Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Panasonic
Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5

Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5

I love this camera. Great value for the features.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

After much comparison shopping last year I chose this camera and have been very happy with it.  For the money, it has tons of features and is easily learned.  The biggest con is that the tripod connection is off to the left on the bottom of the camera, so it often won't stay on a smaller tripod on it's own.Love the video with sound, the SD chip and that you can use 3 different kinds of batteries with it.  I prefer my rechargables, but if they die on my while I'm on a trip it will use regular AA's.

An impressive compact camera with 6X zoom and Image Stabilizer

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

I own this camera for more than a year and consider it the best deal for a compact digital camera with 6X zoom and image stabilizer. Image quality is very good, optical image stabilizer works well. Video clip quality is particularly impressive. It is the best video I have seen in a digital camera. Battery life is almost unbelievably long if you use NiMH batteries. The design is compact enough to carry the camera in pocket. USB 1.1 interface is slow for this type of camera. There are plenty of options, menu is easy to learn and navigate.

Incredible Camera for the price!

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

A few years ago, I was going on vacation to Acadia National Park in Maine and decided that my first generation digital camera just would not cut it any longer.  I did not have the money to go after a digital SLR, so I set out to find a reasonably priced replacement to the camera I had at the time.

I already had a television that was Panasonic and had been blown away by my limited experience with Panasonic's products.  So, when I saw the price and reviews on this camera, I jumped on it!

For the megapixel range on this, I cannot imagine finding a better product.  My buddy, whose parents are both photographers, was amazed at how much better my pictures were than his.  And he had a much more expensive point and shoot.

One of the negatives is the screen appearance.  A lot of times, I will look at the picture on the screen and think it is not that good.  Then, I'll put the memory card in my laptop and be surprised to find the pictures were much better than appeared on the camera display.

It also eats through batteries pretty quickly, but I am not experienced enough to know if this is any more than usual with similar models.

If it is in the price range you're looking for, buy it!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5 is a great deal for the money

from Inman, SC

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5 is easy to use, and not very expensive.  The zoom and other features are easy to understand and work.  It is lightweight and it fits in your hand easily.  It isn't bulky like othe rcameras.  The picture quality is excellent.  A great gift for a student, or other family member or friend.

Nice Point and Shoot

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

I have had my Panasonic LZ5 for a while now and have taken hundreds of pictures. This is an eay to use camera for the technically challenged. Good sharp pictures and enough optical zoom to get good shots from far away. Image is stablized for those long zoom shots not becoming blurred. Good battery life and picture quality except be careful of lens flare on bright sunny days with a high sun...many of your pictures may come out with a vertical line down the whole picture.

Takes really clear pictures.

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-LZ5:

I really like this camera.  It takes really great photos and is fairly easy to use.  There are still some features I need to learn more about but overall it is very user friendly.

I will say that when I first started taking pictures I didn't realize that I had to change the size of the picture in order for my pictures not to be cropped when I send them to get printed off.  This was annoying at first but I realized it was as easy as putting the camera in simple mode.  That option allowed me to choose what size I wanted my pictures to be so this doesn't happen anymore.