Other Mattresses:
Specialty Mattresses
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress

Pros

• Good support (6)
  • Soft feel (5)
  • Comfortable (3)
  • Durable (3)

• Guest bed (4)
  • Primary bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

What was my life like before I bought my sleep number

This bed is the first thing my husband and I bought after we were married just over a year ago. It has made a huge change in both of our lives. We sleep better at night, we wake up happy and I no longer have to walk around like I am a hundred years old when I first get out of bed in the morning. I wake up 100% pain free! Another great thing about the sleep number bed is that we didn't have to choose a mattress based on firmness and actually agree on something. He sleeps at a 60 and I like it soft at 35. This was the best purchase I ever made and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Sleep Number 3000: Dial Your Way to Sleeping Comfort

Is a mattress a mattress? In the past, many would have answered this question in the affirmative since there were few fundamental differences from one mattress to the next. Today, however, mattresses are technologically advanced and one of the more unusual and innovative mattresses is the **Sleep Number 3000**, a unique idea in sleeping from Select Comfort.**Bed Commentary:**Sleep Number 3000 is the base model of the popular Sleep Number series of mattresses manufactured by Select Comfort. There are several different versions of the Sleep Number mattress but they all offer one common feature that sets them apart from other beds: The remote control that allows the sleeper to determine the level of firmness of the mattress. With the press of the up button, the mattress inflates with air and becomes firmer. Pressing the down arrow deflates the mattress and makes it softer. There are settings in- between that allow the sleeper to find just the right level of comfort on a numbered scale that ranges from 30 to 100.

I first heard about the Sleep Number style of mattresses a long time ago and it is a concept I have always found intriguing. I am prone to occasional lower back pain and for me, this problem is often caused by sleeping on a mattress that is too soft. For this reason, I prefer a firmer mattress but there is one problem that prevents me from sleeping on the firm mattress of my dreams: The other person sharing the mattress. My wife prefers a softer mattress, and she complains that many of these firmer- than- average mattresses feel like sleeping on a concrete floor. Of course, she is exaggerating a little, but I can understand her point. The level of firmness that I like in my mattress reaches a level that most would find unacceptable.  Sleep Number 3000 mattress helps to solve this problem by allowing different sleepers to adjust the firmness level to that of their own individual comfort preference. As intrigued as I have always been with this concept, I didn't get the chance to sleep on a Sleep Number 3000 mattress until recently. And now that I know what this mattress is like, I can agree that it does offer some great qualities that you cannot get in a standard mattress. The ability to control the firmness level is a godsend and I can see how some people would be hooked on Sleep Number 3000 and refuse to ever return to an ordinary mattress. With the press of a button, the mattress inflates with air and firms up; then with another press of the button, it deflates and softens. As long as your mattress is queen size or larger, there are dual settings that control each side of the mattress separately. Each person can select his/her own level of firmness and adjust it as needed, making it a great choice for a couple than cannot agree on a firmness level for their mattress.  Sleep Number 3000 is controlled by a wired controller that comes in two varieties: A standard, non digital control and a digital control that requires an upgrade purchase. I recommend the digital controller because it displays the firmness level. As you press the arrows, the display will temporarily go blank. Once you let go, the firmness level you have achieved will display. This is better than the non- digital version, but I do have one problem with it: There is no way to lock in a specific setting or to quickly achieve a specific numbered level of firmness. For example, let's say my experience has led me to an optimal firmness setting of 60. I lie down on the bed, check the setting, and it is presently on 90. I press the down button to deflate, but I cannot simply tell the control to go immediately to 60. I have to deflate, let go of the button, and see what number shows up on the panel. If it isn't what I want, I have to press the up or down arrow a little bit more until I achieve my desired level of 60. It's a trial and error process. I haven't used any of the more expensive Sleep Number beds, but I would bet that their remote controls are more sophisticated. Sleep Number 3000 is nice, and the ability to control your mattress firmness is certainly a feature to enjoy. But I do have some other issues with the Sleep Number 3000 mattress and one major issue is with the full size mattress. As mentioned before, the full size doesn't offer separate controls for the left and right side of the mattress, so there is only one level of firmness for the entire bed. Not only do the two people sharing the bed have to agree on a setting, there are other annoyances also, namely the fact that it behaves like an air mattress. If one person is lying on one side of the bed and someone else plops down on the other side, the person already lying down will move up as the air distributes itself to that side. This could easily bring an end to a good night's rest and this is why I do not recommend Sleep Number 3000 for a couple unless they purchase at least a Queen size mattress so that there will be separate controls for left and right. Sleep Number 3000 is a little noisy when it inflates. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner, although not quite that loud. When deflating, there is no noise at all, which is nice. Also, keep in mind that Sleep Number 3000 uses a wired control. If you want wireless technology, you will have to upgrade to the Sleep Number 5000 level.  Sleep comfort is what matters most and in this area, Sleep Number 3000 scores some hits and misses. Set to a level of about 80 seems about right for me. I get the firmness that I want for a good night's rest. This support is good, and the sleep you get is pretty good, too. However, it is not as good as the sleep I have experienced using an ordinary mattress with a high level of firmness. Considering I can purchase an ordinary mattress for less money, the Sleep Number 3000 seems like it isn't worth it. On the other hand, you get to select the firmness level that you like, so I suppose this is the trade-off you get with the Sleep Number 3000: Quality that isn't as good as a regular mattress with a specified firmness, but the ability to change the firmness to suit your needs.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Sleep Number 3000 is a pretty good mattress but I do have some reservations and I don't agree with the bulk of users who rate this mattress so highly. It is very convenient to have the ability to change your mattress firmness level and it is great for couples who have different needs in this area. But the overall comfort is not as superior as I had hoped. It is still unique and a good choice for couples who cannot agree on a mattress firmness level, but it isn't the outstanding sleeping system I was hoping for.

I would buy it

from Usa

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

I've experimented bed when my sister, and his opinion, very cool, it is very comfortable, so if you tried it will come to you drowsy and has a wonderful texture and shape and good design have loved to color and she loved it long-lasting and something happens to him she loved was introduced but did not like the length of

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

buy sleep number bed

from new York

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Very good

ItsIts amazing

from Ex, san diego. Ca

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity
  • Lumpy
  • Squeaks

This bed is too cool

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It's a beautiful product anyone can use

from united states

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

It's a beautiful product anyone can use without restrictions or conditions so I want I am in possession and use

Ideal for non-moving sleepers!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

This is a perfect mattress for those who do not move much while sleeping. This is a great mattress that powers you to adjust the firmness of the bed yet has some nuisances that might trouble moving sleepers in their sleep.
    Comfort
    The mattress is quite comfortable Few other mattresses can match that level of comfort. The foam separator creates problem for moving sleepers from time to time that can be aggravating.
    Firmness
    One of the best part of the mattress is you can adjust the firmness according to your need. It can be soft enough or hard enough depending on your choice.
    Seems like it can last for few years so the mattress is pretty durable. It depends how much you use it but it does last as many people who has this mattress said.

Love

from GA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

I am in love with this bed haha. It is extremely comfortable and gives me the best sleep I have ever experienced. I first tried it at a friend's house in her guest room and I was highly impressed. The support and the comfort and knowing I can adjust the settings to what I would prefer makes it the best bed on the market. I know the price can be up there but it's worth it when you consider how great it is and how other beds can fail after a while but this one won't. It is something I recommend to everyone I know so they can experience the comfort just as I have. I was worried my husband wouldn't like it because he can be quite picky but he ended up loving it just as I have. We both have gotten better sleep since having it and I know it will last and we won't need to even try a different type of bed. This one is the one to have.

Hit or miss

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Adjustable Sides
        • Good Support
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Cons

• Hard To Get It Comfy
        • The Divider

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

I bought this sleep number bed about a year and a half ago, after wanting it since I saw all the cool commercials for years. We normally buy pillow top mattresses which need to be replaced constantly due to the ruts they soon develop. Our pillow top mattresses were not lasting very long at all. One spin after it getting uncomfortable, and it was no good. I figured that an adjustable bed would be just the ticket for my other half who prefers a rock hard bed, while I do not. I have slept on various hardness beds and as long as they aren't super hard i can deal. I really like this bed because on the days when my back is sore, I can change it up and play with the levels until it feels good. My husband on the other hand despises this bed. He changes the hardness up and down and just can't get it right. He wakes up every day with a sore back. He doesn't have a bad back, so this bed is causing it to hurt. I sleep in one spot all night and he flops around so I would assume its not good for people who move around a lot. If you don't stay on your own side you will end up on the divider. It's hard to rate this bed because it's good for me who isn't picky, and holds still while sleeping and terrible for him, who wiggles around at night, and prefers a hard bed. I really like how it's adjustable but i do not like that it's not comfortable for the both of us. I won't buy another of these just because of him hating it. I would reccomended this bed to sound sleepers who do not move around. It really is a nice bed that can change dramatically with a push of a button, so it's a shame to not be able to get comfy on it. I Would definitely suggest going to a sleep number store to lay on this bed and check it out for a while before making a purchase. You spend a lot of your life in bed so it's important your bed is comfortable and offers the correct support for your needs. This bed could be either the bed of your dreams, or the bed of your nightmares!

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3

from Clearwater, MN

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

I like the fact that my husband and I can adjust to our different levels of comfort. I can change the status at any time so I sleep like a baby!! I have arthritis in my joints so I like a mattress that does not hurt when I toss and turn. My husband does have arthritis as well, but a firmer mattress does not bother him.

A plus

Support
        supports me when I toss and turn and change positions....

Firmness
        My husband loves the firmness of this bed!!

Feels like it should last for many years!!

Love, love this bed

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

I have a 10 year old select comfort bed. I'd never, ever buy a conventional mattress again. I purchased a single chamber queen, as I tend to sleep in the middle of my bed. I love the fact that when my back gets funky, I can make the bed harder, or softer.

Really great

Support
        Support fits what you need when you need it.

Firmness
        Moot point.. You can make as firm or as soft as you need it to be.

I did have to replace the pump once. Customer service was awesome. Cost of the new pump with controller was minimal.

Great For Non-Rowdy Sleepers

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c3 Mattress:

This bed is great for those who don't move much in their sleep. My partner liked the bed for the most part, but I on the other hand couldn't stand it. While it is a great invention that allows you to adjust the firmness of the bed, it also has nuisances that are likely to bother more rowdy sleepers.

Comfort
        The bed sides are extremely comfortable. They allow you to change the firmness with ease at your own liking. The problem that makes this bed extremely uncomfortable is the foam separator. When my partner and I , who have completely different sleep numbers go to bed, we will find the middle divider extremely aggravating. It makes sleeping hurt and is just an extreme design flaw.

Support
        This bed does a pretty good job at supporting, but it can sometimes lose that support. If enough weight is added to the bed, it'll start to lose air, which in turn makes it firm and hard. This can be a nuisance for sleepers who want a more fluffy and soft bed.

Firmness
        The higher number you put the bed in, the more firm it'll become. Usually it's easy to make the bed firm. It'll work out good for the most part, but sometimes it just doesn't get as firm as my partner wold want it to. The fact that I sometimes end up moving to his side a bit adds weight and makes his side less firm.

I guess if anything the bed is pretty durable. It lasted for a year until I couldn't stand it anymore and I decided to get a new one. The mattress does last, but soon the different compartments of the bed need to be fixed from time to time.