2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (29), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

Best experience ever

from Banning ca

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I just rented a mini van from my local enterprise they made it so simple for me I was in and out of the office .I called the day the car was due back and asked for and extra day they said no problem! They then told me I would not need to give any extra money they would just take it out of my deposit

Excellent Service

from Colorado Springs CO

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I rented a car from the Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods location. They found me a car when my vehicle was totaled from a hail storm, and it was very difficult to find a rental due to the number of people/cars affected by the storm. However, they assisted me to the best of their ability. Scott picked me up at my home address, even though I was out of their territory. He was very pleasant and courteous. Travis handled the paperwork for me and dealt with my insurance company. I returned the car a week later and thanked them for their service. I am giving them a 5-star rating.

Never Again

from Kansas City mo

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Make sure u check the paper that's given to u to put in the car. Make sure everything is correct including pricing. Never agree to any thing that is being sold to u outside without asking questions and make sure u get a dollar amount on anything that u do agree to that is being sold to u outside . Make sure u are standing in front of them when giving your card information to make sure u agree to each transaction especially debit card users. Make u check your banks statements each week u keep their car.

I made a mistake on not doing that I agreed for them to take the 25$ deposit and authorized her to take the 25$. I agreed with everything she told me verbally we then went outside looked around the car and agreed that everything looked ok she then asked me would I like to have extended coverage meaning if anything was to happen to the car I can walk away free everything covered I agreed with that but never was told that it would be an additional amount nor did I ask any questions (stupid) I checked the box and signed the form. 10days go by and I checked my online statement n noticed that they took 69.95 from my account on the same day I got the car I was not told that there was going to be an additional amount of money was going to be taken from my account nor was I standing in front of her to authorize that amount to be taken from my account.

First off I already have full coverage insurance I should have been told that I would be charged daily or weekly for extended coverage but I was not i feel like that is a scam and not fair to me who has that kinda money to pay them 70 $a week that u keep the car on top of the monthly insurance that I already have plus other living expense

I will not use them again

from Lebanon New Hampshire

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I was charged over $240 deposit to rent car in Lebanon New Hampshire. I have rented every 3 months from them for two years out of Long Beach, California without a deposit. I ended up with $70 in overdraft fees from my bank because it took them from Sunday when I returned the car until Wednesday to put the deposit back in my bank. I thought the were holding the deposit not taking t completely out of my back. I feel angry I will never use them again.

Enterprise does a bait and switch. Don't trust them!

from Utah

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I recently had the misfortune of dealing with Enterprise in Cabo San Lucas. I arranged ahead of time for a car through Enterprise. I spoke on the phone with the international rental office before I reserved the car over the phone. I specifically asked if there were going to be any extra charges such as insurance etc when I picked up the car. My credit card insures car rentals. I was put on hold for quite some time while the agent supposedly spoke with the Cabo office. She returned with, "No Ma'am, there should be no further charges." After hearing that statement I reserved the car. When we got to Cabo. We had to wait almost 30 minutes out in the heat for the shuttle to take us to the office. Other rental car companies came and went with their customers. After we waited another 40 minutes in line at the office, I was informed that there was a mandatory $20/day insurance fee that would be added to the bill. Mario, who had trouble with English, would not understand that my credit card covers the rental car insurance. I was stuck with paying it since I couldn't walk to another rental car place and they knew they had me. I was expecting to pay $220 and had to pay $401. Unbelievable! They are either very deceitful or extremely stupid and uninformed. Either way, they are not a company I will every choose to deal with again.

Thought they were a lifesaver, but found out not so much.

from Owings Mills Maryland

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I took my car into a GM authorized shop for what I thought was to be warranty work. Shortly after the car was looked at, the repair guys told me I needed to file a claim with my insurance because of the amount of damage to my car. I happened to remember that I hit and then ran over a raccoon on the Beltway in my city going around 60 MPH, unavoidable, unfortunately. The Enterprise people were there onsite at the dealership. This was very convenient at the time. So, finally I made it over to the Enterprise location which was just up the road from the shop. They said usually they need a major credit card, but since I came from the dealership and was having my car worked on they did not need one. I gave them my bank card number, which is a VISA and they took out the deposit. At that time I had no idea how long I would need this car for. They took me outside to pick out a vehicle. All that was there at the time was a Spark and a BMW. The Spark looked like a skateboard with a couple of seats thrown in, (very tiny) and the other choice was way too much money. So I signed, or initialed the paper and got in. Felt very strange driving that car at first. I do not remember them telling me that they would take out payment from my bank card automatically and when I realized what they were doing, I called them. Although I did not realize this until a few days ago and I have had this car for over two weeks now, ugh. 'They claimed this practice was written on the contract. After further inspection, yes it was, in a black box 3/4 down the page and I had to use my bifocals to see this that I gave with my signature authorization for them to make incremental payments. When I called to ask about this I asked them to please not do this until they had called me beforehand, so I knew there were funds to cover the charges. That very day they take out more money from my account and never called me to ask. I have already been making a pest of myself at that Owings Mills MD location.

DO NOT USE!

from Edgewood, MD

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Enterprise has accused us of damaging our rental car for thousands of dollars. This is a blatant scheme to collect money out of customers who do not sign their "insurance." Enterprise representatives are difficult to reach and unwilling to provide information. They even referred to my questions as irrelevant and simply pointed me to my insurance company. If you do choose to use this company, record every interaction with them. Do not let a company representative drive your vehicle while you are responsible for it. (They won't give you the name of this person if you ask - it is "irrelevant"). This company is a prime example of American corporate greed. Avoid it.

Terrible Customer Service

from 29501

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I am only one person with one child who has never liked suv or vans. They are just to big for me to drive. I received a Dodge Caravan for my rental. It's huge. I have called three other location prior to the location I got the van from and none of them will not switch the van out for a car. I do see many cars on the lots but for all three of the Enterprise Car Rental places to say there is not a car I Can switch out for is ridiculous. I believe they all were lying. I even had my mom to call one of the location and set up a pick up for today and they offered her a car. I just don't understand. But customer satisfaction is suppose to be the man concern. I am very disappointed. In the Pee Dee area where all four of these enterprise lots are located !!!!! I have parked that huge van and have been driving a vehicle that belongs to my parents. Its just sad no one will help me.

Unacceptable service from a company says service first!

from Enterprise rental Miami, oklahoma

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

To who cares, not enterprise!

Unfortunately I live in a small town and the only option for me was to have enterprise bring a car from Miami,Oklahoma!
The car was dropped off, no customer contact, the gas gauge was on a quarter tank.
The rental was going ok I till I get a call from the enterprise Miami office, names available upon request, that because I was going to pick up the car at 7 pm, when I get off work, that I would have to pay for the extra day and because it is inconvenient for them to pick up on the weekend I would be responsible for paying for the vehicle all weekend. Doesn't sound like customer service to me? Then when I told him that I was not going to pay for this myself he proceeded to tell me that it would be put on me credit bureau, again does not sound like customer service to me.
No one offered to talk to the insurance company to do anything to make this an acceptable experience.
I noticed that the rating in this site for enterprise is about 1.5 on a 5 scale maybe I am not the only one experiencing this unacceptable behavior.
I called the corporate office and talked with two people, names available upon request, that were also not interested in customer service either. It appears to be a company culture of unacceptable service.
In today's market with completion at the level it is customer service will separate the successful companies from the unsuccessful companies but I thought that I would give a heads up to those that have a choice when selecting a rental car company, which I did not, that you look for a company that truely provides customer service not just says they do!
This is my opinion!
Unacceptable service from a company that says it puts service first!

Enterprise cAr rental ruined our vacation

from Sanibel

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Rented jeep compass from enterprise at rsw. After 2 days it died in parking lot with myself &daughter .put on hold for 30 minutes before we could speak to someone, they told us to call road side assistance; road side assistance said it take at least 1 hour to send triple aaa. We didn't want a battery jump something definitely wrong with car enterprise recommended we get in tow truck and have car towed to ft. Myers airport. Let's remember 5we are on vacation and it it hot as heck. Enterprise said this would tAke 3 ++ 6 hours!. After 75minutes triple aaa
shows up nicest guy ever. Alvin. He runs a bunch of tests all come back fine so he starts car & we quickly drive back to condo praying it doesn't stop . Next day we take car out park it , have dinner and go back to car .starts up we drive 22 ft and dead again in busy road 9 pm. No help from enterprise we wanted new car this is no way to spend vacation . We are driving back to airport tomorrow hope the car makes it never use enterprise again horrible customer service. I am a corporate member and make sure we never recommend enterprise to our customers