Other Primers:
Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20

Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20

Pros

Cons

Avon Magix Face Perfector SPF20 - STOCK UP NOW!!

WOW! .. so here's the deal .. as a black woman I tend to have oily skin .. I put my foundation on (MAC NW50) at 8 am and by 8.20 am I'm shiny, as if I've just come out of a vat of oil :(( .. so I'm blotting all damn day!  So having read soooo many reviews for the Avon MagiX Face Perfector I decided to give it a go .. the Avon website sell it for £10 + £3.50 p&p .. I ordered it and waited with baited breath for it to turn up.

It came in yesterday (to my work address) and I put it on straight away (even though it was mid afternoon!).  I noticed a little change but didnt think anything of it as I'm sure it was just in my imagination.  So home time comes and I put some more on for my journey home.  Usually by the time I come out of the tube station (I actually live in London) I'm a mess .. it's hot and sweaty down there .. but LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING .. I got out at my stop (a 20 min journey) then WALKED IT HOME (remember how hot it was yesterday) .. another 25 mins and I swear to God .. my face was the same .. not a shine ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (tears of joy!).  I was in shock.  This has NEVER happened to me before .. my face looked "normal".

So today, I decided to try it properly .. I put some on as I was going to walk to the station (35 mins this morning!) and my face was "normal".  *more tears of joy*.  I get to work, wash my face (I dont like to exercise then put make up on so I have to clean my face again!) .. and re-applied a little bit of the MAGIX, together with my foundation and let me tell you .. it's now 14.28 and my face is flawless .. I dont even need to blot .. I am going to stock up on this b/c knowing Avon .. they'll discontinue this and then I'll have to just emigrate and live in a country where shiny faces are accepted!!

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AVON ... I THANK YOU!!!!

I was disappointed

Avon Magix Face Perfector really disappointed me. I kept reading a lot of positive reviews on the Avon website and after reading the reviews, I decided to purchase the product. There are several things I did not like including the smell, the texture and formula broke my face out, and it did not do as well as promised.

Number one, the smell to me was a big turnoff. It reminded me of flowers that have gotten old and have an off smell to them. It's hard to explain exactly but it just has an off odor.

Number two, the texture reminded me of petroleum jelly. It's supposed to be for all skin types but it was not good for my oily skin. In fact, every-time I put it on, my skin felt like it had a mask on it and then it caused me to break out in a couple of spots. Now, I'm almost 44 years old and very rarely have any type of facial break out anymore, but this product definitely caused me to have red spots and bumps that appeared. I even tested to make sure it was from the product. On two separate occasions, I stopped using the product until my bumps would clear up; however, upon reapplying the product,  the bumps would reappear.

The final and third thing is that the product just did not work. It promised to give my face a polished look with or without foundation. That did not happen to me at all. In fact, if anything, my skin looked worse after applying it and my makeup did not last any longer during the day with or without it.

I usually love AVON products and will definitely continue to buy their products, but this is one product that greatly disappointed me and would not recommend to anyone.

Avon MagiX Face provides coverage and protects you from the sun

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

My sister, who sells Avon, gave me a tube of Avon MagiX Face Perfector with SPF 20 to try. I have combination skin which is often shiny and oily looking. She informed me that one of the benefits of this product, is that it controls shine while evening out skin tone. After using this product I have noticed that my skin is not as shiny but it still does get oily. So it does have an oil controlling effect on the skin although I do think other products do work better for controlling oil and shine. I think this product works best as a primer to use under make up. It did work to even out my skin tone and to provide basic coverage. I do like how it feels on my skin. I also love that this product has SPF. I am fair complected and burn easily. I like to wear products with SPF for the extra protection. Please note that one should not use this product as a sole mean of protecting your face from the sun. Although it does contain SPF, it will not protect you the entire day.

Terrific

from Johnstown, PA

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

This is the best finish I ever used. It doesn't make your face shine no matter how hot it is out. You can where it alone or under a foundation. It helps minimize small imperfections on your skin. It's very easy to apply and feels great on your skin.

Magix Face Perfector is Magic!

from Garden City, MO

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

I absolutely love this product. I hardly ever wear makeup and was looking for something without color that would give me a good smooth appearance without the color, heavyness, or strong odor of most makeup. This is it. I never wear it under any makeup and it gives me the best coverage. My daughter wears it under her foundation. Love It!

Great under Makeup!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

A magical air-light gel-powder **colorless formula** that makes **all skin tones look flawless**... invisible coverage; instant perfection. Banish shine up to 10 hours. Apply evenly before sun exposure or as needed.

I read reviews about this and had to try it.The Face Perfector allows for an all over even complexion that will last longer and wear better all day long. I can't stand to be without it now.You don't need as much as you might think you do and I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before putting on my makeup. I've found this gives me a smoother finish.My face just doesn't feel or look the same. It keeps my makeup on all day! I never have to do touch-ups anymore! I am now using this everyday. And it has spf so it's good for your skin. This product is every bit as good, if not better, than the expensive ones in stores.

I'd recommend it to a friend. It's one of the few products that actually lives up to its claims.

Disappointed

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

Maybe I misunderstood what the Avon Magix Face perfector was supposed to do or maybe I was just hoping for to much, not sure but either way I was very disappointed in this product from Avon! I really love Avon so to find this product to be so useless was a little shocking to me coming from Avon. I realize it is colorless so wasn't expecting much there but it does say you can wear it alone or under makeup so I was expecting that when I wore it alone it would do something for my skin, but not for me it looked and felt like I had applied nothing and just wasted my money for nothing,and this product is not cheap in my opinion! I guess the one good thing a bout it is that it is SPF 20 so I can use it for a sunscreen if for nothing else, that is really the only thing that it is good for. I would not recommend anyone waste their money on Avon's Magix Face Perfector, Sorry Avon but I was highly disappointed in this product!

Amazing product for a small price tag!

from Sweet Home, OR

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

A friend of mine introduced me to this product (Avon Magix Foundation) over the winter. I have occasional acne breakouts but it usually stems from wearing "heavy" makeup. My skin is oily and tends to not react well to liquid foundation.

I was a little skeptical at first because i figured it was going to be too light of coverage for me. Surprise, Surprise! It's an awesome product!

The foundation covers really well, even the little bit of red tint to my cheeks, which has always been a bit of trouble to cover. It smooths out my skin tone and makes it look flawless. The shades availble cover a ton of different skin tones. And the SPF 20 is the perfect addition to make it the smart choice in skin care. It stays on all day. Never runs. It's the great summer foundation and a great choice for traveling since it works so well you rarely need concealer. It's definately my favorite foundation. I would absolutely recommend it to a friend.

Avon Magix Face Perfector SPF20 - STOCK UP NOW!!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AVON ... I THANK YOU!!!!

I was disappointed

from Rocky Mount, NC

Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 - my review

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

I bought this item not too sure what to expect.  At first when I put it on it went on so smoothly - it felt really cool on my fingers and skin going on but the smell was kind of bad.  Then after wearing it for a few minutes I touched my face again and it was extremely slippery feeling.  I would have been so embarrassed if anyone touched my face.  I don't know if you're suppose to add powder afterward to help with that issue or if that would have made things worse but I'm not very fond of this product myself.

MagiX Face Perfector is what it says it is

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20:

I got a sample of the **Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 **in an order I received.  I usually toss those little samples because they normally aren't really enough to tell if you are going to like the product or not and I try to be especially careful about what I put on my face. For some reason, I opened one of the little pads just to see and decided to rub a tiny amount on a brown spot on my face.  It really did smoothe out that area and did not feel greasy or thick on my face.  It does not clog your pores and did not cause any irritation.    It took me almost 2 weeks of everyday use to finish that little sample.  You use very little on the tip of your finger and smoothe it over your face and neck to help your complexion look even.  With it's SPF factor it is the perfect product to use under your foundation or powder, or because it evens out your skin tone, you may feel comfortable enough to go with just the MagiX Face Perfector.