Other Dog Healths:

Cons

Safe and Effective

from Virginia

Comments about Safe-Guard 4 Canine Dewormer:

I am a huge animal lover, especially when it comes to dogs. When our dog passed away a few months ago I knew we would start looking for a puppy. I never expected my husband to come home with 10 week old puppies, a sister and brother, who desperately needed a home. I could tell right away they were in need of a check up, since both were still nursing on their mother at almost 10 weeks. I went ahead and started the deworming process with Safe-Guard 4, it was what I had used with previous dogs. This is powder form, I didn't have to force a pill down the dogs mouth, which is helpful. Both of them ate all of their food right away, never noticing the medicine. Once starting the dewormer I repeated the same thing 3 days in a row. If a puppy has worms you will see them in their stool, because this medicine kills adult worms fast. I have never had a dog suffer from any side effects from this product, it's effective on a variety of parasites but I must stress it does not treat all of them. It was the only product u had on hand at the time the puppies arrived ( 8pm at night) and thankfully it was what they needed. The vet tested their stool, and I can proudly say they both are healthy. Highly recommend this for anybody who has a dog.

Good De-worming choice.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Safe-Guard 4 Canine Dewormer:

Someone had abandoned two puppies on the side of the road out in the country and I rescued them to try and find them a new home. I had no idea what they had or where they had been so I took them to the vet and gave them their shots, I also bought these deworming tablets from the vet to give to them. This came with two tablets that you give to them at different times, they are really easy to give, the dogs just took them right out of my hands and chewed them up and swallowed them. These were what the vet recommended to me so I was happy to give it to them to get rid of any worms that they might have. The only negative thing that I noticed with these pills is that they had really loose stools after they took these. I know that can be a common side effect of taking these, so I was expecting it, but it did last for about two days in each puppy before it stopped. Their stool also had a really foul smell after taking these for about 8 hours, it was very strong.

Works Well -- Be Sure to Check With Your Vet

Comments about Safe-Guard 4 Canine Dewormer:

This product is exactly the same as the ingredients in Panacur. It has been around forever, and works perfectly well for the worms it is intended to treat. After getting a recommendation from the vet, we used this on our dog with very successful results. Tapeworms require a different product. Obviously, your dog should be diagnosed at your vet's office. Then you will know WHAT type of worms your dog has, and what treatment is necessary. It goes without saying that you must READ the directions as well as get instructions from your vet. I find mixing the powder with canned food or a glob of yogurt is all you need to do to get your dog to gobble it up. Your dog should also be on a heartworm preventative, and most of these products will have the added benefit of preventing several other types of parasites. Overall I highly recommend, just check with your vet that it is what your dog needs.