Other Detergents:
Tide
Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Effective (5)
  • Gets stains out (5)
  • Great scent (4)

• Cleaning (4)
  • Laundry room (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3)

Tide Forever

When I think of laundry detergent, the number one brand that comes to mind is Tide! There is a reason that this brand has been around for so many years. This is the number one, best laundry detergent ever! Usually, I go for what ever is cheapest. Generics usually seem to work just as well as the real brand. This is not the case with laundry detergent apparently. I have tried about every brand out there and always return to Tide! No other brand even comes close in comparison to Tide! No other detergent offers the same amount of stain removing qualities that this brand does. I am glad to see that they are now adding new scents, such as this lavender detergent. Even better is that even with changing the formula to add the new scents, the product still works just as good as before. I do hate that it is always way more expensive than the other brands, but in this case you get what you pay for. I just stock up whenever I see it go on sale because I know this is the only brand that I will ever be using. My husband has very sensitive skin as well, and some of the other cheaper brands have really irritated his skin. Or he just can't plane stand the smell. Tide has been around for so many years and judging by its effectiveness, will be around for years to come. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone. Especially parents with small children and babies. No other brand was ever able to get out those spit up stains that end up around the collar of a baby's shirt, however, I re-washed all the clothes in Tide and they all disappeared! Tide can get almost any stain out. Highly suggest!!

Not a fan

I tried this Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent last year when I borrowed some from my next-door neighbor because I had ran out of laundry detergent in my home, and I have to say that I was really not impressed. It works well, but my family and I were not too crazy about the scent. It did get the stains out of our small children's clothes for the most part, but I still think that it did not do quite as well at this as my preferred brand. In a pinch, this Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent worked just fine, but I don't feel that it quite lives up to the hype. Price was decent, if you love it then by all means continue to use it, but if not, I recommend you try Gain.

Awesome

from GA

Comments about Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent:

I use this laundry detergent. I love that this detergent has fabric softener included. This is so much more convenient. It doesnt take an extra step to add softener. The scent on my clothes last. The scent of this product fills my home. I like that because many laundry detergents scent usually subside after a day or two after washing.

The only downfall for me is I haven't been able to find this product in a larger size. I do laundry many days out of the week and would like a bigger size of this product. This product does not last in my household.

This the best deterget ever

from Nyc

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent

• Laundry Room

I love tide the way my clothes come so clean and having 4 kids playing all day tide do the right job

relaxing, fresh scent

from IN

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I love Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent for all my families laundry needs. I have always wanted to simplify my laundry process, and this helps me do that. I do not need to add a separate fabric softener, saving me a step and some money too! The clothes come out clean, I have never had to re-wash anything, even my teen boys sweaty, dirty clothing after playing sports come out completely clean and smelling fresh. I have never had any staining of the clothes like I have had with regular fabric softener. Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender Scent makes them come out clean and smelling great! This is safe for HE washers, and comes with an easy to use and measure cap. The light lavender scent stays on the clothes until they are worn again, and I often get subtle relaxing scents of lavender throughout the day.

Not a fan

from Alabama

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Small Volume

• Laundry Room

From a company that tests on animals

from Lothian, MD

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out

Cons

• animal testing
      • Heavy

My mom uses this. I would only use it when I come home and forget my biodegradable detergents. These are FULL of optical brighteners and non readily degradable chemicals. Plus this company tests on animals. It DOES work, pretty effectively, but also consider why it works so well is because it uses strong cleaning agents. I prefer biodegradable cruelty free brands such as seventh generation, method, vaska. Sure they are going to be pricer, but you have to ask yourself what you really want your money to be paying for. There is also a reason why these come with warning labels and can be toxic if your kid drinks them. With products like vaska ,you can actually drink them, not recommended, without it seriously harming you.

Best Laundry Detergent

from Texas

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent

Cons

• Small Volume

• Travel

Tide is the best laundry detergent I have ever used and I have used them all! I agree with the consumer who says they was buying a cheaper detergent, using double the amount but still not getting clean clothes. Yes, its true that TIDE is more expensive than all the other brands but this is because its a good, efficient detergent that gets your clothes clean without using large amounts. So there! You get what you pay for people!!! Want clean clothes? Buy the TIDE and you won't have to worry or wonder if your clothes will come out clean because THEY WILL!! Something else you will notice after using Tide is how much brighter your colors look and how fresh and clean everything smells. It is better to use in now a days and keep your clothes clean and neat.

Tide Forever

from Central Jersey

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out

Cons

• Expensive

• Cleaning

Tide is very good quality product and i like it very much th

from Texas

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Great Scent

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions
        • Hard to Clean
        • Heavy

• Cleaning

I'd like to thanks this company to provide to us this product because it's so so good

and high quality

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Smelling, and it does a great job cleaning my clothes.

from chicago Illinois

Once again the Tide brand has not let me down. This particular brand is a favorite of mine because of the fragrance that comes with it. I love this one because it does a really good job cleaning my clothes and I get the bonus of one of my favorite scents to go with it.

I am impressed with this product as it cleans my clothing very well, and I am happy to know that I have not sacrificed a great fragrance for clean clothes. This product does a great job cleaning my clothing in any temperature water, which is pretty impressive to me. I recently got a new washing machine and this product does wonders in the new machine. I continue to be impressed with the Tide brand.

This product smells wonderful. I love the sweet smell of the lavender. It is not overpowering or irritating to the nose. if you happen to be a person whose skin gets irritated from the certain detergents because of the perfumes in it, no worries with this product because it does not irritate the skin at all.

Smells Amazing!

I absolutely love love love Tide with Downy. Tide with Downy smells amazing and makes your clothes so very soft! The only thing I do not like at all about this product and all other Tide products is simply the price the product is way to expensive and the coupons that come out in the Sunday paper really are not that much savings! But, my husband is allergic to any other detergent brand and has very sensitive skin to any kind of actual dryer sheets so for him I only wash his clothes in Tide with Downy. The stains always come out of his clothing...no problem, and he never ever has red, itchy, or skin rashes with Tide plus Downy. My family loves this product & I would reccomend it to anyone! My daughter is sixteen and she loves Tide with Downy as well. We love the smell of the product, I love the fact that you can buy Tide with Downy anywhere. I love the fact that I do not have to spend money on any extra dryer sheets and my clothes are still so soft and they always smell amazing. I used to use Gain but now I always pick Tide because it smells better and always seems to last longer!!!

Smells Amazing!!!