Other Body Lotions:

St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Oatmeal and Butter -- For Your Body!

Before I purchased this body lotion, when I thought of oatmeal and butter, I only thought of breakfast.  Now, I know that the primary ingredients in **St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Moisturizer** create a yummy way to start the morning for my skin as well.  **Why I Like St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion:**

- Oatmeal naturally relieves itchy skin

- African shea butter is a natural and effective moisturizer

- Winter-dry skin is instantly relieved

- Fragrance is light, pleasant, and unisex

- My skin feels soft and smooth after applying and lasts for hours

- Absorbs quickly

- Doesn't feel greasy, but leaves a protective sheen

- Affordably-priced and available at drugstores nationwide

- Not tested on animals

The manufacturer also indicates that the product is made with "Pure Swiss Glacial Water" which is supposed to be a pure form of moisture.  Of course, who knows if glacial water is superior to regular water or if that's just a marketing ploy.  At any rate, **St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Moisturizer **does a good job of soothing my skin without irritation, and keeping it moisturized during these harsh winter months.  It may not be rich and thick enough for the driest skin, but for normal-to-dry skin, I think it's a good choice

It's an alright product, it works.

I wanna start off by saying, I probably won't be buying this product again. Not because its bad or doesn't work, because I know of other lotions that are much better. Yes, this product works, but to a certain extent. It's price is a little much for its performance.

The scent is not the best. I prefer a more calm, subtle smell. One that last not long, but lasts. I think this scent could irritate someone's skin.

Absorption
This product absorbs quickly. Or dries? I think the absorption process would be better lasting a bit longer. When it absorbs quickly, it doesn't work as well. I think it has a drying effect, which is the complete opposite of its created job.

I have the effectiveness a "poor" score for a few reasons. I have very dry skin during the winter, and itchy. I think when I apply this moisturizer, it absorbs quickly, so the process doesn't last. It actually dries as a drying layer, that tends to make my itchiness happen more often.

Another favorite gone with the wind

from Colorado

Pros

Cons

• Not Long-Lasting

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

The original formula of this product was a favorite - my go to body lotion. The new formula is NOT moisturizing. It is much thinner, lighter, and not effective for the dry Colorado weather. Bummer! Now I have to find another body lotion.

Best lotion

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

I have tried many lotions in my life and this is by far the best I have been able to find. I was a gymnast for 13 years so my skin always got super dry from all the chalk and this is the only lotion I have been able to find that absorbs into my calluses and keeps my skin soft and flake free! I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for relief for dry skin and the oatmeal helps with the itching.

This lotion has a pleasant scent. Sometimes it can be a little strong, but nothing compared to a lot of other lotions I have tried.

Absorption
      This is the only lotion I have tried that really feels like it absorbs correctly. Most other lotions leave my skin feeling greasy or even chapped, but this one absorbs nicely and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized.

I have very dry skin and I use this every night. The difference is amazing and can even help with my psoriasis breakouts! I can't sleep if I don't put this lotion on because it helps sooth the itching that comes from dry skin.

• Absorption:

Saved my skin this winter season

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

I live in the Chicago area, and I feel like my skin has literally been destroyed by the cold and windiness of this winter season. In general, the skin on my entire body feels extremely dry and raw, and it doesn't look any better - really red and chapped.

I purchased this product at a local drugstore after a particularly cold day. The world "soothing" in the title really sold it for me. The lotion has a very light, pleasant scent, not overpoweringly fruity and chemical-ly. The formula also absorbs very well into the skin, especially immediately after a shower. The lotion really is soothing; my skin has been red and irritated from the cold, but the lotion really has a cooling and calming effect. It also is super moisturizing - since using this product, my skin feels nourished and supple rather than dry and chapped, and it just looks healthier and feels smoother. This product is super affordable, and considering the effect it has on your skin, I would say that it's is definitely a steal! Buy it!

Good budget friendly lotion

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

This is one of my favorite lotions. I love the smell it is kind of mild. It is also not too thick or too watery like some brands. I also like that it is one of the cheaper lotions on the shelf. It will cost more than the store brand usually, but it is so worth it.

I love this smell. It is not too strong or overpowering. In fact I don't think others can really smell it when you wear it, but you can. The smell is soothing to me.

Absorption
      I never had a lotion that did not leave something once it is used. This one absorbs well. Your hands immediately feel softer and there is only a slight moist feeling left to your skin. It is not oily or slimy feeling like some lotions can be.

This works just as well as pricier lotions. I have very dry skin and this stuff works wonders. I like to put it on at bed time and I wake up with soft skin. I also used this instead of cocoa butter when I was pregnant and I never got any stretch marks. Not sure if the lotion helped or if I was lucky, but I will definitely use it for my next pregnancy,

• Absorption:

Good product for the price.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

This product is really nice to use all year round. It smells really sweet, which is great for the warmer seasons. It moisturizes my knees enough so that I can wear shorts and not have big grey patches. It makes my legs feel nice and smooth when I apply it after shaving. It does sting a little bit though. It's also moisturizing enough for winter and is a great scent to use right before going to bed or getting out of a bath. It's very soothing and relaxing. The pump is convenient. It makes your skin glow and shine, even when not in direct sunlight. It is just the right consistency, not too thick or too runny. It absorbs pretty well, but it can make your hands slippery for a while, so I do not use this before I drive. The only problem that I have had with this is that it breaks out my neck. I used this on my neck when I ran out of my facial cream, and it broke me out there. It has not broken me out anywhere else on my body though.

sweet

Helps My Winter Itchy Legs

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

Winter is very hard on my skin because of the heat that is on in my apartment. Every winter my legs are so itchy and dry that I need to use lotion all of the time. Each year I try many different lotions trying to find one that really helps, and up until this year, I wasn't very successful. One of my friends suggested I try the St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion, and so I did. I've been using it for about a month now and I find that it has done a good job of keeping my skin moisturized and the itching down to a minimum. I found that after using this lotions for about a week, I was able to see the effects. Another advantage to using this cream rather than some "designer" lotion, is that the price is relatively inexpensive and it can be found in most local drug stores. Another thing I like about the lotion is the smell. It's pleasant and light, and doesn't overpower you. The lotion also is easily absorbed into my skin and doesn't feel at all greasy. Definitely will continue to use this product!

St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal

from The Colony, TX

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

This St Ives Soothing Oatmeal body lotion is a great lotion for your entire body. It is naturally soothing and your skin will feel soft and wonderful. Your won't have to be embarrased by your dry hands and legs anymore!!

The St Ives lotion is simply great! I have received many compliments after applying this lotion throughout the day. My co-workers have even asked me what kind of perfume I am wearing.

Absorption
      This lotion will absorp into your skin within one minute. Your hands will look soft and creamy. No more dry arms or legs to be concerned about. Use it once and you are ready to go on with your day.

The lotion is very effective. It will not rub off and will protect your skin for twenty-four hours or longer. It is great to use after bathing or swimming. It works also for exfoliating your dry skin immediately.

• Absorption:

St. Ives smells great and works wonders!

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion not only smells yummy it also provides a high level of moisture to the skin. I decided to try this lotion after having a positive experience with St. Ives body wash. I love how Shea Butter smells. Oatmeal and Shea butter have been used for years to sooth and treat irritated and dry skin. This body lotion works wonders. During the winter months my skin tends to get dry and my skin needs extra pampering. St. Ives is a relatively cheap way to pamper yourself without hurting your budget. I have tried more expensive brands of body lotion and find that St. Ives works just as good if not better than they do. I noticed after a couple of days, how much better my skin looked and felt. After using this product, my skin looks and feels radiant, healthy, smooth and silky soft. This body lotion is neither too thick nor too thin. It rubs on evenly and quickly absorbs into my skin.

This body lotion smells absolutely amazing. I love how my skin feels after using this lotion.

Absorption
      This lotion absorbs fast into my skin.

This lotion provides intense moisture.

• Absorption:

Great moisturizer for tough dry skin!

from Proctorville, OH

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

I'm 53 years old and have suffered with really bad dry skin all my life. The only lotion that helped at all was Johnson's Baby Lotion -- until I tried St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Lotion. It goes on light. It's not greasy and within days I had skin that looked and felt as good as it did when I was a child. And, I don't smell like a baby anymore! Love it!

It's not an overpowering scent, it's light and airy.

Absorption
      You rub it on and within a minute it has absorbed into your skin and made it feel like silk.

It works fantastically. It's the best product I've tried for dry skin, and believe me, I've tried hundreds.

Fantastic product!

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion:

I have very dry skin! I also have patches of eczema which causes much embarrassment. It is also very itchy. I have had tried most other lotions out on the market, even tried prescription strength lotions, but nothing seemed to alleviate my dry skin. I decided to buy this because I love St. Ives facial scrubs and face lotions and always had excellent results. I just love the results. My eczema has disappeared and most of my dry patches have been eliminated. I usually lotion directly after my shower and it really soaks into the skin. I love that is also not scented which certain lotions are and make me sick to even put on. There is no greasy feeling and the greatest aspect of all this is the price. You get a great product for so little money. The only thing I would change is the pump. I am down to the very bottom of the bottle and I need to take off the top to get to the remainder of the lotion. But if that is all I need to change then I can deal with it. If you have dry skin, try this from St. Ives!