1,380 reviews
Mr. Clean

Read 1,380 Reviews

Pros

Cons

Wow...I had no idea my shower could get this clean!!!

It's always a toss-up in our house who is going to end up cleaning the bathrooms...both my husband and I hate that part of housekeeping!  However, I am no longer quite as loathe to scrubbing as I used to be.  One of my friends gave me one of the two **Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Febreze Fresh Scent** because she is extremely sensitive to scented products.  I took it home and used it that night...wow!

**Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Febreze Fresh Scent** are super easy to use...just wet the sponse with water and scrub away!  There are two sides, the white soft side that dissolves as you scrub surfaces, and a blue side that contains a foaming cleaser and wipes away messes.  The scent and foam both start working immediately as soon as you squeeze the wet sponge.  Now, I was worried that the foam would be too much and I'd have to do a lot of rinsing, but it doesn't get too bubbly...just enough to get things clean and then only needs a quick splash of water to rinse away.  Two scents are available: Meadows & Rain or Citrus & Light.  Like all the other Febreze products I've tried, the Meadows & Rain scent is very fresh and pleasant.  Obviously, as my friend experienced, if you're really sensitive to strong smells, this may be overwhelming to you, but I LOVE scented products.  Imagine how happy I am to have a cleanser that doesn't smell like chemicals!

As far as its effectiveness, I was floored (and embarrassed!) at how much grime and soap scum came off my shower stall with some decent scrubbing with the **Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Febreze Fresh Scent**.  Hard water stains didn't completely disappear, but they definitely looked less noticeable, both in my shower stall and on the stainless steel hardware.

So my beef with the product?  As always, I hate the fact that there are harmful and potentially toxic ingredients in the **Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Febreze Fresh Scent**.  It would be fantastic is Proctor & Gamble worked at making Febreze and Mr. Clean products more eco-friendly.  But I can definitely attest to this being an amazing cleaning product.  Between the fresh scent and the effectiveness of getting grime and dirt off my surfaces, I will be purchasing my own box of **Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Febreze Fresh Scent**!

*Addendum to original review: the Febreze scent is strong for your first use.  If you use the sponge at a later time after it dries, it's significant lighter...almost non-existent.  I was a little disappointed that it didn't last longer, but it still cleans as well until all the white sponge wears away.*

I don't understand the Love Affair with this Product

I've tried Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser twice now and both times it failed for me.

I've tried Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser twice now and both times it failed for me.

The first time, it was for crayon marks on the wall.  Magic Eraser did not remove them.  I ended up sanding them off and re-painting.

Disenchanted, I didn't bother with the Eraser again until recently.  There were some mystery fingerprint marks on a wooden door in our house.  I tried the Magic Eraser again on these.  I wet it down (as suggested) and rubbed.  Nothing.  I rubbed harder.  The marks lightened, but were not gone.  I finally gave up.  After the area dried, I saw that the Magic Eraser had removed the finish and stain of the wood!  It had left the fingerprint marks, but had removed the finish on the door.

So far, I have found this product to be worse than useless.

I don't understand why people rave about it.

What would I do without Magic Erasers??

from Brookville, OH

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I'm a preschool teacher, and I don't know what we would do without the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! We clean so many things with theses every day! They remove crayon marks on tables, tiled floors,trash cans, chairs, walls, toys, selves and I'm sure almost anything else. We use them to clean sticky shelves as well. They remove stains, scuff marks off the floor, cleaning baseboards. We also use them to clean the computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse. They remove adhesive residue after removing stickers. I honestly don't know what people did before Mr. Clean Magic Erasers came around in the preschool setting! If you work with children, especially with young children, this is a MUST in a classroom that you want to look tidy and clean!
The only downside I have found with the magic erasers are they don't seem to last very long, especially when you have to scrub at something for awhile for the crayons, etc. to be removed. After awhile they start falling apart pretty easily and you have to throw them away.

They do great at removing crayon marks, which is what we use them for in the preschool classroom I'm currently in! They are very well worth the price you pay for them!

I personally say they don't have much of a scent.

Great Product!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

The first time I tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser I knew I discovered a new favorite. This cleaning product is amazing! It works great on many things. I first used it to get crayon marks off of a wall but then I experimented and found so many more uses. One of my favorite uses for the Magic Eraser is to clean shower doors. It gets soap scum off just like it's name "magic." All I do is get the surface wet and then I wipe down the shower doors with the eraser. Then I use a glass cleaner and the scum is off! I have used it on the shower walls as well. I have used the Magic Eraser on counter tops for tough stains and one day I got a small dab of ink on my white shirt and the only thing I had to use was my eraser, so I tried it, and again, just like "magic" the ink disappeared.

The Magic Eraser has no scent, so you won't be knocked out with any strong odors, and you can get more than one use out of it!

You do need to be careful when using the Magic Eraser on flat painted walls though because it can take the paint off.

I highly recommend you try the Magic Eraser and I am sure you will find even more uses for it.

Amazing!

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I absolutely love Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They really do clean just about everything! It is awesome to be able to just erase grease from my kitchen walls and crayon from walls and furniture from the children. It is so easy to use that when the children make messes on the walls, they actually want to clean it up themselves! I love having a product that makes my children want to help me clean! I do not think it really has a scent to it, but the performance could not be better. I have always liked Mr. Clean products and purchased my first Mr. Clean Magic Eraser shortly after they came out. I have been using them ever since. I am not sure if it really disinfects, I still like to use my Lysol Disinfecting Spray for that, but it really does clean very well. It is great for cleaning my microwave too! Just wet the eraser, wring it out, and erase. It is that simple. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone.

Time saving product!

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I don't usually leave rave reviews on cleaning products. I find most don't live up to their hype. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is an exception to this. I absolutely love this product because it does exactly what it is advertised to do - no hype, no gimmicks, just solid performance every time.

This is my go to product for cleaning surface stains from just about anything. It works fantastic on textured surfaces that most products have a difficult time cleaning. It also works well on painted surfaces that other cleaners may be too harsh for.

The Magic Eraser is made of melamine foam, which basically acts as a super fine abrasive. It literally buffs stains out like a super-fine grain sandpaper (which it essentially is). The plus side to this material is that it works without the use of harsh cleaners.

These do wear down very quickly, but they're very inexpensive. If the surface of your Magic Eraser gets gross just dampen it and rub your fingers over it - this should remove any of the old build up and leave you with a nice workable surface again. You can also easily tear these if you only need a small piece.

Cleaning miracle.

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I purchased these after noticing how gross my shower actually was. It had soap scum everywhere do to my husband not wanting to use body wash. And soap scum was all on the glass shower doors. You couldn't see through all the spots clearly. So I tried these after hearing how good they were from several people. One morning after my daily shower I opened the box and got to work. It took hard work to get the soap scum off the wall but after about ten minutes I had one wall completely clean. The shower doors took a minute all I did was scrub them down the the magic eraser there was no hard work involved in it. I keep a magic eraser in my bathroom now and use it about once a week in the shower to keep it clean. My only complaint about them is they tend to break in half it would be nicer if they stayed in one whole piece. I love recommending this product to everyone and I always make sure to keep them on hand.

No scent but awesome to use

That bald headed man has made clean up a breeze

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

This is the product I have waited forever for. When your favorite cleaner can make things easier more convenient and better it just makes the whole world smile a little bit. No more do you have to mix this cleaner in a bucket with water and grab a towel and scrub then rinse then ring then scrub and repeat. No you can grab a fancy little sponge and just wipe away at those nasty stains and dirt and grime. This is perfect on counter tops and toilet seats and furniture and even works well on carpet spills. This product is a definite dream come true.

The old saying of anything you can do I can do better applies directly to this version of this cleaner and all of the ones that proceeded it. Cleanliness is just a sponge away and it can clean anything in record time compared to the old way of using it. And not only can it clean it fast but it cleans it well and I no longer have to worry about my children licking the table or the counter.

I wish it had a lemon scent or a mountain spring type scent. I am not a fan of just plain cleaner smell

amazing product.

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

Mr Clean is a very well known name in the market of Cleaning products. I have used several of it's products in the past including the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It runs a little pricey as compared to regular sponge, possibly because it works well with water alone. I believe it has in built cleaner which works well both ways, dry and wet. Gravies always pop out of the pan when being cooked that stains the walls really bad and I have used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to take them off. For light stains, I do not wet the sponge. To clean the furniture, floors, the blinds and the stove tops I just wet the eraser and scrub the stains off. The eraser works well, but runs out really quick. Overall, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is not a "Must to have" product for me but I like to keep a pack of these for a quick clean up when I do not have time to use other cleaners, which I have to let sit before wiping off.

Magic Eraser--doesn't work on everything

from Greer, SC

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I'm not a huge fan of chemicals so I usually use them as a last resort. We received these as part of a gift for our daughter's second birthday. The package was full of artsy things (markers, paints, crayons, etc.) and so the gifter graciously included these with the gift just in case we had a mess on our hands. Our daughter used some bathtub crayons on different surfaces in the bathroom including the bathtub and the toilet. We used the enclosed sponge to get the bathtub crayon off the bathtub, but it would not get the crayon off the toilet. We tried several other natural methods and other cleaners, but nothing would work. Desperate, we used the magic eraser on the toilet, but it would not get the crayon off. We scrubbed and scrubbed, and although it faded the colors significantly it did not get it off and it is still very noticeable on the toilet seat. We have used this product a few other times on other surfaces and it worked fine, but for some reason it was unable to clean the crayon off the toilet seat.

does not work on all surfaces

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

I bought this Mr. Clean Magic Eraser because I was very impressed by the commercials on television. I found the price to be a little high considering there were only two cleaning erasers in the box. I read the directions and following them to the letter, first using the eraser dry for light messes. The eraser cleaned the mess alright, but it took a little more scrubbing than what I was used to when cleaning. I then wet the eraser and tried it on my stove top burners. That was a little harder of a mess to clean. Most of the burnt on food and stains came off and I was able to clean the drip pans about ninety five percent clean. I did find the erasers did not last as long as a regular scrubbing pad. The erasers did shrink away pretty fast considering the little bit of cleaning I used them for. I did like the fact that there was no added scent to the erasers. I also liked the fact the erasers did not cause any skin issues when I used them. I don't find them worth the cost though.

I can't live without this product!

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:

Who doesn't love a clean kitchen, a shiny bathroom, and bright white sneakers? I know that I love all of those things, and the magic eraser helps me accomplish every one of these tasks! I had a disgusting kitchen with food particles everywhere, the magic eraser fixed that issue. My bathroom was covered in soap scum, and after I used the magic eraser, it was all gone! My favorite brand new pair of shoes got stained on the white part of them by coffee, and the magic eraser made them look brand new again!

This is truthfully my favorite household cleaner that I own. I would recommend it to anyone who loves to have not only a clean home, but also clean things! This product is one of a kind in my opinion, and I will continue to use it in my home faithfully!

There is virtually no scent that comes from the magic erasers, which is awesome! There is never any odorous or bleach-like scent that gets given off by the magic eraser. I really love this product!