2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (38), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

Damage Recovery Unit is NASTY!

from Lincoln, Nebraska

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I had minor damage from a two deer running immediately in front of the rental vehicle. I drove it straight to a body shop where the estimate was $1,000. It took Enterprise's Damage recovery unit several weeks to come back with an estimate for over $2,500. They got all but my $500 deductible paid to them immediately. They knew I was waiting for a response on my credit card damage waiver benefit for the final $500 but turned me into a collection agency. anyway after receiving my final $500 payment. The damage waiver benefit got messed up because Enterprise didn't charge a deposit to my credit card which is why the paperwork too longer. The Damage Recovery Unit had a phone recording saying out to lunch at 10:30 in the morning when I called and wouldn't respond by email either when I asked how to pay them electronically in order to meet their 4 day deadline or be put on a "DO NOT RENT" list and be turned over to collections. I mailed my check immediately the day I received their nasty letter on April 14, 2017. They confirmed receiving it but won't stop their nasty collections letters and nuisance phone calls. Stay away from Enterprise,National and Alamo if you want to avoid this NASTY treatment.

Wish there was a better alternative

from Burlington, NJ

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Rude customer service, entire county had no rentals available.

Lax regarding condition at pick-up, super picky upon return

from Georgetown, TX

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Unless you have no choice, avoid Enterprise, especially if it's a one-way rental. I should have listened to my friend but what happened to him (in the USA) also happened to us (in the UK).

When you pick the car up they do a walk round explaining that only body damage larger that their "bulls-eye" target they show you matters. There were a few minor scratches around the rear hatch area ("No worries, that's normal", I was told). The automatic hatch was sticking but usable, so we opted to just keep the car to save time. Again, "No problem", I was told. But it was not noted on the condition report which I assumed was fine because it was a mechanical issue.

Upon return (to another location from pick-up, which I suspect is part of the problem), I told them about the faulty hatch, and upon inspection they also found a small scratch on the side of the vehicle. Again, I was reassured that neither would be an issue but they "...just had to be noted as it's not our car". But two days later I received an email with a claim demand for vehicle damage from the pick-up location. This was followed up with a damage report itemizing the repairs needed and associated costs (essentially an appraiser report). It included costs for the scratch, rear hatch repair and work on the bumper! This essentially doubled the cost of the rental (though I intend to claim through an insurance policy). I objected but to no avail - this is clearly a business strategy.

If you do not take their (expensive) insurance, these guys are looking for any reason to claim against YOUR insurance. They are using that claim to either bolster their bottom line (my bet is that they just collect and don't actually repair anything), or to fix all the 'fair wear and tear' issues you'd expect a rental car to encounter. They may be a little less expensive than the more professional companies like Avis or Hertz, but at least those guys accept that rental cars are never perfect! Next time I'll stick with a name I trust.

Service was horrible!

from Grand rapids Michigan

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I want to Las Vegas and had no problem, when we went to grand rapids Michigan we had a horrible experience with management! We will never use enterprise again for the simple fact that the service was horrible they were disrespectful and they did not treat us like loyal customers that we are!

Horrible service

from Miami fl 33186

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

They gave me a car and the car broke down in the middle of the expressway and when I called them to try to give me another car they did not want to give me another card to replace the one and I rented it for the whole weekend so it took him three hours for them to finally give me a car I am so upset with this company I will never in my life rent from them again

A horrible company who refused to take responsibility

from Tampa, Florida

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

My Jeep was hit by an Enterprise box truck. The driver took off pushing my vehicle into the middle of the street. I filed a claim with ERAC INSURANCE ( a company owned by Enterprise Holdings llc.) I gave the adjuster photos of the damage photos proving that a truck was at the gas station at the time and information to contact my witness to the hit and run. I was denied my claim because I was in the store at the time of the accident and could not prove which Enterprise box truck that hit my Jeep.

The adjuster and her manager both agree that my Jeep was hit by an Enterprise box truck that knocked the right rear tire off shearing the axle rod making my Jeep inoperable but say it is my duty to find the exact truck that belongs to the company they work for in order to payout my claim.

I implore anyone entertaining the idea of renting a vehicle do not do so from a company whose policy is to have no regard for others. They refuse to take responsibility for damages caused by their property leaving the average individual holding the bag because they are their own entity and feel they have no reason to do the right thing.

Terrible service

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Terrible service! First car I received had a cracked review mirror. When I went to trade the car in I had to wait about 30 minutes for someone to see me. Employees walked right passed as if they're too busy to apologize for the wait. One of the employees were even rude enough to tell me to move their vehicle that I was trading in (no open spot in parking lot) worst service I've ever recieved from a rental car company.

Stranded travelers BEWARE!

from Arkansas / Texas border

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

This note concerns the total disregard for my Safety given my call to ENTERPRISE's roadside assistance this weekend:
Stranded and barefoot along a stretch of Interstate highway, i was clearly given a 1 hour timeframe as to when i may reasonably expect assistance...However, nearly triple that=2 hours 40 minutes elapsed before I called back to get an update...Only to learn the problem could easily be solved remotely via Onstar...Shame on the incompetence of the ENTERPRISE staffer for improperly vetting my initial problem and giving me only faint lipservice...By the time I got back on the highway (5:45am) I was visibly despondent +bleeding feet so had to alter my trip= All preventable if ENTERPRISE's Emergency services were reliable... But the most disturbing thought about being victimized like this is if it had been my 20 year old daughter stranded instead and had received such gross negligence...Dear parent, take note and schedule your future transportation needs accordingly.

Great

from tx

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I have had to use my local enterprise when I had some car trouble. And it's a great company. Everything is super easy and fast. All of the employees I have encountered were always really helpful and very nice.My favorite things about Enterprise are:
1. The variety of cars they offer-Sports cars, mid size cars, and compact gas savers.
2. The cleanliness of their vehicles. The Enterprise company I have used always kept their cars spotless.
3. The fast service-I have never had issues renting a car and with little wait time
4. They keep newer cars and low mileage- I've never had to worry about breaking down while renting a car.
5. Friendly and helpful staff
6. Affordable
7. Reserve online- I personally haven't done it, but I have checked into it. We were going to go on a trip and I was easily going to be able to reserve online and I was able to get pricing easily.

I highly recommend Enterprise. I only use Enterprise if I ever have to use a car rental service.

Customer service at its worst

from Palmetto,GA

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I had a rental car that was covered under insurance. I got a flat tire while using the rental, and put the spare on and filed the claim under insurance. I let Enterprise know that due to personal reasons, I was moving. For some reason the claim wasn't processed, and Enterprise started calling me as well as my references. They never got in contact with me directly because at the time I was rushing to leave the state due to my ex threatening to shoot me and kill me. My references contacted me to let me know that the branch was searching for me to remit payment, but since I was secretly moving across the country, they were trying to explain to Enterprise that I was moving and they could provide my new info when I was no longer homeless. One of my references called to speak on my behalf. She mentioned how terribly rude the branch was to her on the phone and wouldn't let her speak and disconnected the phone call when she called as well as each time she tried calling back. I was unaware of this at the time. I got numerous letters when I updated my address finally and established myself in GA. By that time they could see I was no longer a resident of TX but had harassed my references with phone calls and sent the bill off to collections. If I was aware of this growing issue, I would have handled it. Enterprise was aware of my situation, and acted harshly and seemed to treat the situation as a personal plight against them. They lost my references as well as me as customers, and I ensured that the company I work for spent less money with enterprise and switched to another company unaffiliated with EAN Holdings. They ruined my credit with no regard to me nearly being killed.