4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Maverick Always Requests DelMonte Canine Carry Out Beef Treats

Maverick is a <5 pound Chihuahua that rules my life.  He by far gets more from me then my children ever did.  I had a difficult time finding snacks for him that would not give him diarrhea or required me to downsize the pieces to fit his size.  He had his first Canine Carry Outs Beef Flavor about 6 months ago and along with his homemade teeny tiny dog biscuits he is a very happy dog.  He knows that he only gets 1/2 of a "Carry Out" in the morning and another 1/2 bite at night.  If I try to give him the whole piece he will lay it on the floor and patently wait for me to break it in half and do the right thing.  He is so smart.  The mix of ingredients apparently are tolerable to these tiny little dogs.. I noted right away that he was even eating his dry food better once he started getting his treats of DelMonte Canine Carry Outs.  We have never tried another flavor, as he seems so happy with the "Beef Flavor" and tolerates it so well.  I appreciate the zip-top bags to retain the freshness of the "bites".  They have a  great smelling aroma and I don't mind handling them at all.  What ever the food coloring is that they use in them has not affected his stool status.  These little bites are great.

Cheap and full of junk.

My husband brought these home as a treat for our dogs one day because the store was out of our normal treats. I looked them over and did not like at the beginning that I could not read or understand almost any of the ingredients, an obvious sign to me that this was full of fillers and not full of natural ingredients that were going to be very healthy for my dogs. The dogs already saw the snacks in my hands and were going nuts so I figured I would give them a few anyways and that it would be okay. One of my dogs is very old and she has a somewhat sensitive stomach so I was hoping that these would not upset hers. The younger dogs did great with these and had no side effects, they did take them a while to chew up but other than that, they were really happy. About an hour after giving these my older dog was really not feeling well and ended up throwing up these snacks all over my floor. All of the junk that is in these is not good for a dogs stomach and having a dog with some sensitivity to this kind of stuff made it worse. This is not filled with natural and healthy ingredients and isn't something that should be fed to a dog.

Satisfying Dog Treats

from Everett, WA, USA

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs are chewy treats that my dog loves. He looks forward to doing a few tricks for treats after his humans have eaten dinner, so I look for treats that are nutritious as well as satisfying. TheCanine Carry Outs are chewy as well as a little bit crunchy, which gives his teeth and gums a good cleaning as he is working on the treat.

The different shapes haven't really mattered to my dog, though I'm sure some dogs would enjoy the variety. That they look like steaks and other meat cuts is more for the people I think. The only drawbacks that I see are that this product contains food coloring, which can affect dogs with sensitive stomachs. The other drawback is that most of the dried 'meat-like' treats have at least some preservatives. My dog is not overly sensitive to preservatives but I keep those and items containing food coloring at a minimum just to be safe.

Both of my Doggies love these Treats!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

I first purchased these treats to help train my doggie. She was Eight weeks old when I rescued her. I started out by giving her very small bites after she went through the doggie door to go potty. She caught on quickly! She loved the treats. Training her to sit, stay, and walk on the leash, I did the same. These treats made the task of training so much easier. I only gave her little pieces, I didn't want a obese puppy. Every time she obeyed a command I gave her a piece of one of these treats! Now when I come home from work or shopping, or whatever, there she is, sitting up so cute, waiting for a treat. When I come home they know they are going to get a treat and start showing off doing cute little things to get one! I have been buying these for over a year now, and my doggies never get tired of them. They are very moist and chewy, and the doggies love them. I carry them with me when I take them for a walk or to the park. They are perfect size for a snack!

Poison

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

I bought these in the past and both my dogs had bad seizures, I stopped buying them. I had my doubts whether it was treats or something else. I recently decided to try them again because they did like them before. Well guess what they both had seizures again with those treats. They need to be removed off the market!

Decent Treats

from MI

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

Our dog, Daisy, is a pretty picky dog when it comes to what type of treat she likes. She usually likes her standard, Milkbone, plain/bland bone treats, as they agree with her stomach and she has been getting them for years.

However, we recently had a friend buy the Del Monte Canine Carry outs as gift for Daisy, and surprisingly, she didn't seem to mind them. These treats are small, soft and easy to chew for our small dog. While she didn't go completely crazy for them, she didn't turn her nose up at them either, like she does with some treats. She is pretty picky, and her stomach is extremely sensitive and prone to throwing up anything that is too rich, but these dog treats agreed with her and she seemed to like them.

While we will likely continue to give her the normal Milkbone treats that she is accustomed to, the Canine Carry Outs will be a nice addition to the treat rotation every now and then for something extra special.

Cheap and full of junk.

from Elko, Nevada

Good for a treat

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

I have been buying Del Monte's Canine Carry Outs for years, and have used them for treats with all my dogs over that time. So far not a single one has disapproved. These treats are chopped up in the perfect size for nearly any type of dog. They are a chewy type of treat and typically come in a couple of different flavors. The ones I buy the most are the beef and chicken flavors. Also these treats are packaged in an assortment of quantities, and the bag is resealable. I would suggest not buying their biggest bag unless you have a lot of dogs to reward. I did this one time, and the treats dried out before I could use them all up.
What I like best about these treats is that it won't break your budget. For the amount you get, they are quite affordable. As with all treats, these should be given out in moderation, as they can really pack on the pounds if you are not careful.
Overall I really don't have anything bad to say about Del Monte's Canine Carryouts, aside from that I wish they would make a few more flavor varieties.

Canine Carry Outs

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

These are treats that are a must for my Dozerdog. When I mention treats he responds to licking his chops and giving me his full attention. My Best friend enjoys these particular treats on a daily basis and I share four to six pieces each time with him. The pieces are a good size for any size pet as they are easily chewed . The pouch they come in is resealable and I never have a problem with them staying fresh mostly because they just don't last long enough for them to go bad. Out of all the products on the market this one has a very affordable price and being on a fixed income I feel that I am getting a very good value for the money I spend on this product. I Love my Dozerdog and I would not give him anything that I would worry about and he has eaten this product for two years and I still get that Happy face and his full attention when I mention the word treats and he knows that he is going to enjoy some Canine Carry Outs.

Dog crazed treats

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

My dog went crazy for these tasty treats. Most of the time when I would give him a raw hide or some other type of treat for him he would take it outside and burry it. That to me was a waste of time and money because he wouldn't even naw or go back to it. I bought these thinking that the same thing would happen but he ate it and came begging for more. so from then on I buy these.

My Baby Loves Canine Carry Outs

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

My little four legged baby just absolutely loves the Canine Carry Outs brand of treats. As soon as she comes in, she heads straight to the kitchen beside the treat jar. I like that these treats haven't been on any of the caution lists for pet treats. The treats come in a wide variety of flavors which is great for keeping my little baby from getting tired of them. The Canine Carry Out treats are a great bargain and you can find them at most any store that carries pet supplies. These treats come in a variety of soft or hard which is great for my older dog who is losing most of his teeth but still wants and deserves his treat. I have been buying the Canine Carry Outs line of dog treats and will continue to do so as I haven't seen a better bargain on pet treats. Also, you can almost always find great money saving coupons on these treats. I would recommend any pet lover to purchase these. Your four legged babies will love them.

Last resort snack

Comments about Del Monte Pet Products Canine Carry Outs:

What I mean is...it's sort of like giving your dog fast food. Yes, she likes them, and that's all good, but I try to take it really easy on these. I don't think they have the nutritional value that most all natural snacks have, so I really limit her intake on these. These pretty much have to be a last resort, where the alternatives are worse or I'm really stuck for something and it will be a while before I can get my hands on something better.