Other Snacks & Cookies:
Candy
Starburst
Starburst - Original Jelly Beans

Starburst - Original Jelly Beans

These Fruity Gems are Addictive!

I have to be honest, I don't generally have much of a sweet tooth.  It's easy for me to forgo chocolate, cakes, and candy because they don't really tempt me that much.  But every so often, when I do have a hankering for a burst of sugar, I reach for that bright bag of **Starburst Jelly Beans**. Even as a kid, the jelly beans in my Easter basket never tempted me.  They were okay, but the taste was nothing special.   That all changed a few years ago when I bought some jelly beans for my nieces and nephews and discovered the Starburst version.  I ate a handful of them while I was filling baskets, and I've never looked at a jelly bean the same way since.

**Starburst Jelly Beans** don't even look like generic jelly beans.  They are more colorful, less pastel, and slightly bigger than average.  The coating is waxy and the interior of jellybean has the perfect texture for munching.  The flavor is bright and fruity, owing to the natural flavors that is added to the mix.  Of course, they have tons of sugar and artificial flavoring like most candies.  Still, the burst of flavor that is the trademark of the popular Starburst Fruit Chews is also present in the jellybeans.  However, unlike the fruit chews that have a distinctive taste, I can't personally tell if the yellow jelly beans have a different flavor than the red jelly beans - they all taste the same to me.  I'm easy to please.

Don't get me wrong, Starburst Jelly Beans are not as evolved as the Jelly Belly brand of gourmet jelly beans.  They are more flavorful than average, but these are not for the connoisseur of fine candies.  Like most jelly beans, these are not much more than glorified globs of sugar.  Unlike most candies, however, I enjoy sitting down with a book and a bag of **Starburst JellyBeans** and savoring each fruit flavored glob.

not as good as Jelly Belly, or regular Starburst candies

Starburst Jelly Beans to me seem like a botched attempt at creating a Starburst/Jelly Belly hybrid. This Frankenstein monster turned out not so great in my opinion. First of all the influence of Jelly Belly on this product is indisputable. They're smaller then a traditional jelly bean (the same size as Jelly Belly) and have a much stronger, more tart flavor (like a Jelly Belly). They don't really taste like Starburst, so if that's what you're expecting move on. The texture is a little off, they're gummier than a Jelly Belly but harder than a regular jelly bean. They're just not very good.

I'm not much for Jelly Beans, but these are really good!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

Everyone thinks I'm crazy at Easter because I never want jelly beans. They are alright, but I'm not a big fan. I'm not sure what it is. I like to try new things and I saw the Starburst Jelly Beans and I thought hey I'll give these a shot. I didn't expect to think much of them because as I said I'm not a jelly bean fan. I will tell you that these taste so much better! When it comes to Easter and someone asks me if I want jelly beans I will say only if they are the Starburst ones. The other jelly beans have a fake taste to them. Starburst jelly beans have a burst of flavor with each one. The flavor is bold and sweet and it almost tastes juicy. It's really good. There is a variety of flavors also. Each flavor has it's own sweet taste. These are a little smaller than the average jelly bean, but there is more flavor in them and they taste way better. I only really see these available around Easter, but if I see them I will probably have to get them again. They are really good!

Great jelly beans that taste like Starburst fruit chews

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

This is a very tasty and satisfying candy. If you like Starburst fruit chews for their tart fruity goodness, you will also like these jelly beans. They taste just like them, only they are jelly beans. They cost a little more than regular jelly beans, but are worth the price because unlike many other jelly beans, flavor is emphasized over the sugar. These burst with flavor.

Pretty Good Jelly Beans

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

Starburst Original Jelly Beans taste great. I prefer these jelly beans over the traditional ones. I love the sweet and tangy flavor of these candies. I usually buy these jelly beans during Easter and Christmas holidays.

My nieces and nephews love them and so do I. If you are looking for something a little different than your average jelly beans buy these!

The only jelly bean for me.

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

I have never liked jelly beans, but I have always loved starburst fruit chews. So when I found these starburst original jelly beans I thought I would give them a try. These jelly beans are so good I couldn't stop eating them. I will not try another jelly bean. I will only eat these.

Burst of flavor

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

The original Starburst candy is one of the best quick and easy snack foods available. The fruity, chewy snack provides more flavor than most candies out there. The individually wrapped snack is easy to bring anywhere. The wrapping can be annoying to remove if they melt a little in your pocket though.

not as good as Jelly Belly, or regular Starburst candies

Starburst jelly beans!!WOW

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

As a fan of the regular starburst candy, so when Starburst - Original Jelly Beans caught my eye I really had to try them. After the first handful I now keep a jar full of these jelly beans on my desk for me to have. I really like the red colors of the cherry and strawberry.

My favorite jelly bean

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

Starburst brand is my favorite for jelly beans. They are so flavorful and colorful and very delicious! I don't like to look at the calories because I eat so many because they taste so good! I like them way more than Jelly Belly. I would recommend these for Easter or, well, any day actually.

I hate jelly beans!

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

Ever since I can remember, I have always hated jelly beans. They taste like nothing besides pure sugar or grape medicine, and are super sugary. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate sugar, I just hate wasting calories on something that tastes like sugar from a packet. With that being said, Starburst's jelly beans are the only jelly beans I will eat! They taste like starbursts, but are chewy like a jelly bean. I actually prefer them to regular Starburst's! I highly recommend them!

This candy will change your life!

Comments about Starburst - Original Jelly Beans:

Starburst jellybeans. Huge burst of fruit flavored heaven! Almost everybody I know loves this candy. People say jellybeans not a huge fan, but when it comes to STARBURST JELLYBEANS, everyone loves them. The first time I bought them I thought I was in a dream I found my best friend go startburst jellybeans!