3.5
Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)

Simmons BeautyRest Pillow Top Mattress

We bought our Simmons BeautyRest Pillow Top Mattress two years ago, and its just as comfortable now as it was when we first bought it. My husband and I had been tossing and turning on our old mattress for far too long, by morning we were both in the dip in the middle. We tried out many beds before deciding on the Simmons, and we both agreed it was the best for comfort within our budget. My husband used to always wake up with a sore neck and back every morning, now he doesn't want to get out of bed simply because he's too comfortable. The pillowtop makes it nice and soft, but the mattress is firm enough that my husband never noticed when I was getting up with our newborn many times a night. (Maybe its too good!) I recommended the Simmons brand to a friend who was mattress shopping with her husband, and they're happy with the Simmons that they picked out as well.

The Simmons Beautyrest Black does not hold up.

In September of 2007 I bought the most expensive and what I was told was the best mattress in the store.  In October 2007, the store replaced my Simmons Beautyrest Black with a new Simmons Beautyrest Black because of what I called "pot holes" in the mattress.  True, it was supposed to conform somewhat to our bodies, but even the cat's body??  There were holes where just my foot had lain.  And the mattress precipitated body heat.

Within months the new mattress had the same pot holes.  I called the store and they sent someone out to measure the holes or indentations in the mattress.  Using a weight on one end of the naked mattress and a string pulled taunt accross the mattress to the other side, he determined that our pot holes were only about 1" deep, and they needed to be 1 1/2" deep to qualify as being defective.  I note that the mattress was naked because when all covers, sheets, and mattress covers are removed from the mattress, these pot holes are not as noticeable to the human eye as they are when the covers are on.

Several months later I again called the store, and they again measured.  Same results.  I believe we did this 3 or 4 times total before the store refused to come out without charging for coming.  I tried unsuccessfully to reach Simmons by either phone or computer.  You are told to work through the company from whom you purchased the mattress.

I cannot afford to purchase a new mattress right now, so I sleep on a heat-producing mattress with pot holes and a 10 year warranty that I cannot seem to get enforced.

Hack the pillow top

from Kenosha, WI

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• The wood in the box spring is a nice color.

Cons

• Develops Cavity
  • Matress coils are vibrating.

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

Along with the sagging and lack of support, I now have a vibrating mattress. It is very strange. When I lay down the coils pulsate and the bed shakes for quite a while until it adjusts to me. It feels like somebody is pushing up on me from underneath.
    At any rate, some say the life of pillow tops may be extended by cutting of the pillow top. There are different ways of trying this, some cut it off and buy a new top. One man cut off his pillow top and then restitched by himself and saved a fortune, and his mattress.

mixed emotions

from Ontario

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity
    • Lumpy
    • Too Soft

• Primary Bed

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

Was very disappointed in purchase of simmons beauty rest bliss. My last beauty rest lasted 8 years with no problems. The bliss mattress started to sag after only a few weeks. I have never had hip pain before but after only a month on this bed I was in terrible pain and seeing chiropractor 2 times weekly. After some back and fort with the mattress store and simmons company I got my bed replaced. I was told my mattress was defective and wrong foam was put on pillow top. I exchanged my bliss for simmons luna firm tight top (didn't want to deal with pillow top issue again) and I have never been happier. Sleeping great again and waking up pain free.

what a waste of money

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

How can a mattress purchased 6 months ago sag with 4 inch deviations throughout get any worse? well how about because of a mark on the mattress smaller than a fingertip the dealer and simmons won't honor their warranty. great job Simmons, you should be very proud if your goal is to rip people off of their hard eared money.

Like others said - in starts to sink soon after purchase

from RI

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

Bought the pillow top - Mt Evans. After about 6 months, it was sinking in the middle. With two people lying in the bed, we will roll into one another. I'm not sure if it's the bed, but I do often wake with back/shoulder aches. So disappointed. I've kept past mattresses for 8 years or more and now I'm going to be mattress shopping again only 2 years after buying this one.

So bummmmmmmed!

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

Initially this mattress was so comfortable. Unfortunately it is now not. It's been about 5 months. It feels like it sags in the middle & we had the warranty people come and "evaluate it" which we were told we don't qualify to exchange or return. We paid 1,100 and didn't make it a year and now we are stuck with it. NOT HAPPY. My husband can sleep on rocks and he wakes up with a back ache & so do I.

Daily backaches

Support
            Feels like it sags.

Great for the Price!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

I've only had this mattress for about two months and so far so good. Shopping for mattresses is not the most fun thing in the world. To me it's downright boring. But, it's a necessary evil obviously as we need a bed to sleep on. The problem is, it's not hard to lay down on every single mattress in a store for 20 seconds each and like 90% of them. It's simply more comfortable than walking around or standing, which is what you're doing when you're going from store to store. It's when you get the mattress home that you really know what you've purchased. Knowing this, my wife and I didn't spend too much time shopping for our mattress. We picked out ones that didn't suck and went for the lowest price. This fit the bill.

This replaced a 12 year old Simmons Beautyrest my mom bought me in college. This was my first personal purchase of a mattress and so far I think we did a pretty good job. After 12 years on the beautyrest, this was a welcome change. The beautyrest was very bouncy whereas this mattress is not. Once you lay down, it's like the mattress slightly envelops you; very comfortable. I will say that the sides are not as strong as the beautyrest. by that I mean that when you sit on the side of the bed putting your socks on, there really isn't that much to support you. not that the bed goes completely flat, but it's like you're sitting more on a pillow than a mattress.

• Firmness:

not the quality i expected

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

I expected this mattress to be good quality and it has not been. I have not even had it six months and it is falling apart.

Firmness
            I like my mattress to be in the middle, not too hard or soft and this mattress fit the bill.

I am not hard on a mattress, but this one is not holding up well at all. I am quite disappointed.

Very comfortable, high quality

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

This mattress was incredibly affordable for the comfort and quality received. I love my new mattress, as a first time buyer. It is very soft, so not ideal for those who like a more sturdy mattress. It definitely makes mattress pads obsolete. My favorite thing about this mattress, however, is the support. I have chronic lower back pain that is comforted by this mattress.

Best mattress ever

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

I recently purchased a Catskills Plush Pillow mattress and Beautyrest Recharge Box Spring and I am in love. For the first time in years I don't need to use pillows to cushion my injured bits. I sleep through the night and wake up with fewer aches and pains than with the Temperpedic I replaced. I don't get hot during the night, either. If there is a downside, it is that it is 2 inches higher than my old mattress and my dog had a little trouble jumping up. He's figured it out now : ) I had originally planned to buy the Beautyrest recommended by Consumer Reports but that is no longer available. The replacement was good, but my son did some online research and suggested this one. I'm glad he did.

Comfort
            This is the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned. It cushions my hips and back so that I sleep well.

Firmness
            This is a pillow top on top of a firm base. I haven't owned it long enough to know for sure, but it seems like a good balance.

I've only owned this for a short time, but I have hope that it will be with me for a long time.

* comfortable

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Pillow Top Mattress:

Very nice bed that works well for side sleepers and people with chronic low back pain.

Comfort
            I suffer from degenerative disc disease and this bed is extremely helpful to my back. The only issue I have with this bed is it seems to be hot. It may be just me because it is a new bed and I am still getting used to it. I wake up many times drenched in sweat. My partner who sleeps in the bed says he has no problem with being too warm. I also bought the mattress cover and two pillows that supports my neck. My old bed was at least twenty five years old and they said it takes awhile to get used to a new bed. I have the queen size.

Support
            This bed has very good support for my lower back. I am a side sleeper and have no problems. My partner said he has never slept on such a nice bed before. He sleeps like a baby now.

Firmness
            This bed is not too soft and not too firm. For me, it is perfect. So glad to have this bed and got a good deal on it also at the matress store.

Very durable . No sinking or sagging. You could jump up and down on this bed without any problems.