2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (41), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

DONT EVER RENT FROM ENTERPRISE

from Munich germany

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Where do I even start... We rented a car from enterprise and after the first day of driving it the drivetrain light appeared on the car and it would shake when we got up to high speeds which is very dangerous to drive when it is in that shape. So after a week of trying to contact them..they FINALLY came and took it from us and said they had another new car on the way. Turns out after they took it they "couldn't find another car to replace it". So after DAYS of being stranded at a hotel without a car, hundreds of phone calls and a ton of headaches they finally told us to get a taxi and take it to where are old car was and we picked it up and ended up being stuck with it for the rest of our honeymoons. It was a NIGHTMARE! Don't EVER rent from enterprise...EVER

I would never Ever use this company at all!

from Oakland, CA

Car Rental
3030 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94611

I reserved a car for 8 days online. The guy was so nice. He first approved and got the driver licence and credit card to process. After a while, a lady (probably the manager) came and declined service as though she had promised to give the car with the rate I had reserved to someone else! She offered me a higher rate and cancelled my reservation. When I opposed, she even refused service and cancelled my reservation. I have submitted a complaint and asked my employer to review and revise the contract with Enterprise. I am sorry to say that but their customer service was poor, unprofessional and she treated us in a rude arrogant manner. I would give their awful service a ZERO star.

Worst experiance

from Las Vegas Nevada

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I rented a car to go to my nephews funeral on august 10 to the 11th I had a new pair of shoes first pair in years I forgot them in the car mine was getting the air fixed I am on disability I asked for the cheapest car cost me 166.00 for two days then when I called the kid on the phone said he knew they were there because he knew the color and all when he came back on they were not there any more..Called corporate still never have been called back funny thing right and now no one has seen them the office in Las Vegas told me I could come look really when your guy told yes then no I would never rent from them again I will go else where boy fishy

I would highly recommend Enterprise

from Fairmont WV

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Had a wonderful experience with Fairmont Enterprise. Great service and vehicle was absolutely fabulous!

Take a Taxi! My last rental cost me $13.00 a mile!

from Hot Springs airport, Hot Springs, Ar.

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Paperless transaction, just sign here or initial, VERY EASY! Turn vehicle in, just drop your key and go, even easier, now when you review your credit card balance on line, be sure to have some kind of relaxing substance to prevent you from having high blood pressure, or possibly a cardiac reaction! When you contact them remember anything they tell you is like waiting for a government call back, still waiting! If you have read this then you can not say you have not been warned! TAKE A TAXI!

Worst Car Service EVER

from Edmonton, AB

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

The night before we were leaving to go to Banff, we rented a 7 seat SUV from their website. They sent us a confirmation code saying that the car was available. The next morning, right before we left to pick it up, they called us and said, "We do not have the car." My family and I were FURIOUS. Not only did they send us a confrmation code, but we even called them to confirm and they said they had it. We wasted an hour and a half dealing with this situation. We eventually found another car (NOT from Enterprise, of course). Overall, their service was terrible, and I will not ever deal with them again, because that would, in fact, be a nightmare.

Keep away from Enterprise Rent-a-Car at Budapest Airport!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I booked a car for four weeks at the Enterprise rent-a-car at Budapest Airport. When I wanted to pay, they said AmEx could not be accepted. When I told that in this case I would have to go to an other rental firm all of a sudden another device was found which "might accept" AmEx.
When I returned the car one month later early morning, nobody was there to take it over despite of the fact that it has been promised. Then a report has been sent with the bill stating that I caused a scratch which being very tiny (see attached picture) could not have been detected when I received the car. Furthermore, they charged me for refueling despite of the fact that I filled the tank at the nearest station (4 km according to Google Map).
I tried to complain per mail but they did not respond at all.
The next day I hired a car from Enterprise at West Palm Beach and they said they do not charge for scratches which could be covered with a dollar bill. Just about the difference about the branches of a company.

They made a bad situation worse

from New York, New York

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

We've been a loyal costumer to them for yrs & we always book the cars ahead of time with a fixed price. This last trip our flight was delayed for hours (which was stressful enough; 11:50 pm flight pushed back to 2 am til then it finally left at 6:30 am) & tried to call Enterprise to inform them and ensure our reservation is still held, but the national costumer service for the company can't help us and says that the local Enterprise at our destination is the only one that can help. Problem is the local office there doesn't answer even though we called when they were supposed to have office hours [1 am - 6 am] most likely b/c they knew the flight wasn't coming in for a while and decided our reservation didn't mean anything & our stress of getting to our destination finally after spending hours in the airport wondering if our flight would ever take off & now wondering how on earth we will get to our apartment & move around without a car for the whole day since *I repeat* they are only open 1am to 6am. Literally every other car rental company was at the airport waiting for their costumers to come off the flight and pick up their car. Enterprise *I repeat* was the only dark booth in the airport. So we had to pay extra money to get a cab AND we still didn't have a car for the rest of the day.

Flash forward to the next day: We sleep until 9 am that night since we had been up for more than 24 hours the previous day at the departure airport. We call the national enterprise costumer service to see what they can do & they tell us the local enterprise place has no cars left for that day but they may have a car the next day that would be double the price of what we were supposed to pay with our reservation that we made IN-ADVANCE which covered 2 days more than the new price of getting a car from Enterprise (so we would be getting 2x the price for 1/2 the amount of time that was on our initial reservation). Beautiful. Enterprise would do nothing for our inconvenience. Hope thi

Nightmare

from honolulu, Hawaii

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

In mid June of 2017, we received a rental from Enterprise in Aiea HI.

Our Suburban was in the auto body shop. Our 24 yr old daughter and our grand daughter, were here visiting at the time. When returning to the vehicle after dinner, we open the door and the van was infested with roaches, INFESTED!!!!! I have five children from the ages of 24 to 9 and a 3yr old grand daughter. The roaches were crawling all over the van inside and out.

There were so many roaches in the van that none of us wanted to get in, but we had to go home, it was late. We used news paper and tried to rid the van of what we could see. We all got in and my 14yr old son held all of the bags and purses, so the roaches would not get into any of our belongings. My daughter had to hold the 3yr old in her lap, because there were roaches in her carseat. My 9 and 10 yr old children would not sit completely in their seats, the roaches were all over.

Early the next morning we took the vehicle back to the Aiea location, and they were corporative, and exchanged the vehicle. While heading to the beach that same day, my children see roaches. So we head home and cancel our day, because the location was closed. Early the next morning, I contacted the location and they were closed. I then called customer service and explained the issue. The lady I spoke with instructed me to return the vehicle to the airport location. She further added, due to the fact we received two vehicles with roaches from the same store, it appeared to be a location issue.

Before going to the airport location I gave them a call as advised, I gave a brief to the young lady who handled the call. The airport location rep then abruptly put me on hold, stating that she needed to talk with her manager. She then returned to the call and informed me that they had no vehicles and could not help us, with zero consideration and total disregard for our plight. I asked to speak to her manager, she told me he was too busy and he wo

NO Customer Service, Rude, Inconsistent

from Clackamas, Oregon

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

If I could give negative stars I would, but this forces me to give one star-which is more than inflated! This office is the epitome of horrendous. I had to rent a vehicle at the last minute. - I made my reservation on line, and requested a Standard size vehicle. When I get there, low and behold, they have NO CARS. - I end up with compact SUV (Jeep-something). My husband is 6' 3"- I am not quite sure what was expected to fit in this go kart of an SUV, but by the time we would get home, his knees would be indented from being squished into the front dash area - I also have two kids- one in a car seat and one who is 6f'.. a compact SUV just does not work- hence standard size vehicle rental. - But this location does not offer to go get another car that is better suited and pretty much, i am stuck with this compactor.
By Sunday, we realize that we will have to extend our rental for another week, however , Clackamas location is not open on Sunday. So, we go to a location that is open on Sunday. The gentleman , Josh at that location was very pleasant, accommodating. He could clearly see we were unhappy and uncomfortable with the current situation. Within 10 minutes, we were in a vehicle that fit all of us - and any extras. ---> NOW, At this point i am under the impression that my contract has moved to the second location we visited. - Now on week 4, we still have not received our car back from the shop- so i call the second location on 7/12/17 to renew my lease again. I have renewed my lease every Wednesday, with the second location and i have never been told I need to go into or call the Clackamas to renew my lease/rental.
Low and behold i get a call from "Alena" (not sure of the spelling) at the Clackamas store today- she tells me that i need to renew my deposit on the vehicle., and argues every point that he co worker informed me of. - listening to argue is horrible customer service!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand