2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (36), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

Customer service at its worst

from Palmetto,GA

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I had a rental car that was covered under insurance. I got a flat tire while using the rental, and put the spare on and filed the claim under insurance. I let Enterprise know that due to personal reasons, I was moving. For some reason the claim wasn't processed, and Enterprise started calling me as well as my references. They never got in contact with me directly because at the time I was rushing to leave the state due to my ex threatening to shoot me and kill me. My references contacted me to let me know that the branch was searching for me to remit payment, but since I was secretly moving across the country, they were trying to explain to Enterprise that I was moving and they could provide my new info when I was no longer homeless. One of my references called to speak on my behalf. She mentioned how terribly rude the branch was to her on the phone and wouldn't let her speak and disconnected the phone call when she called as well as each time she tried calling back. I was unaware of this at the time. I got numerous letters when I updated my address finally and established myself in GA. By that time they could see I was no longer a resident of TX but had harassed my references with phone calls and sent the bill off to collections. If I was aware of this growing issue, I would have handled it. Enterprise was aware of my situation, and acted harshly and seemed to treat the situation as a personal plight against them. They lost my references as well as me as customers, and I ensured that the company I work for spent less money with enterprise and switched to another company unaffiliated with EAN Holdings. They ruined my credit with no regard to me nearly being killed.

Never again

from Dalton Ga.

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I would not recommend to anyone!

Worst Customer Service Ever!

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Rented from them almost monthly for over 2 years. Have always used a debit card for the previous 26 visits (which the manager verified) with any type of residence proof. Right before closing this Friday evening, despite being a very regular customer, was informed proof of residency had to be a utility bill, although that specific of proof of residence has ever been required the previous 26 visits. Explained that it would be quite an inconvenience to have to drive back and might not be able to return before closing time. Manager was rude and stated that the previous 26 times we rented the store was in violation and despite our regular business they would not make an exception. Given the condescending tone the manager displayed I can only imagine he was very inexperienced and was more interested in flexing his new 'Boss muscles' rather than doing what was best for a regular customer and Enterprise. Speeding back home and speeding back to the office we returned a few minutes before close. Even though they had evidence of our 26 other visits, they required that we give them the names and numbers of 3 references. We were treated like criminals. Needless to say, they have lost our business permanently.

just spent 45 minutes makeing a simple reservation

from Columbus, ohio

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

went on website to make reservation but kept saying there was an error and to fix information but would not let me go back to fix. The price I was quoted was 233. I called enterprise and they pulled up my name and information but had to finish reservation and got it for 178.00. When I seen my confirmation it was the wrong date for return so I called the Enterprise location and they changed the date but now the price was $248 and they said there is nothing they can do to give me price quoted unless I went back online. Well I was not going to waste more time doing that and not have it go through again. We were not happy with website booking or their customer service.

Avoid using Enterprise car rental

from VA

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

We had a really bad experience with Enterprise car rental. Enterprise accused us for an old damage. The damage was minor so my wife did not notice it when she got the car. The way they do it is two rental offices work together. My wife dropped the car in body shop. Another rental car office picked up the car and sent the first office two pictures with really bad damage where my wife pick up the car and file the car on claim. My wife came and found out the car was the same before and asked them take more pictures to reflect reality, called police, asked to drive the car to the first office, All request was turned down. She took 3 pictures and went the first office. The lady whom my wife got the car from showed my wife seriously damaged car pictures . After seeing my wife' pictures, she said she will talk to manager and the second office and go there to see the car. The second morning my wife called her , she said the car wasn't there , but actually the car was there because my wife and I went there and took more pictures. My wife called enterprise customer office and our car insurance company, it seems not able to solve this issue. Be really carful with enterprise. If you really need to rent their car, take more pictures before hand and don't drop in different office, especially in car garage!

Never will I call these people again

from Kcmo

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Have used this company for years. Spoke with a young lady who seemed uninformed. She asked about underage drivers and I said "no" its just me and Im 61. Then a man got on the phone and said sorry I just rented out the last car. I'm okay with that. But show some good marketing skills or at least be polite . I would have been okay if the man had said he would check bookings for the following day.. I have been renting from Enterprise for a very long time. Today I ended our relationship. Will be calling Uber from now on out.

Never rent at enterprise again , truth

from Elmira, NY

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

November 21 returned to NY from Florida due to the passing of my grandma. I get a call from claims department of enterprise that I was involved in an accident. I told the women I was not in an accident and I returned the car November 21 at 5 am ,

she said she was gonna look into it. A hour later I get a call from enterprise where I rented the car from saying I have not returned the car as November 23 , I said I did return the car at Fort Lauderdale Airport Nov. 21 . So December 1 got a call about how I was gonna pay $13,981.00 , I said I want to dispute the claim because I was not in an accident. So Natasha put in a dispute and they had 2 weeks to investigate the claim. On December 14 I get this packet saying I am responsible for the accident and need to pay. I did my own investigation called Broward county clerks of courts to see if anything reports with my name and there was none, on one of the papers was a tow receipt with a case number got in contact with the sheriff that was at the scene and wrote tickets. I did it 1 day.

Called and talked to Ariel from damage recovery and told her I did my own investigation and my name is not on any police report and I talked to the Broward County Sheriff that was at the accident at 12 noon and wrote the person 2 tickets driving the car I returned at 12:24 pm , I was interrupted by her supervisor Jaine yelling at me saying I am responsible for the accident, I said I am not and I am contacting a lawyer. She said let me give this to my supervisor and I will call you back and she even gave me her direct line. So have not spoke to her again, can not get her on the phone. When she did call the number was blocked and said that they are still investigating. As of February 17 complained to consumer complaints spoke to Dave said I would hear something in a couple days. Got a email 2-20 and said for my satisfaction they are going to take care of damages. But It wasn't my fault

hidden Damage

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

rented a car for four hours, I inspected the car with the agent in a parking place with car parked along each side neither of us could detect damage under rear rocker panel. When I returned the car agent immediately noticed damage. I feel like I was set up for over $500 worth of damage. Won't be renting from Enterprise again. If you do be careful

Never again will I use Enterprise in Atlanta area BEWARE

from woodstock, georgia

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

If you happen to do ANY damage to one of their cars - you basically are giving them a blank check as to what they want to charge you for and how much ie did you damage a tire or rim -- then if they inspect the axle they can say you damaged the axle -- did you inspect the axle when you first picked up the car - probably not -- and they gotch you!!! for what ever they want to charge!! BEWARE!!!

I literally hate enterprise in Murrysville

from Murrysville, PA

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

My vehicle was being repaired, I called the evening before I needed the vehicle & was told they close in 1 hour & cannot pick me up. I then called as soon as they opened, I was told they could pick me up but it would be approximately 5 hours before that could be done. Meanwhile they took all my information the night before & again that morning! Guessing they needed to spend more time with cigarette & coffee breaks than TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!! I see them outside when I'm passing by. SAD COMPANY, hoever, they do fit in with most of the rest of our country of people that just want a pay check but don't want to work for it!!!!