Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Canon- the only brand I will buy

First of all, I LOVE Canon cameras!  I am a very organized, "get it done" person, and this is the camera for me.  The size is great- fits in a small purse.  The functions are easy to learn- very user friendly.  I loved how it was a very easy transition from my old Canon camera (with added features).  The pictures always turn out fantastic.  It's funny, because my family thinks I am a great photographer, but I know it's just the camera!  It tells you when it might be blurry, which is very nice to know- just change the light and you're set!  No blurrs on your perfect picture.  The color replacement feature is fun; the zoom is excellent; lots of fun timer options; the playback feature is nice (don't have to turn on the whole camera to see the playback pictures); video segments are long and clear; rechargeable battery is great (no more switching out Duracell batteries every couple weeks).  The thing I have found that works well is to have 2-3 batteries and then when the battery gets low, just switch it out.  Recharge whenever it's convenient, and then you're never upset you missed a picture.

The only almost-con is that the action button (the one that takes the picture), is set in further than other Canon cameras I've used.  Not necessarily bad, just something to get used to.

it's so so

I don't love this Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera but I don't hate it (though my husband does). It works the way it's supposed to, but really doesn't amaze me or take great pictures. It's slow - so it's hard to take a picture fast enough to capture a moment, especially if you have children.
Here's the pluses on this camera - it's lightweight, reasonably priced and has lasted me a long time. I even bought mine refurbished and now 4 years later it's still going strong. When it breaks though I won't be buying another one of them - I'm going to upgrade and get a "real" camera.
I think this camera is great for a very novice photographer, like a grandparent. Someone without a lot of expectations and who really doesn't need any bells or whistles. For a younger person who has grown up with cameras on their smart phones, this one probably won't impress at all. All in all, a decent cheap camera but nothing special.

Does the job, but better for outdoor use with good lighting.

from Kansas

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

I primarily stick with Cannon brand digital cameras because they are normally high quality while also having a low price. I have had the Canon Power Shot SD940 for over 4 years now. It gets less use now, due to having a good camera on my phone, but I still use it occasionally. I cannot remember how much I originally paid for this camera, but I know it was low priced. The camera is very simple to use, even for non-techy type people. The screen is large enough that you can easily see the pictures. My problem with this camera is the quality of the photos. It takes superb photos outside, with good lighting. However, when you try to use it indoors or in an area where the lighting is not great, the photos suck. They become very pixelated. I always felt like that aspect limited where I could actually use the camera.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good camera.

Image Quality
I found the image quality to be my primary problem with this camera. Often times the pictures would be pixelated, especially in lower lighting settings or indoors. Outside with plenty of light the camera took excellent quality photos.

I have had this camera for over 4 years and never had a single problem with it.

Very long battery life!

• Portability:

The Canon Power Shot is a great camera for at home use!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

I use my Canon Power Shot to take clear and up close photos for selling items on Ebay. Every little detail needs to show in these cases, and the Canon Power Shot does not let me down. It's very easy to use, and the battery lasts a great long time.

Image Quality
Love how clear and bright all the photos come out. Every thing is just perfect.

Easy to use. Does not break down. I've used and used mine, and it still works as well as it did the first day I bought it.

Love this camera! It is easy to use, and easy to understand the features.

I haven't been easy on this camera. I travel with it, and take it every where with me. So far, it had stood the test of time, and has caused me absolutely no problems!

Battery Life
I think that the battery life on the Canon Sure Shot is very good. I rarely have problems during shooting with a weak or dying battery. Recharging is simple and quick.

Portability
Nothing bad here. The Canon Sure Shot is lightweight and easy to take with you.

Canon Powershot

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

I just bought this canon powershot SD940 IS digital camera a couple months ago. I bought the pink one. It was a refurbished camera, but it's just as good as a new one.

Image Quality
The image quality isn't amazing, but it's pretty good for the price. I just like to take pictures of my kids, and it's great for that.

This camera is very easy to use. It doesn't have too many settings on it, and that's a plus. Some cameras have so many settings, and I can never figure them out. This is simple.

It's very durable. I've even dropped it once or twice, and it doesn't even have a scratch on it. It doesn't feel like a cheap camera either. It has a very sturdy and nice feel to it.

Battery Life
The battery life so far is great. I never let my battery get too low before I recharge it because I don't want it to be dead when I need it. It comes with a rechargeable battery, and a charger for the battery. That's one of my favorite things about it. You won't have to keep replacing batteries, and that saves a lot of money.

Portability
It's very portable because it's so small. It fits in my back pocket.

Wonderful camera!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

My husband and I have had this camera for a couple of years now and LOVE it. We had the previous model for a couple years and it started to act up and not work properly so we upgraded to this. The image quality is great! I LOVE that the screen is so big. Makes it easy to preview your picture after you take it. The battery life is pretty great too. However we did purchase a couple of back up batteries and we take them with us so if the battery dies we can easily pop in a new battery instead of having to go find a place to charge the battery. I would recommend getting an extra battery or two. This camera is user friendly. It's great for anyone who don't want something complicated. Also I LOVE how small the camera is! It fits great in your purse or pocket. It's super portable! The performance is great-- especially for the price! It's also pretty neat that it comes in different colors. Our previous camera was red and our newest one is black. You can't go wrong with this camera!

it's so so

from Banks, OR

Terrific Little Camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

I bought the Canon SD 940 to replace my Canon SD 790. I really liked my SD 790, but this camera is just super. Mostly, I wanted better night time pictures, which this one provides. But, it is much better in other ways too. I don't get the blurring with slight movement that I did with my SD 790. Also, the color is better and the pictures are clearer. It is so easy to transfer the pictures to my computer. I frequently transport the pictures I take into into presentations for classes. They come out clear, bright and vivid. I couldn't be happier with this camera.

Image Quality
Image quality is great. The smallest features on an image show up very well. I took a picture of a zinnia with water droplets on it. The vein in the petal underneath the water droplet can even be clearly seen.

Performs above my expectations.

The camera is not complicated at all. Simple for anyone to use.

I am careful with my camera, but even so, it does get knocked around a bit. It has never effected the quality of the pictures or the functioning of the camera.

Battery Life
Battery does not drain quickly at all.

Portability
Fits easily in a pocket or purse. Can take it anywhere with me.

Great quality photos

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

Best point and shoot camera for high quality photos and HD movies. It is easy to carry in a pocket, it is so tiny and can be easily carried and the 4x optical zoom helps to take long distance photos . The flash works well in low lighting photos and the red eye is eliminated . The lithium ion battery stays charged for a long time.The only disadvantage is the lcd screen in only 2.7 inches and i wish to have a touch screen , which is easy to use and makes life easy. The camera also have HDMI port which can be connected directly to the tv and view the videos and photos on the tv directly. The control buttons are small but easy to use. Overall i love this camera.

I looove this camera!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

Truly one of the best camera's that I've ever purchased. I love the image quality, the lightweight of the camera, and it's easy to use functions. It takes such great pictures even in low light. I can't say enough about canon powershot brand. I take this camera every where. It is extremely durable as well. Would definitely recommend to both beginners and advanced users.

• Portability:

Canon-powershot SD940 IS is awesome..

from Gaithersburg, MD

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

Canon is my trustworthy brand..and it keeping the promises through this product.i can take good quality images using this camera with tons of options..These good quality images are very easy to transfer to the computer and later to use in the email or printing..Even the night pictures also coming out really well..the battery life is pretty good compared to some other brands..it is also very easy use and carry all around..Love this camera..

Image Quality
Awesome image quality and gives great prints..

it works very well with all environment...

very easy to understand the directions and options..so easy handling..

durable

good battery life

easy to portable

• Portability:

good photo and video quality

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD940 IS Digital Camera:

i love this canon sd 940 digital camera, the photo and video quality are awesome and the sound also records very well . It will easily fits in the pocket and very light weight. It has 4x optical zoom and 12.1 mp and 720 hd video recording which makes it a perfect camera for anyone. i have lot of memories taken with this camera. The battery life is also very good .