Other Digital Cameras:

Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Camera is excellent

I like this camera because it is nice in model wise and I like it because it has a high mega-pixel 10.1 and it has a 3x optical zoom. This camera is easy to use and fun to use, I like how it is a decent size which is small because I don't like things to be bulky and take a lot of room especially in my purse, because I use a small purse and if it takes a lot of room I wont take it with me so size wise its great. When I first used my camera I was just testing it and I used it in my dark room and took it then I went back to the menu to see the picture and it came out very clear like if there was light in the room and it amazed me because my room was pitch black dark and the quality came out very clear, I also like the option it has that it wont take a picture unless the person smiles in the picture I think that is pretty cool, also it has a lot more features you can use but Im the type of person that likes to use the easy features plus I worry about moving something Im not suppose to and don't want to mess up anything lol ..

Great camera for outdoors

I am a bit on the fence about this camera. I bought it for taking pictures of the kids and in those times I usually have to click fast or I miss the opportunity for an unforgettable picture, or the kids will give me a fake smile. This camera is definitely not for those moments. It doesn't have a quick response when it comes to auto focus, the pictures come out blurry and aren't impressive at all. I had given up on the camera and put it away in a closet because the pictures in low lighting are even worse. I really expected more from Sony. But a few months after buying the camera I started taking a painting course, and a lot of the classes are outside with local scenery being our inspiration. So I did find a use for the camera after all. I use it to snap shots of outside scenery when I see something that really catches my eye. It takes a decent picture outside if I am still with the camera and let it focus in on what I want to take a picture of.

Image Quality
It's okay for outside pictures when the camera is held still and has a chance to focus.

It takes too long to focus in most situations.

Great camera for outdoors

from Columbus, OH

Image Quality

It takes too long to focus in most situations.

We had to upgrade from our Sony Cybershot

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

We had a Sony Cybershot for several years before finally upgrading to a Nikon digital camera. We took the Sony Cybershot on our honeymoon to St. Thomas, and I was very disappointed with the quality of the pictures. They were very grainy looking and just overall very poor quality. We also used this camera for when we had our son up until he was about one. If your subject is sitting still and cooperating with you, then this camera will take okay pictures. But my son rarely stopped and we got a lot of pictures of the back of his head or a blur. So that is why we decided to upgrade. The screen to review the pictures is very small, so that is why I think we couldn't tell that our pictures weren't turning out that great. I wouldn't recommend this camera as one that you can depend on to take high-quality photos.

This camera is very easy to use. Just point and shoot and your picture is taken. But it does sometimes take awhile for the flash to actually go off.

Portability
One thing that I miss about our small Sony Cybershot is that it can easily just fit in your pocket!

• Portability:

Great quick and easy camera

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

I got this sony cybershot as a Christmas gift last year . I love the way it has the smile detection makes it capture those great smiles quickly. The cybershot is small so it's easy to carry around. Not a bulky With 10mega pixels it makes the picture quality nice. Also takes great video too. Great for special occasions and easy enough for my kids to use it too when they go to their parties. Great upgrade from the kodak I had before .

• Portability:

This camera takes clear, crisp, colorful pictures :)

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

As an amateur and casual photographer, I have found this camera to meet and exceed my needs. It has taken pictures of the outdoors (snow, flood pics, & other outdoor pics) and beautiful family pictures. It has captured smiles and happiness!! And it has captured seriousness!! The pictures are true to color and brillant. The color are clear without red eye. Need I say more??? I am very pleased with this camera, and I am still using this camera!!

Good camera

from Saint George, UT

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

I was given this camera as a gift, it wasn't my first choice but for quality and price it was a good purchase. I don't use it as my main camera since I do have a DSLR which I prefer but don't take it everywhere because it's so bulky.

I like that this camera is so easy to use for point and shoot pictures and videos. I usually carry it with me everywhere I go, I just keep it in my purse, it's small and lightweight. This camera also has a bigger screen than a lot of other cameras, it's nice to be able to see the pictures a little bit better.

The menu, features and settings are so easy to change and navigate through. I don't like that it uses a memory stick instead of a SD card, I struggle putting it and out of my laptop's build in card reader. The battery has also started to loose power very quickly now. It seems like I've had to charge it very often lately. Overall, for price and quality I do recommend it.

SONY Camera- Its just perfect

from Lombard, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

We got this for our Orlando trip and I think this camera is just perfect.  It is very easy to oprate, the disply is good. It is very handy and can be carried in pocket also.  The looks are also good and after all it takes great pictures. The battery charge also stays for longer. So i think it is perfect camera for a trip as it is easy to carry and the battery also stays for a long. The pictures taken by the camera are so fresh and clear. The video capture is also good. We recorded some clips they were also too good. Its a perfect camera for a trip.

Great Picture Quality

from Calera, AL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for close to a year and have put it to the test on many occasions. I have to say that, for the most part, it has done extremely well. This is the first sony camera I've had that has done well at night time, meaning that it doesn't blur dramatically.

We took this camera to Vegas and Hawaii and it did very well with night shots of the strip and day shots in the desert in high sun without having a high light saturation. Also, Hawaii it did very well capturing the deep blue of the water and even some of the videos I took came out well. The only issue with the video was the microphone picked up a lot of wind noise but that was to be expected.

For the price, you cannot beat this camera.

An Okay Camera

from Preston, ID

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera a few years ago on a black friday sale.  I was not being very picky in what I was looking for.  I just knew that I wanted some kind of digital camera that was not going to cost an exteme amount of money.  Up to this point, I have liked this camera okay.  I must say that the camera does not take the best quality pictures, but it does do the job.  I just recently bought a much nicer camera because I had my first baby a year ago and wanted better pictures.  I got sick of having to take a million pictures to get one that was nont blury at all and actually turned out good.  My new camera is much bigger and has changeable lenses; so it is not as convenient to take along with me.  Therefore, I do use this camera still some.  I do like that it has a video option on it.  The video is actually what I use the camera most for since I don't have a camcorder.  It actually takes pretty good video and even records audio.

Not in love with this Sony Cybershot's performance

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

We got this on a whim one day when we needed a camera to take to a sporting event.  I think we bought it just because we had heard the name so many times in various ads.  I have regretted this purchase ever since.  The pictures are blurry and this camera takes so long to get a picture, that it's hard to get my kids to stay still long enough to get anything good!  The red-eye detector doesn't seem to live up to the expectations I had for it.  I also think the camera was somewhat difficult to learn how to use.  Once I figured out the movie part, I enjoyed taking movies of my kids' sporting events more that I enjoy taking regular snap-shots -- again, likely because my snap shots get so blurry.  I enjoy the small size and the fact that the screen on the back is so big but I had to buy a memory card to go with it, and I also had to buy a case for it, so don't let the lower price fool you -- you might end up paying more for this than for one of the other cameras.

I really like this Sony Cybershot camera.

from Milo, IA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W180 Digital Camera:

I really like my Sony Cybershot camera. I love that it is so small and still takes great pictures. I really like this camera. I love that it has face recognition. It is really easy to use. Just point and shoot. I also love it that you can take pictures and then put them in folders within the camera. And if you need to do some editing you can do that too. I take my camera everywhere. I also like that it came with a carrying case. I really love my camera. It takes great pictures. I love that it doesn't take blurry pictures. I love that it is small and lightweight. I did a lot of research when I bought my camera and I found that Sony Cybershot was the best point and shoot camera made. And I agree. It really is. Totally worth the money spent. I don't like that the memory stick is a smaller than other cameras use, so I had to buy a new one and it doesn't fit into my laptop. That being said, it is still a great camera.