3.2

Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry

3.2

Pros

Cons

Found: The Perfect Pieces!

**Intro**There isn't a woman alive that at one point hasn't slumped down at the sight of yet another invite to a "party," whether it be for kitchenware, gourmet food, candles, jewelry, etc. No one wants to go and sit and listen to a representative demonstrating the merchandise, and certainly no wants to play the silly games that inevitably seem designed to make someone have to host a party. This past weekend I went to a Silpada Designs jewelry party, and was delighted to not have to put up with any of that stuff, and only had to shop (it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it).**Merchandise**Unlike at many other jewelry parties, the silver Silpada Designs carries is sterling silver. In addition, some of the items might feature freshwater pearls, coral, or turquoise, and some items even have black or brown tooled leather. There was a very wide selection of necklaces, bracelets, rings, ankle bracelets, and watches. In addition, they also sell an amazing jewelry cleaning cloth. I attended the party with my sister, and after watching the cloth do such a great job on her bracelet, she bought two of the cleaning cloths, and nearly bought a third!**Representative**To me, a good representative makes or breaks the party. Not only was there no hard sell or pressure, the Silpada representative, Lisa Mikottis, was very knowledgeable about all of the items that were carried. As it was, she had laid out a long dining room table full of jewelry, and it was a very wide variety. There were a few things we were interested in from the catalog that weren't laid out, but she explained if she brought all her pieces, it would take her hours to set up. Instead of handing everyone an order form and pencil and directing them to begin filling it out while she talked (and we've all had that happen to us at these parties!), there was no big talk, and the order forms and pens were in a different room. There was absolutely no pressure to buy anything. Lisa simply stood nearby waiting to answer questions, should we have any. She seems to be some type of uber party representative, as she also represents B's Purses. **My Silpada Experience**I went with one objective – to find a necklace that would be "universal" for me. I wear a lot of black and silver, so I was looking for a piece that I could wear with almost everything in my closet (I don't ask for much ... do I?). Some of the shirts I wear tend to have a low neckline, and I wanted something to take away from my flat chest. Note my picture in the upper left here. I have a fur collar doing the very same thing. I browsed the table and found one piece that I was interested in, and since I was with my sister, she told me the brutal truth every time on what looked good and what didn't on me. She wasn't a fan of this piece and me together.While I continued the search, I came upon an unexpected find in the Silpada Designs catalog. Here was the perfect ankle bracelet I had been searching for for about eight years. I had bought an ankle bracelet (again, black and silver) in Florida and broke it a short time later. And despite the fact we visit my in-laws down there every year, I have never found a replacement for it. Both times we have visited Acapulco, known for its silver, I haven't been able to find the perfect one. I even went to a bead shop in New Orleans and had one custom-made. This lasted me for a few years until I broke that as well. Now I'm back at square one again, and here staring at me from the catalog, was exactly what I had been searching for all these years.You'd think I would be content with that, but I still kept searching for the perfect necklace. When the party was winding down, I finally asked Lisa for help, and I'm so glad I did. She did in two minutes, what I couldn't do the ninety minutes before. She found he perfect necklace for me, a three-strand black-beaded necklace accented with a few silver beads, a sterling silver disk pendant, and an extender to add to the back of the necklace to make it a bit longer for those plunging necklines, when I need it. I never would have thought of putting these pieces together, but it was perfect, and the moment I looked in the mirror, I knew it, as well as my sister and my best friend, as they both said, yep, that's it. That's you. I hadn't met Lisa until that night, yet after just a few minutes of me explaining what I was looking for, she knew exactly what I needed and wanted.**Conclusion**Yes, I know, I should have waited until I received the Silpada Designs pieces I ordered to post this review so that I could include a few pictures, but I was so excited, I just had to post this right away before I lost that. I'll be sure to post a few pictures after I receive them, though. I walked away from this party not second-guessing myself for spending too much on stuff I didn't need, but instead walked away thrilled that I'd found two perfect things I'd been searching for.

The fine sterling silver broke; changed color; and got spots.

**To the Point**My next door neighbor had a Silpada party. Silpada is the name of a jewelry company and in the style of Tupperware offers home parties. Kelly, the repressentative, was very nice and very professional. I bought a pair of earrings that are heavy. She can't bring all her items because there are too many so much of what I bought was via the catalogue. Had I known how heavy the earrings are I wouldn't have bought them.

**A Closer View**

I decided to have my own party with Kelly. She sent out the invitations. Other than making coffee and having some food I did nothing. She set up her table and took over. There was no hard sell. In fact there was no sell. She was there to answer questions. There is no question the items looked beautiful.

Depending on how much my guests bought depended on how much free jewelry I got. The person having a party gets 30% of the retail sales in free jewelry. I was able to order two pairs of earrings for my daughters, a ring I gave to my daughter, and two bracelets and a necklace for myself.

I ran into problems with three of the items. The ones I bought are sterling silver. Some of the items have brass on them. One of the bracelets has brass interwoven with silver. Within months the brass started to change colors. Within weeks the bracelet with a heart developed black spots on the heart. I called the number Kelly told me to call and there wasn't an enthusiastic "Oh of course we'll send you a new one." I did get a new one, which has been fine, but I think exchanging the first one should have been easier.

The sterling silver necklace which was beautiful broke. I may have worn it twice. If I were handy I could perhaps have fixed it but I'm not and gave it away to someone who does beading. Silpada's jewelry ranges from very inexpensive like $15.00 to hundreds of dollars.

I would not buy from Silpada again. The jewelry looks beautiful but in my experience it doesn't hold up.

Jo's Viewpoint

I don't like it!

Sales Reps give you the run around

from MI

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I bought a ring from them. The stone fell out when I contacted them on what I should do they sent me the contact information of the person who sold it to me. When I finally did get ahold of her she said she would see if she could find the bill of sale. I e-mailed her the bill of sale that that home office gave me and didn't hear back. Will never buy from them again. They don't guarantee their products and will give you the run around.

Happily surprised

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I got an invite to a friends party for an online Silpada event. I had been to home jewelry parties with a different company but never online.

I was happily surprised with the selection and I really do love shopping from home. My items came quickly, they wee exactly as pictured and for the price, surprisingly good quality. I bought matching rings for my young daughter and myself and size adjusters for her ring.

She plays basketball and doesn't wear hers to school, but I wear mine all day, everyday. The shine and glitter is still there, and none of the stones have fallen out.

I will definitely purchase again. The only reason I didn't purchase more at the first event was I was unsure of the quality and did not want to spend a lot in case the jewelry was not nice. Next time, I'll buy with confidence that I am getting a great product at a reasonable price.

Stylish Investments

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

Trend-setting, globally manufactured, warrantied for life re. craftsmanship not normal wear and tear. Sterling silver, brass, and natural stones. Worth the price point, to support women business owners, to grow small companies, to gift and encourage others, to provide fundraising support, and to promote a quality product. Only down side is favorite items may be retired from catalog, as new lines emerge yearly. Sometimes, there are backorders.

No guarantee!

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I just found out that my jewelry is not guaranteed!!! I own a bracelet from silpada that I purchased a few years back. The bracelet broke, I called customer care for a possible repair or replacement. I was told that because I purchased the bracelet from sales representative as a "cash and carry" I would not be able to replace it. I never knew they have a "cash and carry" option. So now I have several expensive pieces if jewelry that if they break I will never be able to fix or replace. It was great doing business with this company. Buyers be aware to ask about their "cash and carry" policy!!!!

Expensive Junk Jewelry

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I was presented with a Silpada catalogue by an acquaintance and felt obligated to buy something. This is probably the same reason contributing to 90% of the company's sales.

I purchased a beaded necklace that came out to over $100. According to the description in the catalogue it was made out of coral and genuine silver. I was pretty excited about receiving the necklace.

Once it arrived I was increibly disappointed to see the piece of cheap, zero quality, junk jewelry in the box! It looked like it was made of plastic and tin! I just stared at it for a while, because it looked like a $4.00 necklace you can find on sale at Walmart for $2.50. Every bit of me wanted to return this ugly piece of junk, but I felt bad for the person who sold it to me, as she may have needed the commission.

I will never buy the overpriced garbage from Silpada ever again. Besides, a $300 necklace from Silpada made of garbage is the same price as fabulous costume jewelry sold at your local Nordstrom or Bloomingdales. Don't be a sucker.

Great silver pieces that are made very well!

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I can't speak for each and every item that Silpada offers, since I don't own every piece they offer, but from the pieces I do have I can tell you that they are really remarkable.

Yes, the jewelry seems to be expensive but it actually isn't. See, Silpada offers a LIFETIME guarantee on their stuff; like if a stone falls out or any other defect. My step-mother had a bracelet for over 4 years, she wore it all the time and then one day a stone came loose. Silpada had since discontinued the bracelet so they couldn't replace it with a new one, but they gave her a store credit for the amount she paid for her original item. So, as you can see the value of her bracelet never went down; and she considers her pieces from Silpada to be 'investments' because of that.

I own 4 pairs of earrings, 3 necklaces, 2 rings, and 6 bracelets from Silpada. I wear all of my jewelry pretty often and have yet to notice any craftsmanship issues. What you WILL notice is that it tarnishes. That is EXPECTED!! Since it is made from real silver you HAVE to keep it up; they sell little polishing cloths for like $5 I think.

Think twice

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

The first ring I bought I loved, but one of the charms fell off. I knew of someone else who had the same ring, and it happened to her, and she was able to get it exchanged. I tried the same, but they no longer carry that ring, so I went for a different one. My mistake because ever since then I've had problems with the company. Within a week, yes, one week, of the new ring, the brass piece on the twirl came off. Very poor quality for the money. When I then said I wanted my money back, they tell me that can only be done within 90 days of original purchase (of the first ring)! So now they can't even stand behind that though I've had the exchange for a week. I can get a credit. Great, so I wait until there's something I may or may not want in a year or more from now. No thank you. I'd think twice before spending the money on this jewellery. It may look nice, but does it even hold up to quality or service, it is looking very doubtful.

reasonably priced mid-level jewelry.

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

fun, reasonably priced pieces. had some for >3 yrs, still all look great. I have several bracelets, earrings and necklaces. The designs are incredibly fresh and modern.
The jewelry is a good deal considering some of the prices for store costume jewelry. A good way to help women in your local area.

I liked the watch while the band lasted

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

I bought a Silpada watch for about $100 in November 2009. I'm not one of those people who have a dozen watches & change with my outfit. I wore this watch every day for 2.5 years until the leather watchband gave out. It didn't worry me, because with Silpada's "Lifetime Guarantee" I was sure I could get a replacement band. This watch has a custom band that attaches with 4 set screws, not the more customary roll-pins. I couldn't find a replacement band on Silpada's website, so I took the watch to several jewelers. The band is unique to Silpada. Estimates to have a band made are more than twice the cost of the watch. I called Silpada, still confident that I'd be able to get a replacement band from them. NOPE! Turns out the "Lifetime Guarantee" doesn't cover watchbands - even bands that are ever-so-custom-made. Not only that, but they don't stock replacement bands. Their only advice is to go back to a jeweler & have a custom band made. So, needless to say, I won't be buying from Silpada again. And, since this watch now goes in the trash, I'll be shopping for another watch that has a real guarantee that will be available to me 3 years from now. I feel bad for other people who bought this watch & haven't yet discovered that they will have to just throw it away when the polished leather band breaks! Caveat Emptor = BUYER BEWARE!!

Overpriced, cheap jewellery

Comments about Silpada Designs Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry:

Over the past year I attended two different Silpada events. I bought a necklace at the first and a bracelet at the second. In total I spent about $100.00.
(In truth these items were overpriced for the quality of design.)
Within three months the necklace broke and within six months the bracelet followed suit. I didn't contact the company since I had tossed the receipts (I know, I know).
It wasn't worth the hassle to return the items to the company for an exchange, obviously their products are junk.
There are some great comparable companies out there who are more original as well as affordable. Next time you get an invitation to a "silly"pada party, pass.