4.9
Other Mattresses:
Specialty Mattresses, Memory Foam Mattresses
Air-Pedic
Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress

Summary

Our innovative air system technology offers a superior sleep comfort and customization by offering 6 zones that can be adjusted on both sides of the mattress and configured to offer extra low back support. The optional patented Airflow Transfer System helps reduce any heat build-up in the mattress. Compare Air-Pedic's™ 65 digital settings for the lumbar, as well as the hips and shoulder zones, 30-year limited warranty and 120-night trial to Sleep Number™, Comfortaire™ and other two zone air systems. Go to www.AirPedic.com or call 800 667-1969 for more information.

Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress

4.9

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Holds shape (6)
  • Durable (5)
  • Good support (5)
  • Soft feel (4)

• Primary bed (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

wonderful bed

from Mukilteo, Wa

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • great company to deal with.
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

The hole buying process was very smooth. The salesman, Brian, was very helpful, and we are very pleased with the bed. I just had back fusion and the lumbar support has been most helpful, no pain in the back. I would most highly recommend this company.

Thank You Air Pedic!! My Best Quality Mattress Yet

from Jacksonville Florida

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

After purchasing several mattresses over the last ten years and spending thousands of dollars just to wind up giving them away, I was going to bite the bullet and purchase a new Sleep Number Mattress as I have had a cheap one before and liked the results but not the quality. Both my wife and I suffer from chronic back and spinal issues so we decided to visit the local Sleep Number Store. After looking at their inventory and the prices, I couldn't bear to spend as much money that I could literally remodel my house. So I went home and did my research. I felt very blessed when I came across the Air Pedic reviews. I was extremely impressed with the authors and their views of the company and the product. I was sold. I contacted the Customer Service Rep for Air Pedic and the process was quick and painless. I told them what I wanted and they exceeded my expectations. We purchased the Air Pedic King 850 and after being at the Sleep Number store, my opinion is the quality of the 850 is far superior to one of their high end mattresses. Everything I read in these reviews were true... The customer service goes over and beyond what you would expect. The quality of the mattress is amassing. We enjoy lying in our bed drinking our morning coffee and commenting every day on how comfortable the mattress feels. The Bamboo mattress cover is a must as it provides a whole different dimension to the comfort. I was also impressed with the weight of the mattress and the 13 inch thickness and was able to retain my original box springs. I was initially concerned with the weight after having a cheap Sleep Number Mattress that I could sling like a Frisbee, but our new 850 does not move, squeak or anything else that would be annoying. This company and team of employees are amazing. If you are serious about purchasing this type of mattress, save yourself thousands of dollars and invest in one of these built to order custom mattresses. Thank You Air Pedic!!!

Look out Sleep Number

from Jacksonville Florida

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

So thanks to these reviews, I found my new mattress. I was extremely impressed with the reviews and the author's. After having the cheapest sleep number mattress you can order in a box, the technology was a comfort to my chronic back issues. It was cheap and flimsey so I bought a new expensive mattress from mattress company and paid a lot of money for it. Few months later, back issues became front and center again. I knew I needed another sleep number bed but hated waisting the money on the mattress I just purchased. Finally the pain prevailed and I drove to a sleep number store but could not bear the thought of paying just as much for a mattress as I would to remodel my kitchen. So I went home, got on line and did my home work. Best decision ever was when I came accross the Air Pedic. You can believe each of these reviews as I could only trust the reviews were factual. True.... they are thousands less than the compairible sleep number. My opinion .. they are better quality and made to order through a very easy process. True .... the customer service is supurb and the best I've experienced. True..... If there is any problems, they fix it immediately without hesitation. I have only had my new Air Pedic for a couple weeks now, but I am extremely impressed with the quality and comfort. I purchased the Air Pedic King 850. The weight is great, its approx 13in thick and my box springs did nor need replacing. My wife and I love its comfort. Thank you all for sharing your experiiance as I am a firm believer in reviews.

"Don't judge a book by its cover"

from Iraq

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Nice love it.

beatuful i ADVISE YOU TO BUY IT

from Canada Windsor ON

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Holds Shape

Cons

• Squeaks
          • Too Soft

• Guest Bed

NICE AND BEATUFULK

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Very happy with airpedic bed

from Santa Cruz, CA

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Sturdy

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

After trying out nearly every mattress in the county and really liking the feel of the top of the line sleep number bed, but incredibly concerned about the poor reviews, longevity and price (holy cow!) of the SN, I found a few reviews for the Airpedic system on Mattress Underground. I've purchased custom mattresses from small manufacturers before since I also have an antique bed that requires a special size, so I'm aware that with smaller manufacturers you usually get better quality for a lower price.

After speaking to Rick about the features I liked, and the concerns I had about a split king, we decided to move forward with customizing an adjustable airpedic with a split head and foot but a joined center. Not only was I incredibly pleased this could be done, it was done for thousands less than the top of the line competitors bed. Yet, purchasing a mattress such as this is still a huge investment so it was great to learn about the quality and superior materials used in this bed.

We've been sleeping on this bed for at least 6 months, and the bed is sleeping exactly the same as it did on day one, which is to say excellently. We love being able to adjust the support, as well as the head and foot and joining the center was a great choice for us. I am extremely pleased to not have a "well" in the center of the bed. There was absolutely zero off gassing and the airflow system does help the bed sleep cooler. It is not a cooling effect like the gel, so don't expect that, but I've never gotten sweaty or too hot in this bed. I also love the mattress pad we purchased with the bed. It is organic, super soft and breathable but protects the mattress extremely well. I highly recommend their mattress pad rather than a waterproof one.

I can and have recommended this mattress to others. In fact, we are getting ready to purchase a second for my daughter and will replace our rv with one of their memory foam models when it's time.

Planning on buying another for our summer place.

from the Woodlands. TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape
            • Soft Feel
            • Sturdy

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

Rarely if ever do I write reviews. A product has to be really good or really bad to cause me to act. Our recent purchase of the Air-Pedic 1200 Ultra-Plush Memory Foam bed has certainly exceeded our expectations.This bed compares to the Sleep Number(SN)"X-12" except for two critical things: price(almost $4000 less) and adjustable zones (6 on the Air-Pedic verses 2 zones on the SN).
              As an anesthesiologist I know a lot about sleep and body alignment. The Air-Pedic allows you far superior body alignment. For example, you are able to adjust the torso zone to a firm support while having the head (shoulder) area to a very soft support. My husband and I both have shoulder/neck issues and want a bed that's very soft in that area. At the same time I require a very firm lumbar support for significant back issues. My bed setting is 10-50-10. You can't get that with the SN bed because there's only a single number setting.
              It's been over a month now and this is by far the best and most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. We are extremely pleased with every aspect of the bed, so much so that we are planning on buying another one, for our summer place.

BEST CONFORT AND QUALITY!

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

My husband and I purchased 2 different twin Air-Pedic mattresses to put in a king frame. We are very pleased with our purchase. We have had Sleep Number and Tempur-Pedic mattresses in the past, and the Air-Pedic surpasses both of these. It is the best of both concepts. The quality and price can't be beat. And having each mattress custom made to our individual specifications and at the exact height has been wonderful. We have also appreciated the great service that Rick extended to us. He has been great in answering our questions and in helping us decide which model to order.

An Quality, Comfortable Mattress with Excellent Customer Service

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

I researched competing air beds on line and chose this mattress company because the air bladder has two chambers, one for head and foot and a separate bladder for the middle of the bed. Also, the air chamber is made of vinyl, the same material used in my pontoon boat and float tube that I rely for safety in the water. The pump is quiet and the controller is simple and easy to use. It seems to hold its pump setting after the bed is inflated to our preferred setting.

I do not have experience with the customer service staff from other bed companies, although I did interact with several sales representatives. In this case, the person who sold me the bed is also the quality control manager. I received excellent service from everyone who took my call. They appear to manufacture beds to order, so there was a wait period to receive the bed. They were always courteous and prompt is replying to my inquiries. Shipping was on time. Altogether an excellent customer experience.

Comfort
              Our model has a 2 inch breathable memory foam layer over the air chamber. The memory foam tends to hold body heat. The breathable layer probably helps. I think a thicker foam layer over the air chamber would defeat its purpose.

Support
              It's adjustable, so what's not to like.

Firmness
              It's an air bed so the firmness is adjustable.

We just bought the bed, so who know how long it will last. The internal parts are accessible through zippered compartments. If any one part wears out after the warranty expires, you can buy a replacement without replacing the whole mattress.

• Firmness:

The best combo of comfort and support ever!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress:

Air-Pedic Adjustable Mattress provides the perfect amount of comfort and support. I purchased this mattress about a month ago, and I am so happy that I did! I sometimes suffer from back pain, and this mattress was exactly what I needed! It is nice knowing that I can now sleep peacefully without waking up in the middle of the night with severe back pain. I would recommend this mattress to anyone with arthritis or back pain, or just anyone who is looking for an extremely comfortably mattress.

Comfort
              I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress in my lifetime!

Support
              This mattress provides the perfect support on my back. I can now sleep without having to worry about waking up in pain.

Firmness
              This mattress has the perfect amount of firmness.

I have only had the Air-pedic mattress for about a month now, but I think it's very durable and sturdy. I have not had any problems with it at all so far, and I do not expect to.