4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

A Miracle in a Bottle - This Primer is the Best

This is absolutely the best product I have gotten turned onto in years! It glides on your skin, feels like silk, sets your foundation and gives you a polished look without looking too "done". I was first leary about adding another step to my daily makeup regiem, but was finding that by end of the day, my foundation was fading into my skin. I don't know what is better about this product, the silky feeling while putting it on, or the smooth, soft finish it gives you all day long. It fills in wrinkles and protects you from the sun in addtion to making you feel and look great. The only downside to the product is that the pump sometimes get stuck and you have to shake or pond the bottle on the counter to get the primer to flow freeely out of the pump. This usally happens 1/2 way thru the bottle.

An interesting product, but not one that I'd spend money on!

I had no idea what to expect when I received a sample of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  I expected it to be somewhat like [Pop Beauty Eye Magnet Primer][1] , but it was actually totally different.

Smashbox says **Photo Finish Foundation Primer**,** **"helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish."

I was surprised to see that when you squirt some of this product out, it is clear.  The Pop Beauty Primer is the color of foundation, so I guess I was expecting the same with this.  The Smashbox product is supposed to give your skin a flawless appearance, like it's been air-brushed for a photo shoot.  I didn't quite experience those results, but maybe my expectations were too high.

The feeling of **Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer **is very weird.  When you rub in the clear gel on your face, it *immediately* absorbs and disappears.  In fact, it disappears so fast, I can't even tell where I've applied it, so I end up using way more than I need because I can't see where it is.  After you apply this to your face, it leaves your skin feeling very soft and powdery.  Not literally powdery, but it feels extremely velvety.

After applying this product, I have used both a mineral powder foundation and a liquid foundation, and I've experienced the same results with both types of coverage.  I don't really notice a difference in pore size or with my laugh lines, but my face does look smoother.  It looks like my pores have been filled in with this product, and that gives it the smooth appearance.

Although this product is made with some great ingredients like grape seed extract, kolanut seed extract and vitamins A & E, it also made with some not so great ingredients like parabens, which I try to avoid completely.

I did see a difference in the appearance of my face when I used this product, but it's not something that I need.  I like my skin the way it is, and don't need to spend extra money to fill my pores with sub-par ingredients.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Pop-Beauty-Eye-Magnet-Primer-review-a1530

Love this product!

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I first received a sample of this product and loved how it made my skin felt and looked. I ordered the product online at amazon, but I ordered the primer that was oil free since I always have issues with oily skin. I have been using this product for the last two months and love it. I wear it alone or with my makeup. When I wear it, my makeup lays on my skin so much more smoothly. My pores are much less noticeable as well. I also notice that makeup stays on all day and I don't have that "melt off" of makeup by the time half the day is even over. With this product on, I barely even have to remember to do a touch up with powder to hide the shine that I would normally do. By the end of the day, my makeup looks just about the same as when I put it on in the morning.

This primer is awesome.

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I love the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I don't recommend this one if you have sensitive skin, though. I would use the Smashbox Light Primer for sensitive skin. However, this is great! It makes my skin feel like velvet and minimizes all my pores. My makeup lasted twice the amount of time with this under it! I highly recommend it if you can afford it, as it is priced very steeply.

My first primer!

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I received a small one ounce sample of this a few months ago and WOW. It feels so good on my skin! I have oily and somewhat acne prone skin, and this primer did not amplify either of my problems, I actually feel like it helps with the oil.

Very easy to apply, goes on incredibly smooth. For a primer virgin like me, it was an exciting experience to feel the odd, new texture of it for the first time. I can definitely tell a difference on how much more easily my foundation (liquid, sponge applicator) applies when I have it on underneath.

If I could find and snag this for the right price, I would definitely buy some more!

Overall

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I like this primer quite a bit. To have your foundation stay in place and look airbrushed and flawless you need a good primer and this is one that will certainly do the trick. I have combination skin and this works well on it; doesn't dry me out or cause flakes and it is lightweight, not too oily. A little bit goes a long way; a dime sized amount will suffice and will last you a long time.

Love this primer!

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I love the smashbox photo finish foundation primer. It is great to use on your face before applying make up. It will make your foundation go on smooth and it will help your make up stay put all day long. The smash box primer is great to use without make up as well. Sometimes I use it without make up and it makes my skin look smooth with a matte finish. I would recommend this product. It is worth the price.

God Send

from Mount Pulaski, IL

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

Om My Gosh I can not tell you how much of a God send that this product is. it has made my life so much easier. My foundations, and blushes go on like butter now, they stay on all day long. I never have to reapply, and it feels so silky smooth, when i put it on, and even after I apply my makeup. I will never ever put apply my makeup without using this product first ever again!

This Photo Finish Primer makes your skin look picture perfect!

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I'm relatively new at using a lot of makeup, and I try to get the best quality out of the products I use as well as the best deal. I never had too much trouble with the foundation I used except for it having such a grainy texture. It looked more like powder on my skin than cream, which made it appear very unnatural, and that's when it started getting very blotchy and noticeable. I tried Smashbox's Color Correcting Photo Finish Foundation Primer, the green one to be specific, and it really got the job done! It perfects your skin, leaving you look very even toned with a silky texture. Then, it boosts your complexion and really makes the foundation last longer and stay smooth. It feels so velvety when you rub it on that you won't want to stop! As most quality cosmetics, it's a little on the pricey side, but I definitely think it's worth it if you're tired of struggling with difficult foundations that don't want to work well on your skin.

I LOVED it but it's not for dry and flaking skin.

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I don't wear makeup so when I tried this product I thought that it did an amazing job. My skin was soft, smooth and my completion seemed to even out a little. It is weightless and clear so it blends with any skin tone. I wore it throughout the day but when I got to the bathroom I noticed that I have white flakes all over my skin and the more I tried to brush it off the more it would show up. The primer was the only thing I had on my skin besides moisturizer so I was a little disappointed, I had to apply a lot of moisturizer to my skin in order for it to blend out. I would still recommend this product because it does work and makes your skin soft and smooth however it just doesn't work for me because of my skin type.

Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer, Dark Spot Correcting

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

So here's the thing: I've been on a desperate search for a new primer ever since my absolute favorite, Make Up For Ever's All Mat, is apparently being discontinued. ACK! Now, not everyone needs a primer. And not everyone who uses one is looking for the same benefit. Personally I have very oily skin. I mean - REALLY crazy oily skin. I use a mattifying foundation and powder but without a mattifying primer like MUFE's, my foundation is starting to melt away after just an hour. By noon it's all gone. So you see what I'm looking to get out of this product. And this is where it failed.

Smashbox has, of course, a great reputation so I was psyched when I received a free sample of their new "Photo Finish Dark Spot Correcting More Than Primer" as part of a promotion. The first thing that threw me a little is that it's not clear. It's white. But it does go on reasonably clear, so no worries. And it felt fine going on my skin. I didn't notice any particular improvement in ease of foundation application, but that may be because I'm already used to using a primer.

So did it keep my oily skin in control? No. I think it lasted a little bit longer than if I had used nothing, but not much. By noon my foundation was virtually gone.

BUT most people are looking to get smoother makeup application and just generally smoother skin from a primer. And I think this accomplishes that task reasonably well.

As far as the "dark spot correcting" aspect of this product goes, I can't evaluate that. It requires continuous use over an unstated "period of time" to work and I don't plan on using it more than that one time. It just didn't meet my needs.

Seals out those winter wind dry patches!

from Delavan, WI

Comments about Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

I love this for year round use but once that winter wind starts to blow my skin can suffer.  This is the only thing that has ever helped.  In the past I would put my makeup on and within a few hours it seemed to just soak into those dry patches and start to flake.  Now since I've been using this primer I never have that problem, and you are able to use much less foundation helping to keep a more natural apperance.