Other Dog Healths:
Dog Treats , Food and Treats, Treats
Greenies
Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats

Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats

Pros

• Easy to chew (4)
  • Digests well (3)
  • Tasty (3)

• Everyday (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (4)

My Jody Loves them!!

Pill Pockets are a God send!  My Jody (profile picture) tends to have problems with UTI's and has to be on anti biotics from time to time.  We also give her fish oil caps and sometimes she can't chew them so I wrap them up in a pill pocket and she gobbles them up in a heartbeat!  It gets to the point where all I have to do is rattle the package and she's up and ready to take her meds with ears perked!  She likes them so much that sometimes I'll give them to her as a little treat when she's not on her meds.  I am so glad someone came up with these.  There's also feline pill pockets too.

My Dog Didn't Buy Into Greenies' Pill Pockets

My four-year-old lab / collie mix has to take pills at least on a monthly business, but sometimes he has to take them more frequently due to allergies.  I thought that these would make giving him his medication a lot easier, but my dog just chewed around the pill and then spit it out.  I thought that maybe I wasn't putting the pills into the pockets right, but no matter how I put the pill in there, regardless of whether or not my dog saw me put it in there, he would still end up eating the pill pocket and spitting the medication out.  He absolutely loves the pill pocket, but there really isn't any reason to keep buying these since they don't disguise the medication for my dog.  I also noticed that they pill pockets seem to dry out after several months, even though the use by date is still good.  I also keep them in a sealed bag, so I'm not sure why they're drying out.  Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend these to people who have extremely intelligent dogs.  If the dog is like mine, it will end up leaving the medication and eating the pill pocket.

Perfect for Daily Use!

from Hartford, CT

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Digests Well
  • Easy To Chew

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

My veterinarian recommended these Greenies pill pockets when my dog outright refused to take his allergy medication and they have been a lifesaver! There are two kinds - one each for tablets and capsules so you can buy the one that correctly fits the medicine you need to administer. The pill just slips right in and is completely invisible to the dog. Mine just gulps it down like a regular treat and medicine time is over in a a snap and painless for both him and me!

Greenies offers four flavors of their pockets - Smoke, Peanut Butter, Chicken, and Duck & Pea. The Duck & Pea is great for dogs with allergies since it has no odd ingredients which may cause a reaction and that is the variety I serve in my home. I have tried the other flavors as well and while Smoke was most certainly not a hit both Peanut Butter and Chicken were happily consumed.

They can be a bit pricey, especially if you need to use more than one a day but it's definitely worth it. The 25 count bag goes for about $8 at most chain pet stores and you can get them cheaper if they are on sale but there are usually no coupons available.

I definitely highly recommend these to anyone who has to administer medication daily. It makes life so much easier for everyone involved.

No more Doggy Breath

from Nashville, TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Teeth
      • Easy To Chew
      • Fun
      • Tasty

• Special Reward

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

Greenies is a great brand. I was a bit nervous because of their recalls, however, these treats have proven wonderful for me time and me again. I love everything about them -my dog loves them; they are easy to carry around, so if you are training your pet they're really convenient outdoors; they are affordably priced from a trusted brand; and they clean your pet's teeth while also freshening his breath.

The Greenies treats are available​ in chicken, hickory smoke, and peanut butter flavor. I try to rotate flavors, although I have found that Buddy really responds to the peanut butter flavor -go figure.

These treats are awesome, and they have tons of benefits that you and your dog will enjoy with the very first use.

Works Like A Charm!!

from Va

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Digests Well
        • Easy To Chew
        • Nutritional
        • Saves Money
        • Tasty

Cons

• Smelly

• Larger Dogs
        • Older Dogs
        • Puppies
        • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

If you are a pet owner you already know the advantages of owning a pet, how happy they can make you. But owning a pet can get expensive especially when it comes down to medication. I have 2 medium size bull boxer dogs, and my female refuses to take any type of medication, when I think she's taken it, I will find the pill lying on the floor and wonder how in the world did she not swallow it after I checking her mouth thoroughly. Then I worry if it was from the prior day or that day and over time wasting medication can get very expensive. Greenies Pill Pockets has taken the stress out of administring my dogs medication and even though the pockets are a little pricey, they have saved me money on my dogs expensive prescription medication. I have bought all 4 flavors, the chicken and beef are her favorites, her brother prefers the Duck and Pea, which I find to have an overwhelming stinch to them, no matter which flavor I offer them they eat it right away as if I were giving them a reward. I like that the pockets are large enough for most capsules or pills, if the pill is too large, the pocket is moist and moldable.The process is simple, after placing the medication in the opening, I pinch the end to close. My dogs have no idea that I'm secretly giving them medication, they are excited when they see the bag, and I offer it to them as if it were a reward. I thought about stuffing the Greenies a week in advance so I wouldn't forget to give their meds, but seeing how moist the pockets are I thought twice about it, and didn't want to take a chance on dissolving the pill. I'm glad I found this product and highly recommend it to anyone who has a dog who hates taking their meds.

Easy way to sneak meds to dogs.

Profile Image

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Digests Well
        • Easy To Chew
        • Fun
        • Tasty

Cons

• Smelly

• Larger Dogs
        • Puppies
        • Special Reward

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

As a pet owner I have for a long time had the ongoing fight of trying to get the dogs to eat or take there pills. I like a lot of you reading this have done all the stand by methods to get the medicine to the dogs- peanut butter, cheese, grinding it up in wet food. Been there, done that. That's why I was so excited when I found the Greenies pill pockets.

My pets are already familiar with the Greenies line of products. The breath freshening chewables have been a favorite of the dogs for years.

I bought a bag of these pill pockets when one of the dogs had surgery and had to be on anti inflammation medicine. He wasn't wanting to take them with any of the old standby methods, so that's when I resorted to buying these.

I'm so so glad that I did. They perfectly hide the medicine and the dogs have no idea that they are taking medicine until it's too late.

I have since that first bag bought multiple more bags and they are still a huge hit.

The price is right. They do what I need/want them to do and I couldn't be happier.

Great for sneaking dogs meds!

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

Greenies pill pockets are perfect for sneeking medicine to even the most unwilling dog. Grab a treat and tuck the pill inside. They seem to like them enough to gulp them down without finding the medicine inside. I have a dog with medical issues and has to take 2 pills a day. I was putting a glob of peanut butter on bread, and she figured out that there was in fact medicine in the peanut butter and she started spitting the pill out and eating the rest. I then tried to fold it up in a piece of cheese which didn't work either. She got very good at spitting just the pill out. I don't like to force the pill down her throat because she is so old and gets stressed out very easy. I saw the pill pockets at petco and decided to give them a try. She now takes her meds without incident and hasn't discovered the pill inside. I reccomended these for anyone who has to give their dog pills, it's much simpler and probably cheaper in the long run to use these. My dog has no idea she's being scammed and she gets her daily dosages without any issues. To me they are a must have!

Side Effects
        My dog has a sensitive belly and skin and she does not get any side effects from these treats.

• Quality of Ingredients:

A must have!

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

Greenies Pill Pocket Canine Treats are a lifesaver! I have never liked giving my dog medicine, it is always a hassle trying to get it down his throat. Fortunately, with these there is absolutely no hassle! It is so easy, simply put the pill into the opening of the treat, pinch the ends shut, and feed it to your dog as if it were a treat. My dog eats these up without even noticing the medicine inside. This product makes administering medicine to your dog so simple. If you have a dog that often needs medicine and struggle with it, I would definitely recommend the Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats!

Quality of Ingredients
        The ingredients in this product are great. I feel totally comfortable feeding these to my dog and the great thing is he loves them!

Side Effects
        This product makes giving my dog his medicine so simple. He enjoys the taste of these and I have no problems administering his medicine anymore.

• Quality of Ingredients:
        • Side Effects:

For those tough pills your dog just won't eat.

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

I love the concept of this snack as well as the natural ingredients which the snack is made out of. It is a pretty simple concept. It is a treat, that has a small hole for you to place capsules of medication in to. One of our dogs takes arthritis medication which she refuses to eat on its own. We have tried putting it in sausage, hot dogs, peanut butter, wet food,and even mixing it in to her food. None of these work consistently. When I came across these pocket pills, I decided to try them, and they did the trick perfectly. You simply put the pill or capsule in the little pocket of the treat, and it folds right in. The dog doesn't smell the pill, she can't see it, and doesn't suspect it is in there. This treat has been a blessing in disguise, and is ideal for dog owners who simply can't get their pet to take medication, or oral pills which they have to take on a regular basis for illness or for overall health.

• Side Effects:

My puppy freaks out for these.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

These little moist, bacon smelling treats are something my puppy loves. I've been giving her coconut oil and putting it inside the little hole in the treats and she loves them even more! She loves coconut oil, but combining them makes for a winning combination. I love the idea that you can easily stick pills or medicine inside.

Quality of Ingredients
        The ingredients are good enough for me. I usually feed my pup all natural treats with added fruits and things like blueberries, but these are great to break up for potty training purposes and she loves them. The ingredients are of good quality and I feel good about giving these to my puppy.

Side Effects
        I haven't noticed any side effects besides the fact that my puppy goes crazy for these. They don't tear up her tummy or make her sick, we only give her about two a day though. Her coat is really soft and shiny, but I think it's due to the combination with these treats and coconut oil.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Love it!

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

It is so hard to get my dog to take her medications. I used to have to fight with her. I tried hiding it in bologna, but she would eat around the medicine every time. I tried everything I could think of, but to no avail. Finally, after I got really, really frustrated, my friend told me about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats. I decided to try them. I mean, it is not like I was having any luck any other way right? My dog loves them! I finally got her to take her medications without fighting with her! Now, when I go to give her medicine to her, she does not even know she is taking it! She just thinks that she is doing a trick and getting a treat for it. I love it! Finally, no more fighting or chasing her all over the house! Never again will I have to spend hours trying to get her to take her much needed medications! Thank you Greenies! This is an ingenious product for sure!

Side Effects
        I have not seen any side effects in my dog.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Pricey but Great Pill Carrier

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Treats:

My dog is on so many supplements and medications and while I can often dab peanut butter onto a regular dog treat and stick the pill into the blob, she's recently become more difficult to get a particularly large pill into - one she needs daily. She'll spit it back out after somehow dislodging it from the peanut butter smeared treat. I know I am not the only one who has to deal with this - but I am surprised that it seemed to take so long for an answer!

I have now seen a couple different brands of this treat that has a pill pocket, but we buy Greenies only. Our dog has some allergy issues and these are more natural ingredients. They're more expensive than regular treats, so we always try one attempt with the peanut butter/regular treat to administer the difficult pill but after one spit out we'll use this product and she will take it all in and swallow it. I can get a bag to last me a couple months because it's about half and half usage of this and the others, but this is worth the money so I don't have to repeatedly attempt a method that my dog keeps thwarting!

Side Effects
        No side effects

• Quality of Ingredients: