Other Toothpastes:

Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Great taste!

I absolutely love this toothpaste! It was recommended to me by my dentist and I thought, it's going to be horrible. I've had the experience before where I bought a toothpaste that was "good for my teeth" and it was so unpleasant to use! There's nothing worse than that unpleasant taste in your mouth first thing in the morning or right before bed. Especially right before bed because then you don't have coffee to wash the taste down! But this one was different. The MintEssence is a great taste that is really refreshing. I also felt so much better using it since my dentist had recommended it. At my next checkup, my dentist asked if I'd been using a different toothepaste and when I told him I had switched to Sensodyne ProNamel, he said he could really tell a difference! There's only two reasons to use toothpaste, in my opinion. First for cosmetic reasons. No one wants an ugly smile! Second, to stay away from the dentist as much as possible!

Not so fresh taste!

My teeth have become very sensitive as I get older...I have noticed how cold drinks and ice cream, and even warm coffee and food tend to make me cringe with intense shooting pain that seems to travel all the way up to my eyeballs..I have been brought to tears on more than one occassion!!!  After a visit to my dentist for a cleaning I let him know how much pain everyday foods and beverages were causing me, he reccommended that I start brushing with Sensodyne ProNamel toothpaste for sensitive teeth...so of course I took his advise and bought a tube on the way home.  I loved how quickly I started to see and feel results, food and drink wernt half as painful as they had been even a couple of days prior to brushing with the Sensodyne...I did not however like the taste and feeling of the paste, It was not very minty like Im used to and my teeth didnt seem to have that smoothe clean feeling after brushing that I got from my regular toothpaste...but it worked on the sensitivity so I was pleased with it enough to keep buying it, I just buy a pack of minty gum along with it so I still have my fresh breath!

Recommended By My Dentist

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I had issues with sensitivity and to solve the problem my dentist recommended sensodyne and even gave me a small tube to try it. He told me at first I could dab some on the impacted area to get faster relief.

I really didn't think any toothpaste could solve my sensitivity, but it really worked. I think I felt some relief after a few uses, but the issue with sensitivity didn't get much better for about two to three wees. Since first discovering sensodyne years ago, I now realize that I need to use sensitive toothpaste at least some of the time to fix my issue with having pain when, for example, drinking cold ice water. I now alternate using sensitive toothpaste with regular toothpaste. I use sensitive toothpaste every third day or so.

If you check the ingredients, all sensitive toothpaste have the same active ingredient, so I think they probably all work. Sensodyne is probably the most well known brand, but now there are some other options that may be cheaper.

Sensitive toothpaste seems to expire fairly quickly and since I think this is medicine, I want to avoid using expired toothpaste, so watch that.

Strongly recommend.

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I had been using Arm and Hammer Dental Care toothpaste for a long time. I found that the baking soda made my teeth feel cleaner and my mouth feel fresher than regular toothpaste. Then I had some dental work done which resulted in extra sensitivity to my teeth. I also have receding gums with some root exposure which made the sensitivity even worse. My twin sister recommended using Sensodyne pronamel. She was having sensitivity issues, and said that she has been using Sensodyne for a while, and that it really works. I made the switch, although I was a bit skeptical. I also was concerned that my teeth wouldn't feel as clean as they do when I use the Arm and Hammer Dental Care toothpaste which has baking soda in it. I started using Sensodyne, and my tooth sensitivity gradually went away. It also leaves my mouth feeling fresh and clean. I like the added benefit of pronamel since years of hard brushing with hard bristles has taken its toll on my teeth and gums.

I love Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste

from Webb City, MO

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I started using this wonderful toothpaste a month agao and i feel great!! My mouth feels so refreshed after i brush with Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste it's just amazing! I would recommend this to all who want a nice refreshing toothpast that actually makes your mouth feel clean!!

No more pain

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

Sensodyne really works. If you have teeth that react to cold, sweets, and or heat, try this toothpaste for a week or two, and you should notice that there is less if any pain at all. I love this brand and won't use anything else anymore.

Making My Teeth Shine

from Saint Johns, MI

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

For years I used toothpaste that would leave my teeth with a mild yellow tint. I would complain to my dentist about soreness and sharp pains that I would get from my gums and at the root of my teeth. To top it off, cavities would show up once in awhile. I could'nt comprehend why this was as I had brushed my teeth three times a day. My dentist advised me to try a different toothpaste, one that may target teeth whitening, something I was extremly sensitive about throughout my personal and social life. I went through a few experiments with different toothpastes, until I came across Sensodyne ProNamel. I loved the mint taste, as it was not quite as powerful as some toothpastes I had try. I also started seeing extreme results as far as the shades of white my teeth were gaining. It helped with the tooth aches as well and the dentist seemed very impressed with the results as well. I will definitly continue with using this toothaste as it is the best results I have ad so far.

Highly Recommend Sensodyne Pronamel

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I would highly recommend this toothpaste to any individual with sensitive teeth.  My husband has extremely sensitive teeth and after just one use of this toothpaste he can already feel a difference.  It really helps with sensitivity due to really hot or cold substances.  My teeth seemed sensitive after I had used whitening strips but after brushing with this toothpaste a few times I could not belive the difference.  The one thing that we do not like about this toothpaste is that if you use it at night, we wake up with a really bad taste in our mouth.  We prefer to use this when our teeth are sensitive and then go back to our regular toothpaste since Sensodyne is usually a little more on the pricey side as far as toothpastes are concerned, but if you can find a coupon it really helps.  I think there are usually printable coupons that you can use as manufactures coupons off of their website.

The best toothpaste I have ever used!!!!!

from South Webster, OH

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste is by far the best toothpaste I have used. I love it for so many reasons. One reason is when I was pregnant with my 2nd child I had really bad gums so after I had my child they were really bad and swollen. After about 6 months the swelling went down and my gums went up my tooth some exposing parts of my tooth that normally was protected from different things like acid from pop and other varies things. The tops of my teeth became very sensitive and also soft. My dentist told me too use Sensodyne Pronamel and within a few weeks and then a few months my teeth had hard enemal again and weren't as sensitive. It keep them from becoming cavities and helped so much. I love the price I think it is just right with how good it works. The taste is good too it is to overwhelming and it keeps a good after taste. Also you can get it in gentle whitening which I have used and still use. I will always stand by this toothpaste.

Sensodyne pronamel works great, works fast, and tastes good too!

from Oak Harbor, WA

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

This toothpaste really helped me out. I had a tooth that seemed like every few months would sort of pop and then become very sensitive, it would ache and bother me when I ate cold or hot foods. I was a little worried that something was wrong with my tooth but I thought I would try this toothpaste first and I'm glad I did, since then I haven't had any problems.

Sensodyne ProNamel: Protects Like My Dentist Can't

from Marco Island, FL

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I have issues with dentists that led to me not seeing one for a number of years. When I finally went back, I only had one serious problem (that required a root canal) and a few tiny cavities. I attribute that to a combination of having naturally strong teeth and using good ol' Crest Tartar Control religiously.

However, the more problems my dentist "fixes," the more sensitive my teeth become. I now have lingering temperature/pressure sensitivity from the root canal because my tooth has an extra root the dentist couldn't reach (gross!), and the filling for one of those "tiny" cavities resulted in temperature sensitivity as well, in a region of my mouth that was never sensitive before. My charming dentist shrugs these problems off as unimportant, (see why I don't like dentists?), so I picked up some Sensodyne to see if it would help. I chose Sensodyne ProNamel because I also like the idea of protecting my enamel -- you know, so my teeth stay strong and I don't need the dentist to "fix" anything else.

Sensodyne ProNamel in MintEssense has a typically fresh, minty scent and taste. There's something slightly more chemically about the taste than I've noticed in other toothpastes, but since I only have to taste it for a few minutes a few times a day, that doesn't bother me. What I like about the Sensodyne brand is that it works on my sensitivity -- after a few weeks, my "fixed" teeth are far less sensitive to temperature and pressure. Sometimes the pain and discomfort even go away entirely. If I switch back to my old Crest standby, after a few weeks the discomfort comes back.

And I do switch back sometimes -- my only complaint about Sensodyne is the cost compared to brands like Crest. Every now and then I'll forget how bad tooth sensitivity can feel, and I'll get cheap at the drugstore and buy my old standby instead. After a few weeks, I always switch back to Sensodyne.

I have no idea if this product actually does anything for my enamel. I drink acidic things like juice and wine, so I'd like to think my teeth are more protected. I'll have to wait and see what happens on future trips to my charming dentist (who, by the way, does not recommend Sensodyne and claims it doesn't work -- shows how much he knows!).

I've enjoyed the Sensodyne ProNamel

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Sensodyne ProNamel Mint Essence Toothpaste:

I have used this every day for the past two weeks after receiving a sample from the dentist.  I love this stuff and have it on the top of my grocery list to buy the next time I hit the store.  I don't understand why some people say it takes bad -- maybe I have a different flavor?  I think it takes just fine (and I was a Colgate user before, if that matters).  I do use a rinse after my toothbrushing, so I feel like my breath gets plenty of freshness from the rinse.  The toothpaste has really helped with my ability to eat cold food like ice cream.  So my dentist will be happy, but my dietician will be upset that I'm eating more ice cream now!  HA!  This goes onto the brush easily and has a nice texture to it -- not too thick and not too runny.  I have heard it is quite pricey as toothpaste is concerned, but I figure we spend so much money on the dentist and whitening products and braces, etc., I don't understand why people want to be cheap with their toothpaste, which we use several times a day!