Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Nice pictures

Nice litle cam and i like the pics. they are a nice quality and it is easy to use .

There are lots of options and i read amny reviews including the...Read complete review

There are lots of options and i read amny reviews including the foloowing models;

Pro Kodak DC260 Kodak DC260 Pro Kodak DC265 Kodak DC280 Zoom Kodak DC290 Zoom Kodak Prizm XLX Kodak DC3400 Kodak DC3500 Kodak DC3600 Kodak DC3800 Kodak DC4800 Kodak DC5000 Kodak DC80 Kodak DX3500 Kodak DX3600 Kodak DX3900 Kodak DX4900 Kodak DX9900 Zoom Kodak DCS Pro Back 645 Kodak DCS Pro Back Plus Kodak DCS Pro 14n Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c Konica Minolta DiMAGE 3D 1500 Konica Minolta DiMAGE EX 1500 Konica Minolta RD 2300 Konica Minolta RD 2300 Zoom Konica Minolta DiMAGE RD 3000 Konica Minolta DiMAGE 2330 Konica Minolta DiMAGE 2330 Zoom Konica Minolta DiMAGE 5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE 7i Konica Minolta DiMAGE S304 Konica Minolta DiMAGE S404 Konica Minolta DiMAGE E201 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Konica DG-1 KonicaQ-Mini Nikon Coolpix 700 Nikon Coolpix 750 Nikon Coolpix 775 Nikon Coolpix 800 Nikon Coolpix 885 Nikon Coolpix 900 Nikon Coolpix 910 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon Coolpix 2100 Nikon Coolpix 2500 Nikon Coolpix 3100 Nikon Coolpix 4300 Nikon Coolpix 4500 Nikon Coolpix 5000 Nikon Coolpix 5400 Nikon Coolpix 5700 Nikon Coolpix 8700 Nikon Coolpix SQ Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X Nikon D3X Nikon D100 Nikon SB E600 Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nisis Pocket DV5 digital video camera Olympus C-2500L Olympus E-10 Olympus E-100 RS Olympus E-20N Olympus E-30

Olympus CAMEDIA C-5050 Zoom Olympus CAMEDIA C-5060 Zoom Olympus E-1 Digital SLR Olympus E-3 Digital SLR Olympus E-300 Digital SLR Olympus E-400 Digital SLR Olympus E-410 Digital SLR Olympus E-420 Digital SLR Olympus E-500 Digital SLR Olympus E-510 Digital SLR

I felt compared to the above this camera was best hands down!

Love my Canon Powershot!

This was our second camera, sort of a back up. It ended up being our primary use camera because it was SO easy to just keep in in my purse, and suddenly it was at the aquarium with us when we wanted that pic, or wherever we were. Technically I think our larger camera took slightly better pictures, (literally barely noticeable, it was just better in dark conditions) but what is the point in getting better pics if we never bother to haul it around with us?! We ended up using the power shot ALL the time, because it was so convenient. With the wrist strap it was also easy to just have it out, while walking around Disneyworld (or wherever) without having to put it away and then missing the next shot. That being said, the thing did die on our trip to Disneyworld, so we ended up having to borrow one to get pics of our kids with mickey. Not sure what happenned, it just says "lens failure" and won't do anything at all. I am very sad over the loss, as I said it was a GREAT camera

Always wanted to buy Canon.

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera is the first camera my husband and I purchased together. When we talk about cameras, Canon is the brand to go for, no doubt in that. Though they are expensive but it is a one time buy, one doesn't end up buying cameras on daily basis. We did a lot of online and in store research before finalizing this purchase, There were quite a few features it has which we really liked. To start with, Canon's HS System is on board for spectacular performance and image quality in low light that we have not experienced in the ones we had in the past respectively. The videos can be shot blur free and that too close up. Another excellent feature is these 720p HD videos could be played by connecting into HDMI port of your HDTV. Neither my husband nor I are too good at photography but shooting with this camera gives a professional feel, thanks to the professional-style control ring for intuitive manual control. Though we do not use this camera that often now (thanks to the smartphone) this has been the best digital camera so far.

Best Camera Ever!!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

Oh my goodness. This is the best camera ever! I got this as a college graduation gift. I have had it for 3 years now. It takes beautiful pictures that are so clear. It can zoom up close very well. Pictures taken very close up come out surprisingly clear. I have gotten so many compliments for the pictures I have taken and about my camera. Every says, "Wow, you've got a nice camera." It looks like a small camera but it takes amazing pictures. It also has many features such as timing pictures and organizing them. It also has a setting of sensing when individuals are blinking during the picture. The camera comes with a rechargeable battery and battery recharger. I carry the small recharger wherever I go with my camera just in case my battery gives out. That alone saves so much money. This is one of the best gifts I have every received and the pictures/movies I have taken has captured so many beautiful memories.

Excellent camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

Love this thing. Very easy to use.

Image Quality
Great photos

Battery Life
Battery life is OK, but better than a lot of other cameras. Just buy an additional battery and it makes this camera almost perfect.

Portability
This camera is very small and portable. Very easy to throw in a bag and it will always be with you.

Exactly what I needed

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

I bought this little digital camera for times when I wanted to carry a camera but did not want to pack my entire digital SLR and all its lenses. There have been situations when it is much better to simply take one little point-and-shoot, and I had been needing something to fill that gap. This PowerShot S95 does EXACTLY what I have been looking for! The image quality is incredible, with the colors, focus, clarity and tones all looking great on the computer and in prints. It is small enough to fit inside my pocket or purse without too much effort, and the rechargeable battery inside it lasts a really long time before needing to be plugged in again. I like that it has the option to either use it on full auto or to use some of the more manual controls. I like to customize the exposures, since I am more familiar with photography, but if I want to hand the camera to my husband or mother to use, I can easily switch it over into automatic mode for them.

Great camera

from Oxford, CT

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

Before purchasing this camera I did a lot of research. I have owned many digital cameras over the years and love to upgrade them. I did read a lot of negative reviews on this camera that I would definitely have to disagree with. I think many of the negative reviews are from people with unrealistic expectations for a camera at it's price. I really like that the body is slightly slimmer but is still a little too much for my pants pockets. I would rather keep it in a protective case anyways. There are now stereo mics in the front below the lens which is nice. It is definitely better than the last model of this camera. It is not too difficult to learn how to use and takes excellent photos. This camera shoots JPEG photos as well as raw photos which is an awesome option to have. Battery life is not bad, and the included charger is travel friendly with folding prongs. I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.

Great little camera

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

I have owned two Canon dSLR cameras (the Rebel XSi and the 5D Mark ii, which is what I use currently), and while I love them, they're not always practical to bring along (especially the 5D--it is LARGE.). Enter the Canon PowerShot S95 digital camera. It is truly pocket-size, but packs a lot of quality in its small frame. I heard about it from two of my photographer friends who always take gorgeous photos--both of them own this camera, and I looked into the reviews (nearly all glowing) and bought one for myself. The colors are very vibrant (at times, admittedly, a bit too vibrant), the focus is always spot on, and it's easy to use. For those who like to have more control, there are easily accessible manual options. My sister has the newer model (the S100), and the only major difference I've noticed is that hers has GPS data encoded in the pictures. The LCD screen on the back of the camera is large and bright. I love having a small camera I can carry in my pocket that also takes awesome pictures.

• Portability:

Brought this for my year of weddings.

from 6478

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

Last year I had 4 weddings, 4 wedding showers and 2 baby showers to attend. I wanted a camera with a little more power to capture these amazing moments in my friends lives. This camera still have the benefit of being smaller and not like an SLR but more of a compact camera. It also takes beautiful photos and is very easy to use. It is like most of their power shot cameras, but has other features as well. I found this camera to do exactly what i wanted it to do when i used it. I think in a world that is filled with camera phones, this camera does not disappoint. Yes, it may not be a built in feature to your phone, but it is a camera and that alone is very powerful. I think canon is at the same level as nikon as far as picture quality and this line of cameras proves it. As for the pictures that i took at the weddings, wedding showers, and baby showers they came out great. This camera is worth the hype and the price tag.

Small and portable.

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

This Canon PowerShot was a replacement for my old point and shoot Canon. I've been a fan of Canon products for long, and I was not disappointed with the pictures that this one took. The pictures of course were in a point and shoot quality, but it was higher up there that most other point and shoot pictures. The images were bright and in the natural sunlight colors were vibrant and vivid. The camera is durable and has withstanded more than a few drops from me and my children. The camera is capable of recording HD 720p videos which is definitely a plus. The thing I love the most about it is that it is so tiny. It is literally smaller than my smart phone. This camera fits in your pocket and can go everywhere with you. It is easy to use and the battery life is excellent. I love Canon cameras and after having this camera my love still burns strongly for their products. My next camera will definitely be a Canon.

• Portability:

Takes good photos for a cheaper price

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

This camera is small and light weight. It fits easily in my purse or even my pocket if I am not carrying a case for it. It is fairly easy to use overall. The manual is helpful when setting things up and figuring out where certain settings are. I like that there is a setting for manual that you can force the flash on photos. The quality of the photos that I have taken has been great and turn out well on my computer or when I print them out. The only issue that I have is that the shutter speed isn't quite quick enough for capturing my children's smiles. It is pretty good, but with fast moving kids, I would prefer a faster shutter speed. Otherwise, the camera seems durable and has lasted through several falls to the floor and still works great. There are a lot of settings which is nice to be able to try different types of photos and getting that perfect shot. The zoom is good too. I can still get a non-blurry photo even when I am zoomed. Also, the image stabilization is excellent!

• Portability:

Small, handy camera takes clear shots

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Canon - PowerShot S95 Digital Camera:

This point-and-shoot camera takes really nice photos. It's packed with features, though honestly you'll probably never need or want to use most of them. One of the best is the zoom because you can get excellent close-up shots of distant items or scenery. You can also get yourself in a photo by setting the self-timer. My camera has picked up a few nicks and dings from being bounced around in my bag, but it still works fine. If it fits into your budget, it's a good buy.