Other Dog Treats:

Pup-PeroniPupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef

Pros

Cons

Our Boxer loves these treats

Our Boxer boy absolutely loves Pupperoni Dog Treats, these are his all time favorite, although he does have a couple others he will take as well. He likes treats!

Our dog...Read complete review

Our dog drools when he sees the bag. And he will come running if he just hears the bag. We give these as a treat, as well as break them apart and use for training goodies. They are soft, chewy, and smell pretty tasty. They are very similar to a slim jim.

We'll buy the Lean or the regular, we try to buy the Lean when it's available. The big bag is a value, but we buy what's available and affordable at that time. These are a doggie 'must have' and are always in our dog treat cabinet.

The bag states that the #1 ingredient is real beef. And I really appreciate the resealable bag they come in. I also like that these seem fresh everytime and are not dried up and hard. Pupperoni has actually come out with a new "jerky" version, but we have not tried those yet.

Delmonte Pupperoni: Good, But Not for Your Dog

I learned in hindsight that although my wire haird fox terrier LOVED Pupperoni, it was not good for her. I lost her nearly four months ago, due to kidney failure.
Read complete review

Dogs suffering from renal failure have difficulty in processing foods high in protein. I was unaware of that until after the fact.

While I thought I was being a good "daddy," I was actually contributing to a quicker death for my beloved pet.

All pet lovers should be aware that things that "taste good," things that our pets "love," can actually be harmful to them.

While my Foxy Lady loved Pupperoni, it was not good for her. Now, I am so very sorry that I provided the treats for her. They might be fine for dogs without kidney disease, but absolutely not for dogs with kidney issues.

Great for teaching treats for all sizes

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

Theses are probably the best treats that I have used to help me in basic training and teaching of tricks to many dogs of many diffrent sizes. The smallest of which being under five pounds and the largest being well over 100. Not one of them had been unwilling to eat this treat, all of them salivate and get excited at the crinkling sound of the bag being opened. As long as the treats are broken into sizes that are safe for the smaller dogs to eat, and the dog is always supervised while snacking, they have no problem chewing or swallowing. The treats are very easy to break up into smaller pieces, which comes in handy with even the extra large sized dogs, because they can be given one at a time. This can really come in handy when training or teaching them almost anything if the dog is treat motivated since they will have to do the same thing receptively in the beginning and don't get bored when they get treated.

Love these

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef and other flavors are my favorite treat to feed my new puppies. They come in long sticks that look like beef jerky. They are easy to rip up into pieces to feed your dog for training purposes or slowly so they can savor the flavor. They taste so good to dogs that they tend to scarf them down without chewing! They are easy to grab one and come in a great resealable package that keeps them fresh for a long time. I have never had a package of treats go stale before feeding the last one to my puppy. I love the name of them because it is so catchy and the marketing has really caused me to lean towards this treat for all the baby dogs I have owned. I like that there is more than one flavor so I can switch it up for my loved pets. You get a very good amount of treats in each bag for the purchase price. I would surely recommend these to any dog owner/lover.

Pupperoni lean beef dog treats

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

These lean beef Pupperoni dog treats look, feel, and smell like beef jerky that is sold for human consumption. Most dogs, mine included, love human food and beg for it all the time. These are great treats for that reason, the dog feels like she is getting something special and it makes her happy. These treats do have that strong beef jerky smell so if you are like me and have a sensitive stomach, hold your breath! These lean beef ones are low fat so perfect if you have a chunky dog or if they need to be on a low fat diet for some medical reason. My girl just loved these and would get incredibly excited whenever we got the bag out of the cabinet. These are great treats to use for training too. I taught my dog how to sit and give paw using these as a reward. The only thing I did not like about these treats was the price. They are made with real beef so I know they are healthier for dogs but they are pretty expensive.

Yummy But Not Nutritious

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

These taste good and dogs love them but they are not good for them nutritionally. These are packed with all sorts of preservatives and fillers and artificial colors and flavors which are not good for anyone.

My dog received these in his Christmas stocking one year and he loved them. He likes all treats but these were extra yummy. The size is perfect for his tiny mouth (he's a Chihuahua) and they are easy to chew.

He really enjoys the smell as well and takes a deep sniff along the entire length of the treat before devouring it.

The package is quite economical and you get quite a few treats for your money plus these can be found in almost every grocery or big box store making it very easy to pick them up while doing regular shopping.

Overall, while these may be yummy, they are not really good nutrition and should be considered to be the equivalent of a fast food hamburger - yummy once in a great while but not for everyday consumption.

These sound good enough to eat and our little doxie loves them

from Texas

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

These are not only a affordable snack for your pet they don't have a lot of filler in them. One of the flavors comes in a lean version which I ordered for her. She has the typical doxie back and we are trying to keep it at bay by keeping her weight down. She loves these treats and I cut them in half so she can have a morning and afternoon treat. These are easy to carry with you or store. I do replace the package and put them in a air tight container. These snacks smell good - kind of like jerky and while I haven't tasted them the pets certainly think they are worth the calories. They gulp them right down. These are a easy to place order and they arrive in just a couple of days. I carry these with me when we walk and if I see someone else walking I stop and ask if their dog can have a treat. I give them the treat to them and after just a couple of times of stopping I am getting acquainted with other neighbors as well as their pets. These dogs all seem to recognize me and are on the watch for me

She loves them!!

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

My dog, Boogaloo, a Shar-pei, loves these things. Especially the ones with egg and cheese! She begs for them and loves them cut up in her food. Just get the big bag because they will eat them all up and then beg you for some more. Only wish they gave out more coupons because they are a little on the pricey side.

Good treats for dogs

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

My dog loves these treats, in fact, she one day was caught sneaking into the cabinet they are stored in trying to steal some more! They are great for just an every once in a while little snack for your furry friends, or they are also a wonderful little incentive whenever you are doing obedience training, they are super simple to just break off into little pieces you can place into your pocket and offer when a command was followed correctly, and dogs love the flavor so much, they want to do it more and more just to get the taste of these yummy treats. They are also a great price and don't cost nearly as much as some dog treats which can really get up into the money and for dog treats that really isn't necessary. One tip though make sure you do seal the bag completely before you store them away, because if you don't, they will dry out and crumble really easily and that makes for a big mess.

My dogs favorite

from Florida

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

I can't speak for the taste of these personally but they have been the favorite of all the dogs that I have had. The bag comes with a lot of product and since I have always had small dogs I generally broke them up into four parts making the bag of treats last much longer.

They smell a little strong though. I know they are dog treats but they are a very strongly smelling dog treat. Its not a pleasant smell at all. They are also oily, but I haven't experienced any digestion problems with the dogs because of either of these things.

They come in different variations including a lower fat version which is a plus for pet owners that have four legged friends that have maybe over indulged on other treats. When we tried the lower fat/ healthier variety with our dogs, they couldn't tell a taste difference. They gobbled the healthier ones up just as fast as the regular ones.

I would definitely recommend these for dog owners.

Great training tool.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef are a great tool to have for training or just a regular every day treat. These treats are a leaner treat meaning they are healthier for your dog to eat on a regular basis and they are not going to pack on the pounds from eating them. They have a very strong scent to them making them a good training tool. Pupperoni is very easy to break into small bite size pieces that are going for training. You can always find Pupperoni no matter what store you are in. It is always on sale some where and you can almost always find coupons for them making it worth buying even more. I have yet to find a dog that does not like Pupperoni because it is a meat treat and the smell of it is mouth watering to dogs. The benefit of them being a lean meat treat makes me buy them more often than most of the other treats we build due to the plain simple fact that our dog packs on pounds easily and can not seem to manage his weight well.

Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef: My Dogs Hated Them

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Pup-Peroni Pupperoni Dog Treats Lean Beef:

When I buy dog treats I usually have to get a large and small size treat because four of my dogs are large breed and one is small breed. That can cause some problems if the larger dogs see the smaller dog getting something different. To them that means that it has to be better than what they are getting and they either try to sniff it or steal it. They have gotten better at not doing that but if the small dog gets two treats instead of one, the four larger ones usually give me a look and wait for another treat.

The Pupperoni Lean Beef Dog Treats were something that I thought they would all love; the bag says that they are made with real beef and they don't have a horrible "meat by-product" smell when you take them out of the bag. They were pretty excited when I grabbed the bag and shook it but when they each got one they sniffed it, chewed on it a little and left it on the floor. Even the small one didn't like it and to have all five of them not like a treat usually means that there is something wrong with it or there's some scent to it that completely turns them off.

That was odd because when I got the Oven Roasted Chicken pouch they really liked them; when they were sold out of that flavor I grabbed the Lean Beef version thinking that they would love it. I wasn't sure what was wrong with them so I threw the pack out; I wouldn’t feel right giving these to someone else for their pet in case there was something wrong with them. When I checked the ingredients I didn't see anything that would cause them to not like the smell or taste of them and since they are packaged in a thick pouch there's nothing that could get inside it.