Other Washing Machines:
Models:
WF448AAP, WF448AAW
Samsung Front Load Steam Washer

Samsung Front Load Steam Washer

Pros

• Adjustable settings (3)
  • Clean clothes well (3)
  • Large capacity (3)
  • Quiet (3)

• Bedding (3)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Everyday clothes (3)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (3)

No worries about vibration or leakage with this frontloader!

after months of researching and comparing of reviews, prices, warranties, i settled on this samsung washer (and dryer) set.  SO GLAD I DID!  it is our first front-loader so i had the understandable concerns that goes along with them, especially leakage and vibration.  i did NOT want my washer to "walk" across the floor during the spin cycle like so many other brands had been reviewed to do.  the VRT (Vibration Reduction Technology) really does work. not only does it not move, it is quiet as well.  and talk about a great capacity!  UUUUBER large loads are possible and with my active sports family, big loads are a daily thing.  i like the ecologically sound approach that it has by "sensing" the loads weight to determine just how much water is needed to wash.  great for my water bill and great for the environment, too.  all, in all, a really great machine.  looks great.  LOVE the height with the bottom drawer stacker unit.  no bending for clothes anymore.  there really isnt anything i would complain about or change.  the warranty was standard, but i purchased the extended warranty from the store for it, so no worries for years to come.

Energy Efficiency
im still a believer! the weight-sensing technology is the best in saving water!

Cleaning Time
if there was one tiny thing i would comment on is the cleaning time. the "normal" load time of 54 minutes isnt always realistic to schedule. but, the machines "quick wash/38 minute" option works out to do the job when im in a hurry

not a single complaint

i have a 17 year old son who now does his own laundry. say no more!

love it still.

not a single complaint.

Not what it's cracked up to be!

If you're reading this, then you know that for every good review that you read on a product, you'll read a negative one as well. Sorry if my post contributes to your confusion in that way! :-)  I just wanted to put my 2 cents out there on this Samsung, because I don't want someone else being surprised by the negatives like I am. So here it is....my pro's and con's.

First, it's a great machine. It does what it's 'supposed' to do. The steam feature is awesome, and I use it on towels and it works fantastically. The controls on this machine are great too. It has lots of options, and you can totally customize your cycles. It doesn't leak, it's solidly built, and overall, I'm pleased with the quality of Samsung. However.....

If you haven't owned a front load washing machine before, please note that you pretty much HAVE to keep the door open at all times (other than when it's actually operating). The salespeople will tell you this, reviewers will tell you this, pretty much everyone knows it. I guess I didn't believe them....but it's true. If you don't leave the door open, then mildew starts growing immediately. For example, I will start a load at 9pm, leave it in the machine over night, and it will STINK in the morning. This is a huge pet peave of mine. I have two small kids, so I don't want a machine that I have to 'babysit' in this way!

My other major pet peave is that my clothes are always a little 'crunchy' compared to the way they were with my old school top loading machine. I have tried cutting WAY back on detergent (to the point where I only put in a tablespoon per load!), adding an extra rinse to the cycle, etc. Nothing works. I'm convinced that this is a problem with top loaders as well. They use SO little water, that it's really difficult to remove all of the soap from clothing. I've noticed that my sisters clothes are a little 'stiff' as well. Not cool!

So, to conclude my review.

I have sold my Samsung steam washer (as beautiful and fancy as it is) to my parents (they're determined to own a front loader), and I'm buying an old school top loader....as old school as it gets. I figure that even though it uses more water per load, I''ll be saving water in the long run, because I won't be running rinse cycle after rinse cycle, trying to clean my clothes with the minimal water that a front loader uses.

Good luck with your search!

Great washer. It will clean anything.

from Wellston, ok

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

This washer does a great job on everything you can think of.

Amazing washer

from Bird City, KS

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I love this washer!! It gets all my clothes clean with the least amount of water. It also removes all the water which in turn reduces the time in the dryer, the only downside is the cycle time is longer.

Love it!

from Staten Island NY

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

• Everything

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I absolutely love my new Samsung Steam front loader. I didn't realize how small but old Matching was until i brought this home. It's much bigger and i love how the drum is somewhat on an angle. It's very simple to use and has a setting for just about anything you need including delicates, bedding, heavy duty, quick wash, and more. I can see the difference in my clothes and how much cleaner they are. They colors come out bright and colorful and the whites come out as white as can be. I am so happy with this. The steam setting is awesome and i love having that option. It makes it easier when you can get to a dry cleaner. The tray on top is easy to pull out and lush in and has a separate section for detergent, bleach. fabric softener, and a removable tray for powdered detergent. Overall this machine has given me no problems and i love the versatility of it. It's super quiet and there's no moving when it spins and you can really tailor every wash. It also has a memory setting and it remembers your last setting. I definetly recommend this machine.

Wonderful

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I got this washer/dryer last year for Christmas at a Black Friday sale. I love it. My husband's work clothes with old stains that I had done everything to get out, came clean on the first washing. It is quiet, efficient, and does an amazing job. I love the sanitize cycle, just to keep our home clean in a dirty world. I would recommend this set to anyone who is looking for a great washer at a great price. Well worth every penny!!

Energy Efficiency
    Uses almost no water, and is very electric efficient

Cleaning Time
    takes longer than a normal washer, but it is sooo worth it for really clean clothes

Clothes are clean, all stains come out first washing, even the old ones that I could not get out in the past. I have never seen old set in stains come out completely before. I am amazed. My clothes are not wadded up and wrinkled coming out of the washer, even ok for my delicate undergarments. No more having to un-tie things before putting in the dryer.

Really user friendly, if you can read, you can use this machine

I think it is beautiful.

I have only had it one year, so I cannot speak of long term durability, but it is still just like new after 11 months.

Another great product from Samsung

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

The Samsung Front Load Steam Washer W is another great product from Samsung. I got this almost a year ago and have enjoyed using it. Its energy efficiency is perfect for my household washing. The cleaning time can be adjusted to suit my need which depends on the kind of clothing material that I want to wash. It is very easy to use as the buttons and the knob are clearly labelled. The design is perfect with stainless steel body and a glass door. The performance is okay although some stains might not come off until I hand wash it afterwards. It is durable as I have had no problem with it whatsoever. My only concern though is the fact that when the clothes are spinning, the washer makes such a loud, continues noise until the spinning stops and the clothes are transferred to the dryer. I will recommend this product especially for large families to minimise the high cost spent on laundries.

• Cleaning Time:

Much better product than first years out!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

Don't let mould comments scare you off on this model as it has a tub clean cycle that I run once a month and never had bad smelling or mold develop in my wash drum. Huge capacity, great dispensers for soap etc, low water usage, clean clothes that are almost dry when I pull them out. Very quiet and trouble free machine and would purchase again.

Cleans large loads as well as small ones. Does a great job on heavy cottons to finest delicates. Love that my king bed comforter fits well in large drum.

One of my favorite features is the pre marked dispensers for detergent etc. I was always putting in too much softener and this helped substantially in my cutting back to correct amounts and saving money.

Looks great and even though I didn't purchase the matching pedestal drawers, my husband built a single pedestal to raise them so I wasn't bending over so far. My back thanks him daily for that! They are an esthetically pleading no matter how you gave them set up.

Love this Samsung Steam Washer

from North Baltimore, OH

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I was highly impressed with this washer. I have owned many top-load washers before I bought this front load washer, and this was also my first Samsung appliance purchase outside of their televisions. With this washer there are so many options to choose from for wash cycles, it actually amazed me. I have only two complaints and those are better ease of cleaning, and better color options. This washer is not the easiest thing to clean, its complicated and they really made it a challenge. If you are unsure how to properly clean it, Google it or something so you do not mess up the machine. Back to my other gripe of color variety. My appliances are all black, and I am picky, which means I like all my appliances to match. I had to settle with stainless, which is nice, but I would have preferred more of a variety. Aside from the two complaints this is a great washer, and you will not be disappointed if you purchase it.

Wonderful washing machine

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

What a great washing machine! We bought a Samsung washer and dryer at the same time. I love the washer. It has so many different cycles that it unreal! I started out using liquid detergent, and really had to work to keep the cup from getting moldy. Now I use the tide pods, and they work great in this machine.

The washer is so quiet and so water efficient. When you put clothes in the washer, it takes a few minutes to weigh your load. Then the water usage is based on that. The cycles seem long, but for regular loads, I just use the "Quick Wash" cycle, which is 38 minutes. But on each cycle you can change the water temperatures. The clothes come out after a great spin, they are very close to being dry anyway.

I can't say how much I love this machine. It looks great, It works great. It is water and energy efficient, What else could you ask for. Maybe something to fold the clothes after I dry them!

Love this machine!

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I have had my samsung front loaders for about two months now and I am very pleased! I have four children so I have a lot of laundry on a weekly basis, with this front loader I can put more clothes in one load and save money but more importantly my clothes come out clean. Pinot to mention I have had a decrease in my utilities on a monthly basis. I love my Samsung front loader and would highly recommend it to anyone. It has a lot of great features.

Very energy efficient!

Many different options!

Very user friendly machine

Wish I hadn't bought it

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Samsung Front Load Steam Washer:

I bought this machine as part of a set because it got mostly good reviews and I really liked the way it looked. It has a clean, modern design and I am happy with the various options that it offered. However, after using it and owning it more than a year I really miss my old, white, non-efficient top loader. I bring some stuff to my parents and I've even brought by duvet covers and a comforter to a laundry mat! I find that the machine simply doesn't get my clothes as clean as my old machines did. I believe it's because it just doesn't use enough water to get things soaked and clean. To get a spot out of anything I need to use a spot cleaner, pre-soak in my laundry room sink, and then transfer to the washer. I spend twice as much time (maybe more) than I did with my cheaper old machines!

You can definitely fit quite a bit of clothes in there but I really worry if things are getting clean. I put in a small comforter once and the middle didn't even get wet! There's something wrong when you pst this much for a machine and you are forced to hi to the laundromat.

Energy Efficiency
    It's too efficient! Doesn't get your clothes clean.