Other Detergents:

Woolite Laundry Detergent

Pros

Cons

Woolite Keeps Colors Looking Bright

Most clothing can handle the assaults from different laundry detergents, but there are some types of clothing that cannot overcome the harshness and are prone to fade and lose their allure over time. One specific laundry detergent made for this problem is **Woolite Laundry Detergent**.

**Fabric Softener Commentary:**

Woolite Laundry Detergent is made for delicate clothing and it helps keep clothing looking bright. Woolite is gentler than other detergents and is less likely to cause fading and other problems. Colors maintain their original hue when Woolite is used and it helps keep clothing looking its best, cycle after cycle.

Woolite Laundry Detergent offers a good level of cleaning ability, which might surprise some who expect the cleaning to be a little less thorough than most, due to the gentle nature of the detergent. But this isn’t the case- Woolite Laundry Detergent still gets clothing clean and ready to wear and show off. It can’t restore color that is already gone, but it does keep existing color intact.

Probably the greatest strike against Woolite Laundry Detergent is the price. It costs quite a bit more than other detergents, but the good thing is that it isn’t the type of detergent you will use every day. It is really only needed for delicate clothing and should be used for that purpose while using regular detergent for other clothing. This will help make the high price a little more tolerable.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Woolite Laundry Detergent is a very good product for keeping clothing bright and like new. It isn’t necessary to use on whites or on non- delicate laundry and the price is high, but consumers will like the results they receive from this classic laundry detergent.

Just Not As Good As It Used To Be

I have used Woolite for a long time, but the last few times I tried to purchase it, I just didn't think that it was nearly as nice as it used to be. I have since moved on to other products which I feel clean better and protect colors better than the newer Woolites do.

When I use Woolite, it is for sweaters, cashmere, woolens, silks, and other natural fibers which need tender loving care without ruining them or making them fade. It always used to make things feel nice and soft, and took really good care of those items. In recent years, however, I find that this detergent is a bit more rough on fibers and does not make the fabric feel as nice as it used to. I also feel that it does not protect colors as well as it used to either, as dye does run out more than it did with the original Woolite. I have used it in hand washing and in machine, and I still don't like it quite as much as I did when I used it often in the past. I do want to point out, by the way, that they have branched off into a variety of different versions of Woolite now, so perhaps I just have not found the right one for my needs. I just have been unimpressed with the newer versions of Woolite that I have tried, so I tend to reach for other brands that I find more effective instead.

The scent is nice but nothing that great, in my opinion. It does not thrill me but it is not repulsive either.

Really holds up to its claim!

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

When I first heard about woolite's claims I was skeptical. I got sick of my sweaters pilling, stretching out, and wearing out so quickly so I decided I would try woolite just to see if it might truly save my delicates like its supposed to do. I started washing my sweaters, my daughters dresses, and all of my delicates in strictly woolite. After switching over I have definitely noticed a huge difference. I love how it keeps our clothes looking like new. My sweaters don't pill up and look dingy anymore. All of the new clothes I bought after switching to woolite still look great. I don't know how it works so well but it really does! It's worth buying a bottle to use just on delicates because it extends the life on delicate clothing. I have used just about every laundry soap and fabric softener out there, and there just isn't anything that keeps clothes this nice. I wish I had used this long before I had because I get way more use and life out of my clothes than I ever have before. Clothes are expensive so it's nice to keep them as long as possible.

Long term love affair with this product

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

I have used Woolite Laundry Detergent for many years and always have a bottle on hand for my fine washables. Recently, Woolite has come out with a version that can be used on dark colors, which I also purchase because of the product's effectiveness. I have found no other laundry detergent for fine washables that comes close to Woolite. One of their slogan claims that they clean "without fading and shrinking." I have found this to be absolutely true. Over the literally hundreds of loads I have done with Woolite, I have never had any garment fade, not even silks. I noted that at fashion week there were comments that Woolite helps clothes "seem newer longer." Again, I agree completely with this claim. My clothes come out of the washer cleaned but not "aged" as some do when I have use other detergents on my fine washables. Lastly, I have used Woolite on garments that say "dry clean only" and the detergent has produced stellar results, thus saving me a large dry cleaning bill.

Good For Laundry. Excellent For Art Restoration and Cleaning

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

Woolite Laundry Detergent is great as a gentle laundry detergent but it's generally a little on the pricey side so I rarely use it for clothes. It does happen though. Ocassionally I find a really good coupon or there is a store markdown or sale.

For laundry, it works wonderfully. My kids and I all have very sensitive skin so I can appreciate a product that doesn't have an overwhelming scent and doesn't leave an irritating residue. For that, I commend Woolite. They've been sparing parents from dragging their kids to the pediatrician for rashes and asthma attacks for generations. Especially my kids. Thank God.

What I primarily use Woolite for is to clean old or damaged artwork. For this application, Woolite is an invaluable investment that is worth its weight in gold. I'll spend the extra money every time, for the assurance of quality and reliability when an artist's life work is at stake. All I do is mix a tiny bit of Woolite into a bowl of warm distilled water and use a makeup applicator sponge to gently spot-clean soiled, dusty and damaged paintings. It works beautifully, without damaging the paint or canvas. For this kind of sensitive work I would never recommend an off-brand or generic detergent. Woolite has earned my unwavering dedication, as well as thousands of other artists and art connoisseurs before me (including the gallery director, artist and teacher who taught me the Woolite technique). I highly recommend it.

Woolite Cleans Delicate Laundry Gently and is Effective

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

I have been using Woolite for my delicate clothes because it is not only gentle on fabrics , it cleans great as well. One thing about Woolite is your clothes do not fade. It keeps the colors bright and fresh. I have a lot of black shirts that tend to fade over time with regular detergent but do not seem to with Woolite which I like because they last longer. Woolite is a bit more expensive than many other brands but in the long run it is worth it because your clothes stay looking new. They always have coupons in the Sunday paper for Woolite and when it is on sale and you use a coupon as well, it turns out that it does not cost any more than the other brands. It has a nice gentle scent as well, not overpowering. It performs well. I would also use it on baby clothes as it is gentle for sensitive skin. I would recommend this detergent to anyone for their delicates and clothes that need special cleaning.

Woolite

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

Woolite was something my mom first introduced me to when I started wearing more delicate clothes. This is a great laundry detergent for delicate clothes as it is very gentle on them. I use this on my silks, linens, and anything else that I do not want getting ruined in the wash. I almost always hand wash my delicates with Woolite, either by my own hands or by the hand wash setting on my washer. I sometimes use the gentle setting. My clothes always come out looking brand new. This is also great to use if you have babies, it keeps their clothes nice and soft and leaves a nice subtle scent behind.

Gets stains out without damaging delicate fabrics. Keeps clothes looking nice and new.

It is hard to describe the scent of Woolite, it has a slight perfume scent and a slight floral scent all rolled into one. It is very light and will not overpower you or smell up the whole room. It is just a light subtle scent that is nice to smell.

Awesome for Everything from Intimates to Sweaters!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

I love Woolite. I absolutely love it. I just cannot describe how awesome this stuff is! I have used it for many, many years for all my delicates from bras to sweaters to pantyhose to bathing suits to athletic wear.

This is absolutely amazing laundry detergent! I am continually impressed with it each and every time I use it. There is absolutely zero fading and colors come out looking as vibrant and beautiful as they went it.

What I especially love is that this washes out completely. There is absolutely no residue which is extremely important with intimates. Even with a padded or lined bra there is nothing left behind as with most detergents. Everything is squeaky clean.

This also has a lovely, fresh scent. It is not at all perfumy but has a light, clean scent that is not overpowering at all.

Whether you're using this for your favorite sweater, your expensive bras, or your favorite jeans this is absolutely perfect every single time. You simply cannot go wrong with it. It's a must have and I always have a bottle of it on my laundry shelf. I cannot be without it!

Love it

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

I don't know what makes Woolite Laundry Detergent so special but I believe it really works. I use this on my work clothes and to wash all my delicates. I really believe it prolongs the life of my delicate clothes. I also believe it does not fade my dark clothing items either. Additionally, I use Woolite Laundry Detergent on my washable rugs and have not had an issue with the fibers weakening or the backs peeling. I made the mistake one time and washed said rugs in another detergent and ruined them. Therefore, I truly believe Woolite Laundry Detergent is gentle and effective. Any item I have to wash that I am worried about stretching, fading or getting ruined, I wash in Woolite Laundry Detergent with positive results. The fragrance of Woolite is just fine for me. I do not like a lot of fragrance but I appreciate a subtle clean smell to my washed clothes and Woolite accomplishes both for me.

good product

from Brewster, NY

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

This is a difficult product to rate. Yes, it costs more than it should. Yes I know it is meant for hand washing but seriously with today's machines, does anyone other than your great-grandmother hand wash?
So on delicate and hand-washable settings, this is my go to product. It does get the clothes clean - it's purpose. Does it do better than others without harming the fabrics ? I cannot say because I stopped using regular detergent on fine washables years ago. he fact that the clothes come out clean and then I hang them to dry and they do not look worn like washers can do to good fabrics and woolens, I am happy. I continue to use Ivory Snow for babies since I do not know how good this product is baby skin. It seems okay for sensitive skin but it is not advertised for that so it may be an untrue assumption.
I do find it cleans as well as Tide, All and the rest and it gives me a confidence that I am handling my fine washables the best I can.

Woolite is a great product.

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

Woolite is an old time favorite of mine. I have been using Woolite now for many, many.. years for my hand washes. I feel that it is more gentle on the clothes and I will only use it for my hand washes.

Great product for my hand washes (delicates).

Smells good.

Overall good clean and less of a scent than other products.

from West Virginia

Comments about Woolite Laundry Detergent:

I really like Woolite. They have less of a scent than most products on the market. They claim to have certain formulas to keep whites whiter and darks darker but to me, I don't see a difference really. I get good, clean, stain and soil free laundry at an okay price.

The detergent gets a pretty good lather and suds up decently in both my regular washer and my HE washer. It comes out clear depending on the formula get so I don't think it has dyes in it, but it does have perfumes to add a good smell. I've never noticed it staining my clothes because of the lack of color which is great. Perhaps this adds to getting the whites whiter.

It helps with color run off. I can wash several different colors of clothes and nothing stains or mixes together. This is always a positive.

It lathers up great in all water temps. I can set it to cold water and not be concerned that my detergent isn't sudsy or that it's not rinsing out well. I love detergents that can go with any water temp because I typically wash in cold water to save energy.

The pros of this are that it lathers, provides a good clean, doesn't smell too harsh, works in any water temperature, doesn't have a color to it, doesn't stain, rinses well, and overall is a good buy.

The cons of this are also the smell because it doesn't give clothes a lot of scent boost. Also, it irritates my skin some. My family has no issues but with my sensitive skin, I rash a little and get itchy.

Does a good job cleaning in all water temps.

It has a light scent. This is nice but it's very faint on clothes.