Other Home Parties & Direct Sales:
PartyLite Candles

PartyLite Candles

Pros

Cons

You can't find candles this good anywhere, not to mention free!

I've read all of the reviews below and have personally been using PartyLite products for over 10 years now. While I love candles, I don't light them every day. I buy a lot of items from discount stores, like Target or Wal-mart. I've shopped malls and discount places, dollar stores and everywhere else. Nowhere have I got into a store and been offered the opportunity to get anything I want for FREE. Granted, if you refuse to hang out with your friends and family and host a party, sure you can pay full price for the items in the catalog. However, you also have the opportunity (just like everyone) to get what you want for free. I truly believe PartyLite has the absolute best Hostess program in the whole DSA and gives their Hostesses more than anyone else even comes close to! That being said, yes, their items can seem pricey if all you are doing is looking at the catalog. When you see the items in person, you'll see they are MUCH better than you can get, not only at Wal-mart or Target, but more often than not, even better than you would find in any of your higher-end department stores. I don't believe those who have seen the higher end products in person would claim they are expensive, unless they are the ones going to a party focused on buying the least expensive item in the catalog. They also aren't focused on the fact that PartyLite accessories are made to be extremely versatile and can generally be used more than one way, therefore increasing the value.About the reviews I've read about Consultants being pushy, of course there are some that are going to be pushy...just like when you go to the mall and you can tell which people work on commission. Not all Consultants are that way though. I've dealt with many of them personally and know that some are quite pleasant and realize they are there for a party and to have a good time. Please don't think you have to have a party or be at a party to buy something, that is a total myth. Just call your Consultant anytime and they'll be happy to take your order.

What was I thinking when I had a book Party Lite party?

I haven't had a book party for any type of a home party (Tupperware, Jewelry, wicker etc) in like ohhhhhhhhhh 20 years and thought why not have one...it would be...Read complete review

Party Lite was the choice for a book party. I don't have the room to put a bunch of people so book parties work for me and many others better.  I had a good sale, but it was like pulling teeth to get more books.  I got the seasonal books, but I couldn't get the main catalogs for this party.  With everyone asking for them and not getting any and the dealer kept telling me the main office didn't send them to her (big sigh).  She sent me catalogs via email.  Nice, but I don't want people to be looking at this stuff when they were working and getting into trouble.

Besides the books not being available she was hard to get hold of and I found myself calling Party Lite's main office to ask questions and I was doing all the paper work.  I even asked the office if the lady I had really did sell this stuff or asked for a bunch of books and order forms at another time and is just collecting the money. They said she really did and it was all good.  I even mentioned about the main catalogs and they didn't have an answer for me nor did they offer to send some out to me.

I will be calling her tomorrow again to see what is up and where my orders are.  I am so not happy with this Party Lite right now.  If she decides to burn me she will not like the match I will start in anyway.

6/17/08: Update.   Well finding out the dealer I am working with is having some money problems and my order has not been put in yet.  I had to call Party Lite's Corp office...They are trying to get hold of this woman and fix this matter.  Anyone that gave me a check is to let me know if it was cashed or not.  At this point and time, I am very mad, upset, embarrassed, you name it. I hope their Corp. office will come threw and fix this issue...I will keep you posted!

6/18/08: Update.  Received a call back from a few people that wrote checks and they were cashed on the 6th of this month.  Now if she was having such issues and knowing this, why not ask her mom, boyfriend, bother, sister in law or myself to take the Party Lite money to the bank and get a money order for her and get it to Party Lite?  I have not been face to face with my consultant yet (she lives right across the street from me) and I will bring that point up to her if we do.

Party Lite corp has been very kind and said they will honor all of my orders so that is a good thing, but I won't be happy until the candles are in my boss's, co-workers, customer's hands.  As for me, I for me...stick a fork in me I am done.  I didn't think I would have to do a back ground check on people that do this, but I did. I was even more sick after reading what was and had been going on with her.

June 27th.  Well I contacted the Party Lite corp office and I was told to do to see if my "consultant" called them like she was asked to.  She didn't.  So now I have been transfered to a new department and I will be receiving paper work for all that ordered.  We will all need to fill out this paper work to let them know how we paid and how much.  Yeah, kind of a run around, but they are getting burned to by this lady and they have to do what they need to do.

July 7th.  Last week I received the paper work that my guest need to sign so the orders go in.  I also did get an email from the "consultant" to my surprise.  She tells me in this email that she lost my order in the computer and needs it again.  I was pretty mad reading this and wanted to reply back saying "Hmmmm the paper orders would be in the large envelope where the money was that you found".  I stopped and thought about it and waited to call Party Lite the next day.  She liked the email I would have sent back, but I thought that was  to much "grade school".  I chose to email her and let her know which person from Party Lite I was dealing with and if she had any questions she may contact Party Lite and that person.  I am hoping to get all of the paper work signed early this week and send it back out to Party Lite and we should see our candles shortly after that and put this behind us.

July 21st. I received our candles.  Very nice candles, but pricey.  I don't blame Party Like for the issues I had with this party...I blame the consultant who thought of herself and not the customer.

Will I ever have another Party Lite party...NO WAY! NOTE: Party Lite Corp does stand by their products, but I think this day and age they might need to check out the people that sell their products for them.  This could happen for any home party (tupperware, purse parties , jewlery etc...so always have someone do the show that you really, really  know!

I truly hope this was more then a review for you, but something learned that happened to me so it doesn't happen to you.

Wellmade and wonderful

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

Gifted with a Partylite item, I enjoyed the silver-toned oversized votive which casts light around a room. I purchased several pillar candles then gifted another but the tiny votive candles purchased for my wedding still have scent ten years later.

Waste of money

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

The partylite candles are good but the rest of the stuff is over priced! You want to buy any partylite accessory go to any garage sale or thrift store and buy it for pennies on the dollar! Pushy sales people telling you how great the products are. Well they are all made in china like everything else. If you want to buy similar products for less to to any discount store.

PartyLite Candles work great

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

I came upon PartyLite 2 years ago when a friend of mine was having a party. I had never heard of this brand before but like Tupperware there is a "party" for everything. I figured I would go and see what it was all about. At first (and actually still do) think the prices are quite high compared to competitors. But then I listened to what was said and quality overall and did agree with them (but still felt the way I did over the cost factor). During the sales I stuck mostly with non-candle items such as salad dressing, garlic powder, room spray, decorative candle holders and obviously I did purchase candles. Overall I feel the PartyLite Candles work great. I love their fragrance which happens to last quite sometime. I know this from personal use AND from people I have given as gifts to. They last a very long time in comparison to other candle brands. They burn smoothly as well.

Candles of various sizes, shapes and scents by PartyLite company

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

PartyLite is a company that has representatives that do home parties to demonstrate their products. They have a variety of candles holders, accessories and room scents. Their candles come in many sizes, shapes and scents. Their products are high quality and their candles burn cleanly and come in pleasing scents; however their prices are quite high.

Good scents, great value

from Sanborn, NY

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

I absolutely love this companies candles and candle related products. The wicks don't smoke or leave black soot marks on the walls or ceiling. The candles become liquid as they burn - no more tossing a candle that burns down the center only. The candles are available unscented or scented. The scent is very long lasting, the candles will scent a room even when not being burned. This company offers many styles, types and sizes of candles. Whatever size you choose, the quality is consistent making for a good value. You can find numerous decorative items for gift giving, holiday decor or for everyday use. The products vary with the seasons and candle scents are often changed. The company usually offers monthly promotions. There is an online outlet or products can be purchased through consultants at home parties. What a great, fun way to enjoy an evenings entertainment!

Scents are terrific, sales are good, but overall would say price

from Williston, VT

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

I did love the scent and design of all the candles i have purchased. sometimes i have received great sales but overall these candles are a lot more expensive than i should be able to afford. My hostess was a good salesperson and offered deals and suggesstions and most of the time we made something work but in these economic times price is highly important to me. I think if you become a hostess you get discounted products and then it would be way worth it.

Amazing

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

I love love love Partylite candles!! They have great scents and they usually burn for quite a while. I highly recommend you find a Partylite consultant and start using their products! Not only are the candles amazing they have some great home decorations.

Not impressed.

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

I was invited to a PartyLite home party and figured I would attend. First thing first: Their products are BEYOND overpriced. Similar items you could get elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. There were things I liked, but the prices were absolutely ridiculous.

I decided to order a few boxes of votives. I am a devoted fan of Yankee Candle, but was assured these were better. I ordered several boxes of votives ($30 worth) in several scents. Boy have I been dissapointed! Even when burning 3 votives in the same room, you can BARELY, if at all, smell the scent. Even my husband has commented on how he cannot smell them. I can burn just 1 yankee candle votice and get more scent than 3 of these PartyLite votives. Needless to say, I won't be ordering again.

Great smells and items at now lower prices

from Marion, IA

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

The best I think. I first thought they were over priced but now i know they are not. I love them you get 12 tea lights for $12.50 and each one burns for about 4 hr. and they burn clean and all the way out. also you can pick them up and toss them out when they are burned out. the holder is not hot.

They are better than Walmart or others as the sent in Partylite candles are in the wax not just on the outside. also the wick will not smoke as it burns like others because they do not have metal in them.

They also have lowered the price of some of the holders and other items and they have great deals.

So for me Partylite are the only ones i will buy.

A TOTAL RIP OFF AND SCAM

Comments about PartyLite Candles:

THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE WORD HONESTY MEANS. THEY TRY TO ROPE YOU IN TO HAVE A PARTY AND THEN TRY TO RIP YOU OFF WITH A BUNCH OF HIDDEN FEES. THE DEMONSTRATERS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND YOU GET NOTHING BUT A RUN AROUND, THEN THEY TRY TO ADD ON OUTRAGEOUS FEE FOR SHIPPING (PLUS THEY TAX THE SHIPPING). I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING THROUGH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. OR GO TO ANOTHER PARTY. BEWARE !!!!