Other Facial Moisturizers:
Moisturizers for Combination Skin
Olay
Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion

Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion

Pros

• Goes on smoothly (6)
  • Absorbs quickly (5)
  • Moisturizes well (5)
  • Long lasting (4)
  • Not greasy (4)

• After shower/bath (4)
  • Deep moisturization (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (5)

Back around to where I started

Oil of Olay Complete is the same product I was using when I was a teeanager. Sunscreen has been added. There may be other changes that I can't tell, but it is basically the same. It worked really well then, and it does now as well. I spent several years trying other things. I spent a lot of time using Lancome products and they do feel very nice, but they are oily. This fall I was traveling in the desert. I didn't get my moisturizer into my suitcase. My skin was very dry and I didn't want to purchase the expensive replacement so it was off to Target for Oil of Olay. I wondered why I ever stopped using it. It moisturizes well. There is no residue. It has sunscreen and it is priced well. Olay has many newer products that resemble those high end department store poducts now. I'm happy with the old standard.

Good with make up

The Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion has been the lotion I've been using for 2 years and I've noticed that it goes really well with pressed powders and powder foundations,but not other liquids! It does come off very easily with sweat though so just keep that in mind. I have dry skin and this lotion helps!

Decent

from Chicago

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly

Cons

• Not Long-Lasting

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

More pros- has spf, available at all drugstores, relatively affordable
Cons- i genuinely feel as f this breaks me out and clogs my pores. The spf ingredient also leaves a white cast on my face

Buy this product again

from Pheonix

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Softens Skin

• Bedtime
    • Dry/Chapped Skin

Gr8 product for sensitive skin

I love oil of olay products.

from Honaker, VA

About Me Brand Buyer, Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Smells Great

• Bedtime
      • Dry/Chapped Skin
      • Winter Dryness

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

I have used this brand for 15-20 years. I love it. I get compliments on my skin all the time.

Good lotion.

from NY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Not Greasy

Cons

• Expensive

• Make up Primer

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

Really like this product. Is overpriced . Often I buy the generic unless I have a coupon. I use it as a primer for my foundation. Goes on smooth and is light but not watery. Works well on my combination skin

Dermatologist recommended

from So. California

About Me Brand Buyer, Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Not Greasy
      • Smells Great

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

I have extremely sensitive skin and it gets red when I'm exposed to the sun too long. My dermatologist recommended the sensitive skin facial lotion. I've used this product for years now all the women in my family use Oil of Olay.

Works as a moisturizer and a sunscreen!

from Orange County, CA

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
        • Not Greasy

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

I started keeping this lotion in my PE locker at school for sunny days because I tend to burn easily. I've never been a big fan of lotion because I don't like the slick, greasy feeling that it leaves on my skin.
            I used this lotion about once a week and it effectively protected me from sunburn. But my friends took an even stronger liking to it -- they used it as a moisturizer on their legs to prevent ashy knees. One of them even asked where I had purchased the lotion, so she could get a bottle for herself!
            The lotion does not have a strong fragrance, meaning it can be used for either girls or guys. It is very versatile, providing moisture but not making the skin greasy. As a teenager, I am able to use it on my face without having breakouts.

Perfect skin

from Fresno, CA 93703

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
            • Moisturizes Well
            • Softens Skin

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

I've been using this moisturizer for a few months now and I love it. A little bit goes a long way and there is a ton in the bottle, so it will last quite some time. When using this moisturizer my foundation practically glides on and I don't have to use much primer at all. It also does a nice job of keeping my normally fine skin from itching too much due to winter dryness.
              I almost want to say I've been getting fewer or that the sensitive skin formula doesn't make a difference.
              It also works as a great eye makeup remover as well.

My #1 beauty product

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

This is my #1, can't-live-without, if-I-was-stranded-on-a-desert-island pick for a beauty product. I started using it as a teenager because it's what my mom uses (the unscented version, though) and I've used it religiously ever since: when I wake up, before putting on makeup, after a shower, before bed, etc. I get compliments on my skin all the time, so clearly it works. I seriously can't live without it. My skin is super soft and smooth, and this lotion is really soothing especially after a day of heavy makeup or a harsher cleanser. Like I said, I use the unscented version, but even the scented one isn't a very overpowering fragrance. The SPF protection is a great bonus--I rarely use sunscreen unless I'm at the beach, so it's good to know that I at least have a little protection on an everyday basis. My skin type is pretty normal, maybe "combination" at times, so I'm not sure how this would work for someone with very dry skin. (If I occasionally get some drier areas of skin, I tend to have to reapply a lot.)

• Ease of Application:

This is a great summertime moisturizer

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

I tend to get pretty dry skin, especially in the fall and winter months. I wouldnt recommend this for that time of year or if you have really dry skin. However, when my skin is normal this is a great preventative. I also like that it has SPF in it and goes on easy. You don't have to wait for it to soak. In either which is really nice when you're always on the go.

I think it's affective in being a light sunscreen. I am sure you could even mix it with your liquid foundation since its a thinner texture. I am not a big fan of the smell though. Also, if you accidently get it on your lips, it's incredibly bitter. I know those aren't huge complaints but, they may really bother some people.

Ease of Application
              It feels good on the skin and spreads evenly and I like that it's not too thick so, no complaints as far as how it goes on.

They could definitely improve on the scent. I have sensitive skin so, I am not looking for a fake perfume smell either. But, I would prefer a nice light scent or none at all!

• Ease of Application:

I like this SPF free option

from MI

Comments about Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion:

In my late teens and early-mid twenties, I used Olay and a couple other moisturizing products pretty much exclusively. It worked for me, and I never felt the need to change it up. Now that I'm older (thirties!) I don't feel like this product provided enough moisture for my dry skin.

That being said, back in the day, I really enjoyed using this product. I have switched back and forth between the Olay Complete All day moisture lotion with, and without the SPF, and I must say, I prefer this product as it does not contain the SPF.

The SPF product has a very "suncreen-y" scent that I just don't love having on my face all day, and, I also don't feel like I can wear it at night if it contains SPF.

This product is the perfect combination of moisture, for day or night, and it doesn't contain sunscreen, so it doesn't have that sunscreen scent. It absorbs into the skin nicely, without leaving you feeling greasy or shiny. It wears under makeup very nicely, and I do like this product. I still have a bottle in my cabinet for backup when my other moisturizers run out, and I don't mind using it, it just doesn't always seem to provide enough moisture for me anymore. However, in a pinch, I use it still and am happy with it.