Other Digital Cameras:

Cons

Great inexpensive camera!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

I have used the Sony Cyber-shot 10.1 DSC for several years now and it has never failed me. This camera has video function, but I never use it because it consumes too much of my memory card. The display screen on the camera is very sensitive to light and darkness. The picture is very grainy even when it's focused on the screen, but that doesn't affect the picture quality. The picture taking process takes about 3-4 seconds. Once I click the shutter button it loses and regains focus before taking a picture. The picture quality is very good to me, but I know that it's not on par with my Cannon. This camera takes good enough pictures that I don't need to bring my expensive camera every place and if I lost it I would only be losing pictures from that day. The only problem I have with this camera is that the battery will drain down rather I use it or not. I will continue to use the Sony Cyber-shot for years to come regardless of technology advancements because it does a good job with minimal upkeep.

Love my camera!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

I love my Sony Cyber Shot! It's got 16.2 megapixels and a 30x optical zoom! The pictures come out beautiful and clear, no matter how far I'm zoomed in. Although it's a point and shoot camera, it looks like a digital SLR camera and actually has a switch near the lens that can be flipped if you want to focus it yourself instead of having the camera do it for you. I've never used the switch, I like that the camera puts everything into focus for me, but I was thinking of taking a photography class so I suppose it would be useful for that.
It also has a screen that tilts so that you can take pictures above or below you easily! It's such a cool feature!

Image Quality
I have yet to take a bad picture with this camera!

There was a vulture on my neighbor's roof, that's not common where we live so I decided to zoom in and take a picture of the bird from my front porch. Even at that distance, the picture looks like I was perched up there with the bird taking it's picture!

Very simple to use, easy to understand directions.

Battery Life
The battery lasts a very long time. I haven't had it die on me when I've needed it yet!

Portability
It comes with a neck strap and lens cover, I purchased a small camera bag separately.

• Portability:

Cybershot great camera - almost too many features

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

We had a Sony Cybershot for many years and loved how easy it was to use. When we decided to replace it, we got the current version because we were so happy with the old one. We were disappointed that the new camera has a different size battery and memory card. But it takes a great picture and has some fun new features that we are trying to figure out how to use.

Not quite as user friendly as older models

Sony Cybershots - A Good Digital Camera

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

I am a big fan of the Sony Cybershot point and shoot cameras. I used several models in the school system where I was employed, and even used one in a digital camera class. The camera captured some excellent scenes, and I was especially impressed with the depth perception in some of the landscape scenes that I shot. I bought a pocket Sony Cybershot to supplement my digital SLR camera. Overall, I am pleased with it, but wish I had spent more to get a stronger digital zoom.

Image Quality
Overall, image quality is good in all models, but it definitely better in some of the larger point and shoots versus the pocket cameras.

Battery Life
Rechargeable batteries are the only option for the Sony cameras I have used; I usually buy additional batteries and try to keep an additional charged battery with me for special occasions or when on vacation.

• Portability:

This camera is easy to use for the amateur photographer

from Canterbury, CT

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

I love this camera! We purchased it before taking our grandchildren to Disney/ Universal/ Kennedy Space Center! It needed to be quick to set up and use in all lighting/ circumstances! It lived up to its promise and the price is right! Battery life and transfer to computer is simple and quick to use as well! I would definitely recommend this camers to anyone looking for a mid-price camera!

• Portability:

The best digital camera I own.

from Ferndale, WA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

My Mom loves her Sony Cybershot size , low cost and how easy it is to use. She thought I would like it so she gave me one as a present. I have found it a very enjoyable camera to use and take it with me everywhere I go. The photos download into my computer with no problem.

It takes excellent pictures but the battery life is horrible.

from Covington, GA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

This camera takes excellent pictures. The quality of the pictures are outstanding. It is very easy to use and navigate. This camera includes rechargeable batteries. However, the batteries do not have a long life. You can use regualar batteries but they do not last very long either.

I love my camera

from Bay City, TX

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

This camera is easy to use and easy to handle. The photographs are beautiful. They really come out focused and looking great. I take a lot of pictures of my dogs that move around a lot (they refuse to stay still for a picture) but the picture still comes out great. I've had the camera for quite a while now. I hope they still make this brand so you can get one.

Okay product, but not that great.

from Miami, FL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

overall, the sony cybershot is an okay camera. I would recommend it to my friends, but I would encourage them to get a Canon first. I purchased this camera by accident. I was aiming for a Canon, but they were out, so I took the Sony, but I do not regret it. I just know that I could have done better.

I love this camera! Great photos, light and easy to carry around

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot Digital Cameras:

I travel on a weekly basis for work and pleasure. I love this camera bacause it is easy to use and very lightweight. Downloading photos is easy. I am amzed by the quality of the photos and am often complimented on how nice my pictures look. I am going to buy one of these for my mom and a christmas gift this year because I know that she will be able to use it even though she is not a techie.