Other Facial Moisturizers:

St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Treat your face to something nice

I accidentally bought this cream as a face wash.  I know, I know, facial moisturizer does not mean clean face.  But I feel in love with this...Read complete review

I accidentally bought this cream as a face wash.  I know, I know, facial moisturizer does not mean clean face.  But I feel in love with this product.

It has proteins which are found in young healthy skin helping keep skin firm and minimize lines.  It's a great moisturizer, my face is always so soft and just feels really great after my shower.  I love the way it feels when I apply it to my face, it's so silky feeling.  It's not great for acne so don't use it for that.  It is good to use in-between your regular face wash.

As always St. Ives products are not tested on animals.  Yippee!

This one is a keeper.

Not for me

I really liked the concept of this moisturizer but it just did not work for me. I mean im in my twenties I don't really have any wrinkles yet but id would like to prevent from getting them at a young age. I also have really dry skin and this moisturizer did not moisturize my skin at all. Its a thin consistency, pretty runny and it made my skin feel really tight so I had to put another moisturizer on top of that. I have really sensitive skin as well so it did burn a bit. Im sure this works for others but if you have dry sensitive skin this moisturizer will not work for you, unless im the only person with weird skin that doesn't like anything.

Greatest Moisturizer Ever!!!!

from Stockton, Ca

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Bedtime
    • Before Applying Makeup
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

Once I discovered this facial moururizer ive never attempted to use anything else. Leaves skin soft and moisturized. Non-greasy. Lasts all day. I use morning and night

Inexpensive, Light-Weight and Effective for Moderate Dryness

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

This product out-performs many moisturizers I have tried that cost a lot more.

Suitable for mild-to-moderately dry skin. Not a heavy moisturizer.

Ease of Application
    Old-fashioned, dip your hand into the jar and rub on. This is the way most products were packaged prior to the popularity of pump bottles. I have no problem with it but germaphobics might.

It has a very distinctive scent which is difficult to describe.....milky, floral, herbal? Many would not like it and I did not at first but got used to it in time. The scent fades fairly fast on the skin.

• Ease of Application:

This is a nice moisturizing cream for normal or burned skin.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

I purchased this for the sheer fact that I need a moisturizer. I am in my early 20's so collagen isn't necessarily something that is on my radar right now but I figured it was a win-win. I've used St. Ives products for quite a while and I was recently wind and sun burned so I decided to grab a jar of this. My mom and grandmother suggest it is never too early to start a routine for your skin to keep it perky and tight so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone or at any rate at least sooth my burned nose.

I was pleasantly surprised with this. I wouldn't say I have loose skin by any means but I do burn and chafe easily. I dabbed a little of this on at night and after several days I noticed my skin was softer and it did seem a little more firm than usual. I may have been reaping the benefits of good moisturizing treatment but I was pleasantly surprised.

This does provide a decent amount of moisture. It doesn't irritate chapped or burned skin like some other moisturizers I have used in the past. The moisturizer soaks in quickly and doesn't sit on top of the skin like some other agents I have used. The texture of this is creamy and wet but it's not unpleasant. It smooths on and a little bit goes a long way. While it moisturizes, this also seemed to tighten the skin around my nose and on my cheeks. It wasn't a drastic change but I did notice things seemed to feel smoother and firmer after a week or two of use.

Ease of Application
    This is very easy to apply. I use the dabbing method of applying just a few finger tip dabs around the area to be moisturized and then gently blotting it in. The key to getting the most out of this moisturizer is realizing a little bit goes a long way. If you use too much, this won't soak in like it's supposed to.

I like the scent of this. It has a nice lotion and citrus scent that is pleasant to the nose and on the skin.

• Ease of Application:

Gives my face firmness again!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

My face has lost a lot of its elasticity with age, I am not as firm as I used to be and I have noticed that it does not just spring back into place when it is touched like it did when I was a lot younger. I wanted to find something that was going to make my face firm back up without making me break out or have problems with my skin since it is really sensitive. I started using this St. Ives product and within one use of it I could tell that my skin felt like it had tightened up. I put it on and rubbed it in and after about ten minutes I could actually feel like something on my face was tightening up. It does not have any scent to it, but it doesn't really need one. I kept using this for a week and I was so happy to see that my face was nice and smooth and so many of the fine lines that had been a problem were gone and now filled in and full and my skin had this bounce back to it that I had lost before. I use it everyday now and it has made such a huge difference and my skin is so much healthier and younger looking.

• Ease of Application:

Great scent and moisturizes well

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

Overall I am extremely impressed with the quality of St. Ives collagen elastin facial moisturizer. First of all I love that this facial moisturizer is so convenient to purchase. I bought mine right from the local drugstore. It was also a really great price. When you buy facial moisturizers from the department store they are very expensive and I really felt that the quality of this particular facial moisturizer was just as good as any other I had purchased at a department store. I love that it kept my skin hydrated and smooth. It also smelled really lovely. I would highly reccomend this facial moisturizer. I also found several coupons for this product so it made it even more affordable.

A highly effective product. It kept my skin moisturized.

Ease of Application
    This facial moisturizer is extremely easy to apply. I like to apply mine after using a gental facial cleanser.

The scent was light and good.

Not for me

• Ease of Application:

Keeps my skin healthy & hydrated

from LaPlace, LA

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

I bought this product for the 1st time when I was in college. It was on sale and I was poor so it seemed like a logical choice. I am so glad I did. I've been using it for quite a few years now and have no desire to change. I've bought other (fancier) products here and there but I always come back to this one. I have combination skin so I have to be careful otherwise my skin will feel oily. I've never had that issue with this product. I use it at night after I shower.

It is a thick lotion but its not heavy. The texture almost reminds me of cold creme (my grandma used to use that on me after my dance recitals). When you first put it on it seems oily but it soaks in fast and leave your skin soft and healthy looking. I am fairly certain this lotion is what helps keep me looking much younger than I am...that and good genes, of course.

Its a great price for the amount you get. I only use a dab to cover my whole face so it lasts me quite some time. I would recommend this to anyone. Especially those who don't like that oily feeling others lotions leave on your skin.

I haven't found another lotion that makes my skin look and feel as healthy as this does. I even got my mom to start using this and she loves it also.

Ease of Application
    It is in a tub so you can grab as much or as little as you want. Some may think a pump would be easier but I don't mind the tub. You really don't need much unless your skin is really dry. It goes on easily and soaks in quickly.

It has a wonderful light floral scent. Not strong but pleasant and relaxing.

Younger skin in seconds!

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

I don't have wrinkles or fine lines, but this product works to help my skin look younger. Whenever I use this moisturizer, my skin always ends up looking extra supple and healthy. It glows, not from oiliness or greasiness, but from healthy moisture.

I love using this product at night because, when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks incredible. I have acne scarring, and this product somehow helps my scars to look less visible while I'm wearing this moisturizer. It doesn't fade them permanently, but it somehow blurs them.

I find this product to be too heavy to wear underneath makeup during the day. It makes my skin too slippery, which makes my makeup slide off. However, it works perfectly as a sort of night cream.

I highly recommend this product if you're looking for something to use as a overnight moisturizer. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. Instead, it leaves my skin looking like a supermodel's.

• Ease of Application:

This is my favorite facial moisturizer.

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

What originally drew me to try St. Ives Collagen and Elastin was its lower price than many of the other moisturizers on the market. I didn't have high expectations for it at the time and was quite surprised...
    I absolutely love the scent of this facial cream, but aesthetics aside, St. Ives has created a stellar product in their collagen moisturizer. Its texture is light and a little bit goes a long way. I like using it on face, neck and my upper chest and have had NO problems with clogged pores or acne.
    It IS a product I believe in and would recommend to anyone.

My skin feels wonderful. St Ives does a great job in keeping my face soft and smooth to the touch without feeling heavy. I don't think a girl can ask for much more than this.

Ease of Application
    I love this tub of moisturizer! The cream is not too think, not too runny and smooths nicely into my face, neck and shoulders.

The scent of St. Ives Collagen Elastin facial moisturizer has got to be one of my favorite scents of all the facial care products I've ever tried. It is that nice.

• Ease of Application:

My skin says Ahh when I use this product!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer:

Being a person that is always on the hunt for new and improved products for the skin. I started using this product, partly because I love the brand products, but more because I want to improve the texture of my skin. I love this, as it leaves my skin very supple and plump looking. I have noticed a huge difference in the tone of my skin since I began using this product. It is well worth trying it, and it won't break the bank.

So far I am impressed with this product. It has done wonders for my skin and the elasticity of my skin. I am seeing very subtle but noticeable differences to my skin, specifically in the cheek areas, where I have experiences the most noticeable age related changes.

Ease of Application
    Very easy to apply. I usually apply a great deal of it on my face, as it soaks it up.

It has a wonderful scent. It is not overbearing or irritating to the nose. It smells lightly of lilac and roses, very pretty fragrance.