Other Mattresses:
Specialty Mattresses
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress

Pros

• Good support (4)
  • Comfortable (3)
  • Holds shape (3)
  • Soft feel (3)

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)

• Primary bed (5)
  • Guest bed (4)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (6)

Select Comfort Sleep Number Queen 4000

Love my Sleep Number I am a sleep number thirty-five and my husband is a sleep number sixty-five. Its great that we are both comfortable and when our bodies ache or we need a change, we simply change our number. When you have a big difference like we do, you may need to ask for the extra foam piece to go between your air chambers. Otherwise, you may find that you roll to the center of the bed. I was thinking we had the 4000 but I believe it is the 6000 series. We did purchase an extra pillowtop as well and I love that. It helps to add that little bit of extra comfort to the bed. Once in a while we do open our bed and check the inside as I have heard of some people getting mold inside the mattress.I've never had that happen but we keep checking anyway. We also like to lay on our bed and use the remote to take the air setting all the way to one hundred and then bring it back down again to where it feels comfortable. We do this every six months or so just to see if we are still the same number.

No cuddling allowed the Sleep# C4 is spacious & offers variety.

The C4 by sleep number, in CAL KING, with pillow topper allows for a wide range of flexibilty when it comes to firmness, having 20 different levels.  The best thing about the bed is laying down on it when it is completely blown up (firm,) and lowering the level to what feels best to your back that day.

I have had it for two years, and I believe that the quality of the product has dramtically changed.  Though it is not horrible, it is nothing like when I first bought it.  For such a costly investment, I would have expected it to perform outstandingly for a longer period of time.

My favorite part of this bed is, is also the part I like least...

The CAL-King is like being on a small boat, raised high, ( the foundation and mattress are a few inches taller than conventional mattresses.  But if you want to cuddle with your loved one, you will be sailing in the sea, that is the huge crack that seperates your air, (your sleep #,) from your companion's, but without itthe bed would have no point.  I only wish that they made a mattress pillow top that helped with this, the one it has seems to contribute to the problem.

Sleep number pit

from Chicago

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• I don't have to sleep with my husband.

Cons

• Develops Cavity
  • I can feel the coils.
  • I roll over to my husbandshusbands side.
  • It's hard to make.
  • It's to heavy to move and clean aroundaround it.
  • My back and hips hurt evey morning.

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

I hate this bed. In 6 months it began to sag. You can feel the difference between my side and my husbands. When he gets up in the morning, I fall into his hole. Ithe is uneven because we have different sleep numbers. Sheets are expensive. Now I sleep on the couch. It was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent.

Sleep number mattress good support BUT bad smell

from Bethesda, MD 20816

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Bad smell

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

I like the support of the mattress. However, after 2 and a half years the mattress has developed a terrible smell which will cling to your clothes. The answer from Sleep Number was I need to replace the chambers and foam for $308.00 dollars with no guarantee that the new chambers will not develop a smell. NO SATISFACTION FROM THIS COMPANY. Even though this problem is all over the internet, when one calls them they will tell you they have never heard about this problem.... Very disappointing, if I had to do it all over again, I would rather buy a traditional mattress.

Love this mattress. Sleep like a baby. Would buy again.

from Indianapolis

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel

Best sleep ever. Wish I had bought it sooner

Finally zzzzzzzz

from Guanica, PR

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Holds Shape

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

This is the best way to zzzzz all nights.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Just alright

from East Stroudsburg, PA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Takes some getting used to.

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

My in-laws have one, and they have gotten one for almost everyone they know it seems. I've slept on the one in their guest room and loved it. When it came time for my husband and I to get a new mattress, a Sleep Number seemed the obvious choice. We went to the store, and were really impressed there. We ended up getting the C4. When it arrived, it was easy to set up, and I was really excited to try it. The first night went a lot worse than expected. Then we'd try to get used to numbers, and readjust. This was based on Sleep Number's recommendation, but even once I found the most comfortable for me, it wasn't good enough. It wasn't what I expected, and I was disappointed. It's tolerable, but I wouldn't buy another one, especially at their prices.

I would buy again

from Imad mankour

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Lumpy

It very good

Unbeatable level of comfort

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

This mattress is perfect those who suffers from back related problems. I am one of them and it helped me big time in getting pain-free sleeping nights. It also cures snoring problems but i do not how! The mattress reduced my snoring to almost half giving me peaceful and noise-free nights of sleep.
        Firmness
        The firmness level of the mattress is just about right for me and also firm enough to offer support without being uncomfortable.
        The durability of the mattress seems to be of high quality and i would not find any reason of how one can damage this mattress. This mattress can last for many years with regular and proper usage.
        Comfort
        It gives world class comfort level to the user. I highly doubt any other mattress available in the market would have provided such level of comfort.

WORST BED EVER

from Tampa, FL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Easy Clean Up

Cons

• Deflates
        • Develops Cavity
        • Feels Like Water Bed
        • Forms Towards Middle
        • Hard Assembly
        • No Cuddling

• Not Ideal Use Nightly

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

The absolute worst bed I have ever slept on. I have had my bed for about a year. I have back issues along with neck issues. I bought this bed thinking things would improve. This bed helps in the beginning (I think it was just sleeping in a different bed) but after about 5 months I was noticing how uncomfortable I was. My bed deflates constantly throughout the night (apparently nothing it wrong with it), the two chambers never match up ex: right side is set at 45 and left side is set at 45 and they don't feel the same at all. I didn't listen to all the bad reviews I read thinking that my experience would be different but it wasn't. Customer service is awful. When I bought the bed I was single and was not aware that the bed came in a single chamber option (salesperson knew I was the only one sleeping in the bed and never mentioned it) and once I found out about that option and asked to switch it out was told i had to pay $288 on top of delivery fees, and the bed that I had just bought. Customer services reps can be rude but some are really nice but not helpful at all. Takes forever to here something back if you use e-mail. The bed itself is no where near worth the price. I would pay maybe $400 at the most for this bed. Very unhappy, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will be purchasing another bed (not sleep number) to replace this and getting rid of my sleep number. If you are thinking about buying a sleep number, I would strongly suggest looking other places to see what else is out there, not worth the price, hassle of set up, or the sleepless nights.

Definitely the best

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Definitely the best

Reduce pollution and protect the ecosystem, all your health care simply outstanding, the best on the market besides having enviable ease of use by all. Additionally quality guaranteed with the best standards worldwide, provides security when making a purchase rather than an investment that undoubtedly improve their welfare and quality of life for his family.

With our latest technology, excellent performance in safety, design and ergonomics, all in balance to work for the best results when making what more you want, be with your family without wasting your time. It is certainly just what I needed to solve the problem of selecting which mattress for comfort and care when resting and sleeping pleasure.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Super soft

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

This is the newest mattress that i have bought and i am extremely happy with it so far. It is a very comfortable mattress, as it feels like you are sleeping on a cloud. It is easy to fall aslee on because it is so soft and comfortable. It supports your body well and in the correct way. It is supportive enough to keep you up from sinking into the bed but soft enough for support. The bed is firm but not too firm. It keeps you inthe right spot and somewhat molds to your body position throughout the night which i like. The bed is very duarable, as i have seen so far. It had a heavy haul into my house from the store without a nick or scratch. The bed is used by myself and i can be pretty rough on it. I also have siblings who enjoy jumping on it and it is holding up very well. I would recommend this bed to couples as well as side sleepers. I am a side sleeper and this bed seems to suit me and my body very well.

• Comfort: