Other Detergents:
Tide
Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent

Pros

• Easy to use (13)
  • Gets stains out (13)
  • Effective (12)
  • Great scent (11)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (7)

Cons

• Heavy (3)
  • Pricey / poor value (3)

• Laundry room (11)
  • Cleaning (9)
  • Home (5)
  • Travel (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (6), Homeowner (5)

Tide is the way to go!!

I love to try all kinds of cleaning and laundry products, but I always find my way back to Tide. There just isn't anything that does the same job as far as I'm concerned. I've tried cheaper and more expensive and nothing compares. The Tide line of products is great, from the plain Tide to the ones with febreeze or downy added. I like all of scents, and I really like this one with downy lavender. It leaves the clothes clean and soft just like the regular brand but it leaves a nice touch of downy softness and a different scent. I think it works great for dirty or heavily soiled clothes and also stains. If there is something with a hard to remove stain or something ground in, I dab some laundry soap directly on the stain and rub it in for a few seconds and let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before adding it to the washer and the stains normally come out. I really like how nice the clothes feel after using Tide and nothing beats line hung sheets, and using Tide with downy will leave the sheets soft even without running through the dryer. Tide is more expensive then other soaps out there but I haven't found one cheaper that does even half the job Tide does. Clothes are too expensive to throw away because of a stain so the extra price is well worth it to have clean stain free clothes. I also think the clothes stay newer looking for much longer. My clothes never loose their color or look faded and I think it's pretty gentle on clothes while cleaning them deeply. It works on all fabrics that are safe to wash and they will always come out smelling great and looking new and clean. I always reccomend Tide over all the other brands out there and believe me I've tried most of them. I have to say it beats them all by a mile. My son is sensitive and can't handle a lot of soaps and lotions and even he likes Tide. It never causes him rashes or itchy skin so i think it's one that is pretty safe to use. You only need the amount noted on the bottle so it lasts a long time.

Not a fan

I tried this Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent last year when I borrowed some from my next-door neighbor because I had ran out of laundry detergent in my home, and I have to say that I was really not impressed. It works well, but my family and I were not too crazy about the scent. It did get the stains out of our small children's clothes for the most part, but I still think that it did not do quite as well at this as my preferred brand. In a pinch, this Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent worked just fine, but I don't feel that it quite lives up to the hype. Price was decent, if you love it then by all means continue to use it, but if not, I recommend you try Gain.

Only laundry soap my son can use

from Spokane wa

About Me Parent

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Laundry Room

Comments about Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent:

This is the only laundry soap my son can use without breaking out in rashes, we live the smell and you only have to use a tiny bit, even got the strains out of my babies clothes that no other brand could remove.

Tried and True

from Central Montana

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I cannot express how well this product works for our family. We have a small farm, and even though small - we have lots of messes! My husband is done for the day covered in mud, animal feces, grass stains - you name it! Laundry is a breeze around here and he starts off each day fresh and new. Fantastic stain fighting.

i will use this product over and over again

from Anaheim Ca

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions
      • smells like happiness in a bottle

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm
      • Travel

love love love this product besides smelling good and looking good I feel good as well there aint no beating that

Love!

from St Louis Mo

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Dorm
        • Travel

Absolutely love the scent and how well it cleans our clothes. You won't be disappointed!

Tide is the way to go!!

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent

One Of The Best

from Chicago IL

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
          • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I've used this brand multiple times and have been extremely pleased.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Always my GO TO detergent

from Jersey City, NJ

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Heavy

• Laundry Room

Ever since I started to take care of myself, I have been using Tide detergent for laundry in India. Even after I moved to the States, I stuck to it because it is a trusted brand with the clothes and as a professional my goal is to make sure that my office clothes dont get dyed or bad in the machine. Tide is soft on the clothes, great with scents and works well on stains maintaining the softness/quality of the material.

Tide is a great detergent

from Virginia

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

All Tide laundry soaps get stains out of your clothes. This particular detergent smells so good. Your clothes smell like the detergent when you take them out of the dryer and the smell lasts. You don't need as much detergent as with other brands. The only con I can think of is the price but it is worth paying for better quality. It is easy to use you just fill the cap. I haven't had any problems with my delicates being damaged by this detergent. I am very happy with it. My daughter has sensitive skin and has allergic reactions to a lot of other detergents. We were using a no scent detergent for just her clothes but it wasn't cost effective to buy different detergents. So I tried Tide on her clothes and it didn't bother her at all. Now we only have to buy one detergent for everyone Tide. I recommend it to friends and family.

Awesome

from GA

I use this laundry detergent. I love that this detergent has fabric softener included. This is so much more convenient. It doesnt take an extra step to add softener. The scent on my clothes last. The scent of this product fills my home. I like that because many laundry detergents scent usually subside after a day or two after washing.

The only downfall for me is I haven't been able to find this product in a larger size. I do laundry many days out of the week and would like a bigger size of this product. This product does not last in my household.

This the best deterget ever

from Nyc

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent

• Laundry Room

I love tide the way my clothes come so clean and having 4 kids playing all day tide do the right job