4.9
Other General Household Cleaners:
Simple Green
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services)

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services)

4.9

Pros

Cons

Simple Green All Purpose 32 fl oz

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

I like simple green cleaner because one, it smells good and two because it seems to be less toxic than most other cleaners I've used in the past. I have used many but I keep coming back to this cleaner for my tough garage jobs. It does a fairly good job of breaking up oil and I've used it on just about everything you can imagine from the barbeque grill outside to the kitchen faucet inside. As with all chemicals, you must use cation and keep away from children and pets and avoid direct contact with the skin and eyes. Read the warning label before using. I learned that long ago.

It's a good cleaner although it's not the best cleaner. It's very name is Simple Green but there are chemicals in there that make it work. Don't let the name fool you. it is a chemical and should be treated as such. All in all, it works well for my needs.

I actually really like the scent. Its a pine smell of some kind and a bit strong but I'm OK with it.

Was introduced to Simple Green Cleaner in the military!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

Simple Green was a cleaning staple when I was in the military. That was the first time I had contact with it. So every time I smell it, it brings back many memories. It is non-toxic and biodegradable which is a plus. Trust me, you can clean almost anything effectively with this product. It is also very economical because you dilute it with water and a little goes a long way.

Simple Green is an excellent all purpose cleaner to have on hand. It works well on grime and dirt and just about anything. Simple Green also works as a laundry stain remover. It is good for the environment and works just as well as chemical cleaners that are not good for the environment. It saves time and money.

Although the scent of Simple Green brings back happy memories, it is not the best smelling stuff. At the same time, it is far from horrible. It does have a clean smell and that is what is important.

Simply the BEST.

from North Canton, OH

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

This is one cleaner I will always recommend. The first time i used it i was volunteering at my church. What made me fall in love instantly was the fact that I could clean for hours without itching or sneezing. The clean smell is different from normal lemon smells, but still very fresh. The way this product smells isn't the only upside, it cleans everything. From soaking baby toys to scrubbing floors. It's safe for everything. definitely a no brainier for companies and households both to use this product.

Environmentally great and biodegradable

from Westminster, CO

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

I love this cleaner. I received a sample of it and liked it so much I have been using it ever since. We try to stay away from harsh chemicals in most cleaners these days. This is one that is non-toxic and biodegradable. It is concentrated and you only add two ounces of the concentrate and fill the rest of the bottle with water so it is completely natural. The best part is that it clean so well. I use it all over the house and have recommended it to friends and relatives as well. I just wish the price were a little lower but I guess when you consider that it is so concentrated and that you mix it with water it really is not as expensive as most of the cleaners with all the toxic chemicals in them. Very good product.

My mom always has to have a supply of Simple Green

from New York, NY

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

In our family tree, there are many former Home Economics teachers.  My mother's  background is also having worked in the fashion industry.  So, she has an obsession with clothes and the washing of them.  This is the pre-treatment spray I mentioned in my review of 20 mule team borax.  I will also use hair spray first to try and prevent the spread of stains like ink, and spaghetti sauce.  Sometimes, you will have better luck blotting first, then trying to get the rest of the stain out.

We learned of this product years ago.  I have personally used it to clean non-self cleaning oven -toasters.  It says, it is non-toxic and biodigradable, but is concentrated, so make sure to read the instructions to prevent waste or skin irritation.   I have used it to clean some jewelry.  We will clean the tile floor with it.  I have cleaned some art supplies with it ,or messes made with those supplies.  I do suggest you use this one instead of the lemon scented (yellow colored), because my mother feels it is more effective.  The thing I don't care for is the smell.  It is not terrible, but if you are affected by certain smells, you may want the other scent.

The price may really vary.  I just saw it in one supermarket and the price is more than double than another off price liquidator.  One was a spray, and the other pour.  We buy the bigger size now ,with a very good price at a big home improvement store.  It is also more convenient to have it on hand.  I have not come across a coupon for it except once, but have not checked their website recently.  Coupons on companies websites tend to require a download of a computer printing application? , which I do not do.  The bottle says, more  tips are available on their website.  Initially, I think, we bought it at an automotive store (is that what they call them), so perhaps check that section too, if  you can not find it.  If it is not in your local grocery store, sometimes they will order for you.   If you often frequent a small store they may offer to order it, if they think you will continue to buy it there.

Non-Toxic Simple Green works inside and out.

from Bremond, TX

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

How does Living History fit with Simple Green? Very well, actually. A friend of ours introduced me to this product after a pre-1840's event at a local state park. He spritzed the inside of the barrel of a black powder revolver with Simple Green. I was amazed how well it cleaned out the burned powder residue. He explained how S.G. worked in the kitchen, bathroom, and even in the laundry on his grimy work clothes.

I noticed the Good Housekeeping Seal on the bottle as he worked, and decided I needed some of this cleaner with the strong piney smell. I found that Simple Green was biodegradeable, and worked on many common stains, too.

First I tried it in our summer kitchen on the porch; the stove was greasy and grimy from canning and cooking overlaid by dust blowing in from the yard. A bit of extra scrubbing on the tough spots, and the stove gleamed. Next was an old shelf stored in the tractor shed -- spray, wipe, and it was clean.

In a cleaning frenzy I attacked the bathrooms and kitchen inside the house. Everything smelled fresh and sparkled. Be sure to use this product in well ventilated areas, as the scent is as strong as it's cleaning ability.

Whether you're in the early 1800's for the weekend, or back in 2010, Simple Green will get the grime.

This works for anything and smells nice.

from Sutherlin, OR

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner 32 fl oz (Services):

My mom showed me this stuff because she is a clean freak. I recently moved to an older place and needed some good cleaner. This stuff is powerful so don't use too much or it may choke you. It cleans almost anything, mold, dirt whatever. Love this stuff. always keep it on hand.