Other Toothpastes:
Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel

Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel

Pros

Cons

Awesome on my super sensitive teeth!

My teeth are *really really* sensitive due to a medication I am on. I have always used the Sensodyne line of tooth care products (most recently, the [PRONAMEL][1]  product). Even though my teeth still were painful during brushing, there was much less pain compared to other toothpastes, even the all-natural ones and plain baking soda (bleck!).

Last week I decided to try a new toothpaste in the Sensodyne line. Previously, I was using Sensodyne Pro-Namel, which worked fine, but I decided to try out Sensodyne iso-active foaming gel toothpaste with whitening. I am never going back to any other toothpaste, including the other Sensodyne products.

This tooth gel comes in a metal can with a nozzle on top similar to shaving cream. It looks like normal tooth gel, but when you start brushing, it turns into a light foam. I can brush my teeth as hard as I want and they don't hurt using the Sensodyne iso-active foaming gel. Another ***great*** feature of this is the taste... there is hardly any taste to it!

I never thought I'd have an easy time brushing my teeth. I dreaded it, but not anymore with this tooth gel. It is pretty expensive - twice as much as the Sensodyne Pro-Namel. You have to wipe the nozzle clean before and after each use, and still the foam does ooze out some. I don't care though if it makes brushing my teeth a non-traumatic experience.

**Five, five, five stars!**

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sensodyne-PRONAMEL-Anti-Cavity-Fluoride-Toothpaste-for-Sensitive-Teeth-review-dcac

Great product, hate the container!

I bought a container of Sensodyne iso-active Foaming Gel a few months ago using a coupon. I have always used Sensodyne products since my teeth are sensitive to hot and cold. I like the foaming action and the way my teeth feel after brushing them, but I have real issues with the container design. After using the product, I always make sure the top is clean but inevitably the next time I take the cap off, I have product all over the top.  It seems to seep out of the top and spread on the inside of the cap. This seems like a waste of an expensive toothpaste. The design of this container is unique since you need to push down on the top dispense the toothpaste. I am sure others have the same problem and wish the manufacturer would review the design and change it so this does not happen.

Otherwise, I like the toothpaste. My teeth feel clean and I am not bothered by sensitivity,

Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel leaves your mouth refreshed!!

from Alabaster, AL

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

I absolutely love Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel. I have suffered from teeth sensitivity for many years and Sensodyne is the only toothpaste to relieve my tooth pain. I use this toothpaste everyday. I've tried others and they just do not cut it. Sensodyne Iso-Active is unlike any toothpaste I have ever tried. It starts foaming as soon as it reaches your toothbrush. The toothpaste just glides across your teeth. The foaming action also penetrates deep between each tooth. It will definitely leave your teeth feeling clean and your mouth feeling refreshed. On top of that any tooth sensitivities like pressure pain, hot sensitivities or cold sensitivities will drastically decrease. The only cons I have with Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel is 1) It is in an aerosol can (which is bad for the environment) and 2) the toothpaste is a bit pricier than Sensodyne toothpaste that comes in a tube.

Like it, don't love it

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

My teeth are really sensitive. I've tried a few different toothpastes that claim to help with sensitivity. So far, Sensodyne makes my favorites.
I like the Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel toothpaste, but I don't really love it. I like the way it works. I definitely helps with tooth sensitivity. Before I was using Sensodyne products I had a hard time eating anything cold. Foods with too much sugar also caused me pain. Using Sensodyne Iso-Active stopped the pain.
Now, what I dislike about about Sensodyne Iso-Acrive is the container that it comes in. It's kind of awkward to use with one hand and obviously you're using the other hand to hold your tooth brush. When the toothpaste is full it's not so bad, but as it gets empty it's harder to get out. Also, it seems like at the end there's still more toothpaste that you just can't get out. I'm sure it's not a ton, but that still bugs me.

Great taste but

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

When I saw the Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel I mainly purchased it because I had never tried a foaming toothpaste before. When I did try it I think I used to much because it was everywhere. Once I used the correct amount it seemed to work into the spaces between teeth and clean that as well. Great!

Made my teeth hurt

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

I kept giving this toothpaste chances but it kept disappointing me.
The regular Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste works fine with my teeth and helps with the sensivity but this foam gel irritates them even more- it makes them ache. Rinsing with water after this toothpaste made them hurt a lot! It felt like the I had some sticky candy in my teeth for days without brushing. Ouch. I only have mild sensitive teeth to begin with...
Even my gums felt irritated by this foam gel toothpaste.

Overall, the regular Sensodyne works the best and the regular Pronamel works well too.
I would not recommend this product, you'll just be disappointed and have a mouth full of aching teeth.

Needs new dispenser!

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

I bought this product recently I liked the taste of the toothpaste foaming gel and the foaming action but after the first use I had the

Same problem . the dispenser broke after the first use, and the toothpaste continued to ooze out all over the place... I wasted an entire can which no longer works! The manufacturer needs to improve on this part and reimburse all the customers who have had this problem.

Good product but needs some product adjustment.

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

I have been using Sensodyne for years. Thought I would try the new foaming gel. Happy with the product but have 2 suggestions. First, the mess that I find on the container after removing the cap. Secondly, you are not able to know when you are getting near the bottom. This could easily be corrected by having a small "window" on the side of the container..

Stick with the tube

from Lombard, IL

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

Using the tube of sensodyne is less messy (no oozing like the can), more effective for sensitivity, and costs less.
I tried the can of iso-active because I had a coupon, but I'm going back to the old stuff.

Sensodyne Iso-Active beware!

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

I have been using Sensodyne and when I saw the add for the Iso Active Sensodyne I got it and used it. I loved how it foamed and I loved that it didn't seem to have as harsh a taste. HOWEVER, after a couple of days my mouth started to feel funny, almost dry like. I didn't think anything of it and the next day I woke up and the skin inside my mouth was peeling off. It was peeling where the foam would sit while brushing, under my tongue and inside my lower lip. This was HORRIBLE. I had to discontinue use and be very gentle with everything after because it was raw and would bleed easily. After switching back to regular Sensodyne it took about 2 weeks to heal my mouth. I have never had any problems with any other toothpaste, and I have used MANY kinds. So beware it could happen. I was told by the company that they knew reactions were possible but most could use it.

Expensive, poorly designed container.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

The toothpaste is good. I like the 'foaming' action that it has. It does the job for making my teeth less sensitive. But, I would NOT purchase this again. The toothpaste oozes from the can and I feel I am wasting so much of this very expensive toothpaste. I did notify the company and they told me not to wash it but to wipe it after each use.

Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel saves our teeth from pain!

from San Clemente, CA

Comments about Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel:

Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel saves our teeth from pain! I have a very bad habit of clenching my teeth when I sleep which seems to get worse with time and Sensodyne Iso-Active Foaming Gel is a really great option to help cut down on the sensitivity. I have been using regular Extra Whitening Sensodyne for a while and it works really well (I recommend it too) but my husband had been using an Aquafresh Iso-Active Foaming Gel toothpaste and I was curious about how Sensodyne's would be. My local drug store had a really good sale so I bought a couple cans hoping it would be as effective as the regular Sensodyne is and I was pleasantly surprised. I love the foaming action that leaves my mouth feeling really clean with a nice fresh taste. My husband has also converted to using this toothpaste as it helps his teeth have less sensitivity along with the other benefits. It can be a bit messy and ooze from the can but otherwise its a great product I recommend.