Other General Household Cleaners:
All-Purpose Cleaners
Method

Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Efficient (3)

• Cleaning (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Meticulous cleaner (3)

TOUGH cleaner, clean scent, earth-friendly

One person wrote that this product left streaks on glass... no fooling--- it's not made to clean glass! (Try the same thing with 409 or any other 'all purpose cleaner' & you'll find the same thing.)

Method makes a fantastic peppermint-scented glass cleaner just for that purpose.

Sure, having multiple cleaners defies some of Method's whole earth-friendliness, but apparently people like the products so much that the company keeps obliging with more-specific cleaners for separate purposes.

However, its cucumber all purpose cleanser is AWESOME! It cleans better than others I've used (among natural AND mainstream products)--for instance, grimy buildup on textured white refrigerator doorhandles doesn't easily come out, but this product works wonders! The key is PATIENCE: just let it sit on any type of mess (about a minute)--especially dried-on ones--and this cleaner excels. It's a surprisingly strong cleaner among 'green' products AND readily available commercial ones.

The scent is that of freshly cut cucumbers. It's lovely and freshens whatever room I've just cleaned. I find it lingers about an hour. After that, I can no longer smell cucumbers but the room is still fresh. This is in direct contrast to mainstream cleansers which leave a 'tight' feeling in the back of my throat (sometimes causing me to cough/choke) from the irritants in the chemicals.

Of course, anyone who's familiar with *true* earth-friendliness/non-toxicity knows that scent is a no-no, but I can't resist this one! And, while its ingredients also aren't completely earth-safe, again, in making smaller footprints, it's a great start to getting the harshest chemicals out of our homes.

The "green" factor not enough to outweigh average performance

In an effort to green up my act, I wanted to try an environmentally friendly bathroom cleaner. I have tried a couple of other Method products and was happy with them, and this all-surface cleaner was available at my local grocery store, so I decided to give it a chance. It is a bit pricier than traditional cleaners, but given the Method brand, I was ok with that.

Unfortunately, I have to report that its performance left much to be desired. It did well on countertops in the kitchen, and ok on glassy surfaces. The fresh, organic smell was certainly a welcome alternative to the standard chlorine treatment that you get with most bleach-containing products.

However, on shower tile, sink, toilet and bathtub, it did not work nearly as well. It took lots of scrubbing; the Method cleaner did not cut through soap deposits quickly enough, and I used up my first bottle much faster than I thought I would.

So overall, while this works fine on certain surfaces, I must say you can get biodegradable wipes to do the same job, and it doesn't work as well in the bathroom.

Great cleaner & smells fantastic too!

from Taken82

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

• Auto

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I use this cleaner to clean my stove, counters and even the floor mats in my car. It cuts grease and does a great job cleaning dirt too.

Smells good cleans good

from Blue Springs, MO

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Eco Friendly
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions
    • Smells fresh

• Kitchen

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I use it on my kitchen counters to clean up after things as serious as raw chicken and I feel like it's gentle enough that I use it on my babies high chair. My favorite part is the smell, instead of smelling like chemicals my house smells like cucumbers.

Method Soap

from San Jose, CA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Smells Good

Cons

• Hard to Clean Residue

• Home
      • Office

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I use this product to clean tables. It works pretty well, and gives of an nice smell. The smell isn't to strong though.

Cut down on that under-the-sink cleaner clutter

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I love that I can spritz it on just about any surface (I use it for the counters and messes on the floor), wipe it up, and not make cleaning into some kind of insurmountable ordeal. I used to have a sink cabinet full of all sorts of chemically-smelling products for cleaning different surfaces that I would just avoid using! Aside from finding them aversive, leaving the bottles around outside the cabinet was just unsightly. And you know how it goes...out of sight, out of mind. With the stylish Method bottle, I actually just leave the bottle in the corner, on the tub, or somewhere handy where I can see it all the time and grab it to use.

I use this cleaner for everyday types of cleaning, so I can't speak for how well it might do in severe or heavy-cleaning situations. I am not the cleanest of housekeepers and it still seems to do its job, even when I haven't cleaned for months.

I normally avoid cleaning because the offensive odor of cleaners gives me a headache and sometimes makes my nose and throat burn. Not a problem with this cucumber-scented cleaner!

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner is such a great cleaner. It cleans as well as any other leading brand and it smells great. I buy Method cleaner because it works really well but that's not the only reason. This company is serious about the environment and that is important to me. Method uses natural ingredients instead of a lot of synthetic garbage. The bottles are all made from recycled plastic so their is less waste. Method does no animal testing on any of their products, and they do not use any animal byproducts when making cleaners. This is really important to me. They have a policy to have zero waste when manufacturing their cleaners, and I wish more companies were as environmentally conscious as Method is. I also love that method products are pet friendly and they won't hurt my fur friends when I use them.

This cleaner is amazing. It works just as well as any of the other cleaning products out there and I get the added comfort of knowing it's not harming the environment.

I love the scent of Method Cucumber Cleaner. I have a sensitivity to most perfumes and other cleaners will make me have an allergy attack just from the smell of them. I can use Method cleaner without that happening and it leaves behind a clean fresh cucumber smell.

Its like being in a spa!

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

Method cleaners can never go wrong and am impressed with number of scents they have come up with. It was recently, for the first time I used any cleaner with cucumber scent. I have used many cleaners with flowery, nutty and citrus scents but this was different. The fragrance of this cleaner is so crisp and fresh just like a cucumber itself. It is like a spa solution in a bottle. Just like other Method products, it is a non-toxic, plant based formula that cuts the grease and dirt leaving the surface sparkling clean. I always believe if the ingredients of the products are readable and understandable by a layman, the product is safe to use, and it is so true for all Method products. This spray is good for any hard, non porous surface such as wood, ceramic, tiles, plastic, glass, mirrors, vinyl and many more. This cleaner comes in many more scents but I found Cucumber the best and unique!

This cleans well and leaves behind a pleasant scent.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I tried this several months back when we first started getting on our all-natural and organic kick. I was determined that anything in the house that could be replaced immediately with an eco-version was going to be replaced as soon as possible. I've read entirely too much about carcinogens and the health damage that household chemicals can cause.

After a little browsing on a popular online retailers site, I decided to check out some of Methods products. They're naturally derived which is great for us as we were trying to start going organic and natural. They're also non toxic which is great for the kids and the pets. My cats and dog will eat and chew on nearly anything they can get into so it's great to feel safer using this. Even if I lock it in the cabinet, one of them manages to sneak in so I feel confident that they're safer with natural products being stored in our home.

I really was afraid I would sacrifice some cleaning power but this doesn't seem to lose much at all. Usually, I let it soak in for a few minutes before I begin scrubbing. It seems to do a good job at loosening up all the caked on food on my microwave, my stovetop, and inside the stove itself.

The scent of this is nice. It smells like cantaloupe to me. The cucumber melon scent is very pleasant and it lasts several hours. It's nice and pleasant to clean with this.

It works just as good as some of the chemical cleansers I've paid for.

This product is one that I can actually say I love the smell of while I am cleaning. There is no harsh chemical scent at all. It smells like garden melons.

Another awesome Method product

from Greer, SC

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

Method has a really great line of natural cleaners. The cucumber all-purpose natural surface cleaner is no exception. We have really enjoyed using this product as a safer alternative to the harsh chemical-filled cleaners that are available. We use it anywhere from kitchen counter tops, to the front of the oven and microwave, to bathroom counter tops, and the kitchen table. It really is a multi-surface all-purpose cleaner. My three-year-old daughter loves to help clean. I can feel good about letting her clean with Method cleaners so that she can get the gratification of helping and I can get the relief that she isn't breathing in terrible chemicals. Another awesome thing about this cleaner is that it's relatively cheap. It's also a fun green color which my daughter thinks is so fun to clean with. What a great line of natural cleaning products for Method to encourage more natural, safer cleaning options with fun scents.

A great product

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I love using Method cucumber all purpose natural surface cleaner. I am very impressed with how well this particular product cleans! I use this product mostly in my kitchen and I am so impressed with it. Sometimes after I am done cooking a meal there is grease and food stuck on my stovetop but with method cucumber all purpose natural surface cleaner and a paper towel my mess is gone in moments! I also love that this particular product is natural. I have a small child and I don't want her to be exposed to harmful chemicals. I know that with this product I don't have to worry about that. I also love how affordable this product is. It's also very convenient to purchase. I just purchase it online and it is sent to my doorstep! I also just love the scent. It has a fresh cucumber scent that also left my kitchen smelling wonderful after cleaning. I do plan to purchase this product in the future and continue to use it.

Truly Excellent For All Surfaces

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Method Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner:

I try to be as eco friendly as possible but it can be difficult to find a green product that is effective as well. Thankfully Method makes excellent, effective cleaning products.

I've always used separate cleaning products for separate rooms (kitchen, bath, etc.) so to come across Method's Cucumber All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner was a pleasant surprise. I actually bought two, one for the kitchen and one for the bath.

The first thing you notice is the light, fresh scent! It's not chemically and overpowering like most cleansers. It's very pleasant and leaves a wonderful fresh, clean scent behind.

The spray bottle is very convenient and very easy to use, although I do wish the trigger were a smidge longer. The bottle fits nicely in your hand and is a good size but not so large that it becomes too heavy.

I found this to be a very good cleaner for both the kitchen and bath. I cleaned countertops and toilet lids with it and everything came out nicely with no streaks or residue. It's not quite as effective on stovetops, but you really wouldn't expect it to be.

I love that this is biodegradable and non-toxic so I can feel comfortable using around my family - human and furry alike.

I definitely highly recommend this.