Other Washing Machines:
Samsung
WA422PRHDWR
Samsung Top Load Washing Machine

Samsung Top Load Washing Machine

Pros

• Clean clothes well (8)
  • Energy efficient (8)
  • Large capacity (8)
  • Adjustable settings (6)
  • Quiet (6)

• Bedding (8)
  • Everyday clothes (8)
  • Delicate (7)
  • Towels (7)
  • Heavy/bulky items (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (5), Frequent user (3)

Best washer I ever had.

Love this washer. I can wash a whole weeks laundry all at once. Just separate the colors from whites. Select your settings, add your detergent and any other additives (bleach, softener), push start and wait for the chimes to tell you it's done. Got it for a great price and used a 10% off movers coupon. At first the settings look overwhelming, but they really aren't difficult to master. You can even set your own settings and have it saved.

Energy Efficiency
It somehow figures out how much water it needs.

Cleaning Time
It takes a little longer than the old washers, but 1 load versus 3 you still save time.

Have not had an issue with performance. All my clothes have come out clean.

You tell it what you are washing on the dial and it does the rest. You can change temperature setting if you choose to by pushing the button.

It has a deep drum but that's no problem for me at 5 10.

Haven't had it long enough to fairly rate the durability.

Cleans well but broke too soon

Does an excellent job for our family of 5 however after 28 days the pump went out. It took almost 3 weeks for repair. Would hope for better from a basically brand new appliance

Cleans well but broke too soon

from Wisconsin Rapids

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Breaks Down

Best family washing machine

from Navarre

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Sleek design

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

I have a very large family and the laundry piles up sky high. With the large load size however it makes it very manageable and our clothes always come out clean as can be.

Washes great AND it looks great!

from Austin, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity

Cons

• Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

When we moved into our new home, I already knew which washer I wanted. I had seen this washer before and I absolutely fell in love with the design. It was stylish and could handle a lot of clothes. We bought it and when we got it home I knew I made the right decision.

The capacity is amazing and helps me finish the laundry quickly. I simply separate by wash needs and start. I select the appropriate setting and add the detergent, press start and it does all the hard work. I love the pre-soak option for those set in stains, or even my towels. There's a cute chime that lets you know when it's done and it won't scare you with a loud horn. I love how versatile it is and how much you can customize each cycle.

Energy Efficiency
    Based on the weight of the load, the washer decides the amount of water to use, as well as giving the option for water temperature and spin speed.

Cleaning Time
    It takes about 45 min to an hour per load, but since you're putting in more clothes per load, it definitely makes it worth it.

Clothes come out clean, and using the settings helps clean any special garments or fabrics.

It's pretty easy to use, just use the dial to select the wash type, and you can adjust the temperature, spin and soil level if needed.

The design is beautiful! The drum is a bit deep for me (5'4"), but it's worth it to be able to wash more per cycle

I've only had it for 1 year, but so far no problems.

Bottom Line : I would 100% recommend this to friends and family.

i would buy this again

from buffalo ny

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

i love this and i would defintely buy it again and it is a large capotpit which i love and it is so quiet and simple to use with many differant yels and differant settings love it

Great washer

from Austin, Texas

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

I love this washer. Really works well. Lots of settings for all my different types of clothes. Love being able to wash my delicates and my bedding. It is gentle enough for my delicates and permanent press yet I can still wash my bedding and heavy duty items. Washer is deep so I have a little problem getting items the bottom.

Effective but

from Aurora, CO

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Clean Clothes Well
        • Energy Efficient
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

This washer has a very large deep drum. I am a short person 5'1 3/4'' (the 3/4'' counts! lol) Any way when I do regular laundry, not blankets, I have to get an umbrella or something to grab the clothes at the bottom.

That being said, it is a great machine. It handles HE soaps well. The cycles can be long if you add too much soap. I didn't add that as a "con" for the ratings because thats more user error than machine flaw.

There are a good range of cycles. I tend to wash clothes on delicate cycles for longer because it's efficient and is nicer to my clothes. I do love the big drum because no matter what size bed I have I always get a king size comforter and this washer can handle it and the spin cycle is effective enough (in my experience) to get the king size comforter dry enough for the dryer so that it doesn't take forever.

I also have a lot of black clothing. The gentle cycle, even with bargain detergent has been kind to my darks.

Hands down best washer

from San Diego, Ca

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
          • Energy Efficient
          • Large Capacity
          • Quiet

Cons

• Long Cycle

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

There is nothing better than the smell of freshly cleaned laundry. I'm obsessed with it. I use my washer frequently and never had any trouble with it. The lid is a soft clothes. My clothes always come out super clean. The cycles are a bit long, but i'm find with that as long as my clothes are nice a clean. There are many different setting for the heat of the water and the cycle of spinning so that I know my clothes will last with several washes. Overall, it's a great washer.

Great Washer with a few odd features

from Adrian MI

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
          • Clean Clothes Well
          • Energy Efficient
          • Large Capacity
          • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

My husband recently bought the machine without communicating about it. At first I was worried that it would break down frequently because of all of the features. After using it for about four months I like the features and haven't had any issues with it. For me I need a machine that simply works and does a good job of cleaning. Since I have two kids and pets, I simply can't have a broken washer.

Power Features:
            I love that this machine turns off after each wash. I know it must be saving energy not to have the washer on at all times. Occasionally the machine will get stuck flashing end, I think this is because the load may be to heavy for it, or its slightly off balance. It doesn't happen to often and doesn't affect how it cleans. I like the end song because it is easy for me to hear across the house without it being loud and alarming.

Wash Cycle:
            It cleans and does a good job of it with minimal water usage depending on the setting. I like how you pour the soap into the cups in the washer. The face of the cups may need to be wiped down from time to time if you tend to spill, but much easier to use than the normal soap dispenser cups.

Spin Cycle:
            When we first started using this machine, we didn't have a dryer so I was carting all of the clothes in bags to the laundry mat. The Washer was able to get the clothes so they weren't heavy. It does hum a little when spinning, but not nearly as loud as some of the other washing machines that I've had.

Overall I would buy again.

Great design, but takes getting used to

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

We just bought this machine a month ago after owning a front loader washing machine. We went with this machine because it was priced reasonably, as well as larger than most top loader machines. This machine holds a ton of clothes in a single load, and will easily hold a king sized comforter.
            At first I loved the fact that it was so big, however my concern is that the limited amount of water that fills the machine doesn't seem to be enough to clean the amount of items in the machine. This machine does not have an agitator, and seems to just swish the clothes around.
            I seem to wash all of the loads on the heavy soil setting, the water level is increased with this setting. My clothes seem cleaner, but the load cycle does take 74 minutes to complete. This washing machine has a quick cycle feature, but I feel my clothes do not come out as clean.

This washing machine is very easy to use and the dials and buttons are clearly labeled. I do like the different sounds the machine makes when starting and finishing a load.

The top loader feature is great, you can leave the top open so the machine fully dries and does not have the smell that front loader washers tend to have.

• Cleaning Time:

A Wonderful Washer-Buy it!

Comments about Samsung Top Load Washing Machine:

My Samsung washer was purchased about a year ago, and so far, it is still as good as new. I love its large size and ability to wash large loads easily. This top loader has all of the standard features, and yet it is so easy to understand! The operation is quiet too, and I have stopped getting so many wrinkles in the clothing.

Energy Efficiency
            This top loader uses only the exact and necessary amount of water to wash my loads, so it doesn't waste any of my money! It also somehow dries my clothes during the process. And combining that with the machine's extreme efficiency, I STILL have a lower electricity and water bill!

Cleaning Time
            I have no complaints with the nice song the washer plays out when it is done cleaning, and love that I can choose to place my loads on the quick cycle.

All I have to do is pour in bleach and decide my settings, and presto! I'm set to go. I couldn't ask for a better washer.

The washer can accommodate various washing needs with different temperature settings, and can effectively wash and rinse large loads smoothly and with the minimum amount of noise.

It is a bit hard to reach the occasional loose cloth lying at the bottom of the washer, but it always is, so I guess its just normal. Otherwise, I love the large size and the color.

The few usual errors I've had with my washer have all been fixed with quick and easy maintenance. I expect with good care, my washer will last me for another decade or so.