2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (41), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

NO Customer Service, Rude, Inconsistent

from Clackamas, Oregon

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

If I could give negative stars I would, but this forces me to give one star-which is more than inflated! This office is the epitome of horrendous. I had to rent a vehicle at the last minute. - I made my reservation on line, and requested a Standard size vehicle. When I get there, low and behold, they have NO CARS. - I end up with compact SUV (Jeep-something). My husband is 6' 3"- I am not quite sure what was expected to fit in this go kart of an SUV, but by the time we would get home, his knees would be indented from being squished into the front dash area - I also have two kids- one in a car seat and one who is 6f'.. a compact SUV just does not work- hence standard size vehicle rental. - But this location does not offer to go get another car that is better suited and pretty much, i am stuck with this compactor.
By Sunday, we realize that we will have to extend our rental for another week, however , Clackamas location is not open on Sunday. So, we go to a location that is open on Sunday. The gentleman , Josh at that location was very pleasant, accommodating. He could clearly see we were unhappy and uncomfortable with the current situation. Within 10 minutes, we were in a vehicle that fit all of us - and any extras. ---> NOW, At this point i am under the impression that my contract has moved to the second location we visited. - Now on week 4, we still have not received our car back from the shop- so i call the second location on 7/12/17 to renew my lease again. I have renewed my lease every Wednesday, with the second location and i have never been told I need to go into or call the Clackamas to renew my lease/rental.
Low and behold i get a call from "Alena" (not sure of the spelling) at the Clackamas store today- she tells me that i need to renew my deposit on the vehicle., and argues every point that he co worker informed me of. - listening to argue is horrible customer service!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Choose Another Renter

from Milford,CT

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Don't ever use Enterprise Rental...they will find the slightest ding and slap $500.00 on your credit card and wait 2 months to get back to ya...They look to get extra money out of ya and blame you for things that were missed when you took the car out.

rip off artist

from Pompano Beach Fl

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

My husband dropped off our rental car yesterday at 2400 N Powerline Rd Pompano Beach. Our rental agreement was from July 3rd to July 9th 2017. My husband received a call from Kat from the location and offered him a free day plus a free upgrade. When we made the reservation online it said the price would be 279.00 for the 6 days. We were charged 561.11 and did not get any money back except for 11 cents when we turned the car in. We will never go back.

I will definitely rent a car from here again.

from Irving, TX

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Andrew provided me with an exceptional customer service experience at the Dallas Love Field location. They have a great selection of cars for your travel needs.

Fantastic and compassionate

from Wallingford CT

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff of the enterprise in Wallingford Connecticut. They were understanding and compassionate about my situation. I wanted to highlight the great customer service of Andrew Quayson very professional, kind and helped me greatly, Parth Patel Who also assisted me was professional with helping me. They both treated me like an old friend compassionate and understanding not just another customer. Also wanted to mention managers Kashawn Taylor and Jim Pommer who helped me when I had a car that was not to my liking. Fantastic service and personable staff. Highly recommended enterprise of Wallingford.

Enterprise: "We'll pick you up" but be VERY patient

from Raleigh, NC downtown

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Enterprise Inc. needs work, badly. Don't blame the employees: blame upper management. And go to another company, like Hertz. This is my second negative experience with Enterprise.
Following a wreck last week being covered by car insurance, I was referred to Callibre Collision Downtown in Raleigh, with a 'satellite' Enterprise office located inside the entrance. I mistakenly thought that would mean efficiency in obtaining a reserved rental car more quickly. The office is empty today, Tuesday, though the body shop staff says they're 'extremely busy' this week, and most Mondays through Wednesdays. Perhaps Enterprise Inc. lacks employees and needs to hire, to have a presence as advertised in this shop? Callibre called 4 times and I called once starting 30 minutes after my Callibre appointment (also given to Enterprise as when I needed the car) to the location where I was supposed to obtain a car. Jake, who took my call and deserves a merit raise if Enterprise wants to retain him, arrived an hour after my appointment in his own car to take me to work, because they had no cars, awaiting some returns.
Several years ago, I rented a car from Enterprise because "we'll pick you up". They arrived around 4 pm, then drove me to a location about 10 miles west to pick up another Enterprise employee, then drove us about 10 more miles north, in 5 pm traffic on Capital Blvd, to the North Raleigh location for my car. The process took at least 2 hours.

I guess this is business as usual for Enterprise. Not only don't be in a hurry or have an appointment elsewhere if you must use Enterprise, but "pack your patience".

Damage Recovery Unit is NASTY!

from Lincoln, Nebraska

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I had minor damage from a two deer running immediately in front of the rental vehicle. I drove it straight to a body shop where the estimate was $1,000. It took Enterprise's Damage recovery unit several weeks to come back with an estimate for over $2,500. They got all but my $500 deductible paid to them immediately. They knew I was waiting for a response on my credit card damage waiver benefit for the final $500 but turned me into a collection agency. anyway after receiving my final $500 payment. The damage waiver benefit got messed up because Enterprise didn't charge a deposit to my credit card which is why the paperwork too longer. The Damage Recovery Unit had a phone recording saying out to lunch at 10:30 in the morning when I called and wouldn't respond by email either when I asked how to pay them electronically in order to meet their 4 day deadline or be put on a "DO NOT RENT" list and be turned over to collections. I mailed my check immediately the day I received their nasty letter on April 14, 2017. They confirmed receiving it but won't stop their nasty collections letters and nuisance phone calls. Stay away from Enterprise,National and Alamo if you want to avoid this NASTY treatment.

Wish there was a better alternative

from Burlington, NJ

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Rude customer service, entire county had no rentals available.

Lax regarding condition at pick-up, super picky upon return

from Georgetown, TX

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Unless you have no choice, avoid Enterprise, especially if it's a one-way rental. I should have listened to my friend but what happened to him (in the USA) also happened to us (in the UK).

When you pick the car up they do a walk round explaining that only body damage larger that their "bulls-eye" target they show you matters. There were a few minor scratches around the rear hatch area ("No worries, that's normal", I was told). The automatic hatch was sticking but usable, so we opted to just keep the car to save time. Again, "No problem", I was told. But it was not noted on the condition report which I assumed was fine because it was a mechanical issue.

Upon return (to another location from pick-up, which I suspect is part of the problem), I told them about the faulty hatch, and upon inspection they also found a small scratch on the side of the vehicle. Again, I was reassured that neither would be an issue but they "...just had to be noted as it's not our car". But two days later I received an email with a claim demand for vehicle damage from the pick-up location. This was followed up with a damage report itemizing the repairs needed and associated costs (essentially an appraiser report). It included costs for the scratch, rear hatch repair and work on the bumper! This essentially doubled the cost of the rental (though I intend to claim through an insurance policy). I objected but to no avail - this is clearly a business strategy.

If you do not take their (expensive) insurance, these guys are looking for any reason to claim against YOUR insurance. They are using that claim to either bolster their bottom line (my bet is that they just collect and don't actually repair anything), or to fix all the 'fair wear and tear' issues you'd expect a rental car to encounter. They may be a little less expensive than the more professional companies like Avis or Hertz, but at least those guys accept that rental cars are never perfect! Next time I'll stick with a name I trust.

Service was horrible!

from Grand rapids Michigan

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I want to Las Vegas and had no problem, when we went to grand rapids Michigan we had a horrible experience with management! We will never use enterprise again for the simple fact that the service was horrible they were disrespectful and they did not treat us like loyal customers that we are!