Other Digital Cameras:

Pros

Cons

A nice camera.

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera years ago, maybe 4 years? I have used it A LOT! I brought it with me as I traveled through Europe and Mexico. After years of abuse, being thrown in bags , dropped, & going with me on countless nights of partying.. my camera is finally starting to show signs of wear.. I don't think any other camera would have survived this long. It's a great picture. Obviously very durable. I also like that its small enough to go in my pocket.

Great Features for great Photos

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

This camera takes great quality photos at an affordable price. It's simple to use point-and-shoot, but there are a lot of easy to use features and settings to take photos in all sorts of environments. It's a nice size as well, without being too huge. Good for a beginner or someone who wants unique photos without photography lessons. The settings are easy to use and you'll get photos that look like they were taken by a professional. An advanced photographer might think it is too simple however.

It seems durable, but as with any camera I would get a nice cushioned case for it.

Battery Life
Could be a little better. I'd get a spare battery if you plan on taking a ton of pictures at an event.

• Portability:

easy to use, handy little camera

from Waddell, AZ

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

Pretty good camera. I have trouble with red eye and have been over the internet and owners manual, but am still having trouble with it, but overall I am happy with it.

Image Quality
Image quality is good. I use it for on the go stuff when i dont want to lug around my big camera.

performs as expected for the type of camera it is

very easy to use. super user friendly

I carry it in a case in my purse and have had no problems with it

Battery Life
Battery lasts long enough for short vacations and day trips which is what i mostly use it for.

Portability
very portable. i keep it in my purse and hardly notice its in there.

• Portability:

a really good camera with really good pictures that turn out

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

I love my cyber shot camera its so much better than other ones I have had. I purchased this camera two years ago and have enjoyed it since. I like that it has a san disk in it so you can get the pictures on the computer easily. It has a small charger that too

• Portability:

Used Sony for several years,wish I could get pics onto computer!

from Irving, TX

My Sony has been to Australia, New Zeland, Costa Rica...could go on. I love it

Image Quality
Pics are good, wiith little effort

Excellent except while in Cozumel last week, with only the camera (no case) the battery died!

EZEEEEE

Battery Life
Last time not so good! But generally good.

VERY east

graet little camara

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

its a very good still camera , low light photos are a little too dark. overall the quality of the pictures are awesome

Image Quality
low light is ok not the best in all other aspects its a great little camara

great picture quality

easy to use multi- functions easy to read pics

Battery Life
good battery life can shoot alot of pics on a charge

Portability
small compact can carry in your pocket

Sony W230 Digital Camera is a great basic digital camera

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

I have had the Sony W230 Cybershot Digital Camera for about a year now.  I have really enjoyed having this digital camera.  It isn't the nicest/most expensive digital camera out there, but it does the job for me.  This digital camera has a nice big LCD screen for taking pictures and reviewing them after they have been taken. This camera has the option of saving the pictures in larger or smaller memory files.  So if you know you are only going to e-mail them out, than using less memory (on your camera and in the e-mail) is a great option.  It does have a lot of nice features like a timer and you can even take movies.  There are a lot more different settings, most of which I haven't explored too much since I am just a basic picture taker.  The camera comes with a small amount of memory but you have to purchase a memory card if you want the option of taking more than 10 pictures or about a minute of movie time.  Most of the pictures I have taken on this camera have turned out really clear, which is a bit more than I would expect from a camera in this price range. So if you are just a basic picture taker this digital camera is great and can usually be found at a good value.

Great Camera

from Warren, NJ

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

I bought the Cybershot W230 when I could not get a second W220 - virtually identical camera, slightly larger LCD, ended up with one for each child, and prefer them over my camera, a Canon thats a couple of years old.  Small, easy to use, and some great features that such as Face detection which is very useful, and software that will "make" smiles on peoples faces - that one is maybe not useful, but is a fun feature, particularly for the kids.

Great picture quality, when taking "serious" pictures!

Sony CyberShot is the best Camera

from Everett, WA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

I bought this three years ago on Christmas at Stupid Prices. I got a good deal on it but I have seen some lower deals on the web, like on amazon.com. In my opinion this digital camera is the best of all. It takes clear picture, with great accuriacy and allot of zoom. It has basicaly evrything you expect from a well worth digital camera plus even more. You get the extra features like smile and effects and the slideshow feature is the best I have ever seen on a digital camera. Sony is the most trusted electronics brand. They are the ones who made the Play Station with all the generations. Sony technology has made a stong impact on our daily living. I got a free memory card with my camera, but when you buy it elsewhere you get little memory. I love this camera, and it's so easy to use. You can't get lost, everything is there and easy to understand what functions there are and what you might need to use. Reccomed for everyone who is looking for a digital camera.

I couldn't live without my Sony Cybershot W230!!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W230 Digital Camera:

We have owned our Sony Cybershot W230 for a little over a year and it is has been a great camera.  The image quality is great with this camera.  I have taken our family pictures and had it blown up to an 11X14 and the picture is still clear.  I have also taken each of my 3 children's pictures and had them blown up to 8X10s and they are also clear.

The best feature on this camera is the smile recognition.  It is great because it will take the picture once it recognizes a smile.

I really like that it is small.  I can fit this camera in my pants pocket if I need too.  I usually just put it in its case and my case has a long strap that I can just hang around my neck.  The camera is so light it doesn't get in the way.

I love the viewing screen because it is so large.  You are really able to see clearly what you are taking a picture of.  This camera has been really easy to use.  I am not really tech savy and leave that up to my husband but I have even been able to figure out how to use some of the features on the camera.