4.8
Memory Foam Mattresses
BedInABox.com
19-21-PBBP
BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress

Summary

The PacBamboo is our most supportive feeling memory foam mattress. The fabric used to make the cover is produced utilizing natural, additive-free bamboo fiber extracted directly from bamboo culms. Long known as an eco-friendly and quickly renewable resource, bamboo fiber is naturally anti-bacterial and deodorizing and has unique stretch and recovery characteristics.

The pillow top cover features 1.5 inches of special quilting foam under a layer of pillow soft polyester microfiber. Underneath the pillow top cover is a 3 inch layer of memory foam along with an 8 inch layer of high resiliency support foam for soft comfort and long lasting durability. The overall height of the mattress is 13 inches tall.

BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress

4.8

Pros

• Good support (12)
  • Comfortable (11)
  • Durable (6)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Soft feel (4)

• Primary bed (12)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (9)

Bed-In-A-Box PacBamboo 11. It is exactly what they say it is.

Everyone says this but I'm going to repeat it: *This is the first time I've ever reviewed a product on any site. *

My story is much like the others...Read complete review

My story is much like the others you'll read hear if you're researching the Bed-In-A-Box line. My purchase decision was heavily influenced by what I read on this site. A big thank you to everyone who took the time to review this company and their products!

So, anywho, the old mattress was well past it's prime and my wife was tired of being catapulted into the air everytime I rolled over. Looked at SelectComfort and TempurPedic but I just couldn't justify that kind of money. It would be cheaper to just buy my wife a crash helmet (she would argue at first, but eventually she would get used to it)! So, I Googled 'Cheap Beds' (I've Googled tons of 'how to' and 'where to' stuff in the past that I've followed to several hilarious outcomes, but that's a subject for a different post) and came across Bed-In-A-Box. One has to first get over the concerns of a) buying a bed on the internet and b) buying one called "Bed-In-A-Box".  I was only able to accomplish those two things after making a total of 3 phone calls to the company and asking all sorts of what I'm sure were rediculous questions. The staff there treated each of my questions in kind regard and took their time answering each. The main concerns I had after reading reviews of memory foam mattresses in general were:

a) a chemical odor

b) the mattress sleeping "hot"

After researching and talking to the kind folks at Bed-In-A-Box we went with the PacBamboo 11". They told me it "may sleep slightly warmer than the PacDown", but we decided to go with the Bamboo because we could always add the Down cover to it if need be and the little extra firmness they said we would get satisfied one of the criteria we had. 3 days after ordering it showed up in....well....a BOX! We unpacked it threw it on our old box springs (which I had covered with 1/4" plywood prior to the bed arriving) and for 3 nights now we've had the best sleep we've had in years.  We had slept so poorly for so many years that we had forgotten what "good sleep" was like. My wife doesn't bounce around when I move (and she got out of the crash helmet idea so she's got that going for her). It's only been 3 nights and I'll update this review if anything changes, but so far it's in the top three of the best purchases I've ever made (along with my Iced Tea Maker and Zero-Turn Mower). There was no chemical smell at all, even on the first night of sleeping on it, and so far it does not appear to sleep any "warmer" than the old mattress we had. The Bamboo cover is very soft (almost silky) feeling.

We've been so happy thus far that we are considering buying two more for each of our children. It was a great experience with a great American company that delivered exactly what they said they would, when they said they would at the price they said they would. They even convinced me to go with the 11" instead of the 13" because it made more sense for our needs.

If you are considering purchasing a memory foam from Bed-In-A-Box I, at this point, can highly recommend the company and the product.

P.S. I have no relatives that work at Bed-In-A-Box nor was I paid to write this review. That's always one of the things I wonder when I read reviews so I thought I would clear that up.

PacBamboo Plus King was great... At first

First, let me say I am a physician and a chronic low back pain sufferer.  Like many people, I am in search of the best mattress to alleviate my pain and provide a full night's sleep.  We purchased our PacBamboo Plus late last summer (2008) to replace a 10 year old inner spring mattress.  At first, I loved it.  True, it smelled funny for a week, but that was easily ignored.  However, a few things were not so easily dismissed.  I found myself waking up a few times at night because of excessive heat trapping between the mattress and myself.  Again, I could live with the heat if that were the only problem.  Now, after only 6 months of use, the foam compresses so much at night that by 3am I feel like I am lying on a cement slab.  Needless to say, sleeping after that point is nearly impossible.  Remember, I purchased the Plus mattress too, to make certain I had "extra" of the soft foam layer to prevent this problem.  I am not overweight, 6' 180lbs, and the mattress should not feel like that.  Even worse, the mattress has worsened my wifes neck pain.  Talk about a double whammy...my back pain is worse and my wife is mad at me for buying this mattress!  Bottom line.. I am now sleeping on my old inner spring mattress in the guest room until I find another mattress.  I hope others are having better luck.

Sleep...sweet sleep

from Frederick, MD

About Me High-end Shopper

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

Night one with my mattress..not so good but I expect this was because the bed is quite firm compared to my last mattress. Day two (and beyond) I've slept like the dead. Frankly what an amazing mattress.

Comfortable but HOT

from Portland, Oregon

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Great Value

Cons

• Allows temperature build-up
    • hot

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

This is a very comfortable bed, and reasonably priced. My biggest concern, however, is that it is HOT. I have never had this problem with a mattress before. Even sleeping in a 50 degree room with only a light blanket as a cover, I wake up almost every night sweating. The bed is a furnace. I have not slept through the night in over a month. Unfortunately, I am going to have to buy a new bed.

Great Mattress and Quick Delivery

from Houston, TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

Arrived quickly. Shipping box was beat up, but mattress was in perfect condition. Had this mattress for a few weeks, and am very satisfied - no intention of utilizing the generous return policy. Slight offgassing at beginning, but that was effectively gone after a week. Mattress is firm, which is what I wanted.

BedInABox PacBamboo Mattress is Awesome

from Westborough, MA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

Everything about this bed has been fabulous! I did a lot of homework online, researching mattress brands, styles and pros/cons of purchasing online. After just over 1 month, my experience coheres with the many strong reviews I encountered in my research. Once I selected the mattress style, it was so easy to purchase online. I contacted customer service with a few questions prior to my purchase, and found their service to be knowledgeable and very helpful. The mattress arrived on time and was easy to open/re-constitute. I have a long history of chronic neck/central back pain and so far this mattress has been very good for my condition. Would highly recommend!!!

The most comfortable bed I've owned

from Columbia, MD

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Not too hot
        • Quiet
        • Soft Feel

Cons

• A little hard to rollover
        • Heavy
        • no edge

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

Bed In A Box was very fast with their delivery, the website had clear information on it so that I could make my decision confidently and the the bed I received other than being VERY HEAVY and hard to move in its totally smashed cardboard box was easy to open up and unroll and sleep on that night. There was a faint smell sort of like new interior paint which had dissipated completely within 48 hours as promised by the company. I got the bamboo pillow top option and I'm very pleased with the quality of it and that you can unzip it completely and wash if needed. I have not noticed the foam being too hot as memory foam is said to be. There are no uncomfortable positions now, no pressure points. The foam mattress underneath is firmer than I thought it would be but completely conforms to my body and I've slept without waking up for a month now and I really do have more energy. I even noticed my husband has stopped taking naps and has more energy.

Love this bed!!!

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

We love this bed!!! It was very easy to buy online, great service and quick delivery.
          The bed rolled out nicely onto our platform bed. It has excellent support. We no longer have low back pain, and my arm doesn't fall asleep with my arm underneath my pillow. No tingling fingers. We chose to by Bed-In-Box because of the excellent reviews and customer satisfaction.
          We Love It!!!

Love this bed!!

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

After doing a lot of research online for various beds I found that Bed in a Box had excellent reviews and customer satisfaction. My husband and I both love this bed. It's very comfortable, great price, great support. We also did not have to go out to stores and talk with sales people and test out a bunch of beds that other people have already laid on. Yuk!! Easy to order online, quick delivery, and easy set up. We both have noticed that we don't have lower back pain in the morning, and I can sleep on my side and my arm underneath the pillow doesn't fall asleep, no tingling fingers!!
            Love It!! Great bed!!

Love this bed

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

After doing a lot of research online about various bed, I found that Bed in a Box had excellent customer reviews and satisfaction.
              My husband and I both love this bed. Very comfortable, great price, just want we were looking for, and we didn't have to go out to stores and talk with sales people and test out a bunch of beds that other people had laid on.
              Both my husband and I have noticed that we have no low back pain in the morning, I can sleep on my side without my arm that is underneath my pillow falling asleep, no tingling fingers.
              Love it!!!

Will Never Shop For Another Mattress Again

from Harney County, Oregon

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

I only have one complaint: I do *not* want to get out of this bed because it's so comfortable.

After being duped more than once by other inner-spring or supposed memory foam mattress purchases, we are now out of that game for forever. Bedinabox.com will have our business from now until the end. Their customer service is worthy of my A+ rating. Delivery (after enduring a lost mattress from another company) was so unbelievably simple, comforting and lovely to deal with. The mattress arrived in less than one week.

*I*, as a girl, was able to set up this bed on my own. The worst part being lifting the mattress onto the frame, but I conquered this task because of the wonderful duffle bag with handles the compacted mattress came in. Once on the frame, one can easily unwrap, place, and watch the magic begin as your new slice of heaven on earth comes to life.

From start to finish, I have not a single bad thing to report about Bedinabox.com. I would recommend Bedinabox.com to anybody searching for that perfect night's sleep.

Another humongous plus for me is that they are *Made In The U.S.A.*

If anybody wants to research on their own, sleeplikethedead.com also shows ratings and reviews; they were my initial reason for heading to bedinabox.com. to begin with. And every single review/rating is spot on.

Sleep like you've always wanted by purchasing a bedinabox.com mattress. You won't be sorry.

A great night's rest

from Tampa, Florida

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support
                • Holds Shape
                • Soft Feel
                • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress:

Came quickly. Easy to set up, and is so comfortable.
                  Highly recommended!