2.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (44), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

from mission hills, ca

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

they made me waste my time! I go to a location on a Friday 1. its close to my job 2. its open on Sundays. they get my information and they tell me to return on Sunday to pay for the rental. I go Sunday they cant rent me a car 1. I don't have a major credit card 2. I don't live in the area so they cant use my ATM. I called customer service but they are no help and was informed to go to my enterprise in my area so I can use my ATM.
Now obviously I'm upset because now I have to call in on Monday from my job for a few hours to get a rental car.
I go Monday to enterprise in my area but I now cant rent a car because now they need my paycheck stub or bill in order to use my ATM. Now I'm livid, so I call customer service again but nope they cant help. what a waste of time, unprofessional, and inconvenient.
If they would have provided me with the information from the beginning I would have 1. had all my documents ready or 2. have looked for another rental agency that would help me and not have to waste my time and not have to have called my job to report being late on Monday.
I was able to rent a car at HERTZ with my ATM. They were helpful and was helped and rented a car in about 20 minutes.

Beware of the Winter Haven, Florida Location

from Fairhope, AL

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Be VERY careful in dealing with the Winter Haven, Florida office! I inadvertently left my credit card in their office. On 3 separate occasions afterward they admitted by phone that they had my card and promised to mail it to me. They never did! I don't yet know whether this is criminal activity or not, but it's troubling. BEWARE.

Enterprise takes care of its customers

from Surf city, NC

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

We rented a car from the Raleigh, NC enterprise office and drove the 150 miles to our house on the NC coast. The next day we found that we had a problem with a tire that had a screw in it and was slowly leaking. After much failed communication with the local office which is a satellite of the Wilmington, NC office we were unable to either get a replacement car or the tire repaired. I decided to change the tire and get it fixed myself which I did. When I communicated my displeasure to Enterprise one of the district managers called me and took care of the problem with financial credits. Sometimes bad things happen but it's how the company takes care of them that counts.

customer service

from St Lucie West Florida

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I wanted to say what a great experience recently had with the GATLIN FLA Enterprise Car Rental office.The service from the first phone call to the return of the car , They were on time to our location for a pick-up. Friendly, professional, service Robert took the reservation,Tamara came for pick up, Nathan returned the car. I will definitely use this location again.

Good to Avoid Enterprise

from Maryland

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Arrived at rental counter to pick up my reserved car. Told they had none, in spite of having a reservation. Told a reservation does not mean car will actually be there. Also told to wait a few minutes for them to get one. Took two hours. Gave me a free upgrade, but killed the day for us. Wrote to Enterprise three weeks ago for explanation. No reply. Thought I would share the experience.

Injecting politics into car rental is not smart

from Palo Alto, CA

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Prior to booking upcoming rentals in a couple months, I found out that Enterprise decided to enter themselves into the realm of political activism and removed their standing discount for NRA members. No thanks. Your service was barely acceptable before. Now you are asking me to pay more while wagging your judgmental finger at me from your bully pulpit. Never Enterprise.

Great service!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

My husband and I recently rented a car for 5 days in Virginia. We rented a nice SUV, which was an upgrade from our original choice. We picked up the car at the airport in Norfolk and the service was great, very friendly and easy to work with. We were very pleased with the car and with the employees and would definitley rent from Enterprise again because of this great experience.

Poor Customer Service

from Houston, Texas

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Booked rental ahead of time with Farmers Insurance guarantee for payment. My car was being repaired so Enterprise was to pick me up at 10am. Of course they were not there and I was told it would be a 25 minute wait. An hour and a half later I learned Enterprise was about 200 yards just across I-10. They came and left without asking for me. Dealership finally took me to Enterprise which they should have done in the first place...but no car was ready. I was told 3 people called in sick. Their office was so filthy with paper scattered all over the floor, cluttered desks, trash overflowing....not a nice environment. Waited another 30 minutes for the car to be washed and made ready. They turned it over to me with only 100 miles of gas in the tank. Poor service all around. I-10/Kirkwood

Rip off artists, aka thieves!

from Lemon Grove, Ca

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Don't bother to reserve, won't get what you requested! Add another $20.00 to your quoted rate, as the car asked for is never there! But wait, when you get there to pay the rate you were told, add $200.00 to it ! And don't expect any refund, when they tell you its returned to your bank account. Add another 5 + days, if your lucky! As for costumer service...very very rude, and don't call them on it, heaven forbid! The manager"Andy", is a real jurk! Won't ever deal with a rental from them again! Learned the hard way!!!

False Service

from Birmingham

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I booked a vehicle to pickup a group in Atlanta over the weekend. I told the agent that I needed a full size van or full size Suburban due to the number of people and luggage. He asked which vehicle I would prefer and I told him the Suburban, but it needs to be a Suburban and not anything smaller. He confirmed the Suburban. When I arrived to pick up the vehicle a Ford Expedition was all they had ready for me. The vehicle does not have the room for the group and their luggage as the back seat was up against the back door. The agent kept telling me that they can not guarantee a specific vehicle...there were no options available. I am stuck without transportation for the group and this did not bother the agent in the least.