Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
BedInABox.com
19-21-SILK13
BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress

Summary

The Natural Silk Elegance GEL Memory Foam Mattress is a plush and soft mattress. It has a quilted comfort layer for a beautiful, traditional look, but still allows the support layer underneath to help put your body in the correct sleeping position so you can wind down and fully relax. This cover features a high-end tailored look, made from natural silk, originally designed for the luxury hotel industry.

The pillow top cover is made from silk and is a layer of memory foam under two layers of ultra plush premium quilting foam and a layer of pillow soft polyester microfiber for an added 2 inches in height. Underneath the pillow top cover is a 3 inch layer of memory foam along with a 8 inch layer of high resiliency support foam for soft comfort and long lasting durability. The overall height of the mattress is 13 inches tall.

BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (10)
  • Good support (9)
  • Durable (8)
  • Holds shape (8)
  • Soft feel (8)

Cons

• Too hard (4)

• Primary bed (11)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (8), Budget shopper (3)

Worth every penny I saved. This is the mattress for me.

Do yourself a favor, and go ahead and get it.

Comfort

Do yourself a favor, and go ahead and get it.

Comfort
I was skeptical about buying a mattress online, but I buy everything else, online so I figured it was worth a shot, plus they had a trial period and a good return policy. For the price, it's amazing, I'm so happy I didn't spend more on something for a local store. I have to say this mattress feels great. It's 2 layers of foam and a pillowtop over that so it feels plush like a pillow top should, but the memory foam cradles you perfectly. For me, I don't get enough sleep, so what I do get needs to count. This mattresses is the best sleep I've ever had.

Support
The support was good, almost like being weightless. The pillowtop gives you a nice plush feel and then the memory foam cradles and supports you just right. You don't feel like you have any areas that are sinking down too far like the shoulders, and areas like your lower back are still in contact with the bed, and feel good as well.

Firmness
It was firm enough. To me, it felt like it was firm in all the places my previous mattress gave in too much, and soft in those areas when my old mattress wasn't. I'm a heavier guy and this mattress is I'd say firm but not so firm that it's uncomfortable, it's also not soft either. Again, for me, it's just right on the light side of firm.

I can't imagine this thing not lasting for many years to come. I was extremely impress when I had to move my whole bed for the carpet cleaners. I didn't have time to move it properly, so we just kinda threw it into the hall way. We grabbed it by the cover, and shoved it in the hallway, It was a tight fit, and we had to bend it a couple different ways but we got in and out of the hallway and it looked as good as the day I opened it once we got it back in place. Not to mention when you get it, it comes in a box that's like 2 ft by 2 ft and like 4 ft tall. If this mattress can survive that and me, I think it could survive a nuclear bomb blast.

Hard, uncomfortable and a disappointment

This bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I love memory foam, and was so excited about this mattress because it was affordable, but I guess you get what you pay for.

ComfortRead complete review

Comfort
This mattress was very firm, not what I was expecting at all. My husband was a mattress salesman and even he doesn't like that it wasn't as soft as advertised.

Support
My hips hurt no matter what position I slept in with this mattress. :( I thought that the memory foam would be better than my old lumpy pillow top, but with the old mattress it was more comfortable and there was less back and hip pain than with this one.

Firmness
If you like a firm mattress, this one is for you! I personally didn't care for how firm it was,but to each their own.

I had this mattress for more than 2 years and it still feels the same that it did when it came out of the box. Of course, I didn't care for the feel of it, but I was impressed with how well it withstood the wear and multiple moves. :)

I don't think this is the bed for me

from Farmington, MN

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Reduction in movement

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

We have had the bed for 2 weeks and everyone says it takes about 2 weeks to adjust. I don't look forward to going to bed. I can fall asleep well enough but I can't stay asleep but I constantly am waking up to adjust my body position. I wake up with sore back, hips, neck. I used to love lounging in bed for extra half hour in the morning, now I have to get up because my body is screaming for me to move. It takes about a half an hour for the stiff and sore to go away. The bed has no give. It is like sleeping on a thin cushion. It has no feeling of enveloping the body. I have been sleeping with a memory foam pillow for almost two years and love it. I get a consistent night's sleep, it is especially nice when camping or staying in hotels. I thought the memory foam bed would give me the same experience but It is just too much firmness. I treasure my sleep and these past two weeks have been a nightmare. I wished I didn't have to wait 60 days to give up on the bed but maybe in that time something will change....

Wonderful company

from NH

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

I bought this mattress about 5 years ago. It's very high quality and I was very happy. The most important thing about this purchase though is the fact that they are a wonderful company. They were very pleasant and helpful during the purchase process. Even more impressive though is that my only other contact I've had with them was for a warrenty claim 5 years later which was this week. They were again extremely pleasant to work with, very expeditious and completely stood behind their product. They honored their warrenty without delay actually going even beyond what was required and expected. They are obviously dedicated to their product, services, and customers. I have actually never had any other company treat me so well. It's encouraging that there are still companies like this and they should be very proud of how they do business. I don't usually do reviews but I was so impressed I searched for a way to write one for them.

wow

from Hurley ms

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I are in love with this mattress! Best purchase ever !

Great bed and company!

from Durham, NC

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

We have rarely, if ever, encountered a company like Bed In A Box; a group of people so determined to make their customers happy. They begin by having real human beings answer their phones - and they are well informed and courteous! If you communicate by email, someone replies within hours. Their products are of high quality, a good value, delivered quickly, and with simple instructions. If anything needs to be adjusted, they truly go above and beyond to give you a good nights' sleep. We will tell all of our friends to buy their next mattresses from Bed In A Box!

I LOVE THE FOAM!

from Guanica, PR

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

The foam is really soft to zzzzzzz, I recommended for people that can't sleep.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

don't like it at all and would love to return it

from Brooklyn

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

We really don't like it at all. its too hard and the thirteen inch height makes it hard to make the bed. We would love to return it without having to wait 60 days. Any chance?

most comfortable!!

from londonderry, NH

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

This has saved my life when it comes to comfort and my bad back. As soon as I got this it was obvious what I was missing.

Pleasantly surprising

from Ethelsville, AL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

I've only had this mattress for a couple of weeks now but it seems to improve every day. I first tried a Tempurpedic from another retail supplier and was totally disgusted with the product. Not one good thing to see as it seemed that I was sleeping on a torture slab every night. After almost 4 weeks, I returned it and ordered this highly recommended Bedinabox mattress and I'm really glad I did. First I emailed BiB explaining I was a side sleeper and this was the product they recommended. It arrived in about 3 days after ordering and we slept on it the same night. NO offgassing as we were expecting. I must abmitt that my first night was only so so but each night since has been an improvement. There's something about memory foam that requires some amount of break in unlike traditional coil mattresses but after a couple of weeks now I'm really enjoying going to bed and not waking up with back ache. There is a bit of a cavity that forms and it is noticeable for the a few moments when you move but not to the point of being uncomfortable. I'm still trying to "break in" the whole bed but I'm really satisfied with my choice. It's amazing that something that arrives in a 4 ft. box could expant to a king size bed but it happens. I would recommend this one to anyone that is experiencing back pain in the mornings but give it a few days for breakin

like sleeping on a cloud

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Soft Feel

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

We had put off buying a new bed for a long time. Finally, we decided on a memory foam bed, and chose Bed in a Box for its great reviews and reasonable prices. The ordering process was easy, the bed came when it was supposed to (I had asked to have it delivered after we returned from vacation), and it's lovely to sleep in.

It does have a little chemical odor - similar to our memory foam pillows when we first got them. I'm not too worried about it. It was hard to get the boxes up the stairs. We bought the foundation and the mattress, and it took the two of us to get them up the stairs.

The foundation was easy to put together, and feels very sturdy. I was glad I watched the you tube video- it is a must-watch to make sure you do the setup the easiest way possible.

One last note- I do notice that the bed is warmer than our previous bed. It's cold here in Minnesota, so right now, that's a good thing. I'm hopeful that in the summer, all the technology in the cover of the bed will keep us cool.

Beyond Awesome

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Natural Silk Elegance Memory Foam Mattress:

I have had my wonderful bed for a month now. There is nothing I can say against it. My first kick of enjoyment
            was watching the mattress GROW once the vacuum seal was
            broken, from a bag, there was an instant bed. But, thencame night and sleeping. I never woke up in the middle of the night and I always do. Now I sleep late and that's bad. The first second of consciousness, you think you have woken into a weightless environment. But, reason takes over and you still don't believe
            how great you feel. This has gone on for every single night.
            My most severe critic, my daughter, with the most severe joint and back pain, couldn't stop praising the bed after one night of pure comfort.Also important to her was the fact the mattress wicked away excessive body heat. She woke up cold in the night instead of
            wet with body sweat. She usually wakes up grumpy, BUT
            not that morning. It was all smiles, and that made me
            very happy. She hasn't stopped recommending it to friends and relatives. Is there more that I can say?
            Oh, my beagles 2 sleep longer in the morning too.
            They are older, like me. And very happy, like me.