Other Washing Machines:

Pros

Cons

Best washer out there

Comments about SpeedQueen AWN542 Top Load Washer:

I got this washer a couple months ago. I love top loaders, but not the horrible new "energy efficient" ones that don't actually fill with water. The speed queen has a switch so you can manually override the fill control, and fill it to the top. Or you can tweak it pretty easily so it will do it automatically. I think it's the only top loader out there that still fills completely. It doesn't shred clothing, and I don't have to wash multiple tiny loads to get things clean, like I did with our Roper top loader. I also like that the controls are not computerized; no error messages or buttons that die.

Energy Efficiency
It may not appear energy efficient since it uses 30-40 gallons of water, but since it actually gets full loads clean by washing them in plenty of water, it saves time and electricity and water.

I've only had it a few months. But it has a three year warranty, two years longer than other washers.

• Cleaning Time:

A workhorse in the laundry room

Comments about SpeedQueen AWN542 Top Load Washer:

I have a family of 10 and do multiple loads of laundry every day. We had a top end Miele washer/dryer set and it failed within three years. Our Speed Queen is perfect for getting laundry done with no fuss. It is easy to use and can withstand the daily torture I put it through. I have done up to 10 loads a day with it and good old Queenie never complains. I think that it cleans clothes well and although it is not the most advanced washer on the market, it also does not have the costly repairs associated with those advanced machines. We use our washer and dryer more than most families, and as such heavy users, I feel as though we get a good picture of how appliances hold up. The Speed Queen has surpassed my expectations. We are seriously considering buying a second set because we have been so pleased with our first one. We have owned Maytag, Miele, and Whirlpool washers and dryers and Speed Queen has been our favorite.

My Speed Queen Washer

from Winfield, KS

Comments about SpeedQueen AWN542 Top Load Washer:

I went to buy a new washer & dryer set & I was considering a maytag set but the salesman told me that this speed queen washer & dryer set was as good as the other set I was considering. Now almost 7 years later its still running & washing our clothes top notch its been a great buy & would purchase again if needed.