Other Detergents:
Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender

Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender

Cons

The best fabric softener I have ever used!

In the past, I wrote a glowing review of Downy Fabric Softener. I gave it five stars but what I failed to mention was that -- no matter how diligently you shake the bottle during the course of its use -- Downy tends to clump and lump as you work your way toward the bottom. Even adding hot water and shaking the bottle's contents REALLY hard would result in nasty blue bits which wouldn't dissolve evenly and would sometimes necessitate the clothes having to be washing again! I think the reason I didn't mention all that was that I just assumed that all fabric softeners did that -- or at least the ones I had tried. Imagine my joy to find ***Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener, Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender***.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

***Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener, Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender ***is a smooth, white fluid with the consistency of liquid lotion which is biodegradeable, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and can be used in cold water. The power of this product stems from a palm-derived fabric softener combined with this magic bullet -- a **viscosity control agent **which *"reduces thickness to avoid clogging dispenser and to improve product dispersion."* Thanks to this, every bit of ***Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener, Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender*** flows smoothly as cream with no waste or frustration, making the product economical to use despite the slightly higher shelf price. (I used the whole bottle before I wrote this review, just to make sure.)

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

I experiment with products like ***Seventh Generation ***because I want to do the best I can for the Environment. Usually, in a case like that, the best thing you can say is that the product is "as good as" the "regular stuff." I'm going to make an exception in this case, though, and say that ***Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener, Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender ***is the best fabric softener I have ever tried ... and **the only one I will ever use again!**

I would buy this product if it was on sale

I was not very impressed with this detergent from Seventh Generation. It smells great from the bottle but leaves no lasting scent on your clothes or linens. For the price I would expect to smell Lavender when I pull it out of the dryer but that was not the case. It doesn't get stains out either.

My favorite

from Jacksonville, Florida

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
    • Dorm
    • Home
    • Laundry Room
    • Travel

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender:

This is my favorite product from Seventh Generation. I love their products because they don't contain harmful ingredients and make my clothes smell fresh and clean every time I use it. I found that it is very effective at getting rid of odors and stains off my clothes. It consistently works wonders on my clothes!

I would buy this product if it was on sale

from Pensacola Fl

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

Cons

• Expensive
      • Hard to Clean
      • Weak Function

Great for allergies

from Tampa, FL

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Home

Hubby has many allergies but has no issues with this product. A bottle lasts a long time. This makes clothes feel soft but not sticky. The scent is only noticeable when the clothes first come out of the dryer.

Over priced, but does a good job

from Westchester, IL

While I was waiting for my regular detergent to come in the mail I decided to try out Seventh Generation Natural 2X Concentrated Laundry Detergent Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender. As soon as I opened the bottle I was hit with a gust of lavender but thankfully it wasn't too strong. I poured a cap full of this detergent in the washer and proceeded to let it do its thing. After 5 minutes of washing I checked on my clothes and was shocked to see very few bubbles. I poured another cap full in to the washer and it was unsuccessful at producing an adequate amount of soap suds to my liking. I decided not to add any more detergent and just waited to see the results. Once my clothes finished the rinse cycle I was surprised to see that my clothes were clean and their natural colors were still intact, but the lavender scent was non-existent. Even though Seventh Generation did a good job of cleaning my clothes the results were no better than a mid-tier detergent, but at nearly twice the price.

All Natural Softener that Works Great on Clothes

from wrightstown

I bought this product because like most of us I value our environment and do like to use products that promote the "green" side of things. I was amazed at how nice this softener is. I only used a cap full per load and the clothes came out really soft with no static cling. The smell is wonderful and lasts on your clothes for days. It is an all natural product with no animal testing and the bottle is made from recycled plastics which I like. The softner ingredients are plant based so there are no harsh chemicals or additives. It does not irritate your skin and is gentle yet very effective. It is definitely good for babies and sensitive skinned people. I recommend this product, not only is it good for your clothes, it is also good for the environment. It is a little more expensive than other name brands but it is worth it. The bottle lasts quite a while and the results are worth the little extra that it costs.

Smells so good!!

My youngest daughter and I both have very sensitive skin and my husband has allergies so for years we only used unscented detergent and often didn't use softener at all. But who doesn't want their clothes to come out of the wash feeling as soft as possible and smelling great? I had used other Seventh Generation cleaning products and had always been pleased with the results so when I saw that they had come out with a fabric softener I decided to give it a shot and see if it worked for us. The first thing I noticed was that it smells great. So many softeners smell nauseatingly sweet or flowery. I hadn't known what to expect from blue eucalyptus and lavender and I was really pleased that it smelled fresh and clean, without being overpowering. And the fragrance lasts. I can take towels out of the linen closet a week after I wash them and they smell fresh and nice. And this stuff seriously works. I am convinced that our clothes had never been softer with any of the conventional softeners we had used. I started using a full cap full and now I use about a third of a cap and the clothes are still really soft. And my little one and I? No irritated skin!!

Doesn't make me itch! :)

It makes my clothes clean and does not have a bad smell at all. I used to use Clorox Green Works since I am trying to use "naturally derived" laundry detergent. From what I've read it is supposed to be good for the environment and it is also a high efficiency laundry detergent for the newer type machines (in case mine decides to quit on me) and my boyfriend is able to purchase the same kind as me (so he doesn't have to think about what kind to buy, haha).

I haven't noticed a different between any other detergents I have used in the past. The clothes seem as clean as they normally are and there is not a residue after the clothes are washed and they feel very flexible and soft.

It is a little strong scented, I would like something more subtle maybe like a lavender vanilla, the lavender can be overpowering when you have a sensitive nose. Although, after you wash the clothes and use a static sheet (I use bounce), you can only smell the scent from the sheet. Overall, it is not bad since the scent tends to wash away.

The best fabric softener I have ever used!

from Oak Park, IL

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

A bit pricey, but it works well and the scent is heavenly.

from Deer Park, NY

I purchased this product because it is 'green' and because I had a coupon. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be.

The softening agents are plant-derived and they work quite well. Even the stiffest denim came out of the laundry feeling soft and smelling unbelievably fresh and clean.

The price is comparable to other 'green' prducts, but I find them all to be slighly on the more expensive side, but I feel it is worth the extra cost to get such a great result.

With some of the more popular brands of softeners, I sometimes feel like there is a residue on the fabric after washing, but with this product, the clothes all felt clean and fresh.

I really appreciate that the bottle is made with recycled materials and that the bottle is also going to be recycled when I am finished with the product.

It is formulated to use in cold water, so you save energy by not using hot or warm water for washing.

The 40-ounce bottle will soften 40 standard loads.

One last point -- no animal testing, which is very important to us tree-huggers.

Seventh Gen Fabric Softener is Great for Front Loaders!!

from Cunningham, TN

There are so many things that I love about this product. First of all, it is a plant based softener that does not cause the gummy buildup of product on the inside of your washing machine. This is particularly important because we have a frontloading washing machine. You aren't supposed to use liquid softener in the front loaders because of the buildup it causes, but nothing works as well getting the clothes soft. Also, this product does exactly what it is supposed to, it makes all of your clothes unbelievable soft. The scent is very subtle and not really noticeable once your clothes are dry. The only downside to this product is it is not very easy to find a store that carries it and it is definitely more expensive than other brands. Even so, I still have to highly recommend it, especially for people with HE frontloading washing machines. My washing machine used to have a constant mildew smell in it until I switched to this.