Other Dog Treats:
Zuke's
Zuke's Mini Naturals

Zuke's Mini Naturals

Good quality dog treat.

When I switched back to feeding the dogs a all natural dog food I wanted to find a natural dog treat that went along with it. I searched online and in different pet stores before I came across Zuke's mini Natutals.

They had two different flavors and I took a chance and bought one package in each flavor to try out with the dogs.

They both liked each flavor. I was glad to see it too, because I could recognize everything that is in the treats and I feel better about giving these to my dogs than the "sausage" treats filled with minute amounts of meat and plenty of fillers.

My favorite part of these treats is that they are the perfect size for all breeds of dogs. They are also the right texture for dogs from puppies up to elderly dogs to be able to eat and digest easily.

Like I said both dogs really enjoy these treats, my only complaint is that they have a really weird smell. It's hard to describe but both varieties have an odd smell to them. I always have to wash my hands immediately after giving out the treats.

The price is pretty good too. As long as you're not treat crazy with them, the packages last a good amount of time- more than long enough to justify the purchase price. I will continue to buy these treats.

Perfect size for new puppies.

I didn't realize how smelly dog food and dog treats were until we got our new puppy. Suddenly my nose was assaulted by all sorts of vile and offensive beefy, fishy odors. Sadly, these treats are no exception at all. They are the perfect size for tiny little puppies, but once the dog gets closer to its final size, the treats are harder to dole out and reward with. I find that the easiest way to do it is to put the treat on the floor or in my hand with my fingers as flat as they can get. The only problem is that with putting the treat on the floor, I personally don't think it's good for training, because you can't quickly reward and then move on.

Aside from the tiny size, Zuke's are a great treat for dogs and puppies. They seem to really enjoy them, and the small size does make them fast to eat. The smell, as I mentioned before, is almost unholy, and I'm hoping that as time gos by, I'll get more used to the smell of dog treats and kibble.

Made in USA

from United States

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Teeth
  • Digests Well
  • Easy To Chew
  • Fun
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

• Everyday
    • Smaller Dogs
    • Special Reward

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

I only buy treats that are made in the united states and by product free so once i seen these treats i knew i had to give them a try.The sizes of these treats treats are smaller than a dime and are prefect for training,rewards and just spoiling.The smell is so good even to me and very strong my dogs went straight up to the bag and sniffed all over it,scratching trying to get the bag open.Once i opened the bag to give them a treat they instantly ate it up and wanted more.I love buying treats for my dogs that are not only tasty to them but also good for them.This bag has resealable bag to keep the treats fresh and from going bad, the price for the treats are definitely worth it and i cant wait to buy all the flavors!

Good quality dog treat.

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Teeth
    • Digests Well
    • Easy To Chew
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Smelly

• Everyday
    • Larger Dogs
    • Older Dogs
    • Puppies
    • Smaller Dogs
    • Special Reward

A great product

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

In our household me almost always have a package of zukes mini naturals dog treats. First of all our dog just absolutely adores them. Once she gets one she begs for even more! We love this particular dog treat because it's natural. Sometimes as pet owners we forget to make sure that out dogs food is healthy and nutritious. It is a little inconvenient to purchase these particular dog treats because I can only did them at a particular specialty store but lately I have been purchasing them online and that is extremely convenient. Also, I have found coupons for this particular product in circulars making it much more affordable. It is a little more expensive than a typical dog treat but it's worth every penny. I highly reccomend giving these treats a try. After all it's important as pet owners to take the very best care of our pets and healthy and nutritious treats are a great way.

Super great for training!!

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

I adopted my dog a year ago. He is a Boston Terrier and Chihuahua mix, 3 year old, about 15 lb. I was determined to use only Positive Reinforcement as a training method and I've tried many treats.
    I especially like this one for a few reasons:
    1. Great size for my dog. He can have more than 20 in a training session and does not get full.
    2. Great taste for my dog. My dog just loves it! The Peanut Butter, the Chicken, and the Salmon flavor.
    3. No mess no crumbs. I can put them in my pocket and it leaves no mess in my pocket.
    4. Moist and soft. It is easy to break and my dog can chew very fast-- help to keep the training going.
    5. Natural Ingredients.

However, I had to take 2 points off for the following reasons:
    1. The biggest concern for me is that it is too moist that if I give too many to my dog, he will have runny/watery stool.
    2. This is minor but still should mention: If leaves the bag open or the treats out for a short period time, they get very hard.
    3. It is way too expensive for a pound of treats like this.

To summarize, it is a convenient and efficient treat for training, however it is too expensive and may give some dog loose stool.

I recommend you to give it a try.

Dog Crack!

from Concord, NC

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

I was looking for a small, moist type of treat that I could use for training that would smell enticing enough to keep my great dane (who was very easily distracted) focused on me no matter what was going on around us. Well, I found that and more when I discovered Zuke's Mini Naturals. She went bonkers for them.

She had a little social anxiety, but we were trying to work through that so I would always load up my pockets with Zuke's on the way out to socialize. This resulted in her eating the pockets out of my pants a few times when she raided the laundry.

Needless to say, they apparently have a flavor and scent that dogs can't refuse. The ingredients are healthy, there are no ingredients in them that make me shy away from purchasing them, and they are the perfect size for training.

I would caution against leaving them in a vehicle or near a source of heat or sun, as that seemed to cause spoilage in a bag I kept in my car. Other than that, they seemed to keep well.

I would absolutely recommend these!

My Dog Loves These!

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

My dog has no problem eating these. I have to remind her they are treats to reward good behavior and not just to snack on! It's good to know it's good for her and I don't have to worry about the quality. I highly recommend these treats, especially if your dog happens to be picky like mine.

Puppy begs for these treats.

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

My little puppy is a pretty picky eater, but these Mini Naturals treats by Zuke's has him begging on his little hind legs. These treats are a perfect size for stuffing in your pocket to train on walks and even to bring to puppy classes in a little zip lock bag. It's easy to over treat, so sometimes I like to take these treats and split them in half to make them last longer. The prices on these treats are more than the normal grocery store brand, but they are definitely worth every penny. These treats do not make the pet parent feel guilty because they are humanely made from natural and healthful ingredients. My puppy Koby loves all the flavors in this line of treats, but his favorite flavor has to be the chicken one. I really feel like these treats are the best in both health and in taste for my furry little buddy and I keep seeing myself reach for these when we're having one of our little training sessions at home. If you must give your dog yummy treats, I recommend picking these treats up at the store.

Excellent for training!

from New Glarus, WI

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

These are the best training treats I have come across, second only to Charley Bear. My dog adores the peanut butter flavored ones. Even though they're small, I do half or quarter them when we are training. The cats adore them as well!

Only 2 calories each, my dogs love'em and no wheat or corn.

from Rising SunRising Sun, MD

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

Zuke's MIni Naturals has to be one of the best dog treats around.  This product has everything going for it:  small in size and low calorie for frequent feeding, none of the usual dog treat additives or allergans, resealable bag, extra nutrients and natural ingredients, not messy.

Great training treats!

from Boulder, CO

Comments about Zuke's Mini Naturals:

I used these treats when I was training my puppy (now a full-grown dog!). He still loves them to this day, even though he weighs over 100 pounds & eating one of these treats is like throwing a pebble into the ocean of his stomach :)

These are great treats for training because they are so small. And they are moist, which dogs love. The flavors (peanut butter, salmon, & chicken) are ones that most dogs love, & the company is constantly evolving & they have great customer service. I love their products!