4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

My Initial Reaction was "Wow!'

After applying **DHC Velvet Skin Coat**, my initial reaction was "wow, this really feels nice."  I'm used to makeup products promising the entire world but only delivering a small country.  In this case, DHC Velvet Skin Coat lived up to its promise.

**What is DHC Velvet Skin Coat?**

- Powdery gel primer used before applying foundation

- Skin softener that is not greasy or sticky

- Blocks excess oil so makeup stays fresh

- Leaves a smooth and "velvety" finish to skin

- Designed for all skin types

After washing my face, applying toner and a lightweight gel moisturizer, I smoothed a couple of drops of DHC Velvet on my skin.  My skin felt incredibly smooth--and most important for my oily/combination skin--not greasy.  I then dusted my Bare Minerals foundation over my face, which resulted in a fresh, air-brushed look.  Even after an evening out, my makeup held up better than it did before using DHC Velvet.

Overall, I am a big fan of **DHC Velvet Skin Coat** and I will definitely buy it again.  It's a great primer to prepare your face for foundation.

DHC Velvet Skin Coat "coated" my skin, but peeled off!

I have ordered quite a few products from DHC and loved most of them.  Their Balancing Lotion was a great toner for my combination skin.  The Velvet Skin Coat performed, However, just like many of the wrinkle fillers on the cosmetic/pharmaceutical market.  It would glide on initially, but begin to peel off when putting on foundation.  Velvet skin coat certainly is reasonably priced, but I believe Bliss Smooth upper lip did a better job in reducing the fine lines around my mouth and it is in the same price range.  I really want to maintain a youthful look, but I was not successful with DHC's Velvet Skin Coat's performance. Perhaps a new non-injectible form of some of the dermatologist grade fillers will be on the market soon.  I have tried many products over the past several years and do see some improvements, but my rating for DHC Velvet Skin Coat would not be above average.  I think giving it two stars is fair for this product which is available only through catalogue.  DHC does have some other excellent products I would recommend,

It does feel like Velvet!

from Herndon, VA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Bedtime
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I first received this as a sample and loved it so much that I bought the full size! DHC is a great skin care line. This truly makes your skin look velvety soft and matte. No geasiness or clogged pores here. It's not too rich, more like a light, soft hydration. I pair this with their cleansing oil at night first. My skin feels clean and soft, and doesn't break out. I do think it's worth the splurge ! People around me noticed an improvement in my skin after one use.

DHC Velvet Coat

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

This product is amazing! Not only does it keep moisture in my face, but my makeup goes on flawlessly .... and stays on!!! I would recommend this to every woman, especially those who are on the go and don't have time for "touch-ups" before an evening event. Try it and see for yourself!

• Ease of Application:

Makes skin silky and soft!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I received a sample of DHC Velvet Skin Coat in one of their catalogs years ago. It is a very nice product and I've purchased it a couple of times. However, it was still not perfect and I'm always trying new products to find the right one for me. It is fairly pricey and although it is a nice cream I really don't think it is worth buying exclusively.

It does make skin feel velvety smooth. I think makeup goes on well over this product. You do not need very much of this product to be effective. It worked well to eliminate my dry patches so you could not see them. Other creams and lotions I've used worked for a couple hours and then you could see flakes again. I didn't like using this in the summer. My skin is more oily in the summer and doesn't need very much extra moisture and this is a little rich.

This really doesn't have a strong scent. It is very light and smells neither pleasant or unpleasant.

Really Feels Like Velvet

from Cornwall ny 12518

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I had a sample of this cream and I tried it. I am sensitive to many products when it comes to makeup so I was not sure if it would be a benefit or not. My skin felt so hydrated and smooth and yes, it really feels like velvet skin as soon as you put it on. I am now a fan because it felt wonderful, no reaction such as redness or itchiness. I have purchased it now and it is so wonderful to feel secure each day when I apply it and not have to worry about any reactions or such. I have tried many, many different products and have never had such a wonderful, fresh feeling as when I applied this product.

Could not believe how the skin really felt like velvet. It was as soft as a baby's skin. What a wonderful feeling.

Ease of Application
    Went on so easy and you do not need to use alot of it, so it is well worth the price for how wonderful it makes you feel.

Really no scent to speak of-not like medicine or perfume, just fresh and clean.

Amazing!!

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I discovered this many years back and I have been using it until today. You call it a primer, a BB cream, a foundation, whatever, it just works amazing on my normal to dry skin. I usually do not wear any make up, and I just use toner+moisturizer+this DHC velvet skin coat, and my skin feels and looks perfect throughout the day. "Velvet" is really the perfect description of the touch of the skin after putting on. It does not make my skin flaky or dry. It last through out the day and does not make my T-zone oily. It also hadn't cause any breakout for me.

The only thing to watch out when using this is not to apply too much, because when I over applied, I started to have flaky skins on my cheek, and around my nose it starts to look and feel oily. I'd say this product is not best for very oily skin, as the texture is rather oily and moist itself. Highly recommended for dry skin!!!!

My only complaint is this stuff is a bit expensive for such a small tube. Sometimes I only use it as a spot or area treatment instead of using it for entire face, that way it lasts longer.

Amazing skin care product

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I received a catalog from DHC in the mail over 6 years ago. Normally I would throw such a catalog away but this one contained 4 samples. Since I love samples, I held on to the catalog and tried the samples. One of the samples was for DHC Velvet Skin Coat. There was just enough in the package for one application. But that one sample was all I took to make me a fan! First off, the texture was very smooth and yes, Velvety. It was easy to apply to my skin and it absorbed fast. It instantly worked wonders to even out my skin tone, make the bags under my eyes less noticeable and gave me a more matte like appearance. I have combination skin and this even did a good job at controlling the oily shiny look I often get as a result of having combination skin. This product also worked very well as a make up primer for me. I noticed that my make up stayed on longer. As a result of having combination skin, I often have to blot the excess oil off my face and along with it comes any make up that I have applied. After I ordered a full size tube of Velvet skin Coat, I noticed that I did not need to blot my face as much and my make up stayed put. I no longer had to re-apply it half way through my day. My fine lines were also less noticeable. This really is a great product. I tend to stock up on it when DHC has sales.

This product is great at evening out skin tone, making fine lines less visible, hiding dark circles and even works as a make up primer. It gives me a very smooth look. My skin looks great and is even less shiny.

Ease of Application
    This is very easy to use and it absorbs fast as you apply it.

Perfectly Primed!

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

Like many, I received a sample of DHC Velvet Skin Coat in a DHC catalog. I have used many face primers in the past, but none are like Velvet Skin Coat. Being able to use this product in the morning helps me get out of bed! Seriously! This product is AMAZING!
    Fine lines are filled in. Imperfections are fixed. Make up lasts longer. And, most importantly, your skin feels healthier! DHC Velvet Skin Coat is a miracle for those of all ages and all skin types!
    I cannot imagine where I would be if I did not receive a sample of this miracle in a tube from DHC years ago! It truly makes your skin look healthier and feel so velvety soft!

Ease of Application
    So easy to apply! Just rub on a clean, dry face. Wait a few seconds, and go on with your normal make up routine!

Very, very lightly scented. Cannot even notice it, if you do not try to smell it, which is perfect! I do not like to be smelling something I put on my face all day. It drives me crazy!

• Ease of Application:

Make your skin feel like velvet

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

I bought this a couple months ago and i was amazed at how good it actually worked for me. I usually have oily skin but i do have some dry spots (forehead, cheeks) and this did wonders for me. It didn't make the parts of my face more oily but it made the soft and it really hydrated the dry skin areas on my face. IT is kind of on the pricey side but to be honest a little goes a long way with this stuff. The smell is nice to its kinda of a clean perfume smell to it, which is pleasing. The texture is really cream but its not to thick that you can't easily spread it evenly across your face to get the most out of the product and to keep it going a long way. I usually use it twice a day depending on my skin and it still lasts a good month or two depending. I wold recommend this to anyone who is looking for a high end moisturizer for a decent price. Also this will be a good moisturizer for any skin type like oily, dry or combination of the two.

Velvet potion!

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

Okay, this is one of the most amazing primers out there. DHC Velvet Skin Coat really does make your skin feel like velvet, immediately upon application. It smooths over flaky dryness and preps the skin for makeup. If you have any, and I mean any, dry patches of rough, flaky skin, this primer will magically erase those dry patches with a layer of velvet. Whenever I used this product, applying my foundation was so much easier because it blended beautiful into my skin no matter how dry I was at the time. This is great product to have on hand during the harsh winter months when your skin is constantly being dried out. It's also nice to have for special occasions when you want to look your absolute best and don't want to have to worry about flaky patches messing up your look. You will look pretty flawless with DHC Velvet Skin Coat!

Works its magic immediately.

Ease of Application
    Easy to blend onto your skin.

Wow feels like velvet!

Comments about DHC Velvet Skin Coat:

The DHC Velvet Skin Coat really does make my face feel like velvet! I love this product so much and it really makes my skin so smooth and soft, without being greasy. I usually apply this near my eyes and I feel luxurious! This is a must have for every girl!