1.4

1.4

Pros

Cons

A customer for life!

The absolute best experience I have ever had with a rental car company! They treated me with great respect! Charged me a rock bottom price and rented me a brand spanking new top of the Cadillac with no muss, no fuss and no problems. Truly! They have a customer for life! Where have they been all this time?

awful

So picture this: you have just flown overnight from Boston with your one and a half year old child and you get to the rental car desk. You are with your wife who has diligently obtained one of the few credit cards in existence that covers your rental insurance in Ireland the card is in your wife's name you are going to be the driver, your wife, living in Boston has only an expired drivers license but is present with her valid passport and photo ID and credit card.

Sixt will not rent you a car unless you pay for their insurance because A) you would need to provide written proof that the card covers you (an offer of a collect number to call to verify this is not acceptable) and B) the person who is driving needs to be the one with the credit card.

So you have to pay twice again the rental cost of the car you thought you were going to rent...

So if you think the reasons they had for preventing me from renting from them sound Valid please know that I went over to Budget Car Rental the next day and did the same thing and there were no issues at all whatsoever.

The agent at Sixt acted like I was trying to con him into giving me a car. I'm 36 years old I'm an engineer and have traveled all over the world and have never in my life experienced such an attitude from someone I'm trying to participate in business with.

Sixt owes me an apology for treating me like a criminal instead of a valid customer who entered into business with them in good faith and for putting me through unnecessary hardship.

What's worse I had already paid for the rental! It was shocking!

My young family ended up standing outside the airport like refugees waiting for family to pick us up, I was embarrassed for my country in front of my wife and thankfully my unknowing but freezing cold child.

To Sixt:

Shame on you Sixt you should move the x in front of the i and then change it out for a h then call it a day. I hate your company I will never rent with you again nor will I allow any member of my family or friends to rent with you again. You are a disgrace. I wouldn't even give you advice on how to improve your service because I hope you just go out of business I wish only poor luck and torment on you.

To any perspective customer reading this review:

Go with budget they are better and from past experience make sure you have a card that specifically covers you in the Republic of Ireland for damage to the car. Budget however do not require written proof of this.

Sixt scammed us for damages

from Bethesda, MD

Comments about Sixt:

Sixt scammed us with fake damages. They did not inspect the car upon our return and instead just nonchalantly accepted our keys. We should have recognized that something was amiss because it did not feel right. Then they sent us blurry pictures with no license plate and said they were going to charge our credit card hundreds of dollars, which they ultimately did despite my emails of protest.

We chose Sixt because they had the cheapest prices online. After reading a bit more we found lots of stories like ours out there about Sixt. I would add our story to the list and highly recommend you choose another rental car company besides Sixt, even if it costs a little more.

Note also the eKomi reviews are paid for by advertiser so do not trust them. Instead try Fodor or Yelp to get the true picture of Sixt.

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN! THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR PLATINUM

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sixt:

CONGRATULATIONS TO LEX AND SIXT PANAMA! I am PLATINUM member, booked it via Sixt, and DID NOT HAVE ANY CARS!!! Told me to go elsewhere!!! NICELY DONE! I had to go back the next day to get my car incurring extra fees AND THEY DID NOT MATCH THE PRICE FOR THE OTHER CAR I HAD TO RENT (FOR A LOT MORE MONEY). I contacted corporate over the phone and they promised a call back and they NEVER CALLED! I contacted the website and facebook staff (called Lex) and Sixt Panama reached out to me with a free rental in Panama. (I am NOT going back so the value = $0. I asked for partial refund). In exchange they sent me a scanned postcard that will allow me to get a FREE UPGRADE on my next rental (I am PLATINUM, I can get all the upgrades I want). I told them again I want partial refund at the very minimum. At which point they just decided not to message me anymore. I GAVE YOU 1 MONTH (30 DAYS) TO SETTLE THIS AND YOU DID NOT EVEN PUT ANY EFFORT!!! GOOD JOB SIXT! I HAVE ALREADY CANCELED MY FUTURE RENTALS WITH YOU AND I WILL MAKE SURE THIS STORY WILL GET EVERYWHERE!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! ANOTHER CERTIFIED LETTER WILL FOLLOW TO CORPORATE!!!!

Awful

from Miami FL

Comments about Sixt:

I was referred to sixt truck rental by my friend. He said that there is new location opened in North Miami Beach which provides excellent new vans at the best price with amazing service.
He mentioned that he was the first client at the location and staff was still trained at that moment by German manager.

Well, my experience was absolute opposite. I guess, immediately after manager left, staff of North Miami Beach branch completely forgot all training and showed their true face.

I booked and prepaid my vehicle online. Instantaneously I received email from sixt that I can save time at the check in by entering more information online. I did that I received the second email that everything is verified and confirmed and I have to present my ID and card on check in.

When I came to get the vehicle, first thing during the check in I was asked about insurance. I replied that I do have all the necessary insurance for state of FL and do not need any additional. Employee started to question me about my insurance and stated that my insurance is not commercial and that I have to purchase commercial. After arguing with me for a while he understood that this nonsense is not going to work with me because I am quite savvy when it comes to legal requirements. I hold all insurance licenses by the way.
But that got me upset a bit because he will be fooling other people.

Than he asked me to provide him my payment card, which I handed him. It was Visa debit card, which was successfully charged by sixt.
Employee had a look at it and replied that with Debit card I have to present 2 bills. What?
Are you kidding me? Where did it say that? Not on the website, not during the payment not in any of the confirmation emails. It was 6.15 pm they close at 7.00 and I had pickup scheduled at 7.30.
This guy ruined my pickup because there is no way I could get him bills before they close as I don't carry them around. And even if I could I probably wouldn't because this request was extremely inappr

Terrible car rental company who lies

from Polk county fl

Comments about Sixt:

This place is a joke, advertises that car is picked up at airport & no shuttle, not true. I even called & double checked & was assured picked up at airport. I now have a husband in a strange town with directions from the airport to his hotel. But is now at a off airport location in the rain & dark trying to find his hotel. What I get for using a no name car company. Go with someone else who doesn't lie, even had the customer service agent I called tell me what I was reading from their website & my email from them, I wasn't reading right. Terrible company, lack of empathy & no accountability. Everything you want when your alone in a strange city at dark.

A customer for life!

from Detroit, Michigan

Won't deal again!

Comments about Sixt:

I've rented a car from Shlomo Sixt in Rehovot, Israel. Been overcharged and waiting for my money back for more than 4 month now. Spoke with the Sixt rep. at the rental location at least 3 times. Every time they're promising to refund the money, but still nothing. I will try to avoid dealing with this company, even though they claim their prices to be the cheapest.

Customer Service
Poor customer service

I will never use SixT again - AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU

Comments about Sixt:

I am someone who hardly ever writes a review, but in this case I feel like I have an obligation to warn others. I also hope that this review reaches enough people so that SixT receives enough in lost sales to account for the money the are basically stealing out of my pocket.

I was impressed by the company's car selection and prices. They seemed more than reasonable and the car selection was much better than other companies. I had never used SixT before and decided to give them a try during a recent trip to California to attend a family wedding. I travel for business so I rent cars from all over the country and I've never had an experience like this. I wish I would have read reviews because now that I look I see that others have had similar experiences to mine.

So, we rented a small SUV in Los Angeles last September for four days. We were visiting family so we hardly used the car at all. When we returned the vehicle, they did a quick inspection, found no damage, and we left the facility. TWO AND A HALF MONTHS LATER in late November I get an email from them showing a picture of a flat tire and stating that we returned the car with a flat tire and we owe them $250. WHAT?!?! First of all, the tire wasn't flat when we dropped off the car. Not only would we have noticed a flat tire but the guy who did the inspection would have noticed. Secondly, why would they wait so long to contact us if there really was damage caused during our use? They allegedly took a picture of the flat tire back in early September so how come I didn't get the demand from them until late November?

So what can I do? They say that they are going to hand the claim over to a collections agent who will then cause me more grief and ultimately I'll end up having to pay because it's not enough money to deal with the aggravation plus it would cost more to fight it than the claim is worth.

After reading other reviews, my experience seems to be typical with this company. Take the old cliché to heart -- there is no such thing as a free lunch. Well, for SixT, they may entice you with low rates but in the end they will get your money. It's a horrible business model in my humble opinion, but at this point all I can do is learn my lesson, never use them again, and warn as many people as possible.

Take care.

Sixt - Outrageous Damage Claims

Comments about Sixt:

I'm a US expat, working in the Netherlands. In 2013, I rented a car from Sixt-Amsterdam for 12 months (had to change it a few times, per their rules). I paid them over 13K euros during this period. When I returned one of the cars, they said that I had to pay 500 euros damage because there were scuffs on the bumper. They claim that I signed a form saying I took responsibility for the damage, and I absolutely did not. They sent photos of the scuffs, and there are indeed scuffs. I dispute that I caused the scuffs and that 500 euros is a reasonable damage claim for a scuffed bumper. I have had many email communications with Sixt on this, and they have likely sent this to a collections agency. On another occasion in 2013, I was told that a stone had nicked the hood and I would have to pay for that as well, but I never received paperwork on that. I've been renting cars frequently for the last 20 years, and have never had a single problem until now. I believe that Sixt uses these outrageous damage claims as an additional revenue stream. Be careful with Sixt . . .

awful

Comments about Sixt:

What's worse I had already paid for the rental! It was shocking!

To Sixt:

To any perspective customer reading this review:

Beware of Sixt

Comments about Sixt:

We got a flat tire due to a nail. We had the tire repaired at our cost. The tire was 70% worn. When we returned the car they went over it with a fine tooth comb. Even scratching off pieces of dirt from the windshield looking for chips in the glass. It seemed like they were just looking for something to charge us for. Even though the tire was repaired and holding air just fine, they charged us 100.00 for a new tire. They didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish. They were done with us and put us on the bus back to the airport. I tried to deal with Sixt customer service in the USA and it was a big waste of time. I would never rent from Sixt again...never.