4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Free of fleas and ticks!!! YEAH!

My dogs are like my children and I am always buying the best for them, but with several instances of finding fleas on my dog I was upset with frontline.  The last straw was when I found a dead tick on my lab.  You may think dead is good, but it wasn't the tick had time to attach and swell up the size of a pencil eraser before it was killed.  Needless to say I switched.  It has been 4 months since the switch to advantix and my dogs are all flea and tick free.  This is saying alot because all of my neighbors are having problems with thier dogs on frontline and we are not.Definetly recomend Advantix!  It works and it is cheaper than Frontline Plus!

K9 Advantix created nasty oily fur

I tried out K9 Advantix because it was less expensive than Frontline Plus and was advertised to repel more insects. As far as efficacy was concerned, it was comparable to frontline. It may have repelled mosquitoes and biting flies. I don't know. I didn't notice a big difference. The dog I tried it out on was a Brittany with thick fur. The applicator is dark, so you can't see how much is left to apply. I had to keep shaking it, and the dog got antsy. He also had to remain standing, not sitting according to the directions, so that added to the challenge. It was hard enough keeping his fur spread open to the skin and shaking the applicator, now I've got to keep getting him to stand up again. Even though the dog had thick fur with an undercoat and the product was applied to the skin, his fur became visibly oily. You could basically see it spread on his body. I did not care for it at all.

will never use again

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

I will never put this on my dog again,, his skin looked burned for days after, and very lethargic, usually has tons of energy,,, called vet , they said keep an eye on him. Never liked the idea of putting poison on my dog, but took him on vacation with us and ticks were a problem where we went. I'd of rather dealt with the ticks than my poor dog after putting Advantix on him.

Quality of Ingredients
Don't know quality of ingredients,,just know they are not for my dog.

Side Effects
Red skin, lethargy

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Side Effects:

Finally, something that works!

from Concord, NC

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

I live in the south, where fleas and ticks are often a year round battle. Keeping them off of my dogs can be a real chore. I've tried all the other name brands, loads of the holistic and all natural methods, and even the ultrasonic insect repelling collars. Everything ends with the same results - my dogs still having a flea and tick problem.

This year I decided to bite the bullet and try Advantix. I was hesitant at first for a couple reasons. One being that it's not safe for cats, and while my dogs don't exactly cuddle with my cats, they still come in contact with one another on occasion. The second reason being that it's a bit expensive and I was gun shy having spent so much money on other products only to end up with fleas and ticks still on my pets. Still, I knew I had to try it since nothing else was working so I finally took the plunge.

I am extremely satisfied thus far with the performance of the product. It's easy to apply, the dogs can still swim (after a short period following application where they should not be allowed to swim), and most importantly, it's effective.

One application has lasted well over a month for each dog. I also love that it repels mosquitoes. One of my dogs has an allergic reaction every time he is bitten by a mosquito, so the fact that Advantix keeps them away too makes me extra happy. It also seems to keep the flies away.

Can't say enough good things about how well it's working for us.

Advantix Flea and Tick Medicine

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

I have tried many different flea and tick medications for my dog and advantix is by far the best one. I haven't had many problems with fleas where I live but the ticks this year are absolutely horrible. I like to walk in a wooded area and before I used advantix my dog was coming out with four or five ticks on him every time. Ticks are disgusting and a pain to find and remove from my dog. They would leave bloody spots on his skin and they can carry deadly viruses that are difficult to protect against. I used Advantix and the next day we went out and I did not find one single tick on him. It was easy to apply, just get to the skin between his shoulders and down his spine and let it soak in. It dried very quicky and it did not bother him at all. There was no smell and now I know he's protected from flea and ticks. I'm glad I decided to go with Advantix over other products as it protects against more kinds of ticks, and it's unique flea killing formula is very effective. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to protect their dog against fleas and ticks.

High quality ingredients.

Side Effects
My dog had no side effects at all.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Works great!

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

Advantix Flea and Tick works well. I was dog-sitting my god-doggie, a pug, and unfortunately, she got fleas while staying with me. First, I tried diatomaceous earth-an organic flea remedy. It did not work at all. The parents called in Capstar so I administered that. It only works for one day, and I still had another week to keep her. The fleas returned the next day. This time, her vet prescribed Advantix. It worked! I started seeing relief immediately. We brushed her with a flea comb after about an hour and some were dead, while others were lethargic. The next day, she had maybe 1 or 2 fleas. She was free of them by the time she went home. I wish the vet had prescribed Advantix to her immediately instead of trying Capstar!

Quality of Ingredients
I'm not sure what to say about the ingredients because I prefer organic with the least amount of chemicals possible.

Side Effects
I did not notice any side effects on my sweet god-doggie. She is an elderly pug so I was a little worried when we applied it.

• Quality of Ingredients:

advantix

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

the price for this was very steep. But compared to those that are actually effective and how long the cheaper ones last, this is well worth it if you wanna keep those pesky fleas and ticks away from your dog and out of your carpets and furniture. You only have to use one of these tubes every three months or so. We live right by the woods and let him out a lot, so we do ours every two-two and a half months. haven't seen a flea or tick since we started using. The only thing I hate is the smell. It is super potent, I usually have to get my husband to do it, and it definitely bothers our dog. He has to wear one of those cone collars for about a day when we put this on to prevent him from licking or scratching it. I definitely wish there was a more natural working medication that worked as well. Unfortunately until I find one, I am sticking with advantix. Hopefully the company will create one in the near future, I would definitely be willing to pay a little more for it.

Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment Ends the Scratching

from Houston, TX

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

Fleas and ticks have to be treated as quickly as possible to keep them off your dog and out of your home. Medications for fleas and ticks abound and one of the many good brands to consider is Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment.

Medication Facts and Commentary:

Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment is a useful treatment that is sold in a tube and applied externally by applying it on the back of the neck. A single treatment lasts a long time and goes to work quickly to kill fleas and ticks and keep them from coming back.

I have never had to deal with ticks on my dog (knock on wood), but I have had to deal with fleas and I have found that the best defense is a quick defense. As soon as you see the little critters, you need to act quickly to kill them on the spot. A product like Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment is very good for that purpose. Fleas and ticks cannot escape the toxins and they drop dead quickly.

Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment is a long- lasting treatment and it does work well, but there is one small issue I have with this product, and that is the price. It is quite a bit costlier than other brands, but considering that it does work well, it could be justified as money well spent.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Advantix Flea and Tick Treatment is a very good product for winning the fight against ticks and fleas. The product has a strong odor when first applied, but once you get past that, your dog will be well on his/her way to a cleaner, less itchy body.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients work quickly and kill the parasites like the should.

Side Effects
No side effects, except the nasty smell.

• Quality of Ingredients:

great, but be careful

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

Some say the price is well worth it and while I have to agree, it does come with a very steep price. Fortunately, you only have to use one tube of Advantix every couple of months depending on how big your flea and/or tick problem is.

We live in a rural area where my dog loves to run out and chase things in the woods. Unfortunately, I also found out that this made her the target of a certain, almost un-destroyable insect known as a tick. Ticks are a huge pain. They bother my dog to no end and they started leaching onto me, as I've found them on my head and in my clothing. When I asked the vet what I should do about them, he suggested Advantix. Maybe he was just being a good salesman and taking the most money out of me that he could get. But I can't complain. Not only did it kill any fleas and ticks that were on her body, I haven't even seen one since applying this to her. And no only is it effective, it's very safe because you apply it to a part of their body (back of the neck) that they can't every get to or lick. Just beware of the oil and smell for a few hours until it dries--it is some potent stuff.

• Side Effects:

The only flea and tick preventative I'd use!!!

from Watertown, NY

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

I am a licensed vet tech and I strongly suggest Advantix for dogs only!  This product is toxic if applied to cats!  Make sure you are applying the product correctly, if you have any questions just ask your veterinarian to show you how to apply it.  I wouldn't use any other product other than the advantage products!!!

The only flea and tick medicine that works for us

from Ashville, OH

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

I've used Advantix for a few years now on our 50 lb. Aussie mix and it is wonderful. This year I tried Frontline Plus and it didn't do anything for our dog. She was covered in ticks after our last camping trip and has been scratching from fleas ever since we made the switch to Frontline. I have a flea allergy so it's really important to me that we keep the fleas out of our home. I'm definitely switching back to Advantix and getting rid of the worthless Frontline! Both Advantix and Frontlineleft an oily spot where it is applied but that disappeared by the next day. It didn't affect us since my dog isn't one that rolls aorund on the floor or furniture.

I've seen it mentioned that Advantix doesn't work for dogs that swim. My dog loves to swim. We can't get in our pool without her jumping in with us. She swims almost daily in the summer and the Advantix still works for her. The Frontline that we tried never did work so I couldn't really tell you if it works after swimming or not. I can tell you that Advantix worked before, during, and after swimming on our dog.

miracle worker

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about K-9 Advantix Advantix K9 Flea & Tick:

We have 2 dogs that unfortunalty get fleas and ticks every few months and we have tried it all to get rid of them and normally its just temporary relief. Well I am glad to say we tried Advantix and they are GONE it took maybe 2 days for the medicine to fully kick in but once it did there was a significant change in my dogs deminor they are soooo much happier. Now my daughter can stay outside without having to worry about her being attacked or them coming in the house.