4.1
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (4)
  • Good support (3)

• Primary bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

Be aware if you sleep toward the center of your bed...

First and foremost this company does have great customer service.

First and foremost this company does have great customer service.

We bought this bed instead of one of the others because it was on 'sale' (tho I still see it at the price we paid) and also we figured since we already owned a memory foam mattress topper if things were so so we could use our own instead of paying for those extras.

Once it arrived and was set up, we immediately saw improvement from our old mattress, but that isnt saying much because of the condition of our old mattress.

Being people who sleep toward the center, we had problems rolling off the air chambers. This was taken care of with a call to the company who sent us zippered chambers that took care of the roll factor. *It seems to be a common problem as it is the second FAQ question on their list.*

But Select Number uses a foam pad between the two air chambers. We found ourselves still sleeping on this and being able to feel it.

Another call to Sleep Number and they sent us a regular foam mattress topper for free to take care of that problem. And it has seem to. We did pull our our memory foam topper as well and all seems to be quite comfortable now.

This bed does feel so much better than our old one and it has a great warranty and great customer service to help you get the bed to fit you right.

Even though we dont have a digital read out for our 'sleep number' I feel the control gives you more options. I'm not exactly sure but I think the digital ones go by increments of 5 and this doesn't, just up and down as you hold the button.

BEWARE, it looses air over time!

Our sleep number bed is 10 years old. After the first 5 years, it began loosing air. I went from a 30 to now a 100. I have to add air 4 times per night. I loved it at first because I have a bad back, but now I wish I could afford a new bed, but I can't....so I suffer.

Comfort
It was great at first, but as it ages BEWARE!

Support
At first it is fabulous, but just wait...they loose air! BEWARE!

Firmness
It looses air all through the night.

It will not last! BEWARE!

Wish I had bought a better model

from Tallahassee, FL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

After having surgery and I needed support for my back, I decided to buy a sleep number. I had purchased by Simmons and Serta before. We went to the Sleep Number Store to and try out beds. My husband and I both liked the idea we could have different settings. It took about 3 weeks for them to deliver our bed. The guys rushed because they had driven 2 hours to deliver our bed and they want to leave fast. They showed us about the settings and the sleep profiles. After about 3 months, the pump went out and on several occasions, we had to reset it. It takes Sleep Number a very long time on the phone for customer service. I also bought the adjustable bed mechanism, which I love. It is great for watching TV just before bed. However, because of the customer service and the uncertain pump, I am still not completely sold on the Sleep Number. This model of the Sleep Number reminds me of a glorified air mattress.

Good bed...littlelittle overpricedoverpriced

from Brighton, Co

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

This is our everyday bed. The construction had lasted well. The bed needs to be reset once a week to keep your setting correct.

Good for couples with diffrent sleeping needs!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

Another good mattress from Sleep Number that provides excellent support to your sore back and gives you perfect nights of sleep. The only problem is that it is quite pricy compared to other mattresses.
    Comfort
    The one side can be extremely firm and the other side is quite soft or in-between. Each person can have their half just as they like. Can be adjusted through a button.
    Firmness
    You can select the firmness level. Your back will well supported at every level of firmness. It gives complete support from top to bottom. I wake up in the morning realizing all my sore back issues have gone.
    I am use Sleep Number mattresses for quite a while. I have this mattress for a while now and it still brand new. This one looks excellent should last 5-6 years easily if not more.

Pricey

from Bulverde, TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

We had a very useable but slightly older mattress. (I do not consider 15 years old a very old mattress but apparently I am wrong according to the experts.) So when my husband saw a presentation of this sleep number bed he began to entertain the idea of replacing our mattress and actually believed it would lead to a better night of sleep and therefore improve his quality of life. I resisted for months but as our anniversary approached he brought the subject up again. I agreed to go with him to see another presentation at the sleep number store in our nearby mall. The salesman was very good and seemed appalled that our existing mattress was sooo old! I was still not blown away since these are so very expensive but I did finally give in and agree to purchase this as an anniversary gift to ourselves. While it is very comfortable we had a hard time getting our numbers right for each of us and it took us several weeks and calls to the help number to figure out why we were not as comfortable as we thought we should be. After owning it for almost a year now I can say it is a very good mattress but I am still not convinced this was worth that much of an expense. So now I tell my husband this will have to last 30 years!

Great bed for couples with different needs

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

This bed is a great option for couples who have very different needs when it comes to a bed. I like my bed much softer than my husband likes. My husband tends to have back problems and waked up sore and kinked in our old bed. The sleep number bed supports him so much better that he is no longer in pain when he wakes up. It does transfer more movement than our old bed. I also like how every thing can be collapsed and taken apart for easy moving of the bed. We have moved multiple times in the past few years, and moving beds can be a pain.

Comfort
    On my old bed I stopped feeling comfortable sleeping on my side. I am able to sleep comfortably on my side or back now. You can add your own memory foam or other things to add more comfort if needed. Being able to adjust the firmness at any time makes it great. You do need to give it time for your body to adjust before playing with the settings too much.

Firmness
    Allows you to adjust the firmness you want the bed at that is best for you and your significant other.

I have not had it long, but my in-laws have had one for several years with no issues.

• Firmness:

Best bed for fibromyalgia sufferers

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

The Sleep Number bed is wonderful. We were given our bed by my folks' who were moving to adjustable beds in 2007. I have had the best sleep of my life in the last seven years. I took the (queen plus) bed apart and moved it to our home in the back of my PT Cruiser. It was very easy to take apart and reassemble, though I am good at puzzles. My 10 year old son helped me. The hardest part was driving with what looked like a huge marshmallow filling the whole back of the car.

Comfort
    I has always been easy to adjust. At first you pay no attention to the number, you just go with how it feels and after a week you have usually found your 'number'. It can be put in memory so you push one button each night.

Support
    It is what you need when you need it, make sure if you sleep with a partner who gets up before you, they inflate their side upon rising.

Firmness
    It is as firm as you make it...

After seven years, it is exactly like it was when we first slept on it!

• Firmness:

Worth the price if you need comfort to sleep!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

We're on our second Sleep Number mattress. The first one lasted over 20 years, so even though they might seem expensive at first, compare them to conventional mattresses and you'll see how you save over the long run. We just love how each side can be adjusted separately since we both like it differently. Also, it's helpful for women when you're pregnant (you can adjust things to suit how you're feeling) and whenever you have body aches and pains.

Comfort
    Super comfortable not matter how you like it. One side can be super firm and the other soft soft, or anywhere in between. We have no fights this way since each person has their half just as they like it. And adjusting is simple with just the push of a button. A few seconds later, it's at the number you want.

Support
    Regardless of whether you like it soft or hard, it gives you complete support from top to bottom. Your back is well cushioned. We've been using this mattress since we were in our 40's, and no one's developed any body issues because of it. In fact, I think it's warded off old-age issues.

Firmness
    Make it as as firm or as soft as you want. You call the shots.

Our first one lasted more than 20 years. We hope to get at least that from its replacement.

Decent, but not great

from Utah

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

The concept of a different feel on each side of the bed is great, but in practical use, it only works well if you sleep a mile from your spouse. In other words, good for fights, bad for cuddling. Not recommended for couples unless you each want to adjust the firmness of your mattress simultaneously.

Comfort
    If you try to sleep close to your spouse, one of you will probably end up with half your body on a firm mattress and the other half on a soft mattress. I woke up feeling extremely uneven in the morning.

Support
    On the firmer settings, it does give great support.

Firmness
    Adjustable firmness is a good concept, so if you can each comfortably find what you like, then it can give the desired firmness. It has a long range from soft to firm with several places in between (the levels aren't so wide apart that you would desire to be between two levels and unable to get there).

Seems like it will last quite a long time, although we haven't had it for very long yet.

• Firmness:

Good, but opt for higher model.

from Empire, AL

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

My husband was having sleep trouble so we bought a Sleep Number C2. I was hesitant to spend that much on a mattress but I complied because I know how valuable sleep is. We went to the store and tried it out and had it delivered. The bed does what it needs to do. You can adjust the firmness any way you wish, firmer or softer. However, I wish I would have opted for a model with a pillow top. The C2 is very basic and you know when you sit on it that you got the cheapest model. When one person sits on the edge of the bed and happens to sit on the air bag part, the person on the other end of the air bag shoots up on their side like a seesaw. Also there is a clear line down the middle of the bed where there are no air bags; of course each side has its own. We often roll down into this valley when tossing and turning at night. Our remotes do not have the digital readout, which I would have preferred but I was too cheap to upgrade. We have had the bed for about 2-3 years now and one day my daughter hit the remote too many times and now my remote has an issue to where it doesn’t work properly. But overall the bed does what it is designed to do. I still sleep fine. But if I had it to do over again I would have opted for the higher model with pillow top and digital remotes.

Comfort
    I wish we had gotten the pillow top.

Firmness
    It can get VERY firm if you want it to.

My husband's side looks flattened out compared to mine. Also my remote is now having issues.

• Firmness:

Amazing mattress for my aching back!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

My Sleep Number mattress is wonderful for my back. I can adjust the firmness specifically to accommodate my lower back. Also, an added bonus is that my husband and I can enjoy different firmness levels.

Comfort
    The Sleep Number mattress is always comfortable. I always notice a huge difference when I travel and must sleep on a conventional mattress.

Support
    This is my absolutely favorite feature of the Sleep Number bed. I change the firmness depending on the needs of my lumbar area. Some days, a softer mattress alleviates pain. While on other days, a firmer mattress will alleviate the pain. A conventional mattress cannot offer that flexibility.

Firmness
    The firmness is always just what I want whether very firm or softer. I can tailor the firmness exactly to my desires and needs.

My family has moved six times since purchasing my Sleep Number and the mattress has withstood all the packing and unpacking wonderfully. An added benefit is that the mattress takes up less space when moving and packing.