall, purchasing a mattress from Bed In a Box was a great experience. The process was simple, shipping and delivery were extremely fast and the product is top notch. Ours arrived just a few days after we placed the order in good shape with no problems. You may need some help moving it into your house since it weighs around 150 pounds but it's conveniently boxed so getting it through doorways is much easier than a standard mattress. Set-up was easy as it could be: unbox the mattress, lay it on your boxspring and tear open the vacuum bag. The mattress "inflated" in just a few minutes and was ready to sleep on. Some people report odor problems with memory foam beds but this one had no discernible odor. The mattress is very comfortable with great support and I would describe it as semi-firm. We are very pleased with the temperature regulation and sleeping on this mattress is no hotter than a standard spring one. After our experience I find it hard to believe that I will ever go back to standard mattresses and I certainly won't be going to the local bedding stores.

Excellent Bed

from Rathdrum Idaho

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Soft Feel

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

Easy to navigate web site, easy purchase options, and fast delivery. Easy set up and bed is ready in five to ten minutes.

Worth ever penny!

from Niles MI

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape
            • Soft Feel
            • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I bought my queen memory foam mattress from bed in a box. It was the best decision I've ever made. My first night sleeping on it was awesome I've recommended it to my family and friends. It's worth it easily.

Great King BedInABox.com Memory Foam Mattress

from Tennessee

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

We purchased this King size Memory Foam Mattress from BedInABox.com because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed! It gives the support needed without being too hard or "squishy". Cannot tell when the other person moves as the mattress does not shake. Does not get too hot - stays comfortable. After a few weeks, we are sleeping very well!

This is my 2nd pac bed original mattress

from Milford Ct

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support
                • Holds Shape
                • Soft Feel
                • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

I absolutely find this the most comfortable bed I have slept on. It is supportive yet soft. I don't toss and turn all night. It's a keeper. I have had temper pedics , sealys , bob o pedics and kings down mattresses. Buy this one it's much better and you won't break the bank. It's a good quality mattress and shipping was only 3 days. The first mattress they sent me had a firmer topper on it and I talked to their customer service about it and within 5 minutes they decided to send me a whole new mattress. I didn't even ask for a replacement. All I can say is their customer service is the best. I am a customer for life.

Wish i'd bought this mattress sooner

from Colebrook, NH

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                  • Good Support
                  • Holds Shape
                  • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBed Original Memory Foam Mattress:

After putting up with an old mattress for far too long, about 20 years too long, I finally gave in to my wife's subtle hints (such as "We need a new mattress NOW") and we started on the road to try out lots of new mattresses. We liked the feel of the memory foam beds in our area, but didn't like the prices of over $3,000. So I looked online, sleeplikethedead was especially useful. We picked BedInaBox partly due to the reviews and partly because they gave a 120 day no quibble return option if we didn't like it.
                    We received the mattress promptly and let it expand to its full size (great fun to watch!). The first week I was worried we'd made a mistake as I slept poorly and found it too hard. Then suddenly my body got used to the different support and my sleep improved dramatically. I wasn't waking up with aches and pains like I'd begun to on the old mattress and I felt much more rested.
                    I wish I'd bought this mattress years ago.