Other Dog Healths:
FRPL6PKFORSM, 891962001095, ZX391 12
Frontline Plus for Dogs

Frontline Plus for Dogs

• Side Effects:

Most effective, fast-acting flea and tick preventative!

Frontline Plus is the BEST! How do I know this? I'm a dog owner and I work at an animal shelter! I deal with fleas and ticks every day, but don't bring them home! Don't waste your time with expensive, over-the-counter flea and tick products. They are not nearly as effective and the harsh ingredients in them can make your pet sick or cause painful skin reactions! Frontline Plus is the safest, most reliable product out there! Working at a busy Humane Society has taught me the fundamentals of cost-effective animal care and flea and tick control. On a daily basis we have dogs and cats brought to us infested with dangerous amounts of fleas. Frontline is our best defense against these pests.A quick flea comb and application of Frontline Plus is the first step once an animal is brought in our door. It is quick - even the largest numbers of fleas are dead within 24 hours, long lasting - protection lasts at least 30 days, if not more and very easy to apply. Fleas need only come into contact with the treated animal for a short time and they are fully exposed to the treatment. A simple pre-measured dose applied on the skin between the shoulder blades and we're taken the most significant step to making sure our new resident is on their way to a healthy recovery. Although small kittens cannot be given Frontline due to their weight, it is possible to Frontline the mother cat and successfully kill the fleas on the kittens, as well. The fleas jump from the babies to Mom and are exposed to the Frontline, killing them and protecting the kittens.Using Frontline Plus at the shelter prevents a major infestation - we do not have a flea problem, despite the number of affected animals that are brought in every day. We've protected all of the 300+ cats and kittens alone we've taken in so far this year with Frontline Plus and it has been the most effective, budget friendly decision. There's always the concern of adverse reactions with Frontline Plus, that an animal will lose hair or develop skin problems at the site where the solution is administered. Personally, I've never seen such a reaction. I have no doubt that it does happen from time to time, but we take in over 600 dogs and cats a year and haven't had such a case at the shelter in the year that I've been working there. I also use Frontline Plus at home on my dog. It's easily available, relatively inexpensive and I know for sure that it's going to work. The Bottom Line - Frontline Plus is: - safe for most dogs and cats when correct measurement is used

- completely effective - kills fleas within 24 hours and protects for 30 days

- easy to administer, widely available and relatively inexpensive

Frontline Plus didn't do enough to make my dog comfortable.

I love my 14 pound Jack Russell Terrier and would pay any amount to keep him healthy and happy (and have in vet's bills). Mickey has a flea allergy so, when he has one, it feels like he has 100. And when he has 100, well, he's a hairless, red, mess of a creature.

I tried **Frontline Plus Frontline Plus for Dogs & Puppies 11 22 Pounds 3 Applicators **to control his fleas in the summertime and was disappointed. Although the claims are big for this product, I found it didn't do the job well enough.

This applies to the back of the neck and then spreads through the skin. It is supposed to kill fleas, flea eggs, and all sorts of nasty stuff.

However, after a week, my dog was itching and scratching like crazy again. I took him to his vet's who gave me Advantage to apply along with some medication to calm his red, irritated skin.

Since I have used the Advantage, our flea problems are gone. There are still a few here and there since I also have three cats, but Mickey isn't suffering and staying up all night chewing himself silly.

**Conclusion**

For us, **Frontline Plus Frontline Plus for Dogs & Puppies 11 22 Pounds 3 Applicators, **just doesn't do the job Advantage does. Each applicator is supposed to last a month but I found they only lasted a week and Mick was back suffering.

I'm sticking to Advantage from now on. My dog deserves to be comfortable and Frontline just didn't seem to be able to do that for him.

2 stars.

Effective!

from MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

For years we have used Revolution on our small dog for flea and tick prevention, and we kept her on it year-round even though she is a house dog. I didn't want to take any chances! One year we decided to take a break during the winter and stop using it during the fall/winter months. In that first month she got fleas! We were out of our usual product (Revolution) so we had to get something at the store as our vet was closed, so we were able to get some Frontline Plus at the local pet store. This was awesome! It stopped those fleas in their tracks! It was very easy to use and apply, and it was cheaper than the Revolution we were purchasing from our vet. I also really love the fact that it's available in retail stores, making it extremely convenient to purchase, especially during later hours when the vet may be closed. Frontline has proven to be just as effective as the prescription Revolution and much easier to purchase. Excellent product!

WORST PRODUCT EVER!

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Not Effective

• IN TRASH

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

I purchased this product specifically due to the excellent reviews online on different sites, including this one. This product is not only ineffective, it seems to ATTRACT fleas rather than kill them! I was appalled at the results. After two weeks of battling fleas, I take our bully to the vet. Vet explains this product should have been taken off market years ago, as the fleas have developed an immunity and is totally ineffective (at least in the Atlanta area). Of course, after my experience, I find all the horrible reviews on the consumer sites. Geeze! What a waste of money and more importantly the time waiting for this product to work. The oral prescription given by the vet worked within 3 hours!

Flea and tick medicine is effective.

from north augusta sc

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

Front line is effective with killing flea and ticks. It was difficult to apply without my dog moving, so it is best for two people to apply the medicine. It is a little hard to dispense the medicine with the package, so I had to make sure it was properly cut. The medicine did work well once I applied it to the back of my dog. The medicine was pricey, but there was a small discount when I bought a full year's supply. Another issue I have with this medicine is that my dog can lick it off and roll over and the medicine may not be absorbed like it should. There is no way to tell if the medicine was properly administered unless the dog is tick free or suddenly there are bites. I would recommend this medicine if you are comfortable administering medicine to animals. Otherwise, I would try a chew pill.

Quality of Ingredients
      The medicine is high quality for killing fleas and ticks.

Side Effects
      There are no noticeable side effect with this medication on my dog that I have noticed.

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

Buyer beware- does not work as advertised!

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

When I got by two puppies a few years ago, I went to Frontline and my tick and flea preventative. They seemed to have a decent reputation at the time and I honestly didn't know any better. Two years later, I had found a total of 4 ticks, attached and feeding off my dogs, while on this "preventative." I was horrified. Also, to be clear, yes, I faithfully administered the product ever month- there was never a lapse. Because of this, I know that the product itself must be faulty. Another frustrating aspect- the product is incredibly expensive and out prices all similar products on the market.

I have since switched to K9 Advantix and am incredibly happy with it. We saw a tick land on our puppy while on the product and it slid right off. I will never go back to Frontline again.

Quality of Ingredients
      The product did not work, so I assume the ingredients were not high quality.

Side Effects
      My dogs didn't have any noticeable side effects.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Frontline is up front!

from Webb City, MO

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

Front line plus works very well for my dog. She had no allergies to it and it keeps her tick and flea free. I love the reminder stickers for my calendar and my refrigerator that come with the tubes and the ease of use packaging of the medication. I have tried both frontline and frontline plus and they both do a great job of keeping away the fleas and ticks. I'm very happy with the results.

Quality of Ingredients
      The quality was terrific. After the first application we didn't show any signs of fleas and haven't had any re-occuring sightings of fleas. We have had no ticks or any other pests. It doesn't have a bad smell and any other negative qualities. It is very easy to use.

Side Effects
      It didn't have any side effects and dried quickly where the animal couldn't get to it. It did not have a greasy film to it like some other topical flea treatments. It had a pleasant smell to it and I enjoy using this flea treatment.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Be sure your Frontline Plus is the real product, not Counterfeit

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

My yard has trees & is surrounded by brush, which can be a haven for ticks. I have always had long haired dogs, which makes looking for ticks more difficult. I remember finding a HUGE grey, fully engorged tick on the living room floor when I had my Pekinese Mix. It was then that I purchased Frontline from the vet & started using it on my dog.

When the weather warms up I use a comb to part my dog’s hair between his shoulder blades. I then snap the applicator open & squirt the Frontline directly on his skin in the part I just made. I don’t want to waste any of the product on my dog’s fur, so I usually end up making a 2nd part & repeating the process until the Frontline is absorbed into his skin. It has a pleasant citrusy scent. I usually apply it at bedtime, so that it dries overnight & my dog doesn’t roll & get any of the product on the couch or lose any rolling in the grass outside.

Because Frontline is quite pricey, I started purchasing Frontline for a little less online. When I told the vet clinic staff this, I was told that there is a lot of counterfeit Frontline & what to watch out for. I have seen what I assume to be counterfeit Frontline listed on ebay. Although, I’ve never purchased the counterfeit Frontline, my neighbor has, so I thought I’d include some things to watch out for.

1) The counterfeit Frontline package may have the weight in kg. Frontline always has the weight listed in lbs.
      2) The counterfeit Frontline package may have an expiration date. Since Frontline is a pesticide, it never expires & there should be no expiration date on the package.
      3) Counterfeit Frontline may have a batch no. printed on the dose package. Frontline always prints a lot no.
      4) Counterfeit Frontline may have nothing on the back of the actual applicator. Frontline always has printing on the back of their applicators.
      5) Counterfeit Frontline may have instructions in foreign languages. Frontline instructions are only in English.

Frontline is quick & easy to apply. I apply Frontline once a month to my dog in warmer weather. The package comes with reminder stickers. I just put one on the calendar day when I need to reapply. Since I started using Frontline for my dogs, we haven’t had any flea or tick problems with them, although I’ve occasionally had to pull one off of me! I highly recommend this product if you have dogs.

Side Effects
      Since Frontline is a pesticide, I’m always careful so it does not come in contact with my skin. As with any pesticide, skin irritation may occur, but I have not noted any side effects from it in my dog or me.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Great Product

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

I have two Jack-Russell mix dogs, which I have been using Frontline Plus on for seven years now. This product is great for controlling, and keeping away ticks, fleas, and other nasty bugs from your furry little one.
      This product is not a collar, but instead a medication that you place on your dog. The directions tell you to apply it in a place where they won't be able to lick or gnaw. I typically apply it between the shoulders right below the neck line.
      Since I've been using this product, I have had no issues with fleas or other insects. The smell is a little much at first, but it doesn't bother my dogs or me that much.
      For the price, you can't ask for a better product. My vet even claims that this is an all around solid product.

Quality of Ingredients
      You are getting one of the best flea, and tick control on the market. Other brands don't last nearly as long, nor are they as effective.

Side Effects
      Like I mentioned before, the odor can be a bit much at times, but it doesn't seem to bother my dogs at all, and after awhile you won't even notice it.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Frontline

from Apo, AE

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

I have been using the Frontline plus for a few years now on my dog. I haven't noticed any side effects so far and our dog never had any fleas. He usually spends an equal amount of time outdoors and indoors in spring and summer time. Once in a while I find a tick on him but not very often.

• Side Effects:

Frontline seems to be the only reliable tick aid that works.

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

Frontline seems to be the only reliable tick aid that works on my dog. When you find a tick on her, it is already crusted over from the Frontline attacking the tick's sucking system.

Quality of Ingredients
      This seems to be the only product that works on my dog. I reside near a creek bed where the ticks can be thick. Very few end up on my dog; and when they do, they are crusted over fairly quickly (skeletonized). I worry about the side effects of some of the ingredients, but no natural product seems to work. I have tried Neem Oil. I have heard that lavender, lemongrass, eucalpytus essential oils are suppose to work, but have not given them a try yet. I am trying to determine if any of these oils would cause a skin rash.

Side Effects
      So far there seems to be no side effects on my dog. I would like to have a more natural product, but there doesn't seem to be any essential oil that works. Neem oil works but not as well as Frontline, plus it definitely has a terrible odor and needs to be reapplied on a daily basis.

• Quality of Ingredients:

The Only Flea Treatment I Trust

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Frontline Plus for Dogs:

Frontline is one of the only products that I will use on my dog. It has a long reputation from a quality brand and is FDA approved, so those are things that I can appreciate.
      I appreciate the fact that the Frontline is so simple to use. All that you need to so is pop the top of the flea treatment bottle open and apply it to the neck of the dog. It takes just a couple of minutes to do, and then your pet is protected for 30 days.I like the fact that it protects from fleas, but also ticks, too. We live in the country and our dog seems to love to go into the woods often. I feel assured using Frontline. I have never had any problems with my animal after using the product so no side effects or other worries.
      Another awesome benefit of this flea treatment is that it is waterproof. You won't be able to let your dog get wet for a couple of days of applying, but once it dries you are good to go and Fido can play in the water or get a bath as you see fit.