3.4

Miche Bag

3.4

Pros

Cons

The Coolest Handbag I Have Ever Owned!

You've probably seen the commericals for this purse on late night TV. It's a plain, black bag that has these permanent, credit and cell phone safe magnets built in. You buy a corresponding "shell" which is basically a chic, colored cover with the same magnets. You set the bag on top of the flat shell, fold up the sides which are held on by the magnets. And voila! You just switched bags so that it can match your outfit - without taking the time and energy to remove all your stuff and move it over to the new bag! What a concept, huh?Well, unlike many other "as seen on TV" products, this one is exactly what it promises to be. The magnets are very strong. The shell has to be disconnected from the base bag with a good tug to get it to come off - so I can say with certainty that it won't just fall off while you're at the mall or something. If you get your bag stuck on or underneath something, there is a possibility that it could come off depending on how it's stuck, but it's unlikely. The materials are also animal friendly - no leather or fur, it's all very high quality faux product.The bag is also a lot bigger than it looks in pictures or on TV. I'm one of those girls who carries a HUGE purse because I can't decide what I need or want to carry. This bag is much small than my old one BUT it's a good thing. It forced me to pick and choose what I need and want to carry. I don't need to carry such a large bag around. This bag is also more structured and organized which is great. It has 2 elasticized pockets - one big enough to fit your cell phone perfectly and the other one to hold your compact, keys, whatever. It also has a zippered pocket but it doesn't hold much. I use it to hold a few ponytail holders, bobby pins, coupons, and nail files. The bag was also able to hold my very large pocketbook, a medium sized bottle of ibuprofen, my very large sunglasses (plastic frames, doesn't fold completely flat), a couple lipglosses, hand lotion, and a few other things I can't remember. The bag also comes with a set of longer straps so you can wear it as a shoulder bag. Each shell also features little matching feet on the bottom so when you set it down it won't scrape on the floor.If you are interested, I would strongly suggest you check out QVC's website. That is where I bought mine and the price was much lower than any other place. The only downside to QVC is that you can't really pick out the shells you want. The bag autmatically comes with a black faux croc shell, a red faux croc shell with buckle detail, and a tan faux croc shell with bluckle detail and gathering. Right now, this set is on sale for about $70. On the miche bag site (www.4miche.com) it's $100. You can also purchase a pack of three shells which include a green purple and blue polka dot shell with black ribbon and bow detail, a pink faux croc shell, and a light green faux croc shell with buckle detail. This set is about $45 on QVC. Miche bag's site doesn't sell packs, they only sell individual shells which range from $25 to $30 each (www.michebag.com). So, as long as you like the shells, QVC is the best price. The shipping is also really fast. I received mine a week before the scheduled delivery date.So, if you are very busy and time pressed but you still want to be stylish this bag is for you. And it's really not that expensive if you think about it. If you buy both packages from QVC, it will cost you about $135 for basically six handbags. Which is only a little over $22. Not bad! ***http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^A85059,RecTypeInd^UPSELL,navlist^A85059*H09692*A86745*,cp^detail,tmp^related,cpprod^A85057,cm_scid^dtlr&walk=&cmtags=*****If you have ANY questions about this product or about my review, please let me know! Leave me a comment or send me a message and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Thanks!**

Miche...Just for fun, Not long term use

This bag is not very expensive, and the materials used are cheap. Great idea and buy if you have a hundred dollars or so for a fun way to carry a handbag with five different looks. I would DISCOURAGE people from purchasing any of the bags with metal embellishments such as the Zoe. The metal pieces are cheap, thin brads (made with two pointy "legs" that go through the tiny slits in the vinyl and are bent in place... the metal is so thin you could do this with your fingers) The metal embellishments of the Zoe are not riveted in place as with costlier bags. The brads will fall off after one or two uses, exposing the little slits that are too big for the little points of the brad. When I called Miche for replacement brads, I was told that they do not have them, and that they only sell the shells. I own 7 shells and also had to send my Shiela back for a replacement. The magnets were not placed in the right spot, or they were put in wrong... because of the heavier material used for the Shiela, the lovely shell fell off my bag twice in one day, plopped on the ground in the parking lot and plopped on the floor at Costco and one side fell dangling open the next. My friend, who sold me the bag, was great about getting an immediate replacement. The new one works great. I did not, however, want to ask her to replace the Zoe on the very next day, so I was hoping to repair just the brad. I have come to the conclusion that this bag is a "fun" item, not one for an active busy person who might brush against walls or shelves, throw her bag in the car along with grocery bags, walk close to family members while carrying the bag which might rub against them, etc. Again, the cost is less than most leather bags, but it is cheaply made. I would not discourage anyone from purchasing this fun fashion item if you have a few extra fashion bucks, but choose the plain shells, lightweight materials are best...AND while I have your eye... Miche claims to be animal friendly, and that no animals die for these bags. The part silk cover is the result of killing many silk worms! Though low on the food chain, worms are animals too. Thank you, silk worms, and thank you, readers.

Love the bags and billfold

from Greenville, Ohio

Comments about Miche Bag:

I have ballpoint ink stains on my yellow billfold, I have tried everything to take it off and nothing works. any suggestions. Thanks

worst experience ever

Comments about Miche Bag:

I purchased 1 bag and 1 shell. Much to my suprise, the shell bled on to the bag and now both are ruined.. Customer service was rude and didn't agknowledge the issue and offered nothing at all. They even accused me of leaving it out in the sun. I've only had this bag for two days, out in cold weather no less.

I greatly regret my purchase, I could have gotten a dollar store purse that was better quality than this.

Good bag - Lousy Customer Service!

Comments about Miche Bag:

I ordered one of this company's bundles as a present for my wife, but had several questions which required an answer before purchasing. Against my better judgment, I purchased the bundle and found this company's product to be good, but their total lack of customer service prompts me to look elsewhere for any item similar to theirs. Four emails, two phone call messages, a damaged box upon receipt, and no response to any of the aforementioned are my reasons for turning away from this company, as well as telling everyone I know to steer clear!

extremely rude rep

Comments about Miche Bag:

Well, I wish I could give this company a zero. I asked a rep who I will call "K" about one of their retired bags and about 4 weeks later she answers. I asked to see a picture of the bag and get an estimate of what the shipping might be. She then increases the price drasticly over a small 2.9% paypal fee, way above what the transaticon fee price would be (before adding shipping) She tries to pursuede me to pay my invoice under friends and friends and lie to paypal but eventually agrees to regualr invoice.

She then send me a friend request on Facebook to verify my identity... alittle weird but I'll go with it. I REALLY wanted this bag. Bad terrible idea

Another week goes by and she finally sends me a picture. After waiting so long, I thought she didn't care about the sale anymore so I went and bought bags elsewhere. I told her I couldn't afford it at this time and I had waited for her response for a long time, she could either sell it to someone else in the mean time, or wait a few days before I got paid again. (Didnt want her to have a pending sale)

Well, she FREAKED out, IN ALL CAPS, said how dare I make her go through so much effort to TAKE A PICTURE (in her own home) and guesstimate shipping (without going to the PO), and waste her time ( I still wanted to buy her other bags at the time, just not the super expensive one)

She then blocks ME and tells me how I should not contact her or buy from any of her companies again... well mission accomplished. It was so brutal that I had shakes for about an hour and felt dumb for allowing her onto my facebook :/. felt bad for a day. I've never seen such a reaction before. Overall bad experience

MICHE BAGS

Comments about Miche Bag:

LOVE the bags OMG what a concept! The material competes with any brand out there and in itself it is a brand, just like MK or Coach. It is affordable, versatile, it is the chameleon of all purses and they have 4 sizes. It doesn't occupy space because it has a closet organizer, pretty neat. I started with my first one "the classic style" in 2011, my husband got it for me. I auctioned my other purses and donated to the church..good bye Coach, MK, DB, LV and even my 2 Pradas. What can I say love I fell in love with this concept and works beautifully for me.

Michenista from Rochester NY

Comments about Miche Bag:

I got my first Miche bag at a charity event. I loved the interchangeable concept. Before that I had only ever had one purse at a time because changing everything from one bag to another was such a hassle. Now I can do it in seconds. I joined the company as a representative last fall and know first hand the quality of their products since I have them all. Like any manufactured good, sometimes there are problems. But the few times my customers have had issues the company has replaced the item at no charge. I encourage everyone to take advantage of going to a Miche party if they are invited so they can see our bags in person. You will fall in love with them too.

Deplorable business practices

Comments about Miche Bag:

I love the purses, however the company business practices are deplorable and the catalog is misleading. Half of the products are no longer available soon after the catalog is released. The catalog also has misleading information concerning hostess rewards. I will not be buying anymore Miche products directly from the company.

A Wonderful Purse that make customizing a snap!

Comments about Miche Bag:

I recently got a Miche purse. They are a little more expensive than I would normally spend, but had to try one. I am absolutely in love with it! I do not like to change purses, all the hassle of having to switch everything over, see what fits, get used to the different carrying feel of them. With my Miche, that is history! You start with the base. That is the actual purse itself. Fill it up any way you like, you are going to be using it forever! Then, you add on of the beautiful shells to the outside. The shells are decorated in just about any style and color you could ever hope for! They are so easy to "install". There are magnets on the outside of the purse, and the shell just lays right on it for a smooth finish. The best part is, they use special magnets that do not destroy your cell phone screen! You can also change the handles if you want more customization. Just a few seconds, and the purse looks completely different and matches what style you feel for the day! This will make your life simpler, while allowing you the choice to coordinate your look!

Easiest Purse Swap!

Comments about Miche Bag:

This is an extremely excellent purse for women that swap everyday. All you need to do is change the cover! There are so many different options for shells and covers, you can match with almost every outfit! The pricing is great and they will replace items that rip/tear. Great product!

Do not purchase

Comments about Miche Bag:

The magnets don't hold the shell on. Shells get ruined from color transfer and there is no way to fix it. The base doesn't last long they become disfigured as if there was cardboard inside. The material on the top edges wear off. Circles will appear where the magnets are.