Other Mattresses:

Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Now, that's a different mattress.

The Sleep Innovation NovaForm 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, is the first memory foam mattress that I have ever purchased.  Overall, we were pleasantly surprised, ONCE we got used to...Read complete review

The Sleep Innovation NovaForm 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, is the first memory foam mattress that I have ever purchased.  Overall, we were pleasantly surprised, ONCE we got used to it.

When it was delivered, we were shocked how it came packaged.  We were stunned to see this huge mattress fit into a small box.  Once the folded mattress was placed onto our bed frame, it was amazing to see it unfold itself.  You cannot sleep on it though, for at least twenty-four hours.  One of the drawbacks for the first week, was the awful smell that came from this mattress.  Eventually, that disappeared.

I have to say overall, the mattress is very comfortable.  My hips no longer hurt and when my husband turns over, or the dog jumps on the bed, you cannot feel anything at all.  It does take some time to get used to the "sinking feeling", but you really do get used to it and don't even notice it over time.

Another drawback, is that the mattress does contain a lot of heat.  So, if it is in the summer, it'll make you sweat.

Grateful that we could return the Novaform mattress.

I bought a Queen Novaform mattress from an online warehouse store.  I had wanted a Temperpedic, but the cost was prohibitive.  I figured that as they were both memory foam, how different could they be...I have had a  Temperpedic pillow for nearly ten years and it is the best.  The Novaform mattress lasted less than a year.  It was very comfortable at first, but within months began to sag considerably.  Now I prefer the sofa to the bed!  I only weigh 125 pounds and rarely jump on the bed :-)  Overall I am very disappointed with the Novaform mattress.  I am, however, very grateful that the store is allowing me to return the mattress for a full refund.

Be prepared to sleep warm

from Lubbock, TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Hot

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

I purchased this bed after hearing wonderful things about memory foam mattresses and how they help back pain. While this bed did help to alleviate much of my back pain, it made it very difficult to sleep on in the summer due to the heat. If the heat does not bother you, this mattress may be a great investment. The memory foam contours to your spine giving you support where you need it. It is a fraction of the cost of a Tempur-Pedic and still does a great job as a memory foam mattress. This particular one has a bit firmer of a feel so you don't feel like you are sinking. It can however be still too soft if you are a stomach sleeper which is why I eventually went back to a traditional innerspring mattress and prefer to use it as a guest bed. For the price, this mattress is a great deal. It has sturdy construction and should last a long time.

Mattress

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

Do you need a new mattress or do you need something more comfortable. Well I strongly recommend to get the Memory Foam Mattress. It's really soft and really comfortable. When you late it on it fills really soft. Imagine sqeezing something soft or anything you ever remembered being soft. That is what this bed feels like. Your sleep will feel so good you won't feel any pains. You don't have to move too much to get a comfortable position. Once you get on you won't get the feeling of getting off. This bed is really supportive for for back pains too. This bed is really used for people with pains to help support their pains, but if you just want a comfortable bed that fine too. As I said before if you want a new bed and tired of your old one or seriously need a new one I strongly recommend the Memory Foam Mattress. Helps pains, less irritaation and more relaxtion. The only con about the bed is if you spill something. If something is spilled on it the stains stay there forever, unless you put plastic on before..

Backaches...gone!

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

I love my sleep innovations memory foam bed. My chiropractor recommended it and after sleeping on it for about a month, my back pain has lessened significantly. I was skeptical at first, but it really has made a difference. All future mattresses I buy will be memory foam. Pair it with a good memory foam pillow, and you are good to go.

I tend to sleep on my stomach, back, and side, so I'd say it is suitable for all sleeping positions. When you first lie down at night, you get that "ahhhh" feeling. Sometimes it's hard to get out of bed in the morning because I am so comfortable. My sleep quality has improved GREATLY. Even my dog likes to sneak up on the bed because he likes it so much.

The only drawback is that it retains heat...so it's a bit warmer in the summer, but really nice in the winter. When the bed is warmer, it is softer. Likewise, when it is colder, it is a bit more firm. I prefer it when it is firmer, but even when it is softer it is still very comfortable and supportive.

• Firmness:

Wonderful bed that is very comfortable.

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

This bed is so comfortable, I gave it a 9 due to it's extreme firmness. But it's great for overall back and body pain. I have fibromyalgia and chronic body pain and it is extremely comfortable for me. I would think that anyone with chronic pain would like this bed. It's very nice to sleep on.

Comfort
This bed is very comfortable, especially for people with back pain. I sleep alone in it, so can't comment on couples, but it's especially firm, I would guess that couples could turn over and not bother the other person.

Support
Very good support. Might take awhile to get used to if you have had a bed that sags a bit. It's different from regular mattress's. I actually take a tray and sometimes eat in bed and there is no sagging at all while I'm on my side and the tray stays still. I've actually eaten my morning oatmeal on a metal tray in this bed with no spillage. It's that firm and comfortable.

Firmness
Quite firm. It took me awhile to get used to it coming from a "regular" bed with a memory foam topper. I did eventually add a topper to this bed to make it a bit softer. That makes my double bed need queen size sheets as it's a bit "taller" than a regular bed

Have had it 2 years so far and it has held up very well. Expect it to last a long time.

Wonderful

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

This mattress is all it is cracked up to be. Both my spouse and myself had a hard time sleeping on a mattress that we had previously been satisfied with. When the new wore off that mattress, I purchased this one and was blown away at the difference. We both are able to sleep comfortably without having to pay a fortune for one of those "number" beds and neither of us have neck or back pain any longer. He is very large and I am much smaller and as a general rule, if one mattress or pillow is good for him, it is terrible for me and vice versa. So this mattress provided a welcome change of pace. I have only had it for about six months, so I do not feel I am qualified to comment on the durability of the product, but it seems that it will last nicely. Even on his side it is not yet showing signs of wear as the other mattress was at this point. (The old one was traditional spring, NOT memory foam.) So far so good though!

• Firmness:

Good quality for the price.

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

Good comfort. IF you have back problems, this is probably not the bed for you as there is little to no support and you can end up feeling whatever is underneath the mattress by morning. The bed does return to its original form by the time you are ready to go back to bed in the evening. The mattress could be a little firmer, so if you are looking for something that will hold up the whole night, go for another brand.

Best Mattress for the money

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

I haven't found a better mattress for the money anywhere. I've owned this mattress for a little over a year and it's been wonderful

Comfort
I like a firm mattress but not rock hard and this one fits the bill for me. I've had back problems for the last 25 years and this has been the best for muscle and nerve problems. I sleep like a baby on this

Support
Best support i've ever had from a mattress so far. It has almost totally stopped my back pain. I've tried many other brands but this one seems to do the best for me

Firmness
Very firm but not hard like a board. Excellent support for the back and great for side sleepers also. My wife sleeps on her side and she loves it.

So far it's as good as it was when it was new. I have had back problems and this mattress is the best support and durability out there for the money. I have bought 2 of these and sold 2 of my friends on them. I can't see any wear on the mattress cover or feel any difference in the support of it.

Fell In Love With This Bed

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

I have just recently bought this memory foam mattress. Before buying this bed I had only had a spring mattress and box spring combo. I used to toss and turn all through out the night. When I awoke in the morning I never felt refreshed and my body would ache. After buying this bed I feel like a million bucks every morning and sometimes I am so comfortable I do not want to get out of bed. All of my aches and pains went away. I would recommend this product to every friend and family member I have. It is unbelievable the difference it makes. I will never go back to a spring mattress.

Comfort
Very comfortable. I fall asleep easily.

Support
It gives all the support I need its not to hard and not to soft it is perfect.

Firmness
The firmness is perfect it has taken all of my aching pains away.

I have 2 children and they can destroy just about everything but my bed. It still feels like the day I brought it home and I believe it will last a long time.

• Firmness:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

We bought this mattress after sleeping on one at the in-laws and have not regretted it!

Comfort
Very comfortable, no springs digging into you and no lumpy areas. The mattress is soft but firm and fits to your body.

Support
This mattress has offered us great support. I was having back issues and after a few nights of sleeping on this mattress they were gone. My husband previously had 2 back surgeries and he likes the support in this as well.

Firmness
This mattress is nice and firm, not rock hard, and offers great support, especially for side sleepers and those with back problems. I also like that when my husband moves around in the middle of the night I do not feel it, there is no jostling around like on a typical mattress.

My husband and I are both on the heavier side and this mattress is holding up very well compared to others that we have had. In the past our matresses have had lumpy spots or caved in in the middle and we have none of these issues with this one.

• Firmness:

Middle of the road for cheap

Comments about Sleep Innovations Novaform 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress:

I'm kind of happy with my purchase and then I am disappointed at the same time. The mattress came in a box that was easy enough to get around. It weighed about 100lbs give or take so you should plan accordingly. When we got it out of the box it plumped up quickly and only had a mild odor which faded really quickly. I found the bed to be really firm at first, but it is slowly getting a little more forgiving as we sleep on it. I particularly find it comfortable when I sink down into it after laying down for awhile. I don't fine this bed to be particularly warm like some people say memory foam can be. I would say that this is the wrong mattress for side sleepers though because it makes your shoulder hurt pretty quickly.

Comfort
This is a very firm mattress so be aware.

Support
The firmness is nice, but when it starts conforming to you it just cradles you.

Firmness
This mattress is just ridiculously firm. You flop down on it and risk a concussion.

As far as I can see this should last me for years to come. The warranty is only 10 years though.